Easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264
With StaxRip you can easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264. As a open source application StaxRip is completely free.
- No spyware, adware or any other form of malware.
- Open Source, Freeware.
- No registry bloat, settings are saved in files within the application's directory or within the user directory. No lost settings after a fresh windows installation.
- No awkward setup/installer, no system changes, system bloat and trash.
- Easy to use and highly versatile and customizable.
- Reasonable default values for filters, codecs etc.
- Rich help system including, online help (assistant), context sensitive help and forum support.
- Rich and convenient cutting facilities e.g. to remove ads.
- Batch processing (jobs).
- Rich feature set to manage, integrate and download required third party application transparently instead of awkward or dangerous codec packs or application packs.
- AviSynth powered to achieve excelent video quality and support of almost any source format.
- Rapid development using the latest and greatest technology .NET Framework 2.0
- Reportet bugs get fixed quickly, often a new version is available on the same day!
- Many feature requests get incorporated very quickly.
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, DVB (Digital TV, HDTV, Satellite)
, DVD Conversion
, DVD/SVCD/VCD (MPEG-1/2)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- MKV Files
- Video Encoders -> MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, WMV, QuickTime, AVC, VC-1, H.264 ...) Encoders
Input Files: DVB, DVD, MPG
Output Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, DivX, H.264, MKV, MP3, MP4, OGG/OGM, Xvid
Windows 2000/Windows XP
| H.264 Encoding using StaxRip
Description: A guide on how to use StaxRip to encode video, with an emphasis on the H.264 format using a DVD to H.264 conversion as an example
| x264 Options Explained
Description: This article explains the encoding options found in x264 (as seen through the eyes of StaxRip), with hints and tips about which settings to use
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Dec 13, 2016
- LSFmod added for both AviSynth and VapourSynth, to create the LSFmod default filter profile go to: 'Filters > Profiles > Restore Defaults > OK' or alternatively: 'Tools > Advanced > Reset Setting > AviSynth/VapourSynth Filter Profiles > OK'
- added new commands SetTargetFile and LoadSourceFile
- added setting to define the minimum required disk space and added Continue and Abort option to the message box
- VCEEncC (AMD H.264 encoder) switches added
- SMDegrain added, to create the SMDegrain default filter profile go to: 'Filters > Profiles > Restore Defaults > OK' or alternatively: 'Tools > Advanced > Reset Setting > AviSynth Filter Profiles > OK'
- some x265 changes
- nnedi3 added to VapourSynth, to create the nnedi3 default filter profile go to: 'Filters > Profiles > Restore Defaults > OK' or alternatively: 'Tools > Advanced > Reset Setting > VapourSynth Filter Profiles > OK'
- added setting to reverse mouse wheel video seek direction
- context menu to copy added to media info dialog
- fixed C# scripting not working on Windows 7
- fixed bug in audio detection when using a network drive as temp folder
- fixed crash in processing dialog
- fixed bug with automatic generation of audio profile names
- fixed video comparison overwriting the log file
- fixed codepage problem of non western europe locales
- replaced ffmpeg with avs2pipemod for piping to x265 due to a character encoding bug with file names happening on non western locale systems
- fixed various DPI scaling issues
- improved audio detection using numeric order instead of alphanumeric order
- license changed to MIT
- LSFmod 1.9
- havsfunc 23
- aWarpSharp2 2016-06-24
- VCEEncC 2.0
- nnedi3 (avs) 0.9.4.31
- VC++ Runtime 2015
- ffms2 2.23
- qaac 2.61
- avs2pipemod 1.1.1
- MediaInfo 0.7.89
- L-Smash-Works (avs/vs) 911
- yadifmod2 (avs) 0.0.4-1
- KNLMeansCL (avs/vs) 0.7.7
- nnedi3 (vs) 10
- x264 2721
- ffmpeg 3.1.5
- mvtools2 (avs) 18.104.22.168
- MP4Box 0.6.2 current snapshot
- finesharp (vs) 2016-08-21
- havsfunc (vs) 24
- mvtools (vs) 17
- AviSynth+ 2294
- VapourSynth 35
- x265 2.1+69
- MKVToolNix 9.6.0
- NVEncC 3.02
- QSVEncC 2.59