This is the version history page for DVBViewer. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 6.0.4 (Nov 2, 2017)
- Version 6.0.3 (Jul 19, 2017)
- Version 6.0.1 (Apr 20, 2017)
- Version 6.0.0 (Apr 13, 2017)
- Version 5.6.4 (Jul 12, 2016)
- Version 5.6.3 (Jul 5, 2016)
- Version 5.6.2 (Apr 3, 2016)
- Version 5.6.0 (Mar 7, 2016)
- Version 5.5.2 (Sep 14, 2015)
- Version 5.5.1 (Aug 30, 2015)
- Version 5.5.0 (Jul 27, 2015)
- Version 5.3.2 (Nov 19, 2014)
- Version 5.3.1 (May 30, 2014)
- Version 5.3 (Apr 28, 2014)
- Version 5.2.9 (Nov 25, 2013)
- Version 5.2.8 (Sep 15, 2013)
- Version 5.2.7 (Aug 4, 2013)
- Version 5.2 (Jul 16, 2013)
- Version 5.1 (Apr 16, 2013)
- Version 5.0 (Dec 23, 2012)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (May 1, 2012)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Apr 23, 2012)
- Version 4.9.6 (Apr 8, 2012)
- Version 4.9.5 (Mar 14, 2012)
- Version 4.9 (Sep 16, 2011)
- Version 4.8.1 (Jun 3, 2011)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Apr 25, 2011)
- Version 4.8 (Apr 21, 2011)
- Version 4.6 (Jan 18, 2011)
- Version 4.5 (Oct 7, 2010)
- Version 4.5 RC2 (Sep 30, 2010)
- Version 4.5 RC1 (Sep 16, 2010)
- Version 4.2.1 (Jul 26, 2009)
- Version 4.2 Beta (Jun 20, 2009)
- Version 4.1 (May 5, 2009)
- Version 4.0 (Dec 22, 2008)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (May 30, 2008)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Jan 18, 2008)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Dec 1, 2007)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Oct 4, 2007)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Aug 6, 2007)
- Version 3.6.0 (Dec 31, 2006)
- Release Date: Nov 2, 2017
Added: Teletext Window: Navigation tree view showing the available pages and sub-pages. A “+” icon indicates a page with sub-pages, an “S” icon a subtitle page and an “N” icon a news flash page. Please note: The tree view changes the navigation with the arrow keys, page up/down etc. according to the tree view standard behavior. Additionally holding down the Ctrl key lets the Teletext Window respond as before.
Change/Added: Teletext Window: The (non-graphical) teletext representation for the visual impaired that appears after activating Options ? Extended ? Support for visual impaired users is now adjusted to the current window size (thus being more readable for non-impaired users) and provides additional keyboard functions:
Placing the text cursor on a page number and pressing Return switches over to this page. Placing the text cursor on an internet address and pressing Return opens a browser window with the corresponding page (does not work if the address contains a line break). Ctrl + C copies the selected text to the clipboard, Ctrl + A selects the whole teletext page. Ctrl + arrow keys are for teletext navigation (up: previous (sub-)page, down: next (sub-)page, left: back to the last visited page, right: forward).
Change: Teletext Subtitles: They are now synchronized with video according to the broadcasted presentation time stamps (PTS) and displayed at the position and with the color intended by the broadcaster.
Added: Subtitles: DVB and teletext subtitles are labeled as “for the hearing impaired” in menus if they are flagged by the broadcaster accordingly.
Fix: Subtitles: DVBViewer only remembered the last selected teletext subtitles for a channel. Other subtitle types were excluded.
Fix/Change: Subtitle Options: The font size grew after each change on this page and OK/Apply in case of a Windows/Resizer text size greater than 100%, particularly affecting teletext subtitles. Additionally the Subtitle Options have been generally reworked. They don't apply to teletext subtitles anymore (the corresponding settings are now completely covered by the Teletext Options).The misleading Delay setting, that only takes effect under exceptional/error conditions has been moved to Tweaker.exe.
Added: Main Window: Toolbar Editor for rearranging and extending the toolbar. It can be opened by right-clicking the toolbar. The icon set selection in the upper part was located on Options ? General in previous versions. On the left side it shows the icons (sorted in categories) that are available in the currently selected icon set. The right side shows the icons that are currently assigned to the toolbar including dividers. You may use the buttons or drag & drop to add, delete and rearrange icons.
Added: Main Window: VisionX icon set that covers almost all commands that are available in the DVBViewer main window and allows to add them to the toolbar, if VisionX is selected in the Toolbar Editor. Please note that VisionX is a modifiable external icon set on disk (see below).
Added: Main Window: Possibility to add external icon sets for the toolbar (also self-made sets). They must comply with the following rules:
The icons must be *.png files carrying the internal name of the corresponding DVBViewer action object, e.g. actRecord.png (see the fairly complete VisionX set as example – in case of doubt ask in the DVBViewer forum).
The icons must be located in the installation directory (containing DVBViewer.exe) in sub-directories of \Images\Icons\ . The sub-directory names (e.g. \Images\Icons\MyIcons\) appear in the Icon Set drop down list of the Toolbar Editor.
If the sub-directory name equals the name of an internal standard set (like “XPedition” or “Vision”) DVBViewer uses the external icons in addition to the internal icons of this set. In this case the external icons must have a size of 16x16. Such extension sets don't need to provide icons for actions that are already covered by the standard set.
If the sub-directory name does not match an internal standard set name DVBViewer regards its content as additional independent icon set. It should at least provide icons for the actions covered by the standard sets.
Independent Icon sets that contain actRecord.png (for recording the currently played channel) must also contain actRecordStop.png that is shown while the currently played channel is recorded.
Icons of independent sets may have any (uniform) square size (e.g. 24x24). If the size is not 16x16 it must be specified in a Settings.ini file contained in the icon set subdirectory. It may also specify the width of separators and a default toolbar assignment that is used when the user clicks the Default Button in the Toolbar Editor. If no Settings.ini is present DVBViewer assumes the following content:
Added: Main Window: Help menu item “Order/Unlock Add-Ons...” that launches KeyTool.exe.
Change: Main Window: The signal strength field of the status bar (with four display modes switchable by mouse clicks) has been reworked. The former “None” display mode that showed an empty field has been replaced by a time of day display. Hints have been added for each display mode (elapsed time / remaining time / signal / time of day) indicating its meaning. The elapsed/remaining time modes consider timeshift playback by calculating “now” accordingly. On HLS Internet TV playback they are used for displaying the position in the timeshift buffer provided by the broadcaster. On file playback the signal display mode that formerly only showed 0% now displays the elapsed time as percent value.
Added: Recorder/Timeshift: “Remove video filler data” now also applies to HEVC video (previously only to H.264 and MPEG2). Thanks to Martin K for coding!
Fix: Timer Recordings: Changing the start time of a Media Server timer in DVBViewer also changed its end time.
Change: Timer Recordings: The lead and follow-up time of recordings are now stored internally as separate data fields (previously they had to be reconstructed from the difference of the EPG and timer start and end times). Additionally they are stored in the file timers.xml and are sent to / received from the Media Server.
Fix: Timer Recording Window: Several minor issues concerning language files, the selection of control elements with accelerator keys, the activation of buttons, tuner type icons etc.
Fix: Recording Statistics Window: The Recordings list wasn't updated on some occasions when it was visible. Recording Status ? Context Menu ? Delete Recording also deleted a corresponding auto-repeat timer. General cleanup and adjustments, particularly concerning language file entries.
Removed: Recorder Options: “MPG with DVD packet size” checkbox that enabled enhanced MPG file recording compatibility with (old) DVD players. The setting is still available as tweak (see Tweaker.exe).
Fix: Recorder: A wrong (non-existing) Service ID in the channel data prevented recordings from starting. Please note: Without a correct Service ID the recorder output is restricted in any case. Decryption is not possible, DVB subtitles and additional audio tracks are not available and the Adjust PAT/PMT option does not take effect. Clients / Players may be unable to play the result. New debug and recording log entries inform about the issue (“Service ID not found in PAT”).
Added: UPnP Window (Playback ? UPnP Server): Optional thumbnail display that can be switched on and off in the context menu of the media list.
Fix: UPnP Window: Some minor fixes and adjustments (the window couldn't be closed with Esc, no minimum window size, child nodes were indicated in the left tree for nodes that had no children, language file corrections etc.)
Added: TS Stream: Tweak “Automatically create TS Stream devices on demand” (see Tweaker.exe, default “on”). It allows to disable the automatic internal creation of Virtual TS Stream devices in order to limit the streams to the number of manually added TS Stream devices on Options ? Hardware.
Fix: TS Stream: A HTTP host header field as part of an addhdr URL parameter did not replace the host header field created by the Media Server, but was attached as an additional header field. Requesting an AES key for encrypted HLS from the server didn't use the intended user agent string in the HTTP header and ignored an addhdr URL parameter. In order to fix problems with Deluxe Music TV the number of buffered segments (with an intended overall duration/timeshift of 30 seconds) is now based on the actual duration of segments, not on the announced target duration value anymore.
Fix: Movie Options: The Clean Up Database button performed a cleanup of the recording database (TVDatabase.db3), not the indicated cleanup of the movie database (MediaDatabase.db3). The main purpose of the movie database is storing the last playback position. Now the clean up works in the following way: Entries referencing a file on the local PC are deleted if the file does not exist anymore. Entries referencing a remote file (by URL, UNC path, network drive) or a removable medium (DVD) are deleted if the object hasn't been played in the past 12 months.
Change: General Options: The menu style selection has been removed. All installations are changed to the DVBViewer menu style that supports a user defined font and font size (by means of Resizer.exe). The standard Windows menu style can still be activated by switching the new tweak “Use DVBViewer menu stile” off (see Tweaker.exe).
Fix: Input Options: The action Open File=94 (see actions.ini) did not work. Access violations under certain conditions could cause various malfunctions. The command list was not re-translated after a language change.
Change: Input Options: The action names in the file action.ini, the default command list and the English language file have been reworked in order to make them more comprehensible. The actions Window Size 40%=2018, Open URL=141 and UPnP Server=142 have been added to the file actions.ini so that keys can be assigned to them. Invalid entries have been removed.
Added: Hardware Options: The connection timeout (= maximum waiting time until the server responds) for RTSP Network Devices is now configurable in the settings dialog.
Fix: HbbTV: Issues if a HbbTV application was terminated and another one was started because the OSD was closed in between and other problems caused by certain broadcaster habits.
Change: Channel Handling: When the channel list is loaded DVBViewer now unifies root and category names with different upper/lowercase in order to avoid inconsistent display at different UI locations, particularly that such categories are merged in the Channel List/ Channel Editor Window, but are displayed separately in the OSD.
Added: Actions: New action “FavEdit=10” (see actions.ini). It replaces the former useless “ChanSave=10” that was a duplicate of “ChannelEdit=117”. The new action opens the Channel Editor with active Favorites page.
Fix/Change: Channel Logo Options: The “Select Logo” function in the context menu could not assign logos that were located in sub-directories of \Images\Logos\. The navigation bar in the file dialog has been removed because assigning images from other directories is not possible.
Change: Media Server Recordings Playback: The Tweak “Method for playing remote recordings” has been redesigned and renamed to “Access mode for remote recordings”. It introduces a new “automatic” mode, to which all DVBViewer installations are changed. In this mode DVBViewer automatically uses streaming for playback if accessing the recording directly (on hard disk or via network shares/drive) fails. The other fixed modes (1=network shares/UNC path, 2=media server streaming, 3=web server streaming) may let playback start faster. For testing purpose mode 2 and 3 can also be used with a local Media Server on the same PC.
Change: Media Server Handling: If DVBViewer is associated with a Media Server on the same PC, it checks if the Media Server is running before trying to connect to it and waiting for a response, thus accelerating the DVBViewer start considerably if the Media Server is offline. Same applies to RTSP Network Devices associated with the local Media Server. Initialization fails immediately if the Server is not running.
Added: Media Server Options: Checkbox “Download channel logos from the server”. It enables DVBViewer to request channel logos from an associated Media Server, so they don't have to be installed on the client PC. They are downloaded on demand. Requires the DVBViewer Media Server 3.0.4 or later! Please note that in this case logo assignments cannot be changed on Options ? Channel Logos. It has to be done in the Media Server options.
Fix: Media Server Options: Possible crash caused by the server detection when leaving the Options ? DVBViewer Media Server Page, particularly if it was entered a very short time before.
Updated: DVBViewer Filter to version 3.9.5. The default buffer size has been doubled generally for fixing HEVC / UHD playback issues. If still required the buffer size for HEVC playback can be set independently from the host application by tweaking the file DVBSource.ini (see configuration folder) and adding a line HEVCBufferSize=xxx in the [Params] section, where xxx is the buffer size in KB. In extreme cases a size greater than the default size may be required for 4k HEVC playbackr, e.g. 1024 = 1 MB (see here).
Updated: Default Channel and Transponder Lists.
- Release Date: Jul 19, 2017
- Change: General: Default configuration files including the transponder lists shipped with DVBViewer are not stored in the installation folder anymore, but in the Default sub-directory.
- Change: Main Window: When the DVBViewer main window is restored from the minimized state all other minimized DVBViewer windows are also restored. Previously each window had to be restored separately.
- Added: File Playback: Jumping to the previous/next chapter, if a MKV file contains chapter markers.
