This is the version history page for MemoriesOnTV Home, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 4.1.2 (Oct 22, 2009)
- Version 4.1.1 (Oct 16, 2008)
- Version 4.1.0 (Jul 14, 2008)
- Version 4.0.4 (Mar 15, 2008)
- Version 4.0.3 (Jan 22, 2008)
- Version 4.0.2 (Jan 1, 2008)
- Version 4.0.1 (Dec 19, 2007)
- Version 4.0.0 (Dec 10, 2007)
- Version 3.1.8 (Jan 19, 2007)
- Version 3.1.7 (Nov 25, 2006)
- Version 3.1.6 (Nov 7, 2006)
- Version 3.1.5 (Oct 27, 2006)
- Version 3.1.4 (Oct 6, 2006)
- Version 3.1.3 (Sep 29, 2006)
- Version 3.1.2 (Sep 20, 2006)
- Version 3.1.1 (Sep 5, 2006)
- Version 3.1.0 (Aug 30, 2006)
- Version 3.0.3 (May 14, 2006)
- Version 3.0.2 (Apr 21, 2006)
- Version 3.0.1 (Apr 7, 2006)
- Release Date: Oct 22, 2009
- Support for Windows 7.
- Output file extension wasn't checked when path is keyed manually for MultiPicture Slide. Fixed.
- Release Date: Oct 16, 2008
- Deletion of tracks may cause project file to be corrupted in some instances. Fixed.
- Fixed a sizing and positioning bug for the watermark feature.
- Release Date: Jul 14, 2008
- Integrated YouTube upload.
- Integrated Picasa import. You can now export to MemoriesOnTV from Picasa.
- Fixed audio mixing bug that causes missing mixed audio in rare cases.
- Workaround Vista bug that causes annoying beep on list item selection, when Windows sound scheme is modified.
- Release Date: Mar 15, 2008
- Fixed an issue with customizing album thumbnails for those cases where track menus are not created.
- Project size estimation was way off when a video file larger than 4GB is imported. Fixed it.
- Miscellaneous fixes to support language packs, especially that for the Italian pack.
- Release Date: Jan 22, 2008
- Importing from multi-album projects didn't work. Fixed.
- The trim and fading states for audio file attached to individual slides wasn't saved. Fixed.
- Release Date: Jan 1, 2008
- "Detect face and pan to each one" hangs on some European Windows, due to it not using DOT as the decimal character. Fixed.
- Face detection in EFFECTS panel crashes on some WinXP setup. Fixed.
- Release Date: Dec 19, 2007
- Bug fixes:
- Timeline view is corrupted when window resizes. Fixed.
- EVALUATION COPY watermark isn't removed when cache video generation is enabled. Fixed.
- Auto-Sync of slides with music now takes into consideration the selected video clips.
- "Avoid cropping face" setting in EFFECTS panel is not shown when window size is big. Fixed.
- Timeline view behaves slowly in some instances. Fixed.
- On older archived projects, the menu backgrounds are incorrectly mapped, causing the Preview to show a black screen. Fixed.
- Release Date: Dec 10, 2007
- Added the creation of Motion Menus.
- Ability to mask and overlay photos and video clips with shapes and borders.
- Face detection capability in panning/zooming.
- Rendering of shadows.
- Updated burn driver to support more devices and 64-bit Windows.
- Support extension of ClipShows (able to add more photos).
- Support for WMA audio files.
- Normalization of audio tracks within an album.
- Cached video generation.
- Subtitle previewing.
- Flash player improvements for web output(fullscreen support).
- Optimization for new CPUs.
- Ability to export multiple albums (web + mpg/avi).
- Drag & Drop: Added SHIFT drop in IMPORT to drop pictures into desired position.
- Text outline improvements.
- Release Date: Jan 19, 2007
- Grayscale JPEG images can crash the optimized JPEG decoder when they are imported. This is now fixed for good.
- Accented characters in EXIF description isn't shown correctly. Fixed.
- Tweaks for Italian translation.
- Release Date: Nov 25, 2006
- Fixed a bug which caused VCD/SVCD generation to crash when menu bottons were out of bounds.
- Fixed an audio bug involving silence in the background music.
- Removed an EXIF reading code that caused crashes when pictures taken by some cameras (particularly Olympus ones) were used.
- Release Date: Nov 7, 2006
- PTV files doesn't launch MemoriesOnTV when double-clicked.
- Fixed an EXIF crashing bug that affects some pictures from certain Canon digital cameras.
- Music resampling crashes the program in some circumstances. Fixed it.
- Release Date: Oct 27, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a rounding-off error in the resampling code that caused audio to become silent in some show segments.
- Some DirectShow filters were reporting erroneous timing and frame information, causing video clips to not show up. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug that prevents silence duration from being edited, and music auto-trim to fail on non-English Windows.
- On startup, automatically checks to see if there is a newer version availale for download.
- Release Date: Oct 6, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Slideshow with subtitles take a long time to generate, due to the incorrect way in which the subtitle encoder was hooked up. This is now fixed.
- TMpgEnc custom template files were prompted with a file dialog with the wrong file extension. Fixed.
- Archived project ZIP files now respect the original files casing, instead of renaming all files to lowercase.
- Release Date: Sep 29, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused a runaway thumbnail thread under some circumstances, which slowed the video generation to a crawl.
- TMPGEnc was crashing on some setup. Fixed this.
- Fixed a bug which caused auto-enhancing to crash on some pictures.
- EXIF information is read correctly now.
