LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats
LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats.
Currently, the list of supported and tested formats and features include:
- MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS, FLV, OGG are tested and will be registered for. Other formats can be tested using GraphStudio.
- H264, VC-1, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8 have been tested and are working well.
- DTS, AC3, TrueHD, MP3, Vorbis have been tested.
- Rudimentary Subtitle Support
- Stream Switching
Input Files: AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, OGG/OGM
Output Files: DivX, H.264, Xvid
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2016
- NEW: Support for extracting HDR metadata from YouTube HDR VP9 streams
- Fixed: Reading MKV files could crash when encountering tags for unknown or disabled streams
- NEW: Support for 10-bit UtVideo
- NEW: MagicYUV decoding support
- NEW: Experimental support for CineformHD decoding
- Fixed: Converting 12-bit 4:4:4 YCbCr to RGB32 would result in a garbled image
- Fixed: Decoding certain H.264 streams could drop a few frames at the start of playback
- NEW: DTS Express (LBR) decoding support