The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It it always very up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
* It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
* It's easy to make an unattended installation.
* It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs. It tries to avoid potential problems with existing codecs and even fixes some problems.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* There are different packages. From small to extra-large.
There are three versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: Basic, Standard and Full.
Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the two most popular and widespread formats, DivX and XviD. It is small enough to fit on a single floppy. Also great for including on your movie cds.
Standard contains everything you need to play all the most commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
Full contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings.
There also is a Mega version. It includes everything that the Full version has, plus some extra things, like support for QuickTime and RealMedia files.
Below is the offical change log for version 1.67:
- Updated ffdshow to revision 1004
- Updated QuickTime components to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated Haali Media Splitter to version 184.108.40.206
- Added Haali MPEG PS splitter
- Minor changes
You may download K-Lite Codec Pack here