- This list includes changes made since the
last public release (v0.61.05).
- Added support for NVIDIA NVENC encoding.
- Corrected an error that could cause BD-RB
to exit in failure when attempting a size-
correcting second pass in CRF mode while
doing a UHD backup.
- Added code that will update the HDR flags
in the MPLS file for sources in which HDR
was not established until after reencoding
on full backups.
- Fixed an error in which MPEG2 sources may
not make video adjustments detected during
import when reencoding. This could result
in stretched or compressed images.
- Created a workaround for a problem with
converting PAL to NTSC flags during import
which could confuse TSMUXER's recognition
of video resolution.
- Added code to adapt to UHD sources that are
not sized to either 3840(h) or 2160(v).
- Corrected an issue in which video sources
that are an odd size during import might
use the wrong resizing when HEVC encoding
- Fixed a bug in which large audio offsets
detected during import were not being
- Fixed a bug that could cause undersizing
when an AC3 stream is kept intact because
the original is smaller than the selected
reencoder bitrate. This typically only
happens on DVD imports.
- Fixed an error that could result in wrong
aspect ratio on imported sources that are
- Corrected an issue in which some command
line settings were not being set when a
non-UHD source is output as V3.
- Added a routine to ensure formatting of
CRF values consistent.
- Updated CQM prediction routines.
- Fixed an issue that can cause the CQM/CRF
sample file to have a zero length when
used in other-than-US regions.
- Modified NVENCC options to eliminate vbrhq
from the command line, as it is targeted
to be deprecated. Replaced by "vbr" and
manually enabling "--multipass 2pass-full"
(the newer equivalent of vbrhq).
- Rewrote the "Bitstream Exception" TSMUXER
error workaround routine so it now uses
a more efficient method -- and better
adjusts audio sync. It also now adjusts
for Dolby Vision exception errors.
- Fixed an issue in which BT709 sources were
not being encoded with proper settings.
- Increased the accepted value of the THREADS
hidden option from 16 to 128. Note: While
128 is accepted for x264 -- realistically
you should never set it that high.
- Added support for HDR10+ in X265 encoding
and experimental (needs testing) support
for NVENCC. A JSON file is created con-
currently with video extraction. HDR10+
streams are now identified in the streams
list by a "+" next to "HEVC". Note that "*"
indicates Dolby Vision. "*+"=both. To enable
experimental support in NVENCC, as the
hidden value NVENC_ENABLE_10PLUS=1 to your
- Corrected an error that would result in
only 48 frames being encoded during CRF
prediction when using X265.
- Changed the ALTERNATE settings so creating
a preset that outputs HEVC to MP4 is now
- Fixed an issue that could result in an
error "ExtractAudioSubs() 00058 1605".
- Fixed a problem that could cause multipart
sources to fail during rebuild when
outputting to ALTERNATE choices.
- Implemented a method by which a different
background image could be used for multpage
menus. Menu pages 2-x can be changed by
adding additional file(s) into the same
folder as the initial background image.
Example: If the background image is called
"BACKGROUND.JPG". You can us another
image for page 2 by creating an image called
"BACKGROUND_2.JPG" (page 3=BACKGROUND_3.JPG)
- Updated the included version of MP4BOX to
- Updated the included versions of X265 to a
newer (v3.2.1) release.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.