This is the version history page for Collectorz.com Movie Collector, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 20.6 (Aug 25, 2020)
- Version 20.5 (Jul 30, 2020)
- Version 20.4.3 (Jul 1, 2020)
- Version 20.4.2 (Jun 27, 2020)
- Version 20.4 (Jun 24, 2020)
- Version 20.3.2 (Jun 11, 2020)
- Version 20.3 (Jun 8, 2020)
- Version 20.2.3 (Apr 21, 2020)
- Version 20.2.2 (Mar 26, 2020)
- Version 20.2 (Mar 25, 2020)
- Version 20.1.2 (Feb 12, 2020)
- Version 20.1 (Feb 4, 2020)
- Version 20 (Jan 14, 2020)
- Version 19.4.2 (Sep 25, 2019)
- Version 19.3.2 (May 3, 2019)
- Version 19.3 (Apr 26, 2019)
- Version 19.2.2 (Apr 13, 2019)
- Version 19.2.1 (Apr 12, 2019)
- Version 19.1.3 (Mar 22, 2019)
- Version 19.1.2 (Mar 7, 2019)
- Release Date: Aug 25, 2020
The Manage Pick Lists screen is one of the most important screens of your Movie Collector software. This is the screen you need for:
- Merging duplicate actor entries
- Correct a Director sort name
- Fixing typos in Genres, Tags, Locations, etc…
- Removing unused pick list entries
- etc… etc…
But… judging from daily questions in our support channels, many users don’t even know of its existence. (Hint: it can be opened from the Edit menu). So with today’s update we are aiming to increase the awareness the Manage Pick Lists screen and to make it easier to access from anywhere.
- User Defined Yes/No fields are now available as options for the folder panel.
- Edit Multiple: Updating date fields wasn’t always working correctly if you only filled in a year.
- Edit in List: Editing the Collection Status field did not work.
- Folder panel: “Collection Status” folder option has been moved to “Personal” heading.
- Movie files: Episodes wouldn’t play if % was in the file path.
- Release Date: Jul 30, 2020
- Please refer to this page for a list of changes
- Release Date: Jul 1, 2020
- If no rating was set, it would show with rating “0” in the rating column. It now shows “nothing” in the column again.
- If no rating has been set for a movie, it would show in a “0” folder, and now shows in a “[None]” folder in your folder panel.
- Release Date: Jun 27, 2020
- In some case, new entries added through Add from Core would get images with .tmp extensions, instead of .jpg.
- Editing pick list items directly from the folder panel did not work anymore.
- Dragging items between folders did not work anymore.
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2020
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!
Here’s another big update for your Movie Collector software, with two further performance improvements:
Faster image downloads
We were able to make several improvements to the way images are downloaded (covers, posters and backdrops), making it much faster than before.
This changes affect all place where images are downloaded from our servers, that is, when Adding Movies from Cores, when Updating from Core and when down-syncing from CLZ Cloud.
Faster Update from Core
On large collections the old Update from Core feature was quite slow, as it updated your movies one by one, that is, doing separate requests to our server for each and every movie.
So for this update, we also complete rewrote the Update from Core feature to do the updates in batches of 100 movies at a time, making it much much faster! (roughly 4 times as fast).
Remember: Update From Core can be used to update your local movie entries with possible extra data from our Core online movie database. To use this feature, select some movies, right click, then choose Update from Core.
- Add Movies from Core: when adding by barcode and the barcode is not found, it now automatically pops up the Unrecognized Barcode screen, so that you can 1. add the movie anyway and 2. report the missing barcode to our Core.
- When using My Rating as the folder field, the “0” folder was missing.
- When using multiple levels of folders in the folder panel, sometimes the displayed counters were wrong.
- Images View: it is now possible to change thumb size using Ctrl + mouse wheel.
- Release Date: Jun 11, 2020
- Images View: Improved spacing between thumbnails
- Images View: Mouse over on images didn’t show the title of the item
- Cover Flow: Now uses big sharp images instead of the small thumbnails
- Find Cover: Could give an Access Violation when finding GIF images
- Release Date: Jun 8, 2020
When users send us screenshots during support conversations, we are seeing that many of you are using the Shelves View when browsing your collections. And we can’t blame you, that IS a cool looking view 🙂 However, it *could* be a bit slow and jerky, especially when displaying many cover images in one list.
So our Windows guy Joe has spent several weeks to make this Shelves View faster and smoother. At the same time, our in-house graphics man AJ has created two new Shelf styles. Here’s what’s new:
- Images are now loading a lot faster.
- Scrolling is faster and smoother.
- Shelves background is smoother, no more visible tile edges.
- Shelves now always continue over the full width, even when a row is not full.
- Two new Shelf Styles are now available: White and Concrete.
