This is the version history page for Collectorz.com Movie Collector, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 21.4 (Sep 15, 2021)
- Version 21.3.3 (Aug 12, 2021)
- Version 21.3.2 (Aug 7, 2021)
- Version 21.3 (Aug 3, 2021)
- Version 21.2 (Apr 28, 2021)
- Version 21.1.2 (Mar 5, 2021)
- Version 21.1 (Feb 16, 2021)
- Version 21.0 (Jan 14, 2021)
- Version 20.6 (Aug 25, 2020)
- Version 20.5 (Jul 30, 2020)
- Version 20.4.3 (Jul 1, 2020)
- Version 20.4.2 (Jun 27, 2020)
- Version 20.4 (Jun 24, 2020)
- Version 20.3.2 (Jun 11, 2020)
- Version 20.3 (Jun 8, 2020)
- Version 20.2.3 (Apr 21, 2020)
- Version 20.2.2 (Mar 26, 2020)
- Version 20.2 (Mar 25, 2020)
- Version 20.1.2 (Feb 12, 2020)
- Version 20.1 (Feb 4, 2020)
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2021
Version 21.4 is now available for your Movie Collector software, with a nice graphical update for your folder panel. The folder panel now show horizontal bars in the background behind the folder entries, representing the “relative size” of the folder, that is, relative to the biggest folder in your collection.
This creates a nice subtitle bar chart in the background, making it easier to spot your biggest Formats, your most popular Actors and Directs, your favorite Genres, etc…
TIP: Sort by Count(at the top) for a nice chart from biggest to smallest.
Important: We are confident that MOST users will LOVE this new graphical update.
BUT: we are also 100% sure that SOME users will absolutely HATE it 🙂
( we have been in this business long enough to be aware of that )
So, of course this new feature is OPTIONAL (although enabled by default). You can switch it off using Tools > Options > Customization > “Show bar chart in folder panel”.
- The menu item “CLZ Core > Submit item to CLZ Core” was not enabled when using Card View
- Update from Core: Data Language setting was being ignored
- Adding Movie Files: better automatic splitting of filename into year and title
- Added format and format icon for “Movies Anywhere”
- Release Date: Aug 12, 2021
- Date fields didn’t always transfer correctly
- Release Date: Aug 7, 2021
- Better transfer of pick list data: where possible the tool will copy images and URL fields to the destination field now too.
- After using the Transfer Field Data tool, modified movies didn’t trigger a change to Sync with CLZ Cloud
- Release Date: Aug 3, 2021
New “Transfer Field Data” tool
Not exactly a super common request, but we do see this question regularly:
” How can I move all data from field X to field Y? “
Sometimes the question originates from a user’s new insights into how to use the program’s fields in the best way. But, lately we see the question occur more often from users planning to switch to Movie Connect, and therefore regretting their usage of User Defined Fields and now wanting to move some UDFs to Location, Tags or Notes.
Sadly, we did not have a solution for this (other than lots of manual labor). But as of today, we will be able to answer the above question better, with a happy:
“Sure, just use the Transfer Field Data tool, from the Tools menu!”
A new tool, with a deceptively simple UI (just select the From and To fields).
- Release Date: Apr 28, 2021
- Click here to read about the full list of changes
- Release Date: Mar 5, 2021
- Click here to read about the full list of changes
- Release Date: Feb 16, 2021
- Click here to read about the full list of changes
- Release Date: Jan 14, 2021
New Pre-fill screen that pops up when adding movies
When adding a movie to your database using the Add Movies screen, it will now pop-up a new screen called “Pre-fill movie details, letting you set various fields right then and there.
Fields available in the Pre-fill screen:
- Purchase Date
- Purchase Store
- Purchase Price
No more need to edit your added movies afterwards!
(BTW: of course, using the new Pre-fill screen is optional. If you don’t want to use it, just uncheck the “Show Pre-fill screen” toggle at the bottom. You can always re-enable it through the program’s Options screen.)
- Release Date: Aug 25, 2020
The Manage Pick Lists screen is one of the most important screens of your Movie Collector software. This is the screen you need for:
- Merging duplicate actor entries
- Correct a Director sort name
- Fixing typos in Genres, Tags, Locations, etc…
- Removing unused pick list entries
- etc… etc…
But… judging from daily questions in our support channels, many users don’t even know of its existence. (Hint: it can be opened from the Edit menu). So with today’s update we are aiming to increase the awareness the Manage Pick Lists screen and to make it easier to access from anywhere.
- User Defined Yes/No fields are now available as options for the folder panel.
- Edit Multiple: Updating date fields wasn’t always working correctly if you only filled in a year.
- Edit in List: Editing the Collection Status field did not work.
- Folder panel: “Collection Status” folder option has been moved to “Personal” heading.
- Movie files: Episodes wouldn’t play if % was in the file path.
- Release Date: Jul 30, 2020
- Please refer to this page for a list of changes
- Release Date: Jul 1, 2020
- If no rating was set, it would show with rating “0” in the rating column. It now shows “nothing” in the column again.
- If no rating has been set for a movie, it would show in a “0” folder, and now shows in a “[None]” folder in your folder panel.
- Release Date: Jun 27, 2020
- In some case, new entries added through Add from Core would get images with .tmp extensions, instead of .jpg.
- Editing pick list items directly from the folder panel did not work anymore.
- Dragging items between folders did not work anymore.
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2020
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!
Here’s another big update for your Movie Collector software, with two further performance improvements:
Faster image downloads
We were able to make several improvements to the way images are downloaded (covers, posters and backdrops), making it much faster than before.
