AC3Filter - it is DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding to play .AVI
with AC3 audio tracks and MPEG2 (DVD). Distributed absolutely for
free (FREEWARE, OpenSource). Sorry if my English is bad, but I think it
is better to have something than nothing.
- Full AC3 standard compliance.
- S/P DIF passthrough support.
- Decode MPEG2 PES streams.
- Multichannel output support.
- LFE support.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) support.
- Overflow control and automatic gain control.
- Gain levels control.
- Bitstream information (channel format, bitrate, sample
rate, coupling freq and maximum freq).
- Input/output levels.
- Matrix mixer with direct control of mixing matrix.
- Stereo to multichannel mixing.
- DolbySurround/ProLogic/ProLogicII downmixing.
The official change log for version 1.46 is as follows:
- + AC3 encoder bitrate is now adjustable
- + Korean translation added (thanks to starcodec)
- ! Upmixing of Dolby Surround files works now (thanks to Stefan Schott)
- ! MPEG Audio Joint stereo playback fixed (thanks to Daniel Bechter)
- ! Problem with decimal point in mixing matrix on some non-english Windows (thanks to Marcin Hencz)
You may download this updated version here