X Codec Pack is not just another codec pack.
Just the most used (popular) codecs are included (see below). If you are looking for a big pack with lots of codecs, filters, tools, this is the wrong place. Lots of codecs can mess up your Windows.
Unlike other codec packs, you can select the components you want to install, you get uninstall support, detection for previous installed versions, update for new versions - you don’t have to download the whole pack again.
The official change log for version is as follows:
- # corrected bug involving components for uninstall not showing
- # update system recoded, better handling, v0.9.1
- # install and uninstall script upgrades and fixes
- # if user selected no shortcuts, uninstall did not work correctly
- # DivX G400 shortcut was not deleted at uninstall
- # updated script for Windows version detection
- # disabled MPC AC3/DTS internal filters
- # updated script for silent installs
- + added icons for Vista
- + updated XviD to v1.1.3
- + updated the answer file creator for unattended installs, now included in the pack, v0.3.2
- + create shortcuts for all users used, not an option anymore
- + AC3 filter updated to v1.46
- + MPC updated to Home Cinema v188.8.131.52
- + DivX v6 updated to v184.108.40.206
- + Video Inspector updated to v220.127.116.11
- + VSFilter updated to v2.38, config shortcut available
- * added FFDShow BETA 4 (rev 1685)
- * option at uninstall for keeping/removing all/registry/files/settings
- * if already installed, read selected sections from registry
- - DivX antiFreeze removed. Not necessary anymore.
You may download this updated version here