"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14:
* New Download & Tracking plugin API has been developed. The API specifies which file extensions or URL sub-string matches to pass to the Download & Tracking API instead of trying to play.
This information is specified under: Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions : Download The API can be used create a plugin that integrate with 3rd party download software or directly download the content itself.
The tracking portion of the API shows the currently download state and whether there's a good chance the download is currently playable. This information is displayed in the media library, file browsing and download tracking fullscreen navigation interfaces.
* The download tracking navigation interface has been enhanced with the ability to predict when you can begin playing a media file while it is still downloading.
When using the new Torrents plugin, the prediction is based on the number of torrent pieces that have successfully downloaded from the beginning and end of the media file.
By default this is 2% from the beginning of the file and 1% from the end. The Torrents plugin requires qBittorrent version 4 or newer to work. qBittorrent is now available to download through the Install Center. A quick slideshow demonstrating how to use the Torrents plugin: https://www.facebook.com/zoomplayer/videos/1475689062513061/
We are building a library and possibly a seed-box to show case public- domain and creative commons videos. If you would like to expose your video to Zoom Player's user base, please contact us at: https://inmatrix.com/email/business.shtml
* Download tracking plugins can be enabled, disabled and configured through a new interface under "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker".
* New Playlist media library source plugin that lets you assign any playlist as a media library category.
* The media library fullscreen interface's settings page can now be used to select the Audio Rendering device (audio output), making it easy to switch between different output modes (switching audio between rooms, speaker setups, headphone output, etc).
* The media library fullscreen interface's settings page can now be used to select the Video Rendering device, making it easy to test out different rendering qualities or in cases where a particular video may not play correctly in your preferred video renderer.
* New "Facebook" smart play profile for playing facebook video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Vimeo" smart play profile for playing viemo video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Daily Motion" smart play profile for playing Daily Motion video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Streaming Services" smart play profile supporting streaming videos from:
- bofunk.com - break.com - ebaumsworld.com - godtube.com - liveleak.com - tcmag.com - teamfourstar.com - veoh.com - vk.com - vkmag.com - yourepeat.com
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / History) to prevent files or URLs from being saved to the play history. All you need to do is specify a partial string, for example "some folder name" or "someurl.org".
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / History) to hide files or URLs from being displayed in the play history dialogs while still remember the last playback position, volume, subtitle track, etc. All you need to do is specify a partial string, for example "some folder name" or "someurl.org".
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) to disable seeking controls when playing files or URLs containing a specified path or text.
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to override the audio renderer when playing with visualization. This allows you to use the "DC-Crossfading Audio Renderer" to support a volume fading effect on Start/End/Play/Stop/Seek only when playing with visualizations. This is similar to how WinAmp fades audio between tracks.
Download the DC-Crossfading Audio Renderer here: (http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=14)
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation) to display all navigation interfaces on a secondary monitor.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) that controls whether Zoom Player switches to the next/previous track when using next/previous chapter function on a media that does not contain chapters. This setting is enabled by default.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) that can force playback to delay for a specified number of milliseconds after finishing to play a track with audio visualizations.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) that specifies the visualization rendering frame rate, by default 30fps.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback) that reloads a live stream if the stream disconnects unexpectedly.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to automatically play the next media in the playlist after deleting the currently playing media. This setting is disabled by default.
* New "Scrape using media derived title (instead of file name)" media library category setting used to scrape online for content based on the media's title (instead of the file name).
* New "Do not display the media's position/duration on top of thumbnails" media library category setting to prevent the current play position and the media's duration from appearing on top of thumbnails.
* New "Do not display a media format (audio/video/picture) icon on top of thumbnails" media library category setting to prevent the drawing of a media format indicator icon from appearing on top of thumbnails.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / On Screen Display) that controls the OSD clock position.
* You can now create and save chapter points (bookmarks) for streaming URLs.
* When taking screenshots of the playing video (Alt+F keyboard macro), the current play position is now saved as part of the file name.
* The fullscreen information navigation interface now includes media format information extracted using the MediaInfo.dll plugin.
* New (optional) control bar button to open/hide the fullscreen stream selection navigation interface.
* New "exSetAudTrack" extended function that sets the current audio track.
* New "exSetSubTrack" extended function that sets the current subtitle track.
+ The media library "TheMovieDB" plugin's Movie/TV detection accuracy has increased by cropping out more undesired key-words from file/folder names, using a fuzzy search algorithm to better detect non-exact movie names matches and preferring a release year with a partial name match to an exact name match with a mismatched release date.
+ The internal image decoder (JPEG/GIF/PNG/BMP) is now capable of downloading and displaying images directly from web servers (e.g. a playlist full of image URLs).