- Added: File Playback: Tweak “Use chapters for Previous/Next actions” (see Tweaker.exe). Applies to DVD and MKV playback, provided chapter markers are present. Enables jumping to chapters instead of 1 minute back/forward. The default is “on”.
- Change: File Playback: The default playback method for DVBViewer Media Server recordings from another PC is now “Media Server Streaming” except for recordings with UNC path (also see “Method for playing remote recordings” setting in Tweaker.exe). Streaming allows DVBViewer to access the recordings without network shares.
- Fix: Teletext Window: Teletext pages saved as .bmp or .png were rendered with too large characters overlapping each other if the Windows text size was greater than 100% (see here).
- Added: Teletext Window: Tweak “Width of saved teletext images” (see Tweaker.exe) for specifying the width of teletext images saved as .png or .bmp in pixels. The height is scaled accordingly.
- Change: Channel Logos: Enhanced handling that uses less memory. Please note: On next channel logo access the file ChannelLogos.ini (containing logo → channel assignments) is converted to a more efficient format and stored as ChannelLogos2.ini.
- Added: Channel Logo Options: New “Default Logo” context menu item that resets the selected logo → channel assignment to its default. It does the same as the Reset button, but for a single entry.
- Fix: Channel Logo Options: Cancel did not undo changed logo → channel assignments.
- Fix: Timer Recording Window: After opening the Window the currently played channel was assigned to the channel field in the input area, not the channel of the selected timer recording (see here).
- Fix: EPG Window: The timeline view was restricted to displaying the EPG only one week ahead (see here). The keyboard shortcut for opening the Timer Recording Window did not work correctly. It is now Ctrl+M.
- Fix: OSD: The OSD menu timeout set on Options → OSD General did not work anymore (since 6.0.2, see here).
- Fix: Actions: Missing entries in the file actions.ini (see installation directory), particularly “Video Window 1” and “Radio Window”. The former “Hide All” entry has been renamed to “Video Window 2” (see here).
- Fix: Hardware: DVB Tuner allocation did not work correctly in case of competing access to hybrid tuners and tuners that were configured for “Shared LNB”. They were used simultaneously though they shouldn't. (since 6.0.2).
- Fix: COM Interface: Deleting favorites with the RemoveFavorite function did not work correctly (see here).
- Change: TS Stream: Enhanced Handling of relative paths in URLs. Required for playing certain HLS streams.
- Updated: Default channel lists for internet TV / Radio in \Default\Channels\.directory.
- Release Date: Apr 20, 2017
- Fix: Main Window: Under Windows 8 and 10 the control bar disappeared completely or turned into a small button when it was visible while the main window was minimized and restored (particularly in DVBViewer 6.0.0 radio window mode).
- Change: Main Window: Restoring the minimized main window under Windows 8 and 10 now also restores all other open DVBViewer windows (like under Windows 7). Previously each window had to be restored separately.
- Fix: Main Window: On DVBViewer start the main window always appeared on the primary monitor, not where it was previously closed, when Options → General → Start in full screen mode was switched on.
- Fix: OSD: Creating thumbnails for movie folders (in htpcHome → Movies) did not work correctly. Possibly the content of Images ThumbsVideosTitle in the Configuration Folder must be deleted to force image recreation.
- Fix: COM Interface: EPG-related bugs affecting add-ons, particularly EPGPlus and Zappi.
- Fix: Subtitle Options: “Enable if available” (supposed to let DVBViewer automatically display subtitles if available for the selected languages) did not work anymore.
- Fix: Channel Editor: The import open dialog did not offer M3U as file type.
- Fix: RTSP Device: DVBViewer did not respond correctly to forced channel switching signaled by the DVBViewer Media Server, e.g. when a timer recording starts in the Media Server requiring a device that currently is used for playback in a DVBViewer client).
- Release Date: Apr 13, 2017
Change Log DVBViewer Pro 6.0.0
Please take note of the following important changes before installing DVBViewer Pro 6.0:
Removed: Unicast Network Device: This out-dated way of connecting to the Recording Service is not available anymore. Its functionality is now fully covered by RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Devices that can be used as replacement. If Unicast Network Devices are essential for some reason please stay with Recording Service 1.33.2 beta and DVBViewer Pro 5.6.4.
Updated: Key Tool (KeyTool.exe) to version 1.1. It allows to order a Media Server license (more about it here) and to enter the password that you will receive after having purchased it.
Added: Channel List: DVBViewer Pro 6.0 provides an easy way to try the new streaming capabilities that allow to store Internet TV/Radio channels in the channel list.
Click TV/Radio → Reception Settings in the main menu.
Select “TS Stream” in the list of available reception types.
Click the Load Channel List button and select one of the sample lists from the drop-down menu.
Please note that the channels contained in German (ger) channel lists may not be receivable outside of Germany due to geo-blocking. In other countries you may rather want to try the international (int) lists. Please also note that URLs of channels belonging to the new TS Stream (Live Stream) tuner type are stored in an additional file ChannelsURL.ini that is located in the configuration folder. A backup or copy of a channel list containing TS Stream entries requires saving the files channels.dat and ChannelsURL.ini together. Without the additional file or after loading/saving the file channels.dat with previous DVBViewer Pro / Recording Service versions all TS Stream channel list entries are lost!
The new feature is only usable with DVBViewer Pro 6.0 (stand alone) or in combination with the DVBViewer Media Server 2.0 and later. Please take care that a channel list containing TS Stream entries is not accessed by older DVBViewer Pro / Recording Service versions.
If you are using Xepg for importing EPG data, please update to Xepg 0.7.0.0 that complies with the changed EPG handling in DVBViewer Pro 6.0 / DVBViewer Media Server 2.0 and supports assigning EPG data to internet channels belonging to the new TS Stream tuner type. Please note that Xepg 0.7.0.0 must not be used with older Recording Service / DVBViewer versions (and older Xepg versions not with DVBViewer Pro 6.0 / Media Server 2.0).
Since it is not possible to describe all aspects of the new TS Stream tuner type in the following log, a series of articles dealing with the details will soon be published in the forum.
Added: Streaming: Handling of URL based entries in the channel list, provided the source delivers a transport stream (TS) or something that DVBViewer can convert to a transport stream (“TS Stream” tuner type). The “Channel List” section (see below) describes how such channels can be added to the channel list. The following stream / URL types are supported:
HTTP carrying a transport stream, as for example used by broadcasters providing TV streams via HbbTV.
HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) based on M3U8 playlists and transport stream segments. This format has been introduced by Apple and is frequently used for Internet TV. AES 128 encrypted streams are supported if the provider allows to access the key.
UDP/RTP multicast and unicast carrying a transport stream, similar to DVB IPTV as already supported by previous DVBViewer versions. Multicast URLs may specify a source IP and the IP of the local network adapter (NIC) in the following way: rtp://[Source-IP@]Multicast-IP:Port[/Adapter-IP]. The parts in square brackets are optional.
RTSP carrying a Sat>IP compliant transport stream letting DVBViewer work as a Sat>IP thin client that uses static RTSP URLs as provided by a some Sat>IP servers as M3U playlist (e.g. by the DVBViewer Media Server as RTSP channel list). However, Sat>IP with a virtual RTSP Network Device should be preferred, if possible, since it is more effective.
HTTP containing AAC or MP3 audio (internet radio). Internally the streams are converted to transport streams. Metadata like artist and title appears as EPG data, if available.
Paths of local TS, MP2, MP3 and AAC files which are handled “as if broadcasted live”.
Change: Stream/URL Playback: The handling/playback of URLs originating from Playback → Open URL, Playback → Open UPnP, from the playlist and other sources has been reworked and enhanced in the following way:
Everything that is detected as live stream containing a transport stream or MP3/AAC audio (like HLS and internet radio) is played as channel, including the possibility to use recording, timeshift and PiP. However, there are drawbacks resulting from such streams not being contained in the channel list. So the URLs should rather be added as TS Stream tuner type entries to the channel list.
All URLs referencing a remote file with a media format that the DVBViewer Filter can cope with are played by using it. This includes the capability to handle growing files correctly (particularly ongoing recordings).
All URLs referencing a remote file originating from HbbTV (mostly MP4) are handled by the VOD Source Filter. It has been reworked for this purpose and preferably cooperates with the LAV Splitter for playback. Please make sure that the LAV Filters are installed.
All URLs not covered by the points above are handled by the LAV Source Filter, if available (recommended), otherwise by standard Windows DirectShow mechanisms.
Added: Stream/URL Playback: Support for HTTPS live streams (see first point above). For this purpose the OpenSSL files libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll are installed.
Added: Stream/URL Playback: URLs can now be passed as command line parameters to DVBViewer (in the same way as file paths).
Added: Hardware Options: Possibility to add virtual TS Stream Devices to the device list in order to change the default settings. By default TS stream devices are created dynamically on demand without showing up in the device list. Furthermore, in order to save network bandwidth, DVBViewer only creates new TS Stream devices dynamically if there is no alternative like taking the device away from a lower priority task for a high priority task. So if you don't want a TS Stream timer recording to stop playback of a different TS Stream, just add enough TS Stream devices to the device list. DVBViewer regards them as “available in any case”.
Added: Hardware Options: Settings dialog for virtual TS Stream Devices. It allows to specify the connection timeout and receive buffer size, the amount of pre-read data (before playback starts), a “per device” HLS data rate limitation and the network interface card / adapter over which UDP / RTP streams shall be received.
Added: Channel Editor: Import (also by drag & drop) and export of M3U playlists containing TS Stream URLs. DVBViewer supports reading / storing the category of the channels in a format used by the Kodi IPTV Simple Client add-on. Please note that in case of M3U imports DVBViewer does not know the type of the contained streams, particularly whether they are video or audio streams. You may preselect whether they are imported as video or audio by selecting a video or audio node (or one of their sub-nodes) before importing the file. Wrongly assigned channels are automatically moved to the matching category when they are played for the first time.
Added: Channel Editor: Export of DVB IPTV channels as M3U channel list, so they can be re-imported as TS Stream channels for conversion (see above). The new TS Stream tuner type integrates DVB IPTV (which was already supported by previous DVBViewer versions) and provides a more convenient handling.
Added: Channel Editor: Means for manually adding / editing TS Stream channel list entries (including their URLs): For new TS Stream entries click New → TS Stream on the Channel Data page. Enter the address and the channel name and click Add. All other data is detected automatically when the channel is played for the first time.
Added: Channel Editor: Special streaming settings and functions on the Channel Data page if a TS Stream entry is selected:
Channel Name button: Only applies to internet radio. Automatically detects the channel name belonging to a given address and copies it to the name input field if the channel provides Shoutcast metadata.
Direct Address button: Applies to internet radio and simple HTTP streams containing a transport stream. Detects the direct stream address without redirections or playlist references and copies it to the address input field. The direct stream address speeds up channel switching.
Remove clock reference / Ignore PTS discontinuities checkboxes: Applies to HLS and simple HTTP streams containing a transport stream. May help to fix issues caused by wrong time stamps in the stream.
Time Offset input field: Applies to HLS. Some channels allow to “timeshift” streams to the past. The Time Offset input field enables creating channel list entries like “ZDF 30 minutes ago”. Please note that in case of HLS playback the main window control bar shows the current position in / the total duration of the timeshift buffer provided by the HLS server. However, if DVBViewer timeshift is active the control bar shows the values resulting from the DVBViewer timeshift buffer.
Max. Rate input field: Applies to HLS. Some channels allow to select streams with different data rates affecting the video resolution and quality. The Max. Rate input fields enables to limit the data rate. It lets DVBViewer select a stream with a data rate below the specified value, if possible. The default is 0 (= unlimited, highest possible quality). Please note that the hardware options → TS Stream Device settings provide a “per device” HLS data rate limitation that is superseded by the per channel setting if not zero.
Added: Channel Search: Possibility to perform a TS Stream channel search based on M3U lists that are handled as transponder lists if they are stored in the Transponders sub-directory of the configuration folder. In contrast to direct M3U import (see above) scanning only adds working entries to the channel list, saves the auto-detection of channel data on first tuning and assigns the channels to the correct video/audio category.
Fix: Channel Search: The channel search did not detect DVB-T2 and sub-streams (MPLP) correctly with DVB-T devices that support auto-detection (e.g. Digital Devices, DVBSky).
Added: Channel Search: Transliteration of channel and provider names with Cyrillic and Greek letters to Latin if the local character set does not contain such letters (since the channel list does not use Unicode yet, see here).
Change: Channel Search: Duplicate BBC channels appearing on Astra 28° East without assigned Freesat EPG and MHEG5 are dropped automatically.
Added: Channel Editor: The per-category settings (if a category is selected) can now be applied to a multi-selection of categories. The same applies to the “Set Channel Group” sub-menu in the context menu of the tree view.
Changed: Channel Editor: The “New DVB-S” button on the Reception Settings page has been replaced by a permanent generic DVB-S entry in the list of the available reception types (provided a DVB-S device is present). It can be used to define a new DVB-S reception type for another satellite position.
Added; Channel Editor: “Load Channel List” button on the Reception Settings page. It allows to select and load one of the DVBViewer default channel lists if available for the selected reception type (Astra 19/23/28° East and Hotbird 13° East for DVB-S, additionally Internet TV/Radio for the TS Stream reception type). Please note: DiSEqC should be set up correctly if necessary before loading a satellite channel list because it is adjusted to the DiSEqC settings.