TIP: here’s how to get to Shelves View: in your program’s movie list panel, click the vertical Images tab on the right, then from the toolbar above the list panel, choose a Shelf Style. Use the slider to control the size of the images.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2020
- Fixed several issues with AutoSync that could cause Access Violation errors
- Release Date: Mar 26, 2020
- Add by IMDb didn’t yield any results
- Release Date: Mar 25, 2020
Faster CLZ Cloud syncing!
We have made several structural changes to the CLZ Cloud syncing, making it much much faster than before, especially when syncing large amounts of entries up to the CLZ Cloud or down from the CLZ Cloud.
To enjoy the faster syncing, you need to use the actual Sync with CLZ Cloud screen. (The Auto-Syncing in the background is also slightly faster now, but if you need to sync many entries up or down, please use the Sync with CLZ Cloud screen.)
Improved stability when using Auto-Syncing
At the same time, we have resolved several issues with the Auto-Syncing in the background, problems that could cause Access Violations in some situation. So this 20.2 version should provide a more stable experience too.
- Release Date: Feb 12, 2020
- Parsing movie title from folders didn’t work correctly
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2020
Just 3 weeks after the v20 release, here’s version 20.1! In this update, several big enhancements to the movie file cataloging features, plus another re-design of the Tag editing interface.
Add Movie Files: improved parsing of movie titles
For this update, we have made several additions and changes to the movie file cataloging features (Edit menu, Add Movie Files). The main goal here was to better parse clean movie titles from your folder and filenames, which will make your life much easier when Linking to Core afterwards.
Better recognition of ripped DVD, Blu-ray and 4k UHD discs.
Better automatic grouping of movie files that belong to one movie
New parser options:
- Smart parsing of title AND year from folder and filename (optional)
- detects title and year in a title and then removes everything after the year
- removes everything between normal and square brackets
- Auto capitalize titles
- Scan title from File name or Folder name
- Replace characters by spaces, with options:
- . (period)
- , (comma)
- , (semicolon)
- – (hyphen)
- _ (dash)
- Strip words, a list of common words appearing in filenames that you always want to have removed.
Edit Movie: improved interface for adding/editing Tags
In version 20, we changed the user interface for adding/editing Tags to a checkbox list. Of course, we did so thinking we were improving this, making it easier for you all. Instead of having to type in the box, just checkbox from your existing tag list, quick and easy 🙂
Boy, were we wrong here. After the v20 release, we received complaint after complaint about this change. Most users were very upset about not being able to copy/paste tags in anymore, others criticized having to scroll through long tag lists to find the ones they want, yet others, found it way too difficult to add new tags (some even missing the possibility) and finally some even reported it as a serious database corruption that they now suddenly saw all tags in all their movies (which was of course not the case).
Anyway, to cut a long story short, we made a big boo-boo there :-).
Our sincerest apologies!
So in today’s v20.1, we have again re-designed the tag adding/editing interface, to take away all complaints, to resolve all problems. We are convinced that with the new design, we are giving you the best of both worlds:
- Clear overview of which tags are currently set.
- Easy adding of existing tags, using the Add Tags popup screen, which lets you:
- Find existing tags using a search box,
- Checkbox tags to add them.
- Even lets you checkbox multiple tags in one go.
- The big “paste-box” is back for easily adding multiple tags by copy/pasting.
[screenshot, inclusief the Select Tags popup]
- Update from Core: when updating multiple movies from Core, it would sometimes stop halfway, not completing the update process for all selected movies.
- Solved several different “Access Violation” errors.
- Release Date: Jan 14, 2020
- Click here to read about the full list of changes
- Release Date: Sep 25, 2019
- Version 19.4.1 should’ve flagged your collection to be synced with CLZ Cloud if it contained information that has now been added to the sync. It didn’t. That’s fixed in 19.4.2, so expect a big up-sync after updating to this version!
- New “HDR” field (HDR10 / HDR10+ / Dolby Vision)
- Many more field now sync with the CLZ Cloud / Movie Connect:
- Subtitles, Audiotracks, Screen ratios, Layers, HDR, Color, Edition Release Date, Extras AND the Back Cover image!
- Release Date: May 3, 2019
- Bigger buttons for the find cover screen and options screen,
- You can now also find duplicates based on CLZ Movie ID, IMDb URL and “Title & Format”
- Filter Screen: Drag/Drop of pre-set filters could give an Access Violation error
- Duplicate Finder:
- Updated the standard set of columns (you can also pick your own using the column button top right)
- After searching for duplicates twice, the screen could show “0 found” even if it found duplicates
- When running the program on 2 or more screens with different DPI settings, you could get a “List Index out of Bounds” error
- You can now bypass the “Lock File” warning if it appears on start up
- Add buttons in the Add Screen are now disabled while data is being downloaded to prevent an Access Violation
- Filtering on number of IMDb Votes “less or greater than” didn’t work correctly.
