This is the version history page for ImageGrab, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 5.0.6 (Sep 24, 2010)
- Version 5.0.5 (Sep 12, 2010)
- Version 5.0.4 Beta (Sep 1, 2010)
- Version 5.0.3 Beta (Aug 27, 2010)
- Version 5.0.2 Beta (Aug 25, 2010)
- Version 5.0.1 Beta (Aug 23, 2010)
- Version 5.0.0 Beta (Aug 21, 2010)
- Version 4.2 (Sep 15, 2008)
- Version 4.1.3 (Jun 10, 2007)
- Version 4.1.2 (Jun 4, 2007)
- Version 4.1.1 (May 30, 2007)
- Version 4.0 (May 24, 2007)
- Release Date: Sep 24, 2010
- a serious bug during inlay of text in the video has been fixed
- code has been cleaned and optimized
- the video is less jerky when the state changes
- the current image is copied into the clipboard and no more the previous snapshot
- the intervalometer in normal mode has been fixed to extract the correct images
Version 5.0.4 Beta
- Release Date: Sep 12, 2010
- The script command have been completed and enhanced
- jpeg files can be loaded instead of video files
- in the options frame, one can choose not to display the errors
Version 5.0.3 Beta
- Release Date: Sep 1, 2010
- errors ate better managed if ImageGrab can not open a file
- audio files can also be played with ImageGrab
- texts are more translated (English version)
- ImageGrab does no more install the filters Haali media Splitter and ffdshow. You must install them by your own.
Version 5.0.2 Beta
- Release Date: Aug 27, 2010
- the program is much more stable when loading files that ImageGrab cannot proceed or if the necessary codecs are not found.
- Error messages are better displayed
- a bug has been fixed that affected inlaying of timestamp in videos without framerate
- some videos were displayed with a bad size
Version 5.0.1 Beta
- Release Date: Aug 25, 2010
- the timestamp is updated 25 times per second instead of 2 times
- this readme file is accessible in the Start menu
- some bugs have been repaired in the inital settings of ffdshow
- the registry keys created by ffdshow and haali are deleted during uninstallation if necessary to restore the initail situation.
- a larger buffersize has been allocated totransinplace filters to avoid exceptions
Version 5.0.0 Beta
- Release Date: Aug 23, 2010
- improvements in display when using large fonts
- better management of mpeg decoders when ffdshow not installed
- ffdshow has always priority if installed
- added a button to install the missing filters, when warned at launch
- Release Date: Aug 21, 2010
- the size of the window of ImageGrab is adjustable, and may even be maximized to cover the whole screen.
- much more video containers can be read by Imagegrab, specially the videos high definition AVCHD (provided Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow are installed)
- a fully and easily personnalizable inlay of text may be added to the video
- display of the video, and grabbed images, respect the aspect ratio of the video, for instance 4x3 or 16x9.
- size of the video image, codec and some data are provide for each video or audio stream in the file.
- a table of all keyboard shortcuts and switches can be displayed with F11
- the load factor of CPU and the free space in the hard disk may be displayed during operation
- you may install or uninstall filters (for example a decoder) with drag/drop of an *.ax file
- when thhe aspect ratio of the video is changed, the saved video changes accordingly whenever it's possible
- intervalometer has two modes: a fast mode that browses to the images to be extracted, and a precise mode that plays the whole video and grabs the desired images. This second mode is adapted when extracting frames separated with short intervals, even for extracting all frames one by one.
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2008
- Texts have been adapted for translation
- The saving of preferences is simplified
- The position of the picture (ALT+W) is better managed
- The command Z takes parameters r,p,n to save the preferences (r=Registry, p=Portable, n=None)
- The fullscreen is better managed and keeps the aspect ratio of the video
- Release Date: Jun 10, 2007
- the /P command to set a position in a script or command-line is improved: the program waits now until the position is reached. There should no more be the issue of previous images being grabbed instead of the required position.
- the script and command-line commands are better working in some cases, even if there are erroneous commands. They will simply be ignored.
- Release Date: Jun 4, 2007
- one can go the the scn or srt file by clicking on the sign
- if the destination folder is changed in the Options panel, then the name on the bottom panel is updated
- the Escape key works now when the intervallometer is On with a live stream
- in the script commands, choosing Seconds or Frames for the intervallometer woks now correctly.
- Release Date: May 30, 2007
- the internal engine to render files has been improved, specially for mpeg2 files
- the live video sources are better recognized, and the settings of the source are more efficient
- the image may be flipped vertically
- the size of the video and of the next grabbed picture are displayed
- the little picture can be put to right or the left of the video (ALT+W)
- some little interface bugs have been fixed
- when an error occurs, it is displayed in a modal form.
- the script langage accepts wildcards for defining the video files to be processed
- Release Date: May 24, 2007
- new version 4.0.x has been published since May, 24th, 2007. There are some nice features like saving the preferences.