TMPGEnc came from Tsunami MPEGEncoder.
TMPGEnc converts *.AVI file to MPEG1, the format which is used in VideoCD. Using variety of option in TMPGEnc, you can compress your video file in high quality.
TMPGEnc enables us adjust bitrate, quantize matrix, GOP structure, Interlace and many other parameter so that you can create most appropriate movie file depends on your purpose.
The retail box edition comes with installation CD, hard-copy manual and 12 months online support included. The TMPGEnc Plus edition has unlimited MPEG-2 encoding, improved 2-pass VBR encoding and higher bitrate settings offered in addition to all the features and facilities of the freeware TMPGEnc.
TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress is a High quality MPEG-1/2 encoder software based on the famous "TMPGEnc Plus 2.5" and completely reworked to offer beginner and advanced users, the ease of work and quality that can be expected from a modern software. TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress natively supports source files in MPEG-1/2 format, unprotected DVD-Video VOB, Windows Media Video?, uncompressed AVI and QuickTime? files.
Furthermore, the code has been optimized to take advantage of the Intel? Prescott? SSE-3 acceleration to output MPEG files with higher performance and without losing quality. Output format is no more limited to MPEG,
TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress offers native interface for Windows Media Video? and also a Pegasys brewed eXtended DVD format pushing the DVD-Video standard to its limits.
For your TMPGEnc questions, please refers to our TMPGEnc Forum
, and let our resident experts answer them for you.
The official change log for version 188.8.131.52 is as follows:
- Added Optimized for Intel's Core™2 Extreme QX9650 processor and Xeon 5400 family of processors.
- Added SSE4 routines optimization.
- Added New text align option in the subtitle layout editor.
- Fixed An Invalid Index error could occur in the Slideshow editor after adding a clip.
- Fixed Freeze could occur at new clip creation when adding more than 200 pictures in the slideshow.
- Fixed Clip reference could be lost during a picture addition in the slideshow, preventing a clip from being accessed for editing.
- Fixed Help link corrected within the application.
- Fixed Some specific QuickTime file format's framerate could not be retreived.
- Fixed Cancelled clip importation from a project would not be removed from a project when such clip could not be found at project loading.
- Fixed In HDV output mode, 1720x480/29.97 fps output setting would in fact outputs at 59.94 fps, resulting in an error.
- Fixed 4096 bytes of data could disappear during the MPEG tool output.
- Fixed Non-outputted project's thumbnail in the batch encode tool would not update when resizing the tool window.
- Fixed Could not open wave files bigger than 2 GB.
- Fixed When erasing a layout in the subtitle editor, subtitles using a higher ID number would become invalid.
You may download this updated version here