Change/Added: Channel List Window: The former buttons have been replaced by a tool bar providing the following functions: “Channel Editor”, “Last Channel”, “Add to Favourites”, “Only Favourites on/off”, “Only TV on/off”, “Only Radio on/off”, thus making the main filter functions more accessible. The change also applies to the popup channel list in the main window and the channel lists embedded in the EPG- and the Timer Recordings window.
Added: Media Server Options: “Download Channels Now” button for getting the channel list from a remote DVBViewer Media Server (including channels.dat, ChannelsURL.ini and DiSEqC.xml). It can be undone with the Reload function in the Channel editor.
Main Window & OSD
Change/Added: Main Window: The handling of the Main Window views (“Hide All”, Full Screen”...) has been completely reorganized and enhanced in several respects. Each active view can be configured independently from the others with the options in the lower menu part (if available for the view) and the window position and size. Clicking the currently active view lets DVBViewer return to the previous view.
Change: Main Window: The “View → Hide All” menu item has been renamed to “Video Window 2”. By default it looks like the former “Hide All” view (without title-, menu-, tool- and status bar), but can be configured independently from the normal view, which means, it can be equipped with the mentioned bars.
Added: Main Window: “View → Video Window 1” menu item. It switches over to the “normal” view that by default contains a title-, menu-, tool- and status bar. However, this view can also be configured in different ways.
Added: Main Window: “View → Radio Window”. Enables to manually switch over to the radio view that hides the video area (even if TV or a video is played). Previously is was only available via “Options → TV/Radio → Hide video display area on audio only playback” letting DVBViewer switch to it automatically. Additionally the Radio Window now permanently displays the Main Window Control Bar for navigation.
Added: Main Window: “View → Show Frame” menu item that hides / shows the frame of Video Window 1/2. Please note that even in “frame off” mode some Windows versions still shows a (thinner) frame if the title bar is visible. Since Windows does not allow to resize a Window in “frame off” mode, DVBViewer automatically switches the frame on while the mouse cursor is close to the window border.
Added: OSD: The (internet) radio text OSD (see Options → TV/Radio → Show radio text) can now occupy up to three lines, so that long text is not cut off anymore. If no radio text is available it displays the EPG title of the current program or at least the channel name. In case of internet radio the Radio Text OSD shows metadata like artist and title. Internally the metadata is converted to EPG data and can also be viewed in the EPG window.
Fix: File Playback: Unicode subtitles from SRT files were not displayed correctly.
Change: MHEG5/HbbTV: The main window control bar is now usable while MHEG or HbbTV is active, thus enabling to jump / seek with the mouse in HbbTV videos.
Change/Fix: HbbTV: Measures for speeding up navigation in HbbTV pages, various fixes and enhancements.
Fix: Movie Thumbnails: The function for generating video thumbnails was not able to create thumbnails from some important video formats and tended to crash if it was canceled. The resulting thumbnail files could not be processed in the OSD. Please note: It is recommendable to delete all old files in the Configuration FolderImagesThumbsVideosTitle sub-directory.
Change: Movie Thumbnails Creation / Mosaic Preview: A considerable speed-up of both functions due to optimization. The maximum video thumbnail width/height has been increased from 128 to 256 pixels.
Removed: Movie Options: “Movie Thumbs” page including the faulty generation of movie thumbnails for selected directories. The thumbnails are now created automatically on demand if the corresponding option is switched on (see below).
Added: Movie Options: The “Movies” page now contains a “Create Thumbnails” checkbox that switches the automatic on-demand creation of video thumbnails on/off. The default is “off”. Additionally a “From Position” input field allows to specify from which file position (in seconds from the beginning) the thumbnail shall be taken. Please note: Thumbnail creation now requires the LAV Filters to be installed!
Change: Channel Editor/EPG: Previously the EPG settings in the channel editor specified which EPG types (DVB/MHW/External) are accepted and stored for a channel. Now all arriving EPG data is stored and the settings decide which EPG type is displayed for a channel, allowing to switch between them. Data from different sources for the same channel can coexist in the EPG data base without being mixed up or overwritten. If more than one EPG type is allowed and available for a channel, DVBViewer prefers external (imported) EPG data over MediaHighway data over DVB data.
Removed/Change: EPG Options: The three checkboxes “Receive standard / MediaHighway / Freesat EPG data” have been removed. EPG reception is now always enabled, particularly Freesat EPG reception if the orbital position of satellite channels is 28.2° East (previously switched off by default). Additionally the “MHW/Freesat” page (allowing to enter frequencies on which MediaHighway and high speed Freesat EPG is broadcasted) has been merged with the main EPG page.
Change/Fix: EPG Handling: General restructuring of EPG related code, including support for the import of external EPG data from Xepg for TS Stream channels. Some problems and inconsistencies have been fixed.
Fix: EPG Window: Parts of the EPG timeline were not scaled according to the Windows text size. On program controlled tab changes (not directly triggered by the user) the content of the filter drop-down list was not adjusted to the active tab.
Fix: EPG Import: The EPG import from the Recording Service after waking up from sleep mode / hibernate tended to fail due to network adapters not being ready at this early stage. It is now performed after a delay of 30 seconds (see here). Additionally the import is now performed in the background in order to prevent the UI from freezing for several seconds due to waiting if the server is unreachable.
Added: RTSP Device: CAM menu display for virtual RTSP devices. Requires DVBViewer Media Server 2.0 or later. For accessing TV/Radio → CAM Menu “Has CI module” must be checked for the RTSP device (see Options → Hardware), playback using this device must be active in the main window and a DVB device with CI/CAM must be associated with it on the server side.
Added: RTSP Device: Tweak for letting the RTSP Device send a complete DVB-T parameter set to a Sat>IP server including some fake values, in order to formally comply with the specifications. (see here, (2)). The tweak can be added to RTSP Network Device sections in the file hardware.xml:
Fix: CI Handling: Tuning an unencrypted channel could stop or disturb decryption of another channel from the same transponder and spoil an ongoing recording of this channel (particularly concerning DVBSky and FireDTV).
Fix: Hardware: Windows messages reporting the arrival or removal of a DVB USB device did not update the executable state of recording timers.
Added: Hardware: DVB-T2 and sub-stream (MPLP) detection for EMPIA based DVB-T2 devices (e.g. Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD, dualHD and PCTV triplestick).
Fix: Hardware: The Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD, dualHD and PCTV triplestick hybrid tuners were erroneously regarded as USB 1.1 devices that are not able to deliver more than one TV channel at the same time. Please note: A new device detection must be performed on Options → Hardware to fix this issue.
Fix: Hardware: DiSEqC with Sundtek DVB-S2 sticks did not work. Please note: A new device detection must be performed on Options → Hardware to fix this issue.
Updated: Hardware Database.
Change: Recorder: Parts of the recorder have been restructured. Recordings are now started after reading the broadcasted service information, thus making it unnecessary to split and restart recording immediately due to channel data changes.
Change: Scaling: Resizer.exe and DVBViewer.exe now support user defined window and font size scaling up to 300%.
Fix: COM Interface: After registering a COM event handler the action ID 16382 for minimizing DVBViewer did not work anymore (see here).
Fix: DVBViewer Media Server Options: After being opened the page did not display the currently selected Media Server, but the first Media Server that was found in the network, which could be misleading.
Updated: DVBViewer Filter (DVBSource) to version 3.9.4.
Added: Playback: Support for HEVC playback with the Lentoid Decoder. Please note: Requires DVBViewer Filter 3.9.4. The measures are optimized for German DVB-T2 (HEVC Full HD 50 fps). They enlarge the buffer size in the DVBViewer Filter so that it exceeds the maximum video PES packet size. Otherwise artifacts may occur. This special size can be tweaked in the file DVBSource.ini (see configuration folder) by adding an entry BufferSize=... in KB to the [Params] section. The default is 320. Increasing the value further for UHD may cause a very high memory consumption, particularly if playback is too slow so that the DVBViewer Filter uses up to 1000 buffers of this size.
- Release Date: Jul 12, 2016
- Fix: Main Window: In case of new installations and installations in which no changes on Settings -> Options -> TV/Radio had been performed yet the "Channel Plus/Minus" and "Favourite Plus/Minus" buttons in the DVBViewer main window tool bar unintentionally opened the OSD EPG display ("Mini EPG"), requiring to press [Enter] for channel switching to take place.
- Fix: Channel Editor: In case of DVB IPTV clicking Apply on the channel data page of the channel editor stored wrong data preventing further reception of the channel.
- Fix: Channel Editor: A change of a satellite frequency on the channel data page of the channel editor did not adjust the LOF and 22 kHz signal settings accordingly.
- Fix: HbbTV: Under certain circumstances redirections were not handled correctly yet.
- Release Date: Jul 5, 2016
- Change: HbbTV: The ce-html and HbbTV web page loading algorithm has been completely rewritten.
- Added: HbbTV: Tweak “Automatic color key detection for HbbTV” (see Tweaker.exe). It activates an algorithm that determines if a color key is necessary. Auto-detection may help if DVBViewer does not show the expected HbbTV content, e.g. a background picture instead of foreground video.
- Fix: Main Window /OSD: Channel switching and/or the Mini EPG OSD did not work correctly with certain combinations of settings (particularly Options → EPG Options → Show EPG Info on channel change, TV/Radio → Browse in MiniEPG, TV/Radio → Channel plus/minus switching delay).
- Fix: OSD: An OSD-embedded video window did not work correctly in EVR Custom mode with DXVA scaling switched on when the chain of playback components was (re)built while the OSD was visible. It caused the video to be stretched to the whole video area, thus hiding the OSD.
- Fix/Change: OSD Options: The OSD pages in the Options have been reworked and reorganized (including the corresponding English and German language file sections). Some flaws have been fixed. All mouse related OSD settings are now located on a new OSD Mouse page that replaces the former OSD Appearance page. Appearance related settings have been moved to the OSD General page.
- Removed: OSD Tweaks: The tweaks “Auto-close OSD channel list”, “Auto-close OSD recording list” and “Auto-close OSD EPG window” are no more available. They are now covered by Options → OSD General → Close OSD on video and TV playback start / Close OSD on audio and radio playback start with extended functionality. Please note that these options only apply to playback started on OSD pages.
- Fix/Change: Options: The Shutdown and Subtitles page have been reworked (including the corresponding English language file sections), some flaws have been fixed.
- Fix: Channel Editor: The F10 keyboard shortcut for “Main Audio Track” function did not work and has been replaced by F8.
- Fix: General: Icon scaling produced ugly results if the screen was set to another color depth than 32 bit.
- Added: Recorder Log: Three additional lines in the recorder log (timer name, intended end time, timer options). Teletext and DVB subtitle streams are also logged now.
- Fix: Recorder Log: In some countries the recorder wrongly used the 12 hour format for logging the duration.
- Fix: Recorder: Corrections concerning the PMT handling. After detecting a wrong PMT PID the recorder did not record the correct one (applies to TS recordings with auto-split switched off). If the “Adjusted PAT/PMT” option was switched on the first PMT in the recording did not indicate all audio streams, causing problems with other software. The PMT was not adjusted if the PMT PID in the channel list was initially 0. No PAT/PMT was written in case of a wrong Service ID.
- Added: Recording Service Options: Tweak “Method for playing remote recordings” (see Tweaker.exe). It can be used if DVBViewer is configured as client of a Recording Service running on another PC and Options -> Recording Service -> Connect to recording list is switched on. The tweak allows DVBViewer to play remote recordings by means of streaming, so that no network shares and UNC paths are required. There are three possible values: 0 = network shares/UNC path (streaming off, default), 1 = media server streaming, 2 = web server streaming (only Recording Service 1.33 or later).
- Change: Hardware Options: The “Has CI module” checkbox is now enabled for IPTV network devices.
- Change: CI Handling: General CI handling enhancements. Inducing decryption does not require a valid PMT PID in the channel list anymore (missing in channels that were scanned while being inactive), thus saving a retune with the corrected PMT PID. Additionally the internal CI handling is not executed uselessly anymore if a required vendor-specific DLL is missing. Some more exceptions are caught and logged.
- Added: File Playback: Tweak “Search Depth in MB” (see Tweaker.exe). Applies to file playback with the DVBViewer Filter. The search depth specifies how many MBs DVBViewer analyzes before playing an MPG or TS file in order to detect the contained streams and the video/audio format. Increasing the value may help if streams are not found, but also increases the time that is needed for analysis.
- Release Date: Apr 3, 2016
- Fix: Mosaic View: The Mosaic View did not apply the Options → OSD Appearance → Overscan Adjustment settings correctly and displayed the pictures with a wrong aspect ratio (depending on the OS aspect ratio).
- Fix: Zoom Settings: The effect of “Stretch vertically up/down” was swapped throughout DVBViewer, including Settings → Zoom, OSD → System → Settings → Zoom and the corresponding actions.
- Change: Zoom Settings: The handling of the Zoom Setting has been reworked and simplified; several inconsistencies have been fixed. DVBViewer now uses only one set of zoom settings for all aspect ratios, not two separate sets for 4:3 and 16:9 anymore. You may revert to the previous behavior by activating the tweak “Separate zoom settings for 4:3 and 16:9” (see Tweaker.exe).
