LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats
LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats.
Currently, the list of supported and tested formats and features include:
- MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS, FLV, OGG are tested and will be registered for. Other formats can be tested using GraphStudio.
- H264, VC-1, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8 have been tested and are working well.
- DTS, AC3, TrueHD, MP3, Vorbis have been tested.
- Rudimentary Subtitle Support
- Stream Switching
Input Files: AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, OGG/OGM
Output Files: DivX, H.264, Xvid
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Oct 25, 2023
- NEW: Added identification of DTS:X in DTS HD-HRA streams
- NEW: Support for various stream flags in Matroska containers (Hearing Impaired, and more)
- Changed: Text-based subtitle selection now uses case-insensitive matches (ASCII characters only)
- Fixed: Many stream titles in MP4 files weren't being read properly
- NEW: Support for decoding SMC video
- Fixed: HLG video streams could have their HLG flag overriden in some circumstances
- Fixed: TrueHD bitstreaming of Atmos tracks could cause output timestamps to be off, confusing some audio renderers