Easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264
With StaxRip you can easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264. As a open source application StaxRip is completely free.
- No spyware, adware or any other form of malware.
- Open Source, Freeware.
- No registry bloat, settings are saved in files within the application's directory or within the user directory. No lost settings after a fresh windows installation.
- No awkward setup/installer, no system changes, system bloat and trash.
- Easy to use and highly versatile and customizable.
- Reasonable default values for filters, codecs etc.
- Rich help system including, online help (assistant), context sensitive help and forum support.
- Rich and convenient cutting facilities e.g. to remove ads.
- Batch processing (jobs).
- Rich feature set to manage, integrate and download required third party application transparently instead of awkward or dangerous codec packs or application packs.
- AviSynth powered to achieve excelent video quality and support of almost any source format.
- Rapid development using the latest and greatest technology .NET Framework 2.0
- Reportet bugs get fixed quickly, often a new version is available on the same day!
- Many feature requests get incorporated very quickly.
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, DVB (Digital TV, HDTV, Satellite)
, DVD Conversion
, DVD/SVCD/VCD (MPEG-1/2)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- MKV Files
- Video Encoders -> MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, WMV, QuickTime, AVC, VC-1, H.264 ...) Encoders
Input Files: DVB, DVD, MPG
Output Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, DivX, H.264, MKV, MP3, MP4, OGG/OGM, Xvid
Windows 2000/Windows XP
| H.264 Encoding using StaxRip
Description: A guide on how to use StaxRip to encode video, with an emphasis on the H.264 format using a DVD to H.264 conversion as an example
| x264 Options Explained
Description: This article explains the encoding options found in x264 (as seen through the eyes of StaxRip), with hints and tips about which settings to use
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Jun 18, 2020
- Processing dialog fix for new Stop After Current Job feature.
- Web URL is included in the search of the Apps dialog.
- Numerous bugs fixed.
- The Processing dialog has a new feature: Stop After Current Job.
- D2V Witch added and enabled by default for VOB/MPG.
- Command line for some processes like ffmsindex wasn't shown while processing.
- Render, scaling and layout fixes and improvements, especially for 96 DPI.
- PowerShell script host supports events, script examples use events, better error handling.
- Improved Log File Viewer (Main Menu > Tools > Log File).
- Tip: The Log File Viewer has a context menu.
- The Preview dialog can be resized with the mouse.
- Support for character # in filenames because MP4Box was finally fixed.
- Various dialogs made resizable and remember their size.
- Maximum number of parallel processes increased from 4 to 16.
- The documentation was greatly improved (still far from perfect though).
- Muxer dialog supports Drag & Drop for subtitles, audio and attachments.
- Video Comparison has hardware render support added.
- aomenc.exe GUI re-enabled.
- Dark color theme for built-in help.
- Improved built-in F1 help.
- ffmpeg video encoder codec FFV1.
- x264 and x265 dialogs have a new Bitrate option, the default value is 0 which
- means the bitrate of the project/template in the main dialog is used.
- For file batch jobs only the file name is shown in the jobs dialog and not the full path.
- Audio encoder supports extracting DTS core using ffmpeg.
- The audio Copy/Mux profile has a Extract DTS Core feature.
- The command line audio encoder has a Default and Forced option.
- New chunk encoding feature for x265 parallel processing.
- Media info dialog replaced with MediaInfo.NET.
- The command line video and audio encoder uses cmd.exe directly without creating a bat file,
- this avoids creating a temporary bat file and adds full unicode support.
- Portable support added, no need to install anything.
- Setting to allow to use tools with wrong version,
- for this a Danger Zone tab was added in the settings.
- The auto crop feature shows progress both in the processing dialog and in the crop dialog.
- Improved issue templates on the github issue tracker.
- The ExecuteCommandLine command has a new Working Directory parameter.
- The launch button in the Apps dialog for a console tool shows its help via Windows Terminal
- Windows Terminal available in the main menu with special StaxRip environment (apps and macros).
- The video encoder dialog feature Show Command Line is shown using Windows Terminal.
- Execute Command Line in video encoder dialogs is shown via Windows Terminal.
- In the Apps dialog the tools can be listed using PowerShell Out-GridView.
- Shell Execute flag was added to the command ExecuteCommandLine.
- The global setting 'Add filter to convert chroma subsampling to 4:2:0'
- uses now ConvertToYUV420 instead of ConverttoYV12.
- In various command line features the path environment variable of the process has all exe tools
- added and all macros are available as environment variables.
- Check added that blocks source files with too long path or filename.
- A setting that allows to change the limit exists in the Danger Zone section.
- SVT-AV1 support with GUI.
- Media info folder view was replaced with a new powershell based (Get-MediaInfo)
- dialog that supports caching for fast startup perforance.
- When a Event Command executes it writes a log entry, this is now disabled by default
- but there is a new setting: 'Write Event Commands to log file'.
- In the Jobs dialog there is a button that shows a menu, this menu can now also be shown
- as context menu via right-click on the jobs list and it has various new features.
- The Apps dialog allows to clear custom paths.
- The Apps dialog allows to locate files via Everything.
- Check for Updates added to main menu in Help section.
- Version is shown in main dialog title bar.
- 'Main Menu > Help > Info' shows list with contributors.