- Fix: DiSEqC: The Preset Position setting was reset to 0 on each (re-)loading of the channel list (channels.dat) and each DVBViewer start..
- Fix: Channel Editor: The additional input elements for the DiSEqC settings “Preset Position”, “Angular Position” and “Extended” were not shown anymore after re-opening the Reception Settings Page.
- Fix: UPnP Window: On a Windows text size of more than 100% the column widths in the Playback → UPnP Window became wider each time when the window was opened, up to a limit of 10000 pixel. In order to fix this issue DVBViewer Pro 5.6.2 resets the column settings to their default when it is launched for the first time.
- Added: Hardware Database: Consideration of (known) DVB-C devices requiring the symbol rate to be multiplied by 1000 before it is passed to the driver. “Scan Devices” automatically adds the SRx1000 flag to the hardware settings in this case.
- Fix: Recorder: Recording all audio channels as TS did not work anymore (in version 5.6.0).
- Fix: EVR / Custom EVR: Issues caused by wrong EVR Video Processor handling if the corresponding tweak was switched on. The default is now “off”.
- Change: Channel Search: After a channel search the Channel Editor automatically selects and shows the first found new channel.
- Fix: Channel Numbering: Under certain conditions the favorite number was not displayed correctly in “Favorites based OSD navigation” mode.
- Fix: Channel Numbering: The status bar still displayed a zero-based channel number if the “One based channel and favorites numbering” tweak was switched on.
- Fix: OSD: After opening the EPG details from the Mini EPG with OSD Green/Yellow and performing OSD Back the last state of the Mini EPG was not restored.
- Fix: OSD: Assigning channel logos to channels failed in certain cases (particularly concerning audio track sub-entries).
- Fix: OSD: Browsing left/right in the Mini EPG only worked for the current (played) channel, not after browsing up/down.
- Added: Main Window: “Hide mouse cursor” tweak (see Tweaker.exe) specifying when the mouse cursor gets hidden in the video area: 0 = never, 1 = only in full screen mode (default), 2 = always (tweak already available in 5.6.0 release).
- Added: Main Window: New menu item View → Windows Size → Source Resolution plus a corresponding action. It adjusts the size of the main window so that TV or a video is displayed in its original resolution. In case of anamorphic video (non-square pixels) DVBViewer preserves the aspect ratio and adjusts the window size either to the horizontal or to the vertical source resolution (depending on the tweak “Best window size by only changing the height”).
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2016
Channel and Favorites Editor
- In the channel list multi-selection is restricted to items belonging to the same level, so a selection cannot contain categories besides channels. Additionally the items (except root nodes) must be located in the same Video or Audio folder, so a selection cannot contain TV and Radio channels or items from different root folders.
- In the favorites list multi-selection is restricted to items of the same type, so a selection cannot contain categories and channels. However, a selection may contain channels from different levels, which means, channels outside and inside of categories.
Added: Channel Editor: Cut, Copy and Paste functions for moving or copying (multi-)selected channel list or favorite items to another location. The functions are available in the context menu of the channel / favorites editor or by using the standard keys Ctrl + X/C/V. Please note that DVBViewer does not use the standard Windows clipboard in this case, but a file in the Windows temp folder that even survives a reboot. Cut, Copy and Paste may serve the following purpose:
- Moving channels or categories within the channel list or favorites list by using Cut and Paste (as keyboard substitute for drag & drop).
- Copying channels or categories from the channel list to the favorites list (as keyboard substitute for drag & drop).
- Copying channels or favorites from or to other DVBViewer instances resp. installations on the same PC (particularly DVBViewer GE). Please note that favorites can only be copied to favorite lists, not to channel lists.
- Copying scan results from the TransEdit Scanner Window to the DVBViewer channel list by using “Copy to clipboard” in the Scanner Window context menu or Ctrl + C. TransEdit exports a mixture of channels from different transponders as category folders and a mixture of TV and Radio channels as root folder, which are inserted as such (including their content, of course) in the DVBViewer channel list. Only channels of the same type (TV or Radio) from the same transponder (frequency) are copied as pure channels.
Please note the following restrictions:
- The favorites editor actively prevents duplicates, so it does not make sense to use Copy and Paste within the favorites. After drag & drop or copy & paste of channels to the favorites a message box informs about how many of the selected channels were rejected because they are already present in the favorites list.
- Favorites only work if they are also present in the channel list (the favorites list is a subset of the channel list), so it is no good idea to use Cut and Paste for moving channels from the channel list to the favorites. It may result in data loss since it is not possible to to move/copy channels from the favorites back to the channel list.
Added: Channel Editor: “Sort Alphabetically” function in the context menu of the channel editor (Ctrl + O). Sorts the categories contained in the selected video/audio folder or the channels contained in the selected category folder(s) in alphabetical order. Please note that this kind of sorting changes the channel list permanently, unlike the sort functions in the channel list (without editor) that only influence how the channel list is displayed.
Added: Channel Editor: Context sensitive help function for the different editor pages. Please use the question mark tool button or F1 to open the corresponding Wiki page in your browser.
Change: Channel Editor: The auto-expand delay for drag & drop has been increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
Added: Channel Editor: “New” Button on the channel data page. It opens a pop-up menu allowing to select the tuner type for new channel data that can be entered on a page where all parameters are blank resp. set to zero.
Fix: Channel Editor: File names containing a dot were cut off at this position on export.
Change: Favorites Editor: New icons for the favorites indicating the tuner type (DVB-S/T/C) and if the channel is encrypted. Please note: A red cross indicates that no matching channel can be found for this favorite. Additionally it is disabled in the Favorite Menu and skipped on Favorite Plus/Minus. To make it work again such a favorite must be recreated, or the missing channel must be added again to the channel list.
The channel ID based assignment of favorites to channels is handled more strictly than before. A maximum of one deviating Channel ID attribute is accepted (and subsequently corrected). Otherwise the favorite is regarded as “not assignable”. However, a new internal favorite auto-update function continuously synchronizes the favorites with channel ID changes while DVBViewer is running. For example if a channel is renamed, the associated favorite is renamed in the same way. This measure avoids broken links between favorites and the corresponding channels.
Reception Settings and Channel Search
Removed: Channel Editor: Satellite reception settings like DiSEqC, LOF and Tone cannot be set up per folder or channel anymore. They are only displayed as information on the channel data page. Please use the new Reception Settings page to configure reception of a satellite position (see below).
Added: Channel Editor: Clicking the gear wheel tool button opens a new Reception Settings page. The list on the left shows the available reception types (depending on the available tuner types). The list on the right shows the available transponder resp. frequency lists for the selected reception type. They are required for a channel search.
The Update Button updates both lists after changes in the hardware configuration, channel list or the transponder list directory. The “New DVB-S” Button creates a new satellite reception type item. It becomes permanent after selecting a transponder list for it and performing a channel search. The Transponder List Directory link opens an Explorer window showing the files in the transponder list directory.
The settings section allows to change the name of the selected transponder list and to set up DiSEqC and the LNB type for satellite reception. Clicking Apply updates the selected transponder list and all channels belonging to the selected reception type accordingly. Additionally Apply creates a permanent link between the reception type and the transponder list so it only has to be set up once for a channel search.
Please note that each satellite position is regarded as a separate reception type. Internally it is identified by its orbital position originating from the transponder list that has been used for scanning. However, if channel list entries are very old or have been created by a scan without transponder list, no orbital position may be assigned to them. They will let a “DVB-S 0°” item appear in the reception type list. Please select a matching transponder list for this item and click Apply to prevent issues that may result from missing orbital position assignments.
Change: Channel Search: The Channel Search Window has been integrated in the Channel Editor. It does not lock the DVBViewer UI anymore, that now remains accessible while a channel search is going on. The scanner engine and UI has been adopted from the DVBViewer GE scanner, entailing several fixes and updates, including new options, correct handling of DVB-T2 transponders, scanning for DVB-T2 MPLP sub-streams with appropriate hardware (Digital Devices, DVBSky) and the possibility to scan DVB IPTV lists (as for T-Entertain, INI and M3U format supported).
Please note that the new scanner engine does not support “blind scans” without transponder list anymore. A transponder list is now mandatory for scanning. If the Reception Settings Page does not offer a matching transponder list for your satellite position, or if it is outdated, please download an according INI file from one of the following web pages
and drag & drop it into the “Transponder Lists” field of the Reception Settings Page. This will store the file in the transponder list directory and make it available in the “Transponder Lists” list box.
Added: Channel Editor / Channel Search: “Scan this Frequency (F10)” item in the channel editor context menu. It is only available if the scanner page is visible, not scanning and a channel with a matching reception type is selected. The command sets the start transponder resp. frequency on the scanner page to the channel's transponder, thus enabling to scan it with “Scan Frequency”.
General Channel Handling
The recorder's auto-update activities do not depend anymore on at least one of the “All Audio Tracks”, “DVB Subtitles” and “Auto-Split” options being switched on. The channel data in the channel list is updated in any case provided the channel is not flagged as “don't update automatically” (see below). Streams are dynamically added to TS recordings in any case if the auto-update function detects that one of the initial PIDs is wrong. Please note that streams cannot be dynamically added or corrected in ongoing MPG and pure audio (e. g. MP2) recordings. They require a restart resp. the auto-split option for being corrected.
Added: Channel Editor: “Don't update automatically” checkbox on the channel data page. It declares a channel as “solely handled manually” and prevents all auto-update and auto-correction, including updates by a channel search, auto-split of recordings on channel data change or adding audio tracks that are not present in the channel list when recording.
“Don't update automatically” may be useful for keeping manual corrections if wrong channel data is broadcasted in service information tables, e. g. causing EPG data not to be assigned to a channel or similar issues. It can also be set / reset per category if a folder is selected. In this case it applies to all contained channels. However, only use this checkbox if inevitable because of the functional restrictions.
Fix: Channel List: Jumbled numbering after performing import, channel search and other functions.
Change: Channel List: The Hide Submenu items in the context menu have been moved to the Filter Submenu and renamed, so that all items are conforming to a “Only *** Channels” scheme.
Change: Channel List: In “Only show favorites” filter mode the channel list now shows the favorites with their original structure and numbering, not as reduced channel list anymore. This applies to all channel list representations in the UI except the channel editor.
Added: Channel List: “Only Channels with H.264/265” filter option in the context menu.
Change: Favorites: The tweak “Favorites based OSD navigation” (see Tweaker.exe) now also swaps the meaning of the number actions, so that Channel0...Channel9 are used for favorite number input and Fav0...Fav9 for channel number input.
Added: Channel Numbering: The “One based favorites numbering” tweak (see Tweaker.exe) now also applies to channel numbering. Please note that the one-based numbering is now switched on by default on new installations resp. installations without keeping the settings.
Added: Channel Numbering: A leading asterisk (*) now indicates that a number displayed in the main window is a favorite number, not a channel number.
Change: Channel List: If there is no channel list (channels.dat) in the configuration directory or if it is empty the default channel list containing channels from the main European satellite positions is only loaded from the installation directory if a DVB-S device is available.
Change: Channel List: If f there is no channel list (channels.dat) in the configuration directory or if it is empty or if the default channel list has been loaded, DVBViewer automatically opens the Channel Editor after being launched, provided DVB devices are available. The Editor shows the Reception Settings page, allowing to select a reception type, to configure it and to perform a channel search.
Main Window / OSD / D3D / MadVR
Added: DirectX Options / MadVR: Checkbox “Low Latency OSD Mode”. Lets the OSD respond faster if MadVR is used as video renderer, but may cause video to become less fluid while the OSD is active.
Added: MadVR: Tweak “Use extended OSD capabilities of recent MadVR versions” (see Tweaker.exe). Lets DVBViewer use the capability of recent MadVR versions to output the OSD in stop/pause resp. still picture mode, thus enabling visual seeking and fast forward/rewind. The default setting is off (for now). Please note: Only use this tweak with MadVR version 0.90.10 or later!
Added: Mouse Options: The Input → Mouse Options contain a new “Ctrl + Mouse Wheel” section. It specifies which function is executed if the mouse wheel is used in the Main Window while the Ctrl key is pressed. Additionally there are two new checkboxes allowing to use the mouse wheel for brightness and contrast adjustment.
Change: Mouse Options: The options for the function of the middle mouse button in the OSD have been moved from Input → Mouse to OSD General.
Added: OSD: The OSD temporarily shows percent values that have been changed by the actions for brightness up/down, contrast up/down etc. and the zoom / stretch actions. This also applies to the mouse wheel (see above).
Added: Mouse Wheel: Channel selection with the mouse wheel now uses the Options → TV/Radio → Channel plus/minus switching delay, so that the Mini EPG can display the channel / favorite that will be selected in advance, provided Options → EPG → Show EPG Info on channel change is switched on.
Fix Mouse Wheel: Mouse wheel messages were processed more than once by the DVBViewer main window under Windows 10 with “scroll inactive windows” configuration, causing the mouse wheel to appear “hypersensitive”.
Fix: General: Windows did not dock gaplessly to the desktop edges or other windows under Windows 10. Please note: This issue cannot be avoided completely since it is caused by the Windows 10 design resp. theme. The visible window dimensions are smaller than the dimensions reported by the Windows API.
Change/Fix: OSD Mosaic Preview: The middle mouse button now executes as intended the “OSD Back” command in the Mosaic Preview, thus closing it.
