This is the version history page for Collectorz.com Movie Collector, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 20 (Jan 14, 2020)
- Version 19.4.2 (Sep 25, 2019)
- Version 19.3.2 (May 3, 2019)
- Version 19.3 (Apr 26, 2019)
- Version 19.2.2 (Apr 13, 2019)
- Version 19.2.1 (Apr 12, 2019)
- Version 19.1.3 (Mar 22, 2019)
- Version 19.1.2 (Mar 7, 2019)
- Version 19.1 (Feb 21, 2019)
- Version 19.0.10 (Feb 13, 2019)
- Version 19.0.9 (Jan 30, 2019)
- Version 19.0.8 (Jan 29, 2019)
- Version 19.0.7 (Jan 18, 2019)
- Version 19.0.6 (Jan 16, 2019)
- Version 19.0.5 (Jan 1, 2019)
- Version 19.0.4 (Dec 20, 2018)
- Version 19.0.3 (Dec 18, 2018)
- Version 19.0.2 (Dec 15, 2018)
- Version 19.0 (Dec 14, 2018)
- Version 18.4.7 (Oct 16, 2018)
- Release Date: Jan 14, 2020
- Release Date: Sep 25, 2019
- Version 19.4.1 should’ve flagged your collection to be synced with CLZ Cloud if it contained information that has now been added to the sync. It didn’t. That’s fixed in 19.4.2, so expect a big up-sync after updating to this version!
- New “HDR” field (HDR10 / HDR10+ / Dolby Vision)
- Many more field now sync with the CLZ Cloud / Movie Connect:
- Subtitles, Audiotracks, Screen ratios, Layers, HDR, Color, Edition Release Date, Extras AND the Back Cover image!
- Release Date: May 3, 2019
- Bigger buttons for the find cover screen and options screen,
- You can now also find duplicates based on CLZ Movie ID, IMDb URL and “Title & Format”
- Filter Screen: Drag/Drop of pre-set filters could give an Access Violation error
- Duplicate Finder:
- Updated the standard set of columns (you can also pick your own using the column button top right)
- After searching for duplicates twice, the screen could show “0 found” even if it found duplicates
- When running the program on 2 or more screens with different DPI settings, you could get a “List Index out of Bounds” error
- You can now bypass the “Lock File” warning if it appears on start up
- Add buttons in the Add Screen are now disabled while data is being downloaded to prevent an Access Violation
- Filtering on number of IMDb Votes “less or greater than” didn’t work correctly.
- Release Date: Apr 26, 2019
We’re on a roll! Here’s yet another BIG update of your Movie Collector for Windows software, with 2 important additions!
Add Movies straight from IMDb, using the IMDb Number or URL
Now get “official” IMDb Cast and Crew lists for ALL movies in our Core
1. Add Movies by IMDb Number or URL
More goodies made possible by our agreement with IMDb! Introduced today, a new “IMDb” tab in the Add Movies screen for finding and adding movies straight from their IMDb Nr or URL.
Can’t find a movie in our Core? But it is on IMDb?
Then just find the movie on IMDb and copy either the IMDb Nr or the entire UMDb URL. Then go to the new IMDb tab and paste the Nr or URL into the search box, and click Search.
The movie entry will then be retrieved from IMDb automatically AND added to our Core, so that you can then immediately Add it to your database!
(Don’t worry, if it turns out the movie WAS already in our Core, it will automatically just return the existing entry, it will never cause duplicate entries in our Core.)
IMPORTANT: this new Add by IMDb feature always requires an active Service Plan!
Search by IMDb Nr:
Or just paste in the complete IMDB URL of the movie:
2. Official IMDb Cast and Crew list for all movies
Starting with this version, the Movie Collector software now downloads the “official” cast and crew from IMDb, that is the top 25 actors and the full list of Producers, Directors, Writers, Photography and Musicians.
Also, the cast list now comes with IMDb links for ALL cast members!
TIP 1: set the Max Actors / Crew members to 25
Go to menu “Tools > Options”.
Click on “Data and Images” and select “Download settings for data and images”
Change both the amount of Actors and Crew members to 25
TIP 2: Set Update from Core settings for Cast and Crew to “REPLACE”
If you wish to update your existing movie entries with the maximum amount of cast/crew entries:
First, go to the same screen as above and under “Update from CLZ Core”, next to “Cast” and “Crew” set the dropdown to “REPLACE” and click OK to save your changes.
Back in your main screen: select the movies you want to update, right click, then choose Update from Core.
( After updating, make sure to set setting back to “Update empty fields only”. )
- Release Date: Apr 12, 2019
Based on user feedback we found out users were looking for and expecting a tool to find duplicate entries in their database. Some way to find out if you’ve accidentally added multiple versions of the same movie, but perhaps with a different format or barcode.
