BD Rebuilder is a Blu-ray disc re-encoder and re-authoring package. From the same programmer as DVD Rebuilder, the current (early beta) version of BD Rebuilder allows you to re-encode Blu-ray movies and rebuild their navigational/content structure, just like how DVD Rebuilder works with DVDs.
As this software is still in the beta testing stages, there will be bugs present and all bugs should be reported to this forum thread.
The official change log for version 0.36.03 Beta is as follows:
- Added code to assert the "fake-interlaced" switch in X264 when encoding interlaced sources when the "Use DECOMB filter..." SETUP option has been selected.This can improve encode quality.
- Added a new routine that does an extended scan prior to encoding MPEG-2 480i sources to detect hybrid video characteristics.This should clearup any remaining reports of audio sync problemson certain MPEG-2 sources.
- Updated the MKV ALTERNATE support so that audio can be reencoded to DD5.1 (prior to this release all audio was stereo).In order to activate you must set the bitrate in ALTERNATE.TXT to 384Kbs or higher (with audio type set to AC3).Two new examples have been included.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the latest release (r1788).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
You may download the updated version here.