Download Media Player Classic, a multimedia player capable of playing DivX movies
A multimedia player with a similar interface to Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many more features specific for DivX playback.
A "HomeCinema" edition of MPC is also available with some additional features:
Playing back .MP4 H.264 encoded movies:
- Anti tearing option
- Jitter tests - In VMR9 renderless and EVR custom pres. mode it's possible to display a jitter curve using "Ctrl+J" shortcut. This curve show difference between the moment one frame was expected to be displayed, and the moment it was really displayed.
- Subtiles synchronisation
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- OSD (On Screen Display) - When video output is VMR9 or EVR, MPC can displays some informations on screen (remaining time, volume, audio track, subtitle, …).
This software has the following sub editions:
Media Player Classic
- Media Player Classic HomeCinema Edition <==
Input Files: ASF, AVI, DVD, MPG, RM/RMVB, VOB, WMV
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
| H.264 Playback Guide
Description: A guide on how to play back H.264 files (MP4 + AAC), including a look at software including ffdshow, CoreAVC, Nero ShowTime
| MP4 Usage Guide
Description: This guide provides information and tips for some of the things you might need to do with your MP4 file, like playback, conversion (to and from), splitting/joining, mux/demux and more.
| How to Watch or Preview DVD Files on your Hard Drive
Description: Short guide on how to watch DVD files that are on your hard drive. This guide can also be used to preview the files before actually burning them to a disc.
| Is your computer fast enough for high definition DVD playback?
Description: A guide which let you know if your computer is fast enough to play back high definition DVDs
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Mar 23, 2019
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1
- Potential crash when removing shader cache files