Fix: UPNP OSD Window: The list was not updated when UPnP servers were added or removed in the network.
Fix: Mini EPG: On channel plus/minus the MiniEPG temporarily displayed the wrong channel if the tweak “Favorites based OSD-Navigation” was active (channel numbers were mistaken as favorite numbers).
Fix: Audio Settings: The checkmark in the Settings → Audio Channel submenu was not updated correctly after a change.
Fix: Visualizations: Visualizations did not work in case of floating point audio decoder output.
Recording / Recording Service / Hardware / Plug-ins
Fix: Recorder: Channels with MPEG video and AC3 or AAC audio were recorded as TS, though MPG was selected as output format.
Change: Recorder / Timeshift Options: The default value for the minimum free disk space has been increased to 300 MB (takes effect on new installations).
Changed: Recording Service Wizard: The handling has been simplified by removing some special settings, that are still available on Options → Hardware and Options → Recording Service, however. After wizard completion the last channel is retuned.
Fix: Recording Service Usage: Under certain circumstances (particularly non-latin character sets) an insufficient character coding could cause garbled descriptions after editing timers and sending them to the Recording Service.
Added: Logging: Logging of DVB device removal in the DVBViewer.log (in debug mode) and the recording log (if an ongoing recording is affected).
Change: RTSP Device: The RTSP Network Device (for Sat>IP) now closes and re-opens the session on tuning if the RTSP server delivered no data within the last two seconds. This allows manual retuning after the network connection has been interrupted.
Change: Plug-ins: The DVBViewer setup does not allow plug-ins anymore to write to the Plugins Directory. Plug-ins should read the configuration directory path from the file UserMode.ini in order to save their data. Please note: If you are still using old / out-dated plug-ins it may be necessary to adjust the access rights for the Plugins Directory manually after the DVBViewer 5.6 installation.
- Release Date: Sep 14, 2015
- Fix: HbbTV: HbbTV video playback did not work (since 5.5.1).
- Fix: Stream Playback: Decoder / Renderer selection for streams in filter graph presets did not work.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: Drag & Drop of channels into empty category folders did not work.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: Wrong numbering of exported INI channel lists, so that the import function only read the first channel.
- Add: Channel List Editor: “Delete Duplicates” item in the context menu. It deletes multiple entries for the same channel except the first one. Audio track sub-items are excluded. Different audio tracks of the same channel that are stored as separate channel entries (not as sub-items) remain untouched.
- Add: TV / Radio Options: Possibility to select if the Popup Channel List shall appear on the right or left side of the main window.
- Change: Main Window: The width of the mouse sensitive area that lets the Popup Channel List appear is scaled according to the window width.
- Fix: Hardware: “Retune on missing stream” was repeated endlessly after Unicable reception failure, even when data arrived again.
- Fix: Hardware: DiSEqC problem with latest Sundtek SkyTV driver.
- Add: Hardware Options: Virtual RTSP (Sat>IP) network devices are displayed in red if no server IP is configured.
- Change: Hardware Options: Adding a virtual RTSP network device, unicast network device or file device automatically opens the corresponding configuration dialog.
- Updated: EPG Window: The file EPG_URLList.ini contains new and corrected EPG Window → Search → Internet popup menu items. In case of an DVBViewer Pro update installation please copy the file from the installation folder to the configuration folder if you want to use it.
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2015
- In Memoriam - Lars Gehre
- Fix/Change: Main Window: Several window state related issues concerning “Hide All” mode, Radio Window etc. The Radio Window is now always shown with title bar, menu bar, tool bar and status bar. These elements cannot be hidden anymore (the variable height caused some unwanted effects). The Radio Window width is now handled and stored independently from the Video Window width...
- Add: General: Scaling of tool button icons and other graphical elements according to the Windows text size settings in the Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Display section (with regard to 4k displays).
- Fix: Playlist Window: The toolbar icons at the lower right were not displayed. Additionally the toolbar icons on the left side were displayed with magenta background if the channel list editor was opened before the playlist (old bug already in 5.1).
- Change/Fix: Stream Playback: Playback of RTSP and RTMP (Flash) URLs is now delegated by default to the LAV Source Filter if installed (previously to the VOD Source Filter that couldn't handle it). Additionally the DVBViewer Playlist now recognizes RTSP and RTMP URLs in .m3u playlist files as URL. Previously they were wrongly treated as local file paths. In combination this enables import and playback of RTSP channel lists (as provided by Sat>IP servers).
- Change/Fix: Stream Playback: Filter graph presets for playing URLs (containing “stream” as condition) took only effect partly. Now it is possible to create presets for certain protocol types by specifying them as pseudo file extensions (e. g. .http), particularly for forcing the usage of a source filter like LAV. Please note that this may prevent playback of HbbTV content that requires a certain user agent.
- Change: General: The “Large Address Awareness Flag” is set again.
- Add: General: Detection of the ATSC E-AC3 stream type.
- Add: Recorder Options: “Scheduler launch attempts” tweak (see Tweaker.exe). Specifies whether the Windows Task Scheduler shall try to launch DVBViewer Pro one time or two times for a scheduled recording. The default is 1.
- Add: Channel Auto Update: DVBViewer now also updates / corrects the Network ID, thus avoiding failure of channel -> EPG data assignment.
- Change: Channel List Editor: The Delete buttons were replaced by a single waste bin tool button.
- Add: Channel List Editor: “New Category” tool button and context menu item. Inserts a category folder at the selected position.
- Add: Channel List Editor: “New Root” context menu item. Adds a root folder to the channel list.
- Add: Channel List Editor: “Default Audio Track” context menu item (F10). Turns the selected audio track sub-entry into the main audio track.
- Change: Channel List Editor: Scan, Edit Favorites and Close buttons replaced by tool buttons.
- Change: Channel List Editor: The current channel resp. audio track played in the main window is displayed in bold (also applies to all channel list views except in the OSD). Previously bold channel names indicated in a faulty way channels that had already been handled by the automatic channel update.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: Incomplete and faulty handling of the “Changed” flag indicating whether the channel list in memory differs from the channel list on disk. The activation / deactivation of the Save and Reload tool button now indicate the current state (also applies to the Favorites Editor resp. favorites list).
- Fix: Channel List Editor: Missing update of the favorites menu in the main window after changes in the Favorite Editor on some occasions.
- Change/Fix: Channel List Editor: Some Icons have been changed / corrected, particularly those of the “New Folder” and “Reload/Undo” tool buttons in the favorites editor.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: The in-place edit box for changing category names showed no text cursor.
- Add: Channel List Editor: In-place edit box for changing channel, category and root names. It is activated by slowly double-clicking an item (aslike in Windows Explorer).
- Add: Channel List Editor: After rebuilding the channel list tree view the editor re-selects the last selected channel instead of displaying the tree in collapsed state. Particularly applies to the “Reload” function and to automatic channel updates.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: The Favorites Editor did not auto-scroll the content of expanded nodes into view.
- Change/Fix: Channel List: General code cleanup and various minor fixes concerning the channel list management. “Same transponder” detection does not require identical DiSEqC settings anymore.
- Change: RTSP Device / Sat>IP: The “Hardware → Retune on missing stream” option now reconnects to the server resp. starts a new session, thus being able to re-establish a lost network connection (previously it only repeated the tune command).
- Fix: Hardware: The TerraTec Connect N3 network tuner was not handled correctly.
- Updated: Tweaker.exe to version 1.0.6. It displays settings that differ from the default in italic. A new Default Button allows to reset the selected setting individually. The former Default Button is now labeled “All Default”. It resets all settings to their default.
- Release Date: Jul 27, 2015
- Change: Hardware: The “Retune on missing stream...” function now ensures that the interval between (!) two tuning processes is at least twice as long as the time needed for tuning, thus preventing DVBViewer from getting completely occupied by repeated tuning.
- Removed: Hardware Options: The device status cannot be set to “Preferred” anymore. Free devices are now allocated solely according to the device list order. The first (topmost) entry has the highest priority.
- Add: Hardware Options: The selected device list entry can be moved up and down by using the shift key plus arrow up/down, thereby influencing its priority.
- Fix: Hardware Options: The Delete button in the DVB File Device settings did not perform any action.
- Add: Hardware Options: Tweak for devices / BDA drivers that expect a symbol rate value multiplied by 1000 (applies specifically to the PCTV 291e/461e DVB-C tuner). The following line has to be added manually in the corresponding section of the file hardware.xml:
- <entry name="SRx1000">1</entry>
- Fix: RTSP Device: The Sat>IP Frontend Tweak (to be added manually in the file hardware.xml) did not work correctly.
- Fix: Unicast Device: Switching between scrambled channels did not work anymore.
- Change/Add: Channel List: The keyboard shortcuts for the filter options are now Ctrl + function keys (previously function keys without Ctrl colliding with standard functions like F1 for help). Shortcuts for other functions have been added (see channel list context menu).
- Fix: Channel List: Adding a favorite via the channel list context menu did not update the favorites menu in the main window.
- Add: Channel List: If the file channels.dat can neither be loaded from the configuration folder nor from the installation folder, DVBViewer tries to load the backup file channels.bak.
- Fix: Channel List Editor: Right-clicking the favorites panel did not select the according entry.
- Fix: Options: In certain cases the Options Window did not show the last selected page when it was re-opened and radio buttons did not show the current settings.
- Fix: Music Options: The “FreeDB Audio CD lookup” checkbox did not activate the Apply button. Under certain circumstances the “Cleanup Database” function caused an access violation, which caused an hourglass cursor to remain active until DVBViewer was restarted.
- Fix: EPG Options: The “Offset to GMT” field in the time zone settings displayed the value as time of day formatted according to the Windows regional settings (e.g. with AM/PM), not as a simple time offset. Selecting “Automatic time zone” did not reset the offset to the standard value.
- Fix: EPG Window: Several language file related issues (@language file authors: requires language file update). The search settings were not stored in the file setup.xml and got lost when DVBViewer was closed. Additionally right-clicking the timeline did not select the according entry.
- Change: OSD: Several default skin pages reworked.
- Fix: OSD: Truncated EPG descriptions of Freesat / Freeview programs.
- Fix: OSD: The caption of the currently played playlist item was invisible in the default (Envy) skin.
- Fix: OSD: After browsing channels in the Mini EPG and closing it, the OSD Main Menu showed the logo of the last Mini EPG channel, not the logo of the currently played channel.
- Fix: OSD: The OSD Menu → htpcHome → UPnP page could let DVBViewer freeze for a long time.
- Fix: OSD: While being shown OSD dialogs prevented UI status updates. Additionally the pop-up channel list did not disappear.
- Change: OSD/Weather: MSN weather has been replaced by OpenWeather and GeoNames.org. Microsoft seems to have abandoned the support for its weather forecast system. Please note: The cities in the weather options need to be updated since the IDs have changed.
- Fix: MHEG-5 / OSD: Some flaws when receiving and displaying BBC MHEG-5 content.
- Fix: General: The support for visually impaired resp. screen readers in the Virtual TreeView component was broken again.
- Add: Recorder: Removing video filler data includes an additional filler data type (adaptation field stuffing).
- Change: Recording Service: DVBViewer only responds to shutdown messages (by showing a confirmation dialog) sent by the Recording Service with which it is associated. Formerly shutdown dialogs for other Recording Service instances in the network showed up, but the Cancel Button had no effect (did not stop shutdown).
- Change: Recording Service: DVBViewer uses the value in Options → General → Shutdown → Shutdown Warning Timeout for the “Recording Service will shutdown” dialog instead of hard-coded 20 seconds. This also allows to disable the dialog completely.
- Fix: Playlist: DVBViewer did not recognize .m3u8 files as playlist and tried to play comments and unknown extended M3U directives (with leading #) as a file.
- Fix: Custom EVR / DVD Playback: Selection changes in DVD menus remained invisible if the Custom EVR was used in combination with certain decoders.
- Release Date: May 30, 2014
Fix: TV Playback: HEVC aspect ratio was not processed correctly.
Fix: Playback: The “Disable AV” state after performing the according action was not handled correctly (applies to 5.3.0 and playback with DVBViewer Filter).
Change: Playback: The stricter graph building method introduced in 5.3.0 now falls back to the more “tolerant” handling of previous versions instead of displaying an error message if an audio decoder cannot be connected. Please note: User DirectX settings are ignored silently in this case. Please check Settings → Filters to see which DirectShow components are actually used by playback.
Add: File Playback: Detection of MP3 in TS files if the audio headers are aligned with the PES packet structure. Applies to playback with the DVBViewer Filter.
Fix: Stream Playback: For some file formats (e.g. .mkv) the decoder and video renderer selected in the DirectX options were not used with VODSource as source filter.
Change: Stream Playback: If the VOD Filter is not registered the LAV Source is used as replacement if installed.
Updated: DVBViewer Filter to version 3.8.1. Fixes issues occurring occasionally if Options → DirectX → DVBViewer Filter → TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection is switched on.
Change: Music Options: Restructured.
Change: FreeDB Options: Removed. FreeDB lookup setting moved to the Music Options, the FreeDB server settings are now available as tweak (see Tweaker.exe).
Change: Recording Service Options: Restructured, prevents useless activation of channel list / favorites list download and Wake On LAN if a local Recording Service instance is selected.
