A rumor has been floating around that the new Nintendo Wii, the Wii 2, will have an internal Blu-Ray drive that supports 1080p games and movies.
The Blu-ray Wii rumor was started by a Nintendo of France marketing employee and also said that it should be out by the third quarter of 2010.
Another rumor (that I don't think is true), is that consumers will have the option to trade in old Wii's for "Wii 2" consoles.
Here is a current list of Nintendo Wii 2 rumors:
- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for Blu-ray movies and games
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2