+ Using the "open streaming link" or "open streaming link from keyboard" functions will now relay downloadable URLs to any matching download plugin (for example .torrent/magnet links) without affecting the current playback.
+ The media library 'RSS Feed' plugin now caps the maximum cached entries to 2000 and the description length to 3500 characters. Otherwise, over time the RSS plugin data would become too large and would stop displaying.
+ The playlist fullscreen navigation interface now draws a playing icon next to the currently playing track.
+ The YouTube Search and Trending media library plugins will now use a search/trending thumbnail when creating new categories. This change does not apply to previously created categories. The new images can be manually assigned using the category configuration dialog. By default the new images are located here using Windows 64bit: "c:Program Files (x86)Zoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Search.jpg" "c:Program Files (x86)Zoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Trending.jpg"
And here using Windows 32bit: "c:Program FilesZoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Search.jpg" "c:Program FilesZoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Trending.jpg"
+ The new version update notification will now include a condensed highlight list of what changed in the latest version (will only appear in the next version released after this one).
+ The "Scrape folder thumbnails by using the name of the first video file within the folder instead of the folder name" media library category setting now works better in TV Jukebox mode by scraping only for the show name, no longer scraping season/episode numbers from the file name.
+ Pruning the play history (using the button) no longer erases URL entries, only local files that were erased from the disk drive.
+ The thumbnail and meta-data cache folder is now cleared once a week instead of on every exit, improving the time it takes Zoom Player to close.
+ Many of the main navigation icons were polished to give the default navigation theme a more consistent look.
+ The "unknown" icon has been updated to better suit the UX design.
+ The media library plugin API can now accept local-file thumbnails when creating new categories.
- Fixed a major issue with random play that would cause it to stop working after the entire playlist has been finished playing one time.
- Installing an audio device or a custom audio renderer filter would change the selected audio renderer for DVDs and WMP ActiveX playback.
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a URL from the clipboard when the clipboard contained junk text.
- Using local settings files while running multiple Zoom Player instances from different folders prevented changed settings from being saved.
- Zoom Player didn't look for subtitles in the XySubFilter's paths definition, causing subtitles not to load when they were not in the same folder as the video.
- Playing a media from the windows explorer (or other 3rd party software) would show an "are you sure?" prompt by accident.
- Fixed a crash when trying to load a malformed play history cache file.
- The Zoom Player Install Center and Zoom Player itself were out of sync, triggering a new components update notification to appear within 2 weeks after running the Instal Center.
- Registry entries were not being saved/loaded properly when running Zoom Player in Windows Vista compatibility mode (and possibly other compatibility modes). This of course lead to instability.
- When enabling the "Seek to key-frames when using LAV Video decoder (faster, less accurate seeking)" setting, some file handles were not properly closed, preventing the playing media from being erased until Zoom Player was closed.
- The key-mapping editor's search feature did not work.
- Fixed a freeze triggered by the media library's 'RSS Feed' plugin on certain RSS feeds that used an ASCII #13 as a line break.
- When playing a SHOUTcast stream, the playlist editor cleared the selected entry every second.
- Smart Play's "Configure File Source" dialog did not set a default value for the "Use with" field when a non-english language pack was used.
- The "stay on top" setting would stop functioning when exiting fullscreen mode with the playlist editor visible.
- The Windows Picture Library and Music Library (system folders) may not have displayed with the correct thumbnail layout in the media library.
- The controlbar's volume pop-up slider did not appear in the correct position under some circumstances.
- Fixed a glitch where TAG display for a local file playback would show "???" instead of international characters.
- Fixed an issue where audio visualization wouldn't render in the correct resolution when changing the visualization display size.
- Wrong duration displayed in the playlist when using Windows Media Player's ActiveX control to play streaming media.
- Double-clicking a station list entry to begin playback while the media library was opened could trigger a playback of whatever was highlighted in the media library instead of the station list entry.
- Hiding the "Media Scanner" and "Remove Category Folder(s)" from the media library's category listing would break keyboard quick search from working on the last category listed.
- In some cases, when using the "Media Close Delay" feature, the delay would be twice as long as the specified value.
- Playback of ASX playlists did not work.
- With some language packs, the text for the station manager's left column would cut-off.
- Debug logs related to kinetic scrolling were being saved by the non-debug version.
- The Double-Click function did not work when clicking audio visualizations.
- The default value for the new "Navigation on Monitor" setting was accidentally set to as fullscreen on a the first monitor instead of the current monitor (within the window or fullscreen).
- Fixed a crash when trying to close the media library just as it was being opened.
- Fixed a bug in the smart play source filter "new profile" dialog which caused the "use with the following URLs" entries to be lost when pressing smart play's auto-configure button.
- The OSD clock is now closed when the options dialog is open as it caused other windowed opened through the options dialog to hide behind the options dialog window.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.