Change: Recording Service Wizard: Prevents useless activation of Wake On LAN if a local Recording Service instance is selected.
Change: Hardware / Recording Service Options: RTSP (SAT>IP) server detection reworked. It is now performed in a separate background thread so that a missing server response cannot block the UI. Also applies to the Recording Service Wizard.
Fix: Recorder: Recording of an inactive / non-existing audio track with "Options -> Recorder -> Auto-split on channel data change" switched on and "All audio tracks" switched off could result in thousands of small files. Now the recorder uses an active audio track in this case.
Fix: Recorder: A timer recording assigned to the Audiorecorder Plugin didn't start in playback off state due to repeated access violations.
Add: IPTV/RTSP Device: RTP packet reordering. It significantly lowers the probability of drop outs resp. discontinuities, particularly when receiving TV/Radio via WLAN.
Change: IPTV Device: The virtual IPTV network device is now based on a different code library and uses much less memory than before.
Add: IPTV/RTSP Device: Two tweaks for virtual IPTV/RTSP network devices in the file hardware.xml:
The RecvBuffer entry specifies the size of the receive buffer in kB. The default is 13560 kB (approx. 13 MB).
The ReorderTimeout entry specifies how many milliseconds DVBViewer waits at maximum for missing RTP packets and meanwhile stores subsequent packets for processing them in correct order. The default is 100 ms.
Change: Main Window: The View → Window Size percentage now refers to the desktop resp. monitor work area, not to the video resolution anymore (which didn't make much sense). The new percent values are 40%, 50%, 60%, 75% and 100%, the latter representing the maximum achievable window size.
Change: Status Bar: Right-clicking it opens the main window context menu (previously disabled). Left-clicking the (textual) format information section opens the DVBViewer Filter property page, if available (previously right-clicking the audio channel icon or signal strength field).
Add: Tray Icon: A left-click minimizes DVBViewer if it is visible. A click with the middle mouse button switches audio off/on (mute).
Fix: OSD: DVBViewer now prevents a second confirmation dialog as Windows message box in addition to an OSD dialog if actions that require confirmation are performed repeatedly. They are ignored as long as an OSD confirmation dialog is visible (which means they are internally answered with “No”).
Fix: OSD: Readability of several default skin (Envy) pages enhanced, missing images on certain HTPC pages added, missing 1088 display fixed.
Fix: HbbTV: The AIT Parser did not read all packets.
Fix: HbbTV: Playback of playlists could cause damaged links filled with parts of previous URLs (a HbbTV broadcast plugin bug worked-around in DVBViewer).
- Release Date: Apr 28, 2014
Change: Menus: General restructuring of the DVBViewer Main Menu. Some menus and menu items were renamed and /or moved to another location. A new Playback Menu was added. The upper part of the Context Menu that appears after right-clicking the main window now exactly mirrors the main menu structure.
Change: Main Menu: Former DVBViewer Menu renamed to TV/Radio. All items that are not TV/Radio related (like "Open Media File") were moved to the new Playback Menu (see below).
Change: Main Menu: Former Channel Menu renamed to Favourites. It only contains favourites now (if present). Other items like "Channel List", "Channel Editor" etc.were moved to the TV/Radio Menu (see above), the Channel Auto Update option to Settings -> Options -> TV/Radio.
Add: Main Menu: New Playback Menu containing playback-related items formerly residing in the DVBViewer Menu and other locations.
Change: Main Menu: DVD submenu removed. Items like "Stop", "Fast Forward", "Next" etc. are now available in the new Playback Menu and also apply to other playback types, not to DVD only.
Change: Main Menu: Playlist Submenu removed, Playlist menu item moved to the new Playback Menu, where it directly opens the Playlist Window. Its toolbar and context menu provide all functions of the former Playlist Submenu.
Change: Main Menu: "Close Graph" moved from View Menu to Playback Menu and renamed to the more comprehensible "Playback Off". The function now works as a toggle. If playback is already switched off, DVBViewer resumes playback of the last channel or file.
Change: Main Menu: "Rebuild Graph" moved from the View Menu to the Playback Menu and renamed to the more comprehensible "Rebuild Playback".
Add: Main Menu: Video Playback Off/On switch in the Playback Menu. Only applies to TV/Radio and file playback with DVBViewer Filter. Allows to disable video playback without stopping audio.
Change: Main Menu: View Menu reduced to user interface related items, thus conforming to the Windows standard. Playback related items were moved to the new Playback Menu (see above), TV/Radio related items like "Picture in Picture", "Mosaic View" and "CAM Menu" to the TV/Radio Menu. The Filters Submenu is now available in the Settings Menu.
Change: Main Menu: View -> Menu Bar and View -> Title Bar items reversed resp. renamed from Hide... to Show... for unification. The actions in the file actions.ini were renamed accordingly (ShowMenu, ShowTitlebar). The action numbers remained unchanged.
Fix: Main Menu: The View -> Show Titlebar setting was not saved when closing DVBViewer.
Fix: Main Menu: If the Recording Service reported an available CI module, the "CAM Menu" menu item was enabled for RTSP devices, though they do not provide such a menu.
Change: Main Menu: Playrate Submenu (only visible on playback without DVBViewer Filter) moved from the Settings Menu to the new Playback Menu.
Change: Playback: Graph building code restructured. Decoders are now connected directly to the output pins of source filters / splitters, thus preventing DirectShow's "Intelligent Connect" from occasionally replacing user-configured decoders by other components.
Fix: Playback: Audio playback tended to leak memory and to crash on stop if visualizations were active.
Fix: Playback: The Play/Pause/Stop Buttons appearing in the Radio Window status bar on audio file playback (if Option -> TV & Radio -> Hide video display area is switched on) didn't work correctly.
Add: Playback: If playback is already switched off, the Stop function generally resumes playback of the last channel or file, thus working as toggle. Please note: The function of the Stop button and menu item are configurable for file playback (see below)
Change: File Playback: Options -> Movies -> Playback stop action is now performed without a preceding "Playback Off", thus enabling more possibilities than before. The default is "Stop". "None" also triggers "Stop" (for compatibility). The former default "Last Channel" works as before.
Add: TV/Radio Playback: The stop function switches playback off/on in TV/Radio mode (previously inoperable).
Fix: File Playback: TS files without PAT/PMT (e.g. TechniSat receiver recordings) couldn't be played with the DVBViewer Filter.
Add: File Playback: The condition VC-1 (for VC-1 video) can be used in Auto B Conditions and Presets.
Fix: File Playback: Useless "Press 0 to start from the beginning" OSD message on audio track changes removed (only file playback withoutDVBViewer Filter affected if "Options -> Movies -> Resume and ask" is switched on).
Fix: File Playback: Video postprocessor filters inserted by filtergraph presets for displaying subtitles (like ffdshow subtitle filter or VSFilter AKA DirectVobSub) were not connected to the subtitle ouput pin of a splitter filter like LAV or Haali.
Add: File Playback: DVBViewer is now able to receive multiple files as commandline parameter (previously it only used the last one). Practically this feature enables to select several media files in the Windows Explorer and drag & drop them on the DVBViewer icon, thus activating playlist playback.
Fix: Stream Playback: Several issues in the “Open URL” window, particularly concerning the history list.
Fix: Stream Playback: DVBViewer ignored the DirectX user settings when building a filter graph for audio streaming sources (e.g. internet radio).
Change: Stream Playback: ShockWave rendering removed (introduced for streaming services that were hardly ever used).
Fix: Stream Playback: Wrong handling of the "Stream" condition in Auto A/B and preset conditions.
Fix: Stream Playback: Opening variable bitrate AAC or MP3 stream URLs could block DVBViewer for several minutes.
Fix: Stream Playback: Opening Windows Media stream URLs could cause filter graph building failure.
Fix: UPnP: Selecting an entry that lists hundreds of files in the Playback -> Open UPnP -> UPnP Select window could block the application for a long time.
Fix: CD Playback: Audio CD playback with the DVBViewer Filter didn't work, forcing DVBViewer to use an external CD source filter as fallback.
Fix: Playlist: Bug when writing M3U files, including the file Playlist.m3u in the configuration folder. All extended information (#EXTINF, e.g. the title) were omitted.
Recording & Timeshift
Change: Recorder Options: "Write extended log file" checkbox removed. DVBViewer now always writes an extended recording log.
Change: Recorder Options: "Instant Recording" settings removed (still available as tweak, see Tweaker.exe).
Change: Recorder Options: "Remove H.264/MPEG2 filler data" checkboxes replaced by a single "Remove video filler data" checkbox affecting both formats.
Change: Recorder Options: "Split file after.." setting removed (still available as tweak, see Tweaker.exe).
Add: Recorder: DVBViewer automatically splits a recording into pieces slightly smaller than 4GB if the file is written to a FAT32 formatted drive. So there is no need to use the "Split file after..." option for this purpose anymore.
Change: Recorder Options: Task Scheduler settings moved from Options -> Extended to Options -> Recorder -> Recording.
Fix: Scheduler: The internal task scheduler ignored auto-repeated recordings.
Change: Timer Recordings: Special Action sub-menu removed. The Transponder Dump option is now available in the Timer Action dropdown list.
Change: Timer Recordings: The "Recording Folder and Special Action" button now has a caption ("Folder") and directly opens the Recording Folder menu. The button is disabled for external recordings (executed by the Recording Service), or if no alternative recording directories are specified (see Options → Recorder).
Fix: Timer Recordings: DVBViewer didn't receive the "Transponder Dump" setting from the Recording Service.
Change: Recording Statistics: AV Control in the Recording and Device Statistics Window removed. The options are already covered by functions like "Stop", "Video Playback Off" or "Mute".
Fix: Recording: Setting an end time in the popup menu that appears after clicking the Record Button in the Main Window (if a recording is going on) did not immediately update the end time in the Recording Statistics and Timer Recordings windows.
Change:Timeshift: In case of a channel change "Options -> Recorder -> Timeshift -> Warning on timeshift termination" only takes effect if time-shifted playback is going on, not if a channel is played live, thus avoiding a confirmation dialog on each channel change if "Options -> Recorder -> Timeshift -> Start timeshift automatically" is switched on.
Change: Timeshift: The Stop function (button or menu item) first switches timeshift off if it is active. A warning is displayed (if enabled in the options), also in case of live playback. If timeshift is already switched off the Stop function switches playback off.
Change: Timeshift: The Play function (button or menu item) resumes timeshift playback, if paused (as before). If time-shifted playback is already going on, Play jumps to the live position (new). If live playback is going on Play jumps to the last time-shifted position or the beginning of the file, if there is no last position (new).
Fix: Hardware: Reading of an uninitialized memory area under certain circumstances when searching for a free device, yielding unpredictable results.
Fix: Hardware: Discontinuities with Digital Devices cards on overlapping recordings of the same channel.
Fix: Hardware:: Decryption of a scrambled channel by Digital Devices CI was stopped by switching to an unscrambled channel on the same transponder (thus spoiling an ongoing recording of the scrambled channel).
Fix: Hardware: Bug in DVBSky CI MMI handling (didn't take effect until now due to another bug in the DVBSky driver), unnecessary excessive logging when using DVBSky CI.
Change: Hardware: Support for Twinhan WDM drivers removed.
Fix: Hardware: Access violation if a device currently used by DVBViewer was disconnected.
Change: Hardware: A more efficient and manageable internal representation of the device list.
Fix: RTSP Device: Potential PID filter problem fixed, internal structure optimized.
Change: RTSP Device: Automatic search for an alternative server removed. If the RTSP device cannot connect to the configured server it only checks if its IP address has changed. If yes the RTSP device corrects and saves it automatically.
Change: Hardware Options: General reordering of control elements.
Change: Hardware Options: The former "+" Button (now called "Add") doesn't open a dialog window anymore, but a pop-up menu allowing to select the type of virtual network device (RTSP, Unicast, IPTV or File) that shall be inserted at the selected device list position.
Add: Hardware Options: OctopusNet CI configuration in the RTSP (SAT>IP) settings window. If the (selected) server is detected as OctopusNet, the window displays a drop-down list containing the following options
Don't use CI
Use any CI
Use CI #1
Use CI #2
for assigning a CI to the RTSP device. "Any CI" means the first available (unoccupied) CI. The last two options require OctopusNet 1.0.17 or later. Please note: An RTSP device configured for OctopusNet CI usage occupies the CI all the time while it is active, even when DVBViewer receives unscrambled streams. If the CI is not available, tuning will fail in any case. A dynamic CI allocation and deallocation "per channel" can only be achieved by using two RTSP devices assigned to OctopusNet, one configured for unscrambled channels ("No CI"), the other one for scrambled channels only. The channels must be assigned to the two RTSP devices by using different channel groups for unscrambled and scrambled channels.
Change: Hardware Options: All settings of virtual network devices are now stored in the file hardware.xml. The file network.xml isn't used for this purpose anymore. Please note: For compatibility with former versions DVBViewer reads settings from network.xml as long as they are not yet available in hardware.xml, but doesn't write to it anymore. Changed network device settings can not be read by former versions (no compatiblity in backward direction).
Change: Hardware Options: All hardware settings (including virtual network device settings) are preserved on Scan Devices, except those prescribed by the BDA hardware database for important reasons. Formerly Scan Devices reset several settings to their default.
Change: Hardware Options: Opening a dialog window with the Settings Button doesn't require to release the affected device anymore and to stop playback resp. recording.
