Easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264
With StaxRip you can easily convert your DVD's, DVB captures and many more formats into MPEG-4 like DivX, XviD and x264. As a open source application StaxRip is completely free.
- No spyware, adware or any other form of malware.
- Open Source, Freeware.
- No registry bloat, settings are saved in files within the application's directory or within the user directory. No lost settings after a fresh windows installation.
- No awkward setup/installer, no system changes, system bloat and trash.
- Easy to use and highly versatile and customizable.
- Reasonable default values for filters, codecs etc.
- Rich help system including, online help (assistant), context sensitive help and forum support.
- Rich and convenient cutting facilities e.g. to remove ads.
- Batch processing (jobs).
- Rich feature set to manage, integrate and download required third party application transparently instead of awkward or dangerous codec packs or application packs.
- AviSynth powered to achieve excelent video quality and support of almost any source format.
- Rapid development using the latest and greatest technology .NET Framework 2.0
- Reportet bugs get fixed quickly, often a new version is available on the same day!
- Many feature requests get incorporated very quickly.
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, DVB (Digital TV, HDTV, Satellite)
, DVD Conversion
, DVD/SVCD/VCD (MPEG-1/2)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVB (DTV, HDTV, Satellite) To Other Format Conversion -> DVB To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To AVI (DivX, XviD ...) Conversion
- DVD Conversion -> DVD To MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Conversion
- MKV Files
- Video Encoders -> MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, WMV, QuickTime, AVC, VC-1, H.264 ...) Encoders
Input Files: DVB, DVD, MPG
Output Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, DivX, H.264, MKV, MP3, MP4, OGG/OGM, Xvid
Windows 2000/Windows XP
| H.264 Encoding using StaxRip
Description: A guide on how to use StaxRip to encode video, with an emphasis on the H.264 format using a DVD to H.264 conversion as an example
| x264 Options Explained
Description: This article explains the encoding options found in x264 (as seen through the eyes of StaxRip), with hints and tips about which settings to use
Version 22.214.171.124 Beta
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Sep 14, 2019
- nvenc switch --avhw updated (Patman86), --sub-source added
- qsvenc switches added: --data-copy, --adapt-ltr
- progress display support added for DGIndexNV, MP4Box and ffmpeg audio encoding
- L-Smash Works parameters prefer_hw and format have menu support in the avs/vs code editor
- the container/muxer dialog has a new tab for MKV attachments
- fix: a format exception was fixed, it was happening when the cut/trim feature was used
- update: nvenc 4.47
- update: L-Smash Works 2019-09-10 HolyWu
- update: MediaInfo 19.09
- update: mpv.net 126.96.36.199