This is the version history page for CamStudio, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
Version 2.7.2 Build r326
- Release Date: Nov 28, 2019
- Fixed issue that moved Camtasia Editor to the wrong location when restoring the window
- Added ability to move playhead to a location where no media has been added
- Fixed a crash that could happen when previewing a transition after previewing a media in the Media Bin
- Fixed issue to allow sharing to Video Review from outside the United States
- Added ability to export a zipped project for filenames longer than 260 characters
- Fixed issue where a duplicate cursor would display after a stitching media
- Fixed problems with variable-bit-rate MP3 files that could cause skips or glitches
- Fixed intermittent crash while scrubbing the timeline
- Fixed crash when extending the beginning of an MP4
- Added an error message when importing a corrupt .trec file
- Fixed crash when exporting to MP3
- Tool menus no longer persist when switching between tools using keyboard shorcuts
- Fixed issue that caused canvas to resize when dragging media into the Camtasia Editor
- Fixed issue issue for incorrect display of location to drag media
- Fixed issue exporting images to the JPEG format
- Fixed issue that caused animations to shift when unstitching media
- Fixed issue with location of the canvas when it has been detached
- Fixed crash while editing annotations set to extremely large scales
Version 2.7 Build r316
- Release Date: Oct 23, 2013
- 2.7.2 r326
- Added MP4 container support in preparation for AVI 2.0 functionality - changed output toolbar icon to single rotating one
- Fixed sync issues when recording is paused and restarted
- Builds r321 - r325
- 2.7.1 r320Fixed bug in update notification routine to detect x.x.x minor version updates
Changed time elapsed during recording in main panel from 'xxxx seconds' to 'x hours xx mins xx secs'
Removed the "No camstudio.cfg found" notification routine to minimise confusion for new users
Fixed 'key polling' conflict with CamStudio recording during a Minecraft session
Fixed long-standing pixelation issue with CamStudio central panel and refreshed design
Removed unnecessary dialog box from appearing when update xml on CamStudio server not detected
Version 2.6 Beta r294
- Release Date: Feb 5, 2013
- CamStudio not displaying/able to use all video codecs on system
(Partially done - some Microsoft WM codecs are still inaccessable but this is being worked on)
- Sometimes the CamStudio Lossless codec is not showing in codec list in Vista and Win7
(A new 64-bit compatible codec installer has been created to remove incorrectly
installed codecs and reinstall it)
- Keyboard shortcut option for Autopan with on-screen notification
- CamStudio will now inform you when a new update is available
- We've altered the default save location from 'Use Windows Temporary Directory'
to a Videos folder in 'Use Application Installed Diretory' so it's easier to find
- Removed link to CamStudio Blog from Help menu
- Made Auto Adjust enabled by default with a new second checkbox (also enabled by default)
above the slider bar locking the Capture Frame rate and Playback rate to only factors of
1000. Added a warning dialog when "Locking" checkbox deselected.
Leaving the "Lock" checkbox on will help to stop common audio/video desync issues
- Added a warning to Video Options > Capture rate mentioning CPU-load and final filesize
increase when using a higher capture rate figure
- Also made Key Frame rate independant of Auto Adjust for finer control.
- Changed first-run Video Options defaults to:
Keyframes every: 100 frames
Capture Every: 50 millseconds
Playback: 20 frames per second
Version 2.6 Beta r273
- Release Date: Oct 28, 2010
- Huge step in release number sequence. Caused because many new nice features can be expected soon.
Nice things like zooming, showing key combinations pressed and/or left,middle and right mouse identification on screen.
- This release contains only a few small fixes.
- Region 'Window' and'Select Screen' in case of multiple screens now calculate the pixels correct either.
- Temporally and final files are now created in the directory you have specified in "Directory for recording"
- Log file ....xnote.txt is renamed to ....txt and shows now besides xnote information also the version and release number of the executable.
- Inside the code 'Playerplus.exe' is now invoked instead of 'Playplus.exe'. So it will startup.
(My personal opinion; Don't use it at all. On can better use player.exe or use local player.)
Version 2.6 Beta
- Release Date: Oct 10, 2010
- Camstudio v2.6, release 272/273:
- Fixed a memoryleak that caused that made Camstudio crashed after 40-50 minutes of recording.
- Redesigned the region calculation routines.
- The same procedure is now applicable for all sizing calculations.
- The area you define in regions is the area that will be recorded. No shift in position or losing rows or columns.
- Size of the region is now displayed correctly in the progress monitoring window.
- Size of the recording is now equal to the size as displayed the progress monitoring window.
- Camstudio v2.6, release 270:
- Fixed how Camstudio treated 'TimeDelayInMilliSecs'. An postive value now ,means that time is added instead of subtracted.
- Camstudio v2.6, release 269:
- Add manifest files to prevent Microsoft 'Side by side' errors during first usage.
- Mostly this can be solved with installing the"MIcrosoft
- Visual C++ 2008 Redistriutable package for 32 bits"
- Reports showed that not all issies are solved.
- Release Date: Jul 24, 2010
- Release Date: Apr 6, 2004