DivX Pro™ provides advanced features and tools designed for discerning videophiles looking to squeeze the highest quality possible from their DivX® video files. DivX Pro offers up to 40% better compression than DivX 5
and includes integrated playback support for all the groundbreaking features of the DivX® Media Format.
DivX 6 introduces the DivX Media Format. DivX Media Format allows you to watch DivX videos (including DivX VOD movies) with advanced interactive features on your PC such as video menus, subtitles and alternate audio tracks.
The DivX Create Bundle also comes with DivX Converter™, allowing you to convert nearly any digital video into a DivX® media file in one easy step with its simple ‘drag and drop’ functionality. The DivX Converter includes an optional MPEG-2/DVD plug-in for an additional fee.
In addition, both bundles include The DivX Player. The DivX Player™ is capable of playing every DivX file ever created, with integrated support for advanced features of the DivX Media Format and special enhancements for high definition (HD) playback, providing the ideal way to enjoy all your DivX videos.
DivX Pro is available to purchase as part of the DivX Create Bundle, and comes with a massive 6 months trial period. DivX Converter comes with a 15-day trial period. Neither are necessary for DivX playback, and if you are not interested in DivX conversion, it is recommended that you download and install the completely free DivX Play Bundle.
DivX Create Bundle:
The DivX Create bundle offers all the tools necessary to create and play DivX videos with groundbreaking interactive features.
DivX Play Bundle:
- Convert nearly any video to a DivX video file
- Create videos with advanced interactive features
- Playback all DivX video files including video-on-demand titles
The DivX Play Bundle gives you everything you need to start watching high-quality DivX videos, including DivX® Video-on-Demand movies. All the tools in DivX Play are also available in DivX Create.
- Playback all DivX video, including DivX® media files
- Add DivX playback support to your existing media player
- Rent and purchase high-quality DivX Video-on-Demand titles
While there is no official change log released for this version, here is the change log for the previous version which was released not to long ago:
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2007
- Fix: Stability of DivX decoder under third-party media players and Windows Explorer
- Fix: Settings in the Decoder Configuration Utility/DivX Settings Manager were not always applied correctly
- Fix: De-interlacing was sometimes enabled when it should not have been
- Fix: The feedback window could crash the encoder when enabled
- Fix: The feedback window could be enabled for Fastest and High Performance modes
- New: For compatibility with applications that do not expect the DirectShow decoder to request the hardware overlay, it is possible to enter application names for which the decoder will not use the hardware overlay in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDivXNetworksDivXExtOverlayExclusions (you may need to create this key). For an example see the SMExclusions key in the same location, which allows the Settings Manager to be disabled on a per-application basis.
You may download this updated version here.