After quite a few requests and discussions with users about this, to find out how they got duplicates and what they would expect from such a Duplicate Finder tool, it’s here today: Find Duplicate entries in your database!
New: Find Duplicate Movies
Click menu Tools > Maintenance > Find Duplicates to begin.
Then select which field to find duplicates on. You can find duplicates based on:
- Title & Release Year
- Exact Duplicate
Click “Find Duplicates” and see what it comes up with. You can now use the blue “Keep” button to keep a group of duplicates, or use the red “Remove” button to remove a duplicate!
If you click “Remove all duplicates automatically” the program will remove all duplicate entries and will only keep 1 single entry (the oldest one) in your database.
- Release Date: Mar 22, 2019
New options and icons for digital movie formats
With digital movie formats becoming more popular, we have decided to add the most popular ones as default choices in the Format list, all with nice new list icons and logos for the details panel.
Now available as new Format choices:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple iTunes
- Google Play
- Microsoft Movies & TV
- Playstation Video
New Format picker drop-down in Add Movies from Core
The new format choices have now also been added to the Format picker in the Add Movies from Core screen. Just click the blue Format button and pick from the format choices, nicely separated in “Physical” and “Digital” sections:
Renamed Blu-ray and 4K UHD formats
To conform with the more commonly use naming, we have renamed two formats:
- “Blu-ray Disc” to just “Blu-ray”
- “Ultra HD Blu-ray” to just “4K UHD”
Also, the 4K UHD format now has a new icon!
More tweaks to the Add button in Add Movies from Core
We already worked on this area in the previous update, but we were still not completely satisfied. So more tweaks to the Add button in the Add Movies from Core screen today:
- All Collection Status values are now available, including “For Sale” and “On Order”!
- The little popup menu now indicates the selected value with a checkmark.
- The Add button itself now says “Add to Collection” or “Add to Wishlist”.
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2019
With the big feature updates behind us (multi-collections, image syncing, Flex template, IMDb Votes, etc…), it is time for some smaller tweaks that were requested by our loyal users:
- More compact toolbar layout,to save screen space
- No more annoying Add to Collection / Wish List popup in Add Movies screen
- New “Transparent” styles for the Flex template, to show off your backdrops
- Release Date: Feb 21, 2019
The Movie Collector v19 release was just 2 months ago, but I have another big update for you now. Depending on how much of an IMDb junkie you are, today’s v19.1 update may even be a bigger deal than v19 itself 🙂
What’s new in Movie Collector v19.1
As you probably know, we have signed a more comprehensive (and also much more expensive) content licensing agreement with IMDb, which gives us access to more and fresher IMDb data.
Today we’ve released the first new features made possible by this new agreement!
New: IMDb Votes field
This new field indicates the number of votes on which the IMDb Rating is based. It is a good indication of 1. how popular the movie is and 2. how trustworthy the rating is.
- The IMDb Votes field is automatically filled in when you Add a Movie from Core. (Note: similar to IMDb Ratings and Links, getting IMDb Votes from Core requires an active Service Plan)
- It is also shown in the yellow IMDb box in your movie details panel, right below the logo and rating (for the Flex, Clean, QuickSilver and Carbon templates).
- Tip: add the IMDb Votes as a column in your list, so that easily see for all your movies or even sort on it to order your list by the movie’s popularity.
New: Update your IMDb Ratings and Votes in one go
The new IMDb content license gives us daily updates of the IMDb Ratings and Votes, so let’s make use of that daily fresh data now!
- Select some (or all) movies in your list, then right click and choose Update IMDb Ratings/Votes from the menu.
- This will connect to our Core and retrieve fresh IMDb Ratings and Votes for all selected movies.
- Don’t worry, this won’t take long. We have implemented a super efficient system that can update ratings/votes in chunks of 100 movies in one go.
- When done, it will report the number of movies it has updated the Ratings and Votes for.
- Note: using the “Update IMDb Ratings/Votes” feature requires an active Service Plan.
- Several tweaks to improve the trial mode experience:
- Bigger “+ Add Movies” button on the default toolbar
- Improved “My CLZ Account” messaging when logging in with a CLZ Account.
- New hints to Sync with CLZ Cloud after adding some movies.
- Removed the ugly blue “hint box” that appeared when starting with an empty database.
- FIXED: Occasional freeze/hang problems after a period of program inactivity.
- Release Date: Feb 13, 2019
- Automatically syncing cover images could happen too often
- Edit Screens:
- While using Next/Previous, the cursor position wasn’t always retained
- After scanning an image, some of the buttons would sometimes not be enabled
- Release Date: Jan 30, 2019
- Some fields weren’t entirely visible
- The old Vee Eight template was missing the IMDb logo
- (tip: try the NEW Flex template via menu View > Details View Template > Flex!!)