- Release Date: Apr 26, 2019
We’re on a roll! Here’s yet another BIG update of your Movie Collector for Windows software, with 2 important additions!
Add Movies straight from IMDb, using the IMDb Number or URL
Now get “official” IMDb Cast and Crew lists for ALL movies in our Core
1. Add Movies by IMDb Number or URL
More goodies made possible by our agreement with IMDb! Introduced today, a new “IMDb” tab in the Add Movies screen for finding and adding movies straight from their IMDb Nr or URL.
Can’t find a movie in our Core? But it is on IMDb?
Then just find the movie on IMDb and copy either the IMDb Nr or the entire UMDb URL. Then go to the new IMDb tab and paste the Nr or URL into the search box, and click Search.
The movie entry will then be retrieved from IMDb automatically AND added to our Core, so that you can then immediately Add it to your database!
(Don’t worry, if it turns out the movie WAS already in our Core, it will automatically just return the existing entry, it will never cause duplicate entries in our Core.)
IMPORTANT: this new Add by IMDb feature always requires an active Service Plan!
Search by IMDb Nr:
Or just paste in the complete IMDB URL of the movie:
2. Official IMDb Cast and Crew list for all movies
Starting with this version, the Movie Collector software now downloads the “official” cast and crew from IMDb, that is the top 25 actors and the full list of Producers, Directors, Writers, Photography and Musicians.
Also, the cast list now comes with IMDb links for ALL cast members!
TIP 1: set the Max Actors / Crew members to 25
Go to menu “Tools > Options”.
Click on “Data and Images” and select “Download settings for data and images”
Change both the amount of Actors and Crew members to 25
TIP 2: Set Update from Core settings for Cast and Crew to “REPLACE”
If you wish to update your existing movie entries with the maximum amount of cast/crew entries:
First, go to the same screen as above and under “Update from CLZ Core”, next to “Cast” and “Crew” set the dropdown to “REPLACE” and click OK to save your changes.
Back in your main screen: select the movies you want to update, right click, then choose Update from Core.
( After updating, make sure to set setting back to “Update empty fields only”. )
- Release Date: Apr 12, 2019
Based on user feedback we found out users were looking for and expecting a tool to find duplicate entries in their database. Some way to find out if you’ve accidentally added multiple versions of the same movie, but perhaps with a different format or barcode.
After quite a few requests and discussions with users about this, to find out how they got duplicates and what they would expect from such a Duplicate Finder tool, it’s here today: Find Duplicate entries in your database!
New: Find Duplicate Movies
Click menu Tools > Maintenance > Find Duplicates to begin.
Then select which field to find duplicates on. You can find duplicates based on:
- Title & Release Year
- Exact Duplicate
Click “Find Duplicates” and see what it comes up with. You can now use the blue “Keep” button to keep a group of duplicates, or use the red “Remove” button to remove a duplicate!
If you click “Remove all duplicates automatically” the program will remove all duplicate entries and will only keep 1 single entry (the oldest one) in your database.
- Release Date: Mar 22, 2019
New options and icons for digital movie formats
With digital movie formats becoming more popular, we have decided to add the most popular ones as default choices in the Format list, all with nice new list icons and logos for the details panel.
Now available as new Format choices:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple iTunes
- Google Play
- Microsoft Movies & TV
- Playstation Video
New Format picker drop-down in Add Movies from Core
The new format choices have now also been added to the Format picker in the Add Movies from Core screen. Just click the blue Format button and pick from the format choices, nicely separated in “Physical” and “Digital” sections:
Renamed Blu-ray and 4K UHD formats
To conform with the more commonly use naming, we have renamed two formats:
- “Blu-ray Disc” to just “Blu-ray”
- “Ultra HD Blu-ray” to just “4K UHD”
Also, the 4K UHD format now has a new icon!
More tweaks to the Add button in Add Movies from Core
We already worked on this area in the previous update, but we were still not completely satisfied. So more tweaks to the Add button in the Add Movies from Core screen today:
- All Collection Status values are now available, including “For Sale” and “On Order”!
- The little popup menu now indicates the selected value with a checkmark.
- The Add button itself now says “Add to Collection” or “Add to Wishlist”.
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2019
With the big feature updates behind us (multi-collections, image syncing, Flex template, IMDb Votes, etc…), it is time for some smaller tweaks that were requested by our loyal users:
- More compact toolbar layout,to save screen space
- No more annoying Add to Collection / Wish List popup in Add Movies screen
- New “Transparent” styles for the Flex template, to show off your backdrops