Easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264
With StaxRip you can easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264. As a open source application StaxRip is completely free.
- No spyware, adware or any other form of malware.
- Open Source, Freeware.
- No registry bloat, settings are saved in files within the application's directory or within the user directory. No lost settings after a fresh windows installation.
- No awkward setup/installer, no system changes, system bloat and trash.
- Easy to use and highly versatile and customizable.
- Reasonable default values for filters, codecs etc.
- Rich help system including, online help (assistant), context sensitive help and forum support.
- Rich and convenient cutting facilities e.g. to remove ads.
- Batch processing (jobs).
- Rich feature set to manage, integrate and download required third party application transparently instead of awkward or dangerous codec packs or application packs.
- AviSynth powered to achieve excelent video quality and support of almost any source format.
- Rapid development using the latest and greatest technology .NET Framework 2.0
- Reportet bugs get fixed quickly, often a new version is available on the same day!
- Many feature requests get incorporated very quickly.
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, DVB (Digital TV, HDTV, Satellite)
, DVD Conversion
, DVD/SVCD/VCD (MPEG-1/2)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- MKV Files
- Video Encoders -> MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, WMV, QuickTime, AVC, VC-1, H.264 ...) Encoders
Input Files: DVB, DVD, MPG
Output Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, DivX, H.264, MKV, MP3, MP4, OGG/OGM, Xvid
Windows 2000/Windows XP
| H.264 Encoding using StaxRip
Description: A guide on how to use StaxRip to encode video, with an emphasis on the H.264 format using a DVD to H.264 conversion as an example
| x264 Options Explained
Description: This article explains the encoding options found in x264 (as seen through the eyes of StaxRip), with hints and tips about which settings to use
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Oct 27, 2018
- Tweaked the Temp Folder Creator & Path.
- Removed some old Code, That wasn't doing anything anymore.
- AVSMeter has Been Updated to 2.8.6.
- Updated eac3to, fdkaac & qaac.
- Both FFMPEG and MPV now use custom Builds instead of the normal default build(Which Fully Supports VapourSynth).
- FFMPEG & Shared dll Files has been Updated to 20181026
- MPV has been Updated to 20181026
- Added Limited Support for VS in MPV(Requires VSPipe).
- nnedi3 for AVS has Been Updated to 0.9.4
- FFMPEG, x264, x265 & MPV are now compiled Using GCC ToolChain instead of MVS.
- x264 has Been Updated to 2935
- x265 has Been Updated to 2.9+2
- Python Search Path has been Updated to 3.7/3.7.1 & Python 3.6 has been Removed.
- Also Included Support for Anaconda3.
- The VapourSynth Script has been slightly altered to work better with Python Search Path.
- VS has been Updated to R45.
- MKVToolNix Updated to 126.96.36.199
- Updated the Update Script to Support additional HTML Protocols, due to the changes on the website.
- Added hnwvsfunc for VS & mClean to Context Menu.
- Cleaned up the AVS Filter Names.
- Added MultiSharpen Function
- Modified the Profile List for x265, Only Profiles that work with Current Selected Depth with Display.
- Removed any 8Bit x265 that no Longer used with 2.9(Based on: https://x265.readthedocs.io).
- Moved Some Extra Functions to the System Process.
- Custom Directory Output Option has been Added to StaxRip Thumbnail Creator & MTN. It's Default Directory is the last Used Location. If none is known it defaults to C Drive(Fresh Install)
- Added support for Long Path Aware(Make Sure to Enable it If your OS Supports it)
- Fixed any Issues for very Short filenames being converted to wrong type.
- Removed MediaInfo 18.08.1 Due to Bugs it contains and Re-Added MediaInfo 18.05.
- Added More Support for HDR to Intel Encoder.
- VS Filters Added: W3FDIF, MiniDeen, IT, TDeintMod, vcfreq, vcmove & TemporalMedian.
- Updated mvtools-sf to AVX, The latest Builds only use AVX2 which not all CPU's Support.
- Added Support for RawSourcePlus for Avisynth and RawSource for VapourSynth. Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010).
- Dual Package Setup for x264 have been Removed for Single release x264(8+10Bit). The Depth menu will set the Output Bits, exactly like x265.
- Following Have Been Added to x264:
- ColorMatrix: Added chroma-derived-nc, chroma-derived-c, and ICtCp.
- Added Alternative Transfer
- vbv-init has been modded to have a locked value and proper float point scaling.
- FFTW Files will auto copy to System Directory, if your PC is missing these files in the System32 Folder(Fresh Install).
- MP4Box is back to Static Once again.
- Included Setup files for Python 3.7.1 & VS R45 to make sure the proper versions are being installed for StaxRip.