LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats
LAV Filters/LAVFSplitter is a set of DirectShow filters and splitters. It uses libavformat, the ffmpeg demux library that supports almost all the common video formats.
Currently, the list of supported and tested formats and features include:
- MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS, FLV, OGG are tested and will be registered for. Other formats can be tested using GraphStudio.
- H264, VC-1, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8 have been tested and are working well.
- DTS, AC3, TrueHD, MP3, Vorbis have been tested.
- Rudimentary Subtitle Support
- Stream Switching
Input Files: AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, OGG/OGM
Output Files: DivX, H.264, Xvid
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2018
- Changed: Enabled CineformHD decoding by default, since the decoder has much improved
- Fixed: Decoding Matroska files with Linked Segments which used old x264 4:4:4 encodes could result in corruption
- NEW: Blu-ray Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 decoding and bitstreaming support
- NEW: LAV Audio will fallback to audio decoding if bitstreaming is not supported by the audio renderer/hardware
- Fixed: DTS-HD HRA bitstreaming did not work properly with many A/V receivers
- Fixed: TrueHD bitstreaming could result in drop-outs on high bitrate TrueHD+Atmos streams