LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats
LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats.
Currently, the list of supported and tested formats and features include:
- MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS, FLV, OGG are tested and will be registered for. Other formats can be tested using GraphStudio.
- H264, VC-1, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8 have been tested and are working well.
- DTS, AC3, TrueHD, MP3, Vorbis have been tested.
- Rudimentary Subtitle Support
- Stream Switching
Input Files: AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, OGG/OGM
Output Files: DivX, H.264, Xvid
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Feb 16, 2018
- LAV Filters now requires Windows Vista or newer, Windows XP is no longer supported
- NEW: Preliminary support for UHD Blu-ray parsing
- NEW: D3D11 hardware accelerated decoding (native mode with madVR, Copy-Back otherwise)
- Fixed: HDR metadata was not properly communicated to madVR in DXVA2-Native mode
- Fixed: Anamorphic WMV9/VC-1 videos were not being played back with the correct aspect ratio in all cases
- Fixed: Changing certain settings while playback was paused could result in a deadlock
- Fixed: Playing severly corrupted HEVC streams with hardware decoding could result in playback failing entirely, instead of skipping over the corruption
- NEW: Basic support for AAC 960 streams (common in DVB radio streams)