This is the version history page for Collectorz.com Movie Collector For Mac OS X, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 20.1 (Apr 14, 2020)
- Version 20.0.4 (Feb 5, 2020)
- Version 20.0.3 (Jan 15, 2020)
- Version 20.0.2 (Dec 18, 2019)
- Version 20 (Dec 11, 2019)
- Version 19.3 (Oct 10, 2019)
- Version 19.2.4 (Aug 16, 2019)
- Version 19.2.3 (May 17, 2019)
- Version 19.2.2 (Apr 26, 2019)
- Version 19.2 (Apr 25, 2019)
- Version 19.1.3 (Apr 5, 2019)
- Version 19.1.2 (Apr 4, 2019)
- Version 19.1 (Mar 22, 2019)
- Version 19.0.2 (Feb 20, 2019)
- Version 19.0 (Feb 7, 2019)
- Version 18.3.7 (Dec 31, 2018)
- Version 18.3.6 (Nov 1, 2018)
- Version 18.3.5 (Sep 18, 2018)
- Version 18.3.4 (Sep 7, 2018)
- Version 18.3.3 (Aug 16, 2018)
- Release Date: Apr 14, 2020
- Link to Core: changing the search criteria could crash the program
- Add screen: changed the “already in collection” font color in dark skin to be more readable
- Report missing movie to Core wasn’t working correctly
- Main screen: The “Rating” column could not be moved to a different place
- Improved cover scaling for syncing
- Release Date: Feb 5, 2020
Now uses our brand-new CLZ Cloud Sync-server
Previously one big server was handling the Connect website, the CLZ Cloud website AND the CLZ Cloud syncing from the desktop programs and the mobile apps. But this week we have set up a brand-new dedicated Sync-server to handle just the CLZ Cloud syncing.
In today’s update, Movie Collector has been updated to sync through this new server, which should result in faster syncing and a more stable syncing experience during high load times (weekends).
- For some users, the database conversion of version 20.0.3 caused the loss of data in their User Defined Fields. This problem has been resolved now.
If you lost UDF data, please contact us so that we can help you get the data back.
- Release Date: Jan 15, 2020
This update fixes an issue with the sync where it would always re-upload the custom front/back covers if such a movie had any change at all. This resulted in many unneeded re-uploads of custom front/back covers.
Important: After updating to this version:
- the program will run a process to index your custom covers
- all movies with custom front/back covers will re-upload
Both processes might take a while!
- Custom front/back covers were re-uploaded too often
- Quick Search: using arrow buttons and clicking results wasn’t working correctly
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2019
- Printing a list while in dark mode would print a black page
- Release Date: Dec 11, 2019
- Click here for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Oct 10, 2019
As you probably know, macOS Catalina (version 10.15) was released earlier this week. In Catalina, Apple has made two major changes, that will affect all software that you run on your Mac:
- All programs you use need to be 64-bit. No more support for 32-bit applications!
- All programs you download outside the App Store need to be notarized (=approved) by Apple.
Of course, our Movie Collector software has been a 64-bit application since version 18.1 (April 2018). And this week, we got it approved and notarized by Apple too!
So today, we released Movie Collector 19.3, 64-bit and notarized, so fully Catalina compatible!
- Release Date: Aug 16, 2019
- Drag/Drop image would put image in Downloads folder when using “just link to dropped file”
- Fixed a display issue with shelf-view background
- Fixed an issue with importing an XML file
- Release Date: Apr 25, 2019
We’re on a roll! Here’s yet another BIG update of your Movie Collector for Mac software, with 3 important additions!
Add Movies straight from IMDb, using the IMDb Number or URL
Now get “official” IMDb Cast and Crew lists for ALL movies in our Core
Also, new support for 12 digital movie formats, complete with icons and logos
1. Add Movies by IMDb Number or URL
More goodies made possible by our agreement with IMDb! Introduced today, a new “IMDb” tab in the Add Movies screen for finding and adding movies straight from their IMDb Nr or URL.
Can’t find a movie in our Core? But it is on IMDb?
Then just find the movie on IMDb and copy either the IMDb Nr or the entire UMDb URL. Then go to the new IMDb tab and paste the Nr or URL into the search box, and click Search.
The movie entry will then be retrieved from IMDb automatically AND added to our Core, so that you can then immediately Add it to your database!
(Don’t worry, if it turns out the movie WAS already in our Core, it will automatically just return the existing entry, it will never cause duplicate entries in our Core.)
IMPORTANT: this new Add by IMDb feature always requires an active Service Plan!
2. Official IMDb Cast and Crew list for all movies
Starting with this version, the Movie Collector software now downloads the “official” cast and crew from IMDb, that is the top 25 actors and the full list of Producers, Directors, Writers, Photography and Musicians.
Also, the cast list now comes with IMDb links for ALL cast members!
TIP 1: set the Max Actors / Crew members to 25
Go to menu “Movie Collector > Preferences”.
Click on “Data and Images” and select “Download settings for data and images”
Change both the amount of Actors and Crew members to 25
TIP 2: Set Update from Core settings for Cast and Crew to “REPLACE”
If you wish to update your existing movie entries with the maximum amount of cast/crew entries:
First, go to the same screen as above and under “Update from CLZ Core”, next to “Cast” and “Crew” set the dropdown to “REPLACE”.