Fix: Hardware Options: Closing the Options with Cancel didn't restore previous hardware settings. Please note: Even the results of "Scan Devices" or changes in a dialog windows opened with the Settings Button are now discarded on Cancel!
Fix: Hardware Options: Connecting or disconnecting a device from the PC didn't trigger an update of the device list (red display of unavailable devices).
Fix: Hardware Options: Missing selection of the moved entry after dragging and dropping device list entries.
Fix: Hardware Options: The "Use TCP instead of UDP" checkbox for RTSP devices assigned to the Recording Service didn't show up in the RTSP device settings until a server list entry was selected. The protocol is now represented by two radio buttons “UDP” and “TCP”.
Change: Hardware Options: "Low bandwidth mode (USB 1.1)" checkbox removed (still available as hardware.xml tweak – create an “LowBandWidth” entry with the value 1 in the according section).
Add: Hardware Options: "Scan Devices" auto-detects Digital Devices cards that are DVB-T2 capable.
Change: Logging: debug.log, osd.log and osderror.log dropped. All log entries are written to the file DVBViewer.log, by default only critical errors and exceptions. The commandline parameter -debug additionally enables general event logging (as before), and -osddebug (new) general OSD event logging. The parameters -debug and -osddebug can be used separately or together.
Fix: Options: When using the tab key for navigation the selection rectangle marking checkboxes as focused wasn't displayed. Additionally the tab order had to be corrected on some pages (= order of control elements when using the tab key).
Change: Extended Options: "Ignore error messages" checkbox removed (still available as tweak, see Tweaker.exe)
Change: EPG Options: Restructured. The former "Do not receive EPG Data" checkbox now appears as a reverse "Receive standard EPG data" checkbox making more clear what it does.
Fix: EPG Options: After removing all MediaHighway/Freesat entries the default was restored on next launch. Additionally there were outdated Outdated MediaHighway entries.
Change: Teletext Options: Color settings removed.
Add: TV/Radio Options: General Restructuring. The "Disable video/audio when minimized" checkbox was replaced by a "Playback in minimized state" dropdown list providing three options: On, Stopped and Audio Only - the latter letting you hear what is going on while video decoding is switched off in order to save CPU power.
Fix: Channel Logo Options: Changes didn't activate the Apply Button.
Change: Visualization Options: The section has been merged with the Music section. The "Reload Plugin List" button and the Plugin path setting have been removed. The directory now always is DVBViewer\VisPlugins.
Fix: OSD: System -> Settings -> Music settings were not synchronized with according settings in the Options Window. The Show Visualizations setting didn't take effect until DVBViewer was relaunched.
Fix: OSD: Radio text wasn't removed on Playback Off.
Fix: Recording Service Wizard: Bug causing heavy access violations if the Recording Service Wizard was executed while DVB devices were used (e..g. for TV/Radio playback). Now, when clicking "Finish", the wizard displays a warning in case of ongoing recordings and stops every DVB device usage.
Add: Recording Service Wizard: Support for DVB-T2 and IPTV devices (requires Recording Service 1.28.0 or later).
Change: GUI Skins: Default GUI Skins adapted to the new menu structure
Fix: GUI Skins: Position slider resp. seeking issues.
Change: Channellist Editor: The file dialog for importing channellist files now shows all channellist file types at once (e.g. *.csv and *.ini), no need to select the types separately anymore.
Fix: Commandline: DVBViewer ignored the upper 32 Bit of a 64 bit channel ID passed as part of a -c parameter.
Add: Datamanager: #System.mute contains the current mute state (1 = muted | 0 = unmuted).
Update: VOD Source Filter to version 2.2.0
Update: Transponder lists for Astra 13°/23°/28° East and Hotbird 13° East.
Update: Tweaker.exe to version 1.0.5 (search function added).
Update: Hardware Database: TBS, DVBSky and Digital Devices cards added.
- Release Date: Nov 25, 2013
- In Memoriam - Lars Gehre
- Add: Main Window: Resizing by dragging the edges keeps the aspect ratio of the video display area. Dragging the corners works as before.
- Change: Main Window: The window sticks to the screen edges when it is resized with the mouse wheel.
- Fix: Main and GUI Skin Window: Aero snap is prevented while resizing
- Add: Main and GUI Skin Window: Snapping to the desktop edges under Windows Vista / 7, issues when moving the napped window are solved.
- Add: GUI Skin Window: Resizing by dragging the lower right corner and holding the shift key down keeps the aspect ratio of the video display area. Dragging without shift key works as before.
- Fix: GUI Skin Window: Resizing with the mouse wheel invisibly changed the size of the main window
- Fix: DVBViewer Windows (general): Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C etc. disabled using them for standard functions (Select All, Copy...) in focused input fields
- Fix: Channel List: Auto-scroll did not work when expanding a node.
- Fix: Channel Editor: The return key didn't start the search function.
- Fix: Scanner: The scanner didn't read ATSC Clear QAM channels correctly, thus creating "Service XXX" entries to which no EPG data could be assigned.
- Fix: Timeshift: Timeshift files weren't written correctly after selection of ATSC subtitles
- Fix: Timer Recordings Window: The Special Action -> Transponder Dump option didn't work.
- Fix: Timer Recordings Window: An incomplete input in the start/end time fields disabled using most other control elements.
- Add: Timer Recordings Window: Carry from minutes to hours and from hours to the date when exceeding 0 minutes/hours in the start/end time field.
- Fix: Instance Management: Bug causing a resource leak under Windows 7 and preventing Tweaker.exe from detecting that DVBViewer Pro is running.
- Fix: Instance Management: A second DVBViewer instance accessing the same configuration folder could be launched by using "as administrator".
- Change: Browser: Enhanced default browser detection by using a new method (applies to EPG Internet search function and teletext URLs). A per-user browser selection now takes preference over global Windows settings.
- Change: Database: dbconvert.exe isn't launched automatically anymore when DVBViewer is launched (only required when updating from DVBViewer Pro 4.3 or earlier, has to be performed manually now for converting the database to the new format).
- Change: Teletext-Window: Start page input field for teletext search function removed (the start page can be selected directly as well).
- Fix: Teletext-Window: The "Match whole word" option for the teletext search function was reversed (previously unchecked = whole word, now checked = whole word).
- Fix: Setup: The setup.xml was written twice when DVBViewer was closed, causing the setup.bak to be a copy of the current instead of the previous setup.
- Change: Setup: If an xml file can't be loaded because it is corrupted or not present, DVBViewer recreates it by copying the content of the according .bak file (if available).
- Fix: KeyTool: Without a previously used key the key file selection was not displayed as intended
- Update: Tweaker.exe to version 1.0.4
- Update: DVBViewer Filter to version 3.8.0
- Fix: Tweaks: The tweak that was supposed to let DVBViewer assume ISO 6937 character coding didn't work correctly.
- Fix: EPG Character Set: Wrong EPG character set selection under certain circumstances.
- Change: EPG Character Coding: The setup doesn't contain the file Huffman.dll anymore because it has been integrated in DVBViewer.
- Fix: EPG Internet Search: The internet search in the EPG Window failed on some sites if the search item contained non-ASCII characters (e.g. umlauts). Please copy the new EPG_URLList.ini file from the installation directory to the configuration folder. It contains additional entries indicating if UTF-8 character coding must be applied for a site.
- Fix: EPG Window: Numerous TV Guide issues fixed.
- Fix: EPG Window: An incomplete time input in the time bar disabled using most other control elements.
- Add: EPG Window: Carry from minutes to hours and from hours to the date when exceeding 0 minutes/hours in the time bar.
- Fix: EPG Window: The date selection in the time bar was limited to 7 seven days ahead.
- Fix: Hardware Options: If two or more equivalent free devices in the hardware list were set to "Preferred" DVBViewer selected the last instead the first one.
- Fix: Hardware Options: Sorting the device list with drag & drop followed by OK/Apply caused a memory leak and possibly access violations.
- Fix: Hardware Options: Canceling OK/Apply due to an ongoing recording caused a memory leak and possibly access violations.
- Fix: Hardware Options: Useless "Rebuild Graph" on file playback after OK/Apply removed.
- Add: Hardware Options: "Last Channel" is performed automatically if OK/Apply interrupts TV/Radio playback.
- Fix: CI/CAM: Dynamic PMT changes of scrambled channels didn't work with Digital Devices cards
- Fix: RTSP Device: A longer lasting RTSP tuning process could let the SAT>IP server stop the stream for other active RTSP devices in the same application because „still alive” messages were sent too late.
- Fix: RTSP Device: Channel redirection didn't work as intended and caused an RTSP device to block for some time (only applies if the Recording Server is the RTSP server).
- Change: RTSP Device: Code restructured in order to make it less error prone.
- Add: Playback: Support for HEVC video. Requires DVBViewer Filter 3.8.0 and LAV Filters 0.59 or later.
- Add: Playback: Support for AES3 audio. Requires DVBViewer Filter 3.8.0 and LAV Filters 0.58 or later.
- Add: DirectX Options: HEVC decoder selection
- Fix: Zoom: Under certain circumstances the video resolution was detected as 0 x 0 causing the View → Zoom 25%...200% functions in the context menu of the main window to set it to zero size.
- Change: Picture in Picture: Code cleanup.
- Fix: RDS: The accidental activation of RASS picture reception caused occasional beeps or saving of pictures in the configuration folder\images subdirectory when playing certain German radio stations.
- Fix: VOD Source Filter: URL detection for Vimeo. Links work again.
- Fix: Tweaks: Wrong default for "Use EVR Video Processor" option.
- Fix: OSD Volume Bar: After 24 days without rebooting the PC the volume bar remained endlessly on screen.
- Fix: OSD Help: The OSD menu timeout was unintentionally applied to the OSD help pages.
- Fix: OSD Timeline: After entering a channel / favourite number the according channel entry wasn't marked / selected correctly in the OSD timeline.
- Fix: OSD Menu: Moving the mouse within the video display area removed the focus from the currently selected OSD menu item, so OSD OK had to be pressed twice for selection.
- Fix: OSD Default Skin: Dialogs didn't perform "page down" on first arrow down key press.
- Fix: OSD Popup Windows: Closing DVBViewer with open OSD popup window (help or EPG details) caused an access violation.
- Fix: Subtitles: Subtitles remained on screen when performing "Close Graph" while they were displayed.
- Fix: Subtitles: Teletext subtitles didn't disappear immediately when switched off.
- Fix: Digger Game: Small memory leak after the first level with enemies
- Fix: HbbTV: Redirection of websites didn't work reliably
- Fix: HbbTV: The AIT Parser didn't write the AIT links to the debug.log and COM DataManager.
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2013
- Change: TS Playback: The package size is now detected more accurate
- Fix: COM: The Interface IHbbTV is now located under the DVBViewer3 Interface
- Fix: Vod Source: Obviously wrong HbbTV-urls are not repaired
- Change: COM-Interface: HbbTV Interface is now moved to a new IDVBViewer3 Interface
- Add: COM-Interface: new OSD2 interface with Showpopup2 function
- Change: TS Playback with DVBSource: The TS packet size is now detected automatically. Previously DVBViewer only relied on the file extension (.ts, .m2ts).
- Fix: TS Playback with DVBSource: Under certain (rare) circumstances video wasn't detected in TS files.
- Change: File/Stream Playback without DVBSource: Enhanced aspect ratio detection, particularly on-the-fly changes (depending on the video decoder).
- Fix: Stream Playback: A splitter name specified in a filtergraph preset wasn't assigned to the splitter and didn't show up under View -> Filters
- Add: File/Stream Playback: Presets are now shown under View -> Filters
- Add: Scanner: Widestring support in channel scan, same like in the GE
- Fix: Playback: support for <=L2000 WMV DRM via wmvdrm.dll:
- __stdcall HRESULT WMCreateCompanyCertificate(IUnknown **pUnkCert; GUID *Company);
- Fix: VodSource: Test for Content-Range if the server does not return the proper file size (e.g. DR dk)
- Change: General code cleanup
- Add: Options: Channel Logo editor under options
- Change: Options: Former "Is DVB-S2 device" checkbox replaced by a DVB-S2 / DVB-T2 checkbox that is now located above the tuner type dropdown list.
- Add: Channel Editor: DVB-T2 checkbox, Substream ID checkbox and Substream ID input field for DVB-T/T2 channels. Please note: Channels that are flagged as DVB-T2 require a tuner that is flagged as DVB-T2 capable
- Change: DVBSky: Disabled PMT Polling if no CAM is available
- Add: Terratec H7/S7: Support for CAM and DiSEqC
- Add: Started implementing the DVB-T2 support
- Fix: Source IP only partly checked on IPTV transponder comparison
- Fix: fix for problems with diacritic char sets
- Fix: HbbTV: The automatic translation is disabled for the browser list
- Fix: HbbTV: Some providers send wrong URIs for their videos, they are now repaired before playback starts
- Fix: HbbTV: ACTION_DVD_MENU does not open HbbTV anymore
- Fix: HbbTV: The automatic translation is disabled for the browser list
- Fix: HbbTV: Some providers send wrong URIs for their videos, they are now repaired before playback starts
- Add: MHEG-5: new engine build which required changes in the interface
- Fix: HbbTV: partially rewrite of the html loader, if an application/ce-html+xml or application/vnd.HbbTV.xhtml+xml is used. ZDF should run fine as well as Mediathek
- Fix: HbbTV: the window ignored the Close OSD on Video playback setting
- Fix: HbbTV: content is stored in the cache-subfolder
- Fix: HbbTV: https urls now also work fine if the MIME type application/vnd.HbbTV.xhtml+xml is used
- Fix: HbbTV: The window cleared a background while loading a video, which caused removed background textures on some skins
- Fix: HbbTV: created a dummy KeyEvent Object, used on several sites (e.g. LokalTV)
- Change: HbbTV: new HbbTV.xml file for configuration and auto update located under http://www.dvbviewer.tv/hbbtv.xml
- Fix: HbbTV: Debug Window did not worked, caused by the Popupblocker
- Release Date: Aug 4, 2013
- Add: HbbTV: COM Interface to load customized websites via Plugin:
- Interface: IHbbTV = interface(IDispatch)
- Description: The IHbbTV interfaces allows to load and display HTML websites inside the DVBViewer.
