This is the version history page for PopCorn MKV AudioConverter, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 1.88.03 (Aug 1, 2018)
- Version 1.88.02 (Jul 9, 2018)
- Version 1.88.01 (Jan 21, 2018)
- Version 1.88 (Dec 24, 2017)
- Version 1.87.77 (Dec 28, 2016)
- Version 1.87.76 (Jan 10, 2016)
- Version 1.87.75 (Sep 28, 2015)
- Version 1.87.73 (May 26, 2013)
- Version 1.87.71 (Mar 17, 2013)
- Version 1.87.7 (Mar 4, 2013)
- Version 1.87.6 (Dec 4, 2012)
- Version 1.87.4 (Aug 24, 2012)
- Version 1.87.3 (Jul 21, 2012)
- Version 1.87.2 (Apr 16, 2012)
- Version 1.87.1 (Apr 14, 2012)
- Version 1.87.0 (Apr 7, 2012)
- Version 1.86.0 (Mar 5, 2012)
- Version 1.85.1 (Jan 8, 2012)
- Version 1.85.0 (Dec 25, 2011)
- Version 1.84.0 (Feb 6, 2011)
- Release Date: Aug 1, 2018
- Stereo downmix AAC -> AC3: Didn't instruct eac3to to downmix multi-channel to stereo.
- Stereo downmix Simple Audio Conversion: Misspelled -DownDpl switch of eac3to as -DownEpl which meant that eac3to didn't understand what I was trying to tell it.
- Release Date: Jul 9, 2018
- FLAC conversion: Conversion of FLAC audio tracks didn't work (wrong track number sent to eac3to utility) - fixed.
- MKV Tools: Updated parser to handle changed output from MKV Tools v24 (and possibly earlier versions with changed output as well)
- Release Date: Jan 21, 2018
- Quick Conversion tool: Conversion of DTS audio tracks didn't work - fixed.
- Quick Conversion tool: Several new conversion options (hold mouse over the various options to see popup tool tip with explanation of the option)
- Release Date: Dec 24, 2017
- Quick Conversion tool: There is now a quick conversion tool available for conversion of some specific audio formats (Dolby Digital Plus/E-AC3, TrueHD and DTS) to FLAC/AC3/AAC format. See this post for details. This function requires (has only been tested with) at least v3.34 of eac3to to work.
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2016
- H265/HEVC support: Fixed: MKV files containing H265/HEVC video track can now be converted (previus version gave Unsupported Video Codec: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC error).
- Release Date: Jan 10, 2016
- Volume adjustment: Fixed: If one of the channels (the LFE/Sub-Woofer channel, f.ex.) didn't contain any data (was silent) for the entire file, AudioConverter would be unable to apply volume adjustment.
- Release Date: Sep 28, 2015
- DTS-HD: Fixed: Better handling of DTS-HD audio format with more than 5.1 channels
- Release Date: May 26, 2013
- AAC/SBR: Fixed: A change in the way that the MKV tools report an AAC/SBR audio track lead to AudioConverter not recognizing a track as such.
- Release Date: Mar 17, 2013
- Temp directory: Performing an extraction across a date boundary would lead to AudioConverter not being able to find extracted file(s), due to adding date specification to specified temporary directory location (this makes it possible for AudioConverter to automatically clean up old temporary files, if any are left over by accident).
- Release Date: Mar 4, 2013
- Temp directory: Specifying "same as source" or "same as target" when the file specified there doesn't exist would result in an infinite loop, ending in a crash.
- TrueHD conversion: Selecting "Convert to Dolby Digital" would not allow you to specify how the conversion should be done. Fixed.
- Build events: Explanatory text now given for the two build events.
- Release Date: Dec 4, 2012
- Explorer Context Menu: New button to create a "Convert Audio Tracks" Explorer Context menu for .MKV files. Side effect if this is also that "Open With"->"AudioConverter" should now work.
- Release Date: Aug 24, 2012
- AAC/SBR conversion was broken after the great Matroska Track Number mess. Fixed.
- Release Date: Jul 21, 2012
- exFAT drives no longer considered as FAT32 drives (with regards to max file size being 4 Gb).
- Release Date: Apr 16, 2012
- Drag'n'Drop adjusted to be more useful.
- French (and other languages) now supported for MkvMerge configuration (AudioConverter overrides regional settings and instructs the tools to output in English when run from within AudioConverter.
- Release Date: Apr 14, 2012
- Drag'n'Drop completely rewritten to be more useful.
"Use setting from DTS tab" now implemented on the VORBIS, AAC and FLAC tabs.
- Release Date: Apr 7, 2012
- MKV Tools v5.30 now included in tools package.
- Header Compression would be ON for preserved DTS tracks. Fixed.
- Release Date: Mar 5, 2012
- MKV Tools later than v5.21 (ie. v5.30 and on) are now supported.
- New option. Options->Cut Sample now extracts a 5 min sample from a file that is at least 12 min long. Use this to extract a simple file when I ask you to do so and verify that the problem you are having is reproducible on this sample. Then you can forward this sample to me so that I can investigate further.
- Release Date: Jan 8, 2012
- MKV Tools up to (and including the "fixed") v5.21 is now supported. Please note, that the support for v5.21 and on is experimental and I haven't been able to test all combinations of audio tracks and conversions, so if you are using any of the newer versions of MKV Tools, you should beware that it may produce incorrect output. Use at your own risk. If you encouter re-muxing problem (ie. tracks that disappear or wrong tracks processed/converted/copied to output file) and you are using MKV Tools v5.21 or later, please report your problems in the support forum: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=20887. REMEMBER to have a small sample file ready that reproduces the problem. If you do not, all I'll do is ask for it.
- Alternate output file name. Specifying an alternate output file name using the internal file selector didn't work (it always used the original file's file name). Fixed.
- Release Date: Dec 25, 2011
- MKV Tools up to (and including the buggy) v5.2 is now supported. Please note, that there is a confirmed bug in v5.2.0 that I have tried to work around, but if you are using this version you should beware that it may produce incorrect output. Use at your own risk.
- Dolby TrueHD can now be converted to either Dolby Digital or FLAC format. Please note, that this conversion requires at least eac3to version 3.24 and if you attempt to enable it (on the TrueHD conversion tab) and don't have the program pointing to a compatible version, you'll be warned about it and given the option to reconsider your ill-advised attempt. You can try to use the menu Options->Download external utilities to download the updated utility pack (containing MKV Merge 5.0 and eac3to 3.24), or you can download the utility manually.
- Unattended mode has a new command line option: [/TrueHD-] which disables conversion of Dolby TrueHD tracks.
- Directory Prompt now has an additional button that can scan for files containing Dolby TrueHD tracks.
- Uninstall now possible using the File->Clear Setup menu option (it deletes the registry information for the program and terminates - it doesn't delete the program itself). Can be used to reset the settings back to "factory defaults".
- Release Date: Feb 6, 2011
- E-AC3 (Dolby Digital Plus) tracks can now be down-converted to ordinary AC3 (Dolby Digital 5.1) tracks via the "Re-sample AC3 audio tracks" menu option.