x265 is a free and open source encoding library and application for encoding HEVC/H.265 video files
|Ease of use:
x265 is a free and open source encoding library and application for encoding HEVC/H.265 video files.
- Provides next-generation compression and codec.
- Fast and excellent quality.
- Completly free and libre software, ensuring freedom for everyone.
- The APIs are similar to x264 APIs
- Full prediction and transform quad-tree recursion supported
- Adaptive B-frame placement
- B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
- CABAC entropy coding
- Intra: all block types (32x32, 16x16, 8x8, 4x4, and PCM with all predictions)
- Inter P: all partitions (from 64x64 down to 8x4)
- Inter B: partitions from 64x64 down to 8x4 (including all merge modes
- Weighted prediction for P slices
- Multiple reference frames
- Ratecontrol: constant quantizer, constant quality, single pass ABR, optional VBV
- Scenecut detection
- Parallel encoding on multiple CPUs, both frame-level and wavefront parallelism
Linux/Unix/Mac OS/Win32 Command Line/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Sep 27, 2019
- 3-level hierarchical motion estimation using --hme and --hme-search.
- New AQ mode (--aq-mode 4) with variance and edge information.
- selective-sao to selectively enable SAO at slice level.
- Enhancements to existing features
- New implementation of --refine-mv with 3 refinement levels.
- Encoder enhancements
- Improved quality in the frames following dark scenes in ABR mode.
- API changes
- Additions to x265_param structure to support the newly added features --hme, --hme-search and selective-sao.
- Fixed encoder crash with --zonefile during failures in encoder_open().
- Fixed JSON11 build errors with HDR10+ on MacOS high sierra.
- Signalling out of range scaling list data fixed.
- Inconsistent output fix for 2-pass rate-control with cutree ON.
- Build dependency on changeset cf37911 of SVT-HEVC.
Rate this software:
You have not voted yet!
Total Ratings: 7