This is the version history page for doubleTwist, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.2.1 (May 2, 2012)
- Version 3.1.3 (Jun 9, 2011)
- Version 3.1.1 (May 21, 2011)
- Version 3.0 (Dec 1, 2010)
- Version 220.127.116.1167 Beta (Jun 2, 2010)
- Version 2.7 Beta (Mar 11, 2010)
- Version 2.6 Beta (Dec 16, 2009)
- Version 2.5 Beta (Nov 9, 2009)
- Version 2.4 Beta (Oct 18, 2009)
- Version 2.3 Beta (Aug 30, 2009)
- Version 2.2 Beta (Jul 10, 2009)
- Version 2.0 Beta (Apr 10, 2009)
- Release Date: May 2, 2012
- Improved device support, including for the HTC One X, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Huawai Honor, HTC Rezound
- Simplified support for dual storage devices
- Improved AirSync connectivity
- Removed the Amazon Music Store
- Preserved original "Date Added" when importing tracks from iTunes
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes
- Release Date: Jun 9, 2011
- Added a menu option to follow doubleTwist on Twitter.
- Fixed support for PSP devices.
- Fixed bug where podcast download preferences were not being honored.
- Various other stability improvements and minor bug fixes.
- Release Date: May 21, 2011
- Improved sync reliability -- both over USB and with AirSync.
- Improved AirSync speed.
- Auto-sync now runs once an hour as well as on initial device connection.
- Improved iTunes track and Playlist import speed, large library support and - other library performance improvements.
- Added ability to import photos from device to desktop.
- Fixed numerous issues related to application start up.
- Fixed issue where iTunes Plus upgrades weren't properly recognized.
- Enabled importing media from iPhones and iPods.
- Added support for the media playback keys (e.g. previous, pause/play, next).
- Improved communication around iTunes Playlist sync impacts on doubleTwist library.
- Many other bug fixes and reliability improvements, including modifying sync preferences, accented character support, sorting, YouTube imports, and Facebook photo uploads.
- As of this release, old PowerPC machines are no longer supported by doubleTwist. Please do not accept this update if you are using an old PowerPC machine. Additionally, if you are an old PowerPC Mac user and need our last supported version, you can download it here: http://download.doubletwist.com/relea... (This would only be applicable to Macs that were purchased roughly 6 years ago or more.)
Version 18.104.22.16867 Beta
- Release Date: Dec 1, 2010
- Wirelessly sync your iTunes playlists, photos and videos with your Android phone using your home Wi-Fi network.
Version 2.7 Beta
- Release Date: Jun 2, 2010
- Upgrade back-end stuff in preparation for our soon to be released Android music player. weWt!!
- Android market for windows. go get those apps.
- Support for the Sony X10
- Tons 'o miscellaneous bug fixes.
Version 2.6 Beta
- Release Date: Mar 11, 2010
- Please refer to this forum post for a list of what's new
Version 2.5 Beta
- Release Date: Dec 16, 2009
- The Amazon Store comes to doubleTwist Windows.
Yep, you can now purchase yummy Amazon music tracks and have them downloaded directly into your doubleTwist library – ready to transfer to your phone or mobile device. That’s pretty sweet and just in time for the holidays.
Read our FAQ on the store and start snagging some Christmas presents for your bad self. You know you deserve it.
- Import iTunes and WMP playlists.
While we automatically import your iTunes and WMP playlists at first launch, this was always a one-time import. No More! Now any changes you make and any new playlists you create in iTunes or WMP can be imported at any time. Go to Edit>Preferences and click on the import playlists button. It’s as easy as that.
- Fixed bugs…..
Fixed connectivity issues with Droid hardware ID recognition. And a ton more behind the scenes little annoyances are now gone.
Version 2.4 Beta
- Release Date: Nov 9, 2009
- When dragging a playlist to a device we now create a playlist on the device in addition to copying the media items
- When audio files are converted for a device, we now copy the album artwork to the new file.
- Improved handling of protected iTunes media (wrniang dialog).
- Support for the new iPod Nano 5G and Motorola Droid.
- Library performance improvements.
Version 2.3 Beta
- Release Date: Oct 18, 2009
- A doubleTwist persistent library!!! while we'll still access your iTunes and/or WMP you can now add folders/directories from anywhere on your system to use as your dT library for syncing and transferring to your device(s).
- doubleTwist playlists!!! yes, you can make playlists right from the doubleTwist library and sync them to your device(s). No more having to go to iTunes to make your daily playlists
- Library search!!! A tremendously quick and powerful search engine now exists which will enable you to find/filter media. If you're like me with an 18,000+ music library this is a gift from the Gods.
- Support for playlists on the Sony PSP and PSP Go. Note that this requires firmware v6.10 on your PSP (use the update function on your PSP).
Version 2.2 Beta
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2009
- A minor release with a few enhancement and improvements. Stay tuned for a much bigger new feature release coming up very soon
- Improved transcoding engine (new media formats, faster)
- Improved thumbnail engine
- Support for additional devices (new= INQ. enhanced = Palm Pre)
Version 2.0 Beta
- Release Date: Jul 10, 2009
- The import from Youtube video download feature now accepts URL's from Daily Motion. So your choice of where to get video for watching offline, storing and/or sending to friends has just expanded.
- Improved video quality for Blackberry and Nokia phones
- Support for new Android devices like the HTC Magic
- Support for the Palm Pre and Archos devices
- Drag and Drop between your device and your Pc
- Support for uploading files to YouTube and Flickr
- Bug fixes: various exception error crashing bugs
- Bug fixes: YouTube video downloader failing to download large videos and featured videos with ads.
- Release Date: Apr 10, 2009