This changes affect all place where images are downloaded from our servers, that is, when Adding Movies from Cores, when Updating from Core and when down-syncing from CLZ Cloud.
Faster Update from Core
On large collections the old Update from Core feature was quite slow, as it updated your movies one by one, that is, doing separate requests to our server for each and every movie.
So for this update, we also complete rewrote the Update from Core feature to do the updates in batches of 100 movies at a time, making it much much faster! (roughly 4 times as fast).
Remember: Update From Core can be used to update your local movie entries with possible extra data from our Core online movie database. To use this feature, select some movies, right click, then choose Update from Core.
- Add Movies from Core: when adding by barcode and the barcode is not found, it now automatically pops up the Unrecognized Barcode screen, so that you can 1. add the movie anyway and 2. report the missing barcode to our Core.
- When using My Rating as the folder field, the “0” folder was missing.
- When using multiple levels of folders in the folder panel, sometimes the displayed counters were wrong.
- Images View: it is now possible to change thumb size using Ctrl + mouse wheel.
- Release Date: Jun 11, 2020
- Images View: Improved spacing between thumbnails
- Images View: Mouse over on images didn’t show the title of the item
- Cover Flow: Now uses big sharp images instead of the small thumbnails
- Find Cover: Could give an Access Violation when finding GIF images
- Release Date: Jun 8, 2020
When users send us screenshots during support conversations, we are seeing that many of you are using the Shelves View when browsing your collections. And we can’t blame you, that IS a cool looking view 🙂 However, it *could* be a bit slow and jerky, especially when displaying many cover images in one list.
So our Windows guy Joe has spent several weeks to make this Shelves View faster and smoother. At the same time, our in-house graphics man AJ has created two new Shelf styles. Here’s what’s new:
- Images are now loading a lot faster.
- Scrolling is faster and smoother.
- Shelves background is smoother, no more visible tile edges.
- Shelves now always continue over the full width, even when a row is not full.
- Two new Shelf Styles are now available: White and Concrete.
TIP: here’s how to get to Shelves View: in your program’s movie list panel, click the vertical Images tab on the right, then from the toolbar above the list panel, choose a Shelf Style. Use the slider to control the size of the images.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2020
- Fixed several issues with AutoSync that could cause Access Violation errors
- Release Date: Mar 26, 2020
- Add by IMDb didn’t yield any results
- Release Date: Mar 25, 2020
Faster CLZ Cloud syncing!
We have made several structural changes to the CLZ Cloud syncing, making it much much faster than before, especially when syncing large amounts of entries up to the CLZ Cloud or down from the CLZ Cloud.
To enjoy the faster syncing, you need to use the actual Sync with CLZ Cloud screen. (The Auto-Syncing in the background is also slightly faster now, but if you need to sync many entries up or down, please use the Sync with CLZ Cloud screen.)
Improved stability when using Auto-Syncing
At the same time, we have resolved several issues with the Auto-Syncing in the background, problems that could cause Access Violations in some situation. So this 20.2 version should provide a more stable experience too.
- Release Date: Feb 12, 2020
- Parsing movie title from folders didn’t work correctly
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2020
Just 3 weeks after the v20 release, here’s version 20.1! In this update, several big enhancements to the movie file cataloging features, plus another re-design of the Tag editing interface.
Add Movie Files: improved parsing of movie titles
For this update, we have made several additions and changes to the movie file cataloging features (Edit menu, Add Movie Files). The main goal here was to better parse clean movie titles from your folder and filenames, which will make your life much easier when Linking to Core afterwards.
Better recognition of ripped DVD, Blu-ray and 4k UHD discs.
Better automatic grouping of movie files that belong to one movie
New parser options:
- Smart parsing of title AND year from folder and filename (optional)
- detects title and year in a title and then removes everything after the year
- removes everything between normal and square brackets
- Auto capitalize titles
- Scan title from File name or Folder name
- Replace characters by spaces, with options:
- . (period)
- , (comma)
- , (semicolon)
- – (hyphen)
- _ (dash)
- Strip words, a list of common words appearing in filenames that you always want to have removed.
Edit Movie: improved interface for adding/editing Tags
In version 20, we changed the user interface for adding/editing Tags to a checkbox list. Of course, we did so thinking we were improving this, making it easier for you all. Instead of having to type in the box, just checkbox from your existing tag list, quick and easy 🙂
Boy, were we wrong here. After the v20 release, we received complaint after complaint about this change. Most users were very upset about not being able to copy/paste tags in anymore, others criticized having to scroll through long tag lists to find the ones they want, yet others, found it way too difficult to add new tags (some even missing the possibility) and finally some even reported it as a serious database corruption that they now suddenly saw all tags in all their movies (which was of course not the case).
Anyway, to cut a long story short, we made a big boo-boo there :-).
Our sincerest apologies!
So in today’s v20.1, we have again re-designed the tag adding/editing interface, to take away all complaints, to resolve all problems. We are convinced that with the new design, we are giving you the best of both worlds:
- Clear overview of which tags are currently set.
- Easy adding of existing tags, using the Add Tags popup screen, which lets you:
- Find existing tags using a search box,
- Checkbox tags to add them.
- Even lets you checkbox multiple tags in one go.
- The big “paste-box” is back for easily adding multiple tags by copy/pasting.
[screenshot, inclusief the Select Tags popup]
- Update from Core: when updating multiple movies from Core, it would sometimes stop halfway, not completing the update process for all selected movies.
- Solved several different “Access Violation” errors.