Survey Revealed More Than They Wanted To Know
BestBuy recently did a survey about high definition products and what your average consumer knows about it, the results were umm intriguing to say the least
I really think BestBuy was expecting better results from this survey. It would appear that the majority of consumers are clueless about HD and how its setup.
Here are the results:
- Four in 10 people did not identify an HDTV as necessary to enjoy high-def content
- 44% of respondents did not know they needed HD programming or an HD antenna, while 52% did not know they needed HD cables and 62% did not know they needed a full audio set-up
- More than half of respondents said they had only budgeted for an HDTV, thinking that would be enough to be high-def
- 52% of respondents who already own an HDTV said they would be unwilling to admit their HD set-up was wrong after showing the system to friends
- Only 11% of all consumers said they feel they completely understand high-def, compared to only 19% of HDTV owners
Boy, the consumers are really going to be shocked in 2009 when their analog TV signals are no more.
posted by: Sean F, 14:28 AEDT, Tue December 27, 2005
posted by: Sean F, 15:36 AEDT, Mon December 19, 2005
posted by: Jonathan M, 05:07 AEST, Wed April 18, 2007
posted by: Jonathan M, 09:21 AEST, Sat September 1, 2007
posted by: Sean F, 09:44 AEDT, Fri December 16, 2005