- Submitting a movie to Core could give an error
- Release Date: Jan 29, 2019
Great news! We now have a new and more comprehensive content licensing agreement with IMDb, which means the IMDb features are back in your Movie Collector software!
IMDb features are back!
- When adding new movies, it automatically downloads IMDb Ratings and Links again.
- The IMDb Number field has been replaced with an IMDb URL field. Of course, your existing IMDb numbers have automagically been turned into IMDb URLs.
- In your movie details panel, the IMDb Ratings are shown in “IMDb yellow” again 🙂
The new IMDb content license is more comprehensive, so more IMDb related data and features are coming soon, including:
- Official cast and crew listings, straight from IMDb.
- A tool for updating all your IMDb Ratings with fresh ratings from IMDb.
HOWEVER: Because the new license is also very expensive, we have decided to only deliver IMDb Ratings and Links to users who are on a valid, non-expired Update Plan.
Fixed for 64-bit version: Image scanning and web-cam scanning
Right after the release of v19, we started receiving reports from users that their image scanners would not be found when using the 64-bit version. Other users reported that the web-cam scanning would not work anymore.
A temporary work-around has been to use the 32-bit version of version 19.
In the meantime, our Windows developer Joe has been working hard to get both of these problems resolved and I am happy to report that both have been fixed in today’s version 19.0.8:
- 64-bit version now uses WIA to connect with image scanners. When acquiring, make sure to select the WIA driver for your scanner, not TWAIN.
- Scanning barcodes with your webcam scanner is working again.
If you have been using the 32-bit version as a workaround, please switch to the 64-bit version again (this is a choice during installation).
Then, please let us know your findings, is everything working again?
IMDb, IMDb.COM, and the IMDb logo are trademarks of IMDb.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2019
- We fixed an issue with index numbers automatically incrementing when they shouldn’t.
- Release Date: Jan 16, 2019
- Custom Image checkbox wasn’t always checked in certain situations (e.g. unrecognized barcode screen and drag/drop image on the details panel)
- Images for items that don’t have a cover in the Cloud didn’t upload automatically
- Got rid of a couple of access violations in the main, filter and find cover screens
- Edit Screen: Covers tab: tabs weren’t high enough
- Import from Other Collection:
- Added 2 progress bars to keep track of the import
- In rare cases you could get an empty extra collection tab after an import
- Box Sets: After editing a movie that is part of a box set, the navigation of finding the different movies in the box set could get lost.
- Field Default setting for “Region” was resetting to “nothing” on each new start up.
- Release Date: Jan 1, 2019
Pending our discussion with IMDb, it was necessary to update Movie Collector for Windows with the following changes:
- The program does not download/update IMDb Ratings or IMDb links anymore.
All occurrences of the “IMDb” name and logo have been removed.
We hope to reach an agreement with IMDb soon, so that we can re-enable the above features. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Release Date: Dec 20, 2018
We have fixed various stability issues in the program to get rid of some more access violation errors that were happening for a couple of users. We also fixed a problem where “File > Open Database” didn’t refresh the main screen to show the opened file.
- Got rid of some Access Violation errors
- “File / Open database” could show an empty screen
32-bit and 64-bit option
We’ve found that when running our program in 64-bit mode, some 3rd party external devices will not work or talk to the program such as:
- TWAIN image scanners
- Some barcode scanners
- Webcams (for barcode scanning)
If you run into issues where you your TWAIN image scanner, or your barcode scanner won’t connect or work, this is usually caused by the drivers of these devices which are not 64-bit compatible, and thus can’t talk to your Collectorz program.
We’re trying to look for a way to make them talk to the 64-bit version, but for now, to work around this, redownload the software from your CLZ Account page and during installation choose to install the 32-bit version!
DPI fix for Add Movies screen
The new “Add as Single Movie” or “Add [x] Movies” buttons for box sets weren’t scaling correctly on screens with high DPI settings. Fixed now!
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2018
We noticed a small issue in the new Flex detail templates where plot descriptions could be cut off wrong. Fixed in this latest build.
We also fixed a rare problem that could throw a “List index out of bounds” error on certain popups.
- Release Date: Dec 15, 2018
- “Clean” templates were missing
- Adding movies from files didn’t refresh the movie list correctly
- Release Date: Dec 14, 2018
- Manage multiple “collections” within one database file
- Automatic Cloud-syncing of your own “custom” images
- A new super-adaptive “Flex” template for the Details Panel
- 64-bit version for 64-bit Windows versions
- Add Box Sets as a single database entry
- Image Viewer window now automatically resizes while browsing images
- Release Date: Oct 16, 2018
We still had a couple of persistent Access Violation and List Index Out of Bounds errors happening in the Add Movies screen. We managed to capture them and the Add Screen should be more stable now.
We also fixed a problem with the quick search in the main screen that could throw an error.
Should you still get such errors, please contact us and let us know!