- The names of the transitions can be localized now.
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a crashing bug that caused the Disc Menu to crash when it was activated at a certain resolution.
- ClipShow Editor stopped working after stock picture positions were swapped. Fixed as well.
- Combo-box value wasn't reset in the Picture/Video Settings window under some circumstances.
- Program reverts back to using DirectShow filters installed on the system for Mpeg files with unsupported audio formats.
- Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
- "Unspecified Error" when importing JPEG files with bad EXIF date. Fixed.
- Memory is leaking during preview & video generation. This causes "Out of Memory" errors or crashes for bigger project. Fixed.
- Auto-Enhance & Brightness/Contrast controls aren't behaving correctly. In some cases, Auto-Enhance will lead to a crash as well. Fixed.
- "Create Slides from ClipShow" button causes freezes on some setup. Fixed.
- Copy/Paste of music files from different albums is broken. Fixed.
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Coloration artifact in Blur Effect fixed.
- Flashing/jittery edges during panning/zooming.
- Crashed when very small pictures (smaller than 96x96) are imported.
- QuickTime scrubbing errors and stuttering issues (QuickTime 7).
- Wrong fonts being displayed in captions.
- Menu shows wrong album label when albums are removed.
- Music/Video duration incorrectly shown when longer than 1 hour.
- Inconsistent settings in Multi-Picture Slide window when pictures are removed.
- Added ClipShow support. Allows creation of slides from pre-built slide sequences. Pro edition allows saving of existing slides to a ClipShow file for future re-use.
- Hook up with TMpgEnc Plus (Pro edition only).
- Text caption support for non-Roman languages added.
- Shows the picture display duration in the "Pictures/Video Settings" window's timeline slider.
- Audio fading for individual songs added.
- Change default text caption timing to picture display duration.
- Added "Reset Picture Effects" to the right-click menu for slides.
- Added button to "Replace Image".
- EXIF date is now used in the main view and text/subtitle panel. EXIF image description field is also added to text/subtitle panels.
- Thumbnails in main window is properly rotated. Presence of audio and text captions are also indicated in the thumbnail view.
- Added vertical scrolling effect to text captions. This is useful for showing end credits.
- New "Add Pause" button in Pan/Zoom control to increase the ease of adding key frame pauses.
- For multi-picture slides, you can now change the total duration without proportionately shifting the individual key frame timings.
- Release Date: May 14, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Crash when WMF (Windows Meta File) images are imported.
- Track Menu PREV/NEXT button links to the wrong menu page when there are preceding albums. Users encountering this should press RESET button in the DISC MENU panel in version 3.0.3 to fix their menu.
- When an existing multi-pictures slide is edited, and the process is cancelled, the state of the multi-pictures slide still retains the cancelled changes.
- Change in custom watermark images isn't reflected immediately in the Timeline preview.
- Menu crashes when text slide thumbnail is resized to a very small size.
- When a track ends with a CPU intensive transition (eg. Polygon), the next track(s) may be skipped during a PLAY ALL preview.
- SAMPLE IMAGES in multi-pictures slide can be double-clicked. This shouldn't be the case.
- In the TEXT caption tab, EDIT and DEL buttons are not disabled when there's no text caption.
- Mask based transition effects show a off-by-one row at the top.
- Timeline/Detail view doesn't show correct image properties after doing a RANDOMIZE slide order.
- Removed restriction on merging single slide into a video clip. This can be useful to create certain visual effects.
- Removed PRO menu items from HOME edition. They're annoying (sorry :P).
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2006
- Bug Fixes:
- Background audio isn't fading out correctly when there's overlapping slide audio (eg. when you have 2 consecutive video slides with audio). Fixed.
- Thumbnail selection does a rectangular area select, instead of selecting a continuous sequence of photos like in the newer Windows Explorer. Fixed.
- Timeline scrolls to slide-1 after making changes, when the first selected slide is off screen. This causes great pain for when editing. Fixed.
- The showing of TV Safe region isn't persistent, and should be turned off when the TEXT tab is not activated. Fixed.
- Music panel now shows the audio file full path as a tooltip.
- "Start selected music and slide" now adds a silence in front, when the first music file is selected.
- The full path of images/videos are now shown in the Picture/Video settings window.
- Added ability to apply text style only to all slides for captions.
- Added M4V file extension to the list of imported videos handled by Quicktime. M4V seems to be a popular (but non-standard) alternative way of naming MP4 files.
- Release Date: Apr 7, 2006
- Archive Project ZIP file is corrupted when it exceeds 2Gb. 64-bit
ZIP format is now used when size exceeds 2Gb
- Background Audio Fade not respecting PREFERENCE setting. Fixed.
- Native Burn driver doesn't erase DVD-RW correctly. Fixed
- User isn't prompted to search for missing files while doing
album imports. Fixed
- In some cases, the 1st music file REPEATS instead of advancing
to the next music file (sampling rate dependent).
- Effects customization in EFFECTS panel is not respected when
applied to slides. Fixed.
- In Audio Manual Trimming window, if the end point is moved
to the end of the audio, trimming is not done. Fixed.
- Text captions timing cannot be edited correctly if decimal
point is not PERIOD character in locale. Fixed.
- Video slide GENERAL tab only shows duration of up to 59
minutes. It now shows the HOUR field when video exceeds 1 hour.
- User receives "TODO2: DlgAudioTrim: error loading" instead of
a valid error message.
- With EffectDissolve.dll installed, last effect is DISSOLVE
instead of FADE when 2.2 project is read into 3.0.