A multimedia player with a similar interface to Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many more features specific for DivX playback.
A "HomeCinema" edition of MPC is also available with some additional features:
Playing back .MP4 H.264 encoded movies:
- Anti tearing option
- Jitter tests - In VMR9 renderless and EVR custom pres. mode it's possible to display a jitter curve using "Ctrl+J" shortcut. This curve show difference between the moment one frame was expected to be displayed, and the moment it was really displayed.
- Subtiles synchronisation
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- OSD (On Screen Display) - When video output is VMR9 or EVR, MPC can displays some informations on screen (remaining time, volume, audio track, subtitle, …).
The official change log for version Version 18.104.22.168 (20080104) is as follows:
- MPC: The INITIAL value of the setting "Auto-load subtitles" will now default to OFF when DirectVobSub is detected as installed and to ON when DirectVobSub is not found.
- MPC: Restored the subtitle database functionality and updated it with a working URL.
- MPC: various small changes.
You may download this updated version here