Then select the movies you want to update, right click, then choose Update from Core.
( After updating, make sure to set setting back to “Update empty fields only”. )
3. New options and icons for digital movie formats
With digital movie formats becoming more popular, we have decided to add the most popular ones to the Format list, all with nice new icons and logos.
Now available as new Format choices:
Amazon Prime Video
Microsoft Movies & TV
- Release Date: Apr 5, 2019
Because the version we released yesterday was built with a new Xcode, the program automatically supported Mojave’s “Dark Mode”. Unfortunately, we all run “Light Mode” here, and we didn’t see that the program looked completely wrong in Dark Mode!
We do plan to support Dark Mode on Mojave, but this is a different project and will be addressed later this year.
- Mojave’s Dark Mode made the program look bad so we switched the program to light mode for now.
- Export to XML, Text, and other export functions were broken
- Images Shelves styles were broken.
- Release Date: Apr 4, 2019
Trial Mode improvements:
- Bigger “+” button on the default toolbar.
- Improved “My CLZ Account” messaging when logging in with a CLZ Account.
- New hints to Sync with CLZ Cloud after adding some items.
- Removed the ugly blue “hint box” that appeared when starting with an empty database.
Only supports macOS 10.9 or higher
This is the first version to not support macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion anymore.
To stay current with Apple we’ve just updated to Xcode (the software used to create Movie Collector for macOS). In order to do this we had to drop support for macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) from 2012 as Apple doesn’t support it anymore in Xcode.
If you still use macOS 10.8, make sure to not upgrade Movie Collector to this version.
- Auto-mark custom images didn’t flag items as “dirty” for the sync.
- Drag and drop image on Details Panel to change the front cover was broken.
- Index number sometimes didn’t increment correctly.
- Changing order of movies in a box set could crash the program.
- Release Date: Mar 22, 2019
The Movie Collector v19 release was just 6 weeks ago, but I have another big update for you now. Depending on how much of an IMDb junkie you are, today’s v19.1 update may even be a bigger deal than v19 itself 🙂
What’s new in Movie Collector v19.1
As you probably know, we have signed a more comprehensive (and also much more expensive) content licensing agreement with IMDb, which gives us access to more and fresher IMDb data.
Today we’ve released the first new features made possible by this new agreement!
New: IMDb Votes field
This new field indicates the number of votes on which the IMDb Rating is based. It is a good indication of 1. how popular the movie is and 2. how trustworthy the rating is.
- The IMDb Votes field is automatically filled in when you Add a Movie from Core. (Note: similar to IMDb Ratings and Links, getting IMDb Votes from Core requires an active Service Plan)
- It is also shown in the yellow IMDb box in your movie details panel, right below the logo and rating (for the Flex, QuickSilver and Carbon templates).
- Tip: add the IMDb Votes as a column in your list, so that easily see for all your movies or even sort on it to order your list by the movie’s popularity.
New: Update your IMDb Ratings and Votes in one go
The new IMDb content license gives us daily updates of the IMDb Ratings and Votes, so let’s make use of that daily fresh data now!
- Select some (or all) movies in your list, then right click and choose Update IMDb Ratings / Votesfrom the menu.
- This will connect to our Core and retrieve fresh IMDb Ratings and Votes for all selected movies.
- Don’t worry, this won’t take long. We have implemented a super efficient system that can update ratings/votes in chunks of 100 movies in one go.
- When done, it will report the number of movies it has updated the Ratings and Votes for.
- Note: using the “Update IMDb Ratings/Votes” feature requires an active Service Plan.
- Renamed format “Blu-ray Disc” to “Blu-ray”
- Renamed format “Ultra HD Blu-ray” to “4K UHD”
- Updated the format icon for 4K UHD
Drag/Drop image op template
- Release Date: Feb 20, 2019
- You can now add the field “Custom Image” as a column to your list.
- Multiple Collections:
- Importing XML would always import into the “first collection” instead of the selected collection.
- Importing XML could cause a crash.
- There were some issues with the order of multiple collections.
- A couple of Flex template fixes.
- The details template was always reset to Flex.
- “Custom Image” checkbox wasn’t checked when using Find Cover via Main Screen.
- Release Date: Feb 7, 2019
- Click here for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Dec 31, 2018
Pending our discussion with IMDb, it was necessary to update Movie Collector for Mac with the following changes:
- The program does not download/update IMDb Ratings or IMDb links anymore.
All occurrences of the “IMDb” name and logo have been removed.
We hope to reach an agreement with IMDb soon, so that we can re-enable the above features. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2018
Some of you reported some issues in the Edit Screens in Movie Collector using macOS Mojave, which have now been addressed and fixed!
- Searching for a actor or crew wasn’t working (dropdown wasn’t opening to show all options)
- The dropdown to choose a role for a crew member wasn’t working
- Dragging and dropping of images on the template or edit screen didn’t do anything
- Release Date: Sep 18, 2018
- Update from Core for movies wasn’t downloading new details
- Release Date: Aug 16, 2018
- On older macOS versions (10.7, 10.8 and 10.9) the Add Movies screen popup and the Manage Pick Lists screen weren’t working. We fixed that in this maintenance build (but if you can, we do recommend updating to the latest macOS 🙂 ).