- Methods: procedure LoadInBrowser(const Url: WideString; IsHbbtv: WordBool); safecall;
- Properties: property Available: WordBool;
- property Visible: WordBool;
- Change: MHEG-5: handling is now similar to HbbTV. You find a Mheg-Item inside the OSD Home-Menu which starts the MHEG window. OSD Close turns it off, which allows you to use the regular OSD even if MHEG is started.
- Fix: HbbTV: HbbTV did not worked properly on several (e.g. virtual) machines, caused by timing related issues of webkit.
- Add: HbbTV: AIT Parser now supports Simple application boundary descriptor
- Add: HbbTV: Proxy can be used by a tweak
- Fix: VirtualTreeview 5.0.1 used since screen reader support was broken
- Fix: HbbTV: rewrite to avoid browser multithreading related problems
- Add: HbbTV/MHEG5: Tweaks to disable both engines separately
- Add: HbbTV/MHEG5: Zoom and stretch values in full screen mode are used for video display
- Add: HbbTV/MHEG5: Can be disabled by a tweak
- Fix: HbbTV: In passive mode the page is loaded only after the browser is opened and not automatically in background.
- Removed: Exit Action (12294)
- Add: HbbTV: Channel +/- does now simulate TAB resp. Shift+TAB key press for better handling of websites who do not work fine with cursor keys
- Changed: OSD: Incremented revision number of the windowdef.xml
- Add: Support for DVBSky DVB-T2/C hybrid tuner, no CI
- Fix: HDHomeRun/Sundtek and other Network Devices devices now work again
- Fix: Tuning with EMPIA based DVB-C USB devices if “Force Auto-modulation” is switched off.
- Add: Support for multiple tbsCIapi.DLLs. If you use more than one CI in combination with more than one TBS card you should create additonal tbsCIapi's starting with tbsCIapi1.dll up to tbsCIapin.dll
- Release Date: Jul 16, 2013
- Fix: Weather: Errors inside the XML-Weather information are ignored.
- Add: HbbTV: HbbTV Engine for CE-Html and HbbTV related content.
- Add: HbbTV: Parser for AIT transmissions provided by the broadcasters.
- Add: HbbTV: Passive mode available via Tweak.ini.
- Add: HbbTV: Ability to add own User-Agents for certain websites
- Add: HbbTV: Ability to switch between transparent and colorkey mode.
- Fix: Channel AutoUpdate: Wrong PMT tables where left uncorrected.
- Change: Client Tuning Priority Default: Default value is set to 50
- Add: Teletext: Persian (ira) Teletext language is set to arabic by default
- Change: Channel Scanner: False frequencies entered by the user are automatically fixed if no transponder list is used.
- Add: UPnP: You can now open a Upnp Browser under the DVBViewer menu.
- Fix: RTSP Device: more detailed Keep-Alive timing
- Fix: RTSP Device: optimized command sequences
- Fix: RTSP Device: closing the device caused sometimes exceptions in UDP mode
- Fix: RTSP Device: Sat>IP Server from Digital Devices should now work fine
- Fix: Hardware Framework: PIDs for NULL-Packets can be added.
- Change: RTSP Device: The device detects if the RTSP Server is a Recording Service. If so you can additionally use the TCP Option.
- Change: BDA Devices: DVB-S BDA devices with unknown vendor are now marked as DVB-S2 compatible by default.
- Fix: EPG: simplified management of EPG information
- Release Date: Apr 16, 2013
- Please refer to the changelog, http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/52309-dvbviewer-pro-51/, for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Dec 23, 2012
- Please refer to the changelog, http://www.dvbviewer.tv/comserver/lars/changelog.html#toc0, for a full list of changes
- Release Date: May 1, 2012
- Fix: ATSC/AC3 Detection: Added several fixes for ATSC AC3 detection.
- Fix: 125% Font size: Added support for 125% font size to the status bar and the playback control window.
- Fix: EPG Window / Timeline: The Timeline display is updated correctly now if the splitter between timeline and EPG details is moved.
- Fix: EPG Window / Timeline: Fixed the flickering on redrawing the timeline.
- Fix: EPG Window / Timeline: The row height and count is now calculated based on the font size.
- Fix: EPG Window / Timeline: Added support for 125% font size.
- Change: EPG Fenster: Converted the filter popup menu into a select list.
- Fix: EPG-Parser: Fixed wrongly as Japanese interpreted EPG with the language indicator "jpn" but English content.
- Change: EPG Display: The "exclude from EPG" flag is obsolete.
- Change: Channel List Editor: Removed the "exclude from EPG" check box.
- Change: Channel List Editor: Added a RDS check box.
- Update: Transponder lists: Updated the Astra 19.2 E transponder list.
- Update: Default SAT Channel list: Added the new German HD channels.
- Release Date: Apr 23, 2012
- Fix: Options: Subtitles: Fixed several problems with the subtitle options page.
- Fix: Processing the SFI EPG could cause a crash.
- Fix: Timeshift: Timeshift recording didn't work correctly due to changes in 4.9.6.
- Change: Update of the internal ICS library. The DVBViewer now uses the same version as the Recording Service.
- Change: Unicast Devices: Rewritten in parts. Special care has been taken of the timing of the tuning process. The Unicast device now blocks the DVBViewer for the duration of the tuning the same way a real DVB Device would block. Switching frequencies is much more stable that way.
- Fix: The channel list window size can be changed with 125% font size.
- Fix: Display problem with 125% font size fixed. All text fields and other elements are now readable.
- Fix: BDA Devices: Fixed DiSEqC/Unicable problems with some devices and Windows XP.
- Fix: Fixed problems with gzip/deflate compressed (HTML) downloads from the RS and Windows XP.
- Fix: Options: Unicast Devices: Closing the settings dialog of a Unicast Device could freeze the DVBViewer.
- Change: Channel Search: The check box "In-depth Search" is now activated by default.
- Fix: The scripting error message box problem is now solved.
- Change: Options → Scripts: The timeout can be set to -1 to deactivate the timeout (default).
- Change: Options → EPG: Reading the SiehFernInfo can now be activated separately. Default is deactivated.
- Fix: COM/Actions: The action „minimize" didn't work correctly if the COM events were connected.
- Fix: DVD-Playback: Seeking didn't work correctly due to changes in 4.9.6.
- Fix: Workaround for a Delphi bug when changing the window size with the mouse. If the minimal window width was reached the window started to move.
- Add: Added Hauppauge NOVA-HD-USB2 to the hardware database.
- Add: Added Cinergy S2 USB HD (Rev.2) to the hardware database.
- Add: Basic support for band stacking (DishPro LNBs, US single cable distribution). For scanning and editing you have to use Transedit 3.8.4+.
- Release Date: Apr 8, 2012
- Fix:CustomRenderer:Accessing the DVD menu with the mouse now works with custom EVR andVMR9.
- Fix:MainWindow:Hiding the symbols/status/menu bar changed the aspect ratio of the playback.
- Fix:File/TimeshiftPlayback:Fixed problems with playback from file and UAC.
- Fix:Options-> Mosaic Preview:After changing the decoder the DVBViewer had to be restarted for thechange to take effect. Now you only need to deactivate andreactivate the mosaic preview (if it is active).
- Improved:MosaicPreview:Compatibility improvements with video decoders and DXVA. Image quality slightly improved and the change frequency increased.
- Fix:MosaicPreview:Fixed a bug in the mosaic preview which could crash the DVBViewer under certain circumstances.
- Change:Writing of the infofile ofrecordings has been optimized.
- Fix:EPG:The Chinese charset Big5 was incorrectly converted.
- Fix:Start:Script error message on startup fixed.
- Change:Channels.dat:While reading the channels.dat there now is a check if thetransponder frequency is in khz and it will be accordingly adjusted.
- Change:Changed the initialization of the D3D devices of the customrenderers alittle bit to prevent problems on some systems after standby.
- Fix:Recordings:Refreshing the recording data from the file info had problems with summer/winter time calculations.
- Fix:BDA-Devices- KNC One:The KNC DLL was initialized wrongly.
- Add:DVBViewerPro Update Notice:If a new DVBViewer Version is available a message will be displayedin the menu -> Help -> Info window and in OSD -> System ->Info.
- Fix:OSD/Videos:If more than one DVD drive existed the title of a previous DVD drivewas copied to the following empty DVD drives.
- Change:DVDOptions:The custom renderer check box has been removed. This setting canonly be changed on the DirectX options page.
- Fix:VCR:Fixed a potential overflow in "Adjust PAT/PMT" function.
- FixChannelEditor:The audio language of an subchannel couldn't be changed.
- Fix:Hardware:Detection of dLAN devices corrected.
- Fix:UnicastDevices:Channel search with unicast devices now works for "slow tuning"DVB hardware in the Recording Service.
- Fix:InputOptions:Fixed multiple warning message boxes were shown if the remote hadauto repeat.
- Change:Recordings:Remove filler data for H264 now defaults to active.
- Change:Timeshift:Remove filler data for H264 now defaults to active.
- Change:MainWindow:If there is no playback active at all, the status bar now shows "No Playback" instead of "Standby".
- Change:LanguageFiles:Translations for the weather forecast are now prefixed by"weather.".
- Removed:LanguageFiles:Video Recorder Plugin removed from the language files and the defaults.
- Update:Updated to Version 3.6.2 of the DVBSource filter.
- Update:Updated language files.
- Update:Updated sqlite DLL.
- Several small fixes and optimizations.
- Release Date: Mar 14, 2012
- Change: Daylight saving changes/EPG: If the timezone is set to "automatically" the system will calculate the local time of the EPG entries depending on the date with the help of special windows functions.
This should fix most problems with day light saving changes because now the EPG always has the "correct" time.
Timer in the night of the change may have to be adjusted manually.
- Fix: Adjust PAT/PMT: If a recording was started before the PAT contained the fitting PMT the PAT/PMT were not correctly adjusted and written.
- Fix: OSD/Weather: The weather page is working again. ATTENTION: You have to setup your location in the weather options again!
- Change: MHEG5: Rewritten Audio/Video playstate in Mheg5 engine
- Change: MHEG5: ServiceIDs (NID, TID, SID) are now send properly to the Mheg5 engine
- Change: MHEG5: Booking (Add, List, Delete) EPG Events in NZ should work but is untested
- Fix: VOD filter does no longer accept ms-asf streams, since they can not work
- Fix: Recordings: Splitted recording weren't correctly deleted.
- Fix: Options: The custom renderer check box wasn't correctly synchronized between the DVD and DirectX options pages.
- Fix: Main window: Maximize via Aero snap for Vista/Win 7 deactivated.
- Fix: File playback: The bit rate in the status bar wasn't updated correctly for mp3 files.
- Fix: Rec Stats Window: The recordings count is now updated immediately after deleting a recording.
- Change: Main window: Best window size: For 4:3 monitors the height is adjusted (as before), for non 4:3 monitors the width is now adjusted to fit the window with the TV picture. You can disable the new adjustment via tweak -> see tweaker.exe.
- Change: DirectX options: Audio/Video auto detection changes in the DirectX options page now trigger a rebuild graph.
- Add: DVD Playback/Presets: It is possible to define a DVD navigator other than the MS DVD navigator in the presets for DVD playback.
- Change: Windows: Added high res explorer icons (Vista/Win 7) for the DVBViewer Pro and the setup programs.
- Fix: Startup: fixed the issues with the "synzip" messageboxes on program start.
- Fix: RDS Parser: Griga fixed a problem in the RDS parser.
- Fix: Channel Scan: Griga fixed several potential problems in the channel scanner.
- Fix: COM Interface: The Timer list didn't take the remote timers of the recording service into account.
- Fix: Videotext Parser: Griga fixed some small problems with the videotext parser.
- Fix: Instant recording: If an instant recording is started while the DVBViewer Pro is in radio (small interface) mode, the OSD display of the instant recording menu is disabled.
- Add: File Playback: The settings of the progressbar in the statusbar for file playback are now stored separately from the settings for LiveTV.
- The Hardware classes have been in parts rewritten with the help of Griga.
- Please note: In case of an update some of the changes will only take effect after performing Options -> Hardware -> Detect Devices.
- Enhanced: Unicable support, particularly for DVB-S/S2 devices that don't allow full Unicable compliance.
The basic requirement for Unicable support is a driver providing an interface for sending DiSEqC raw commands. This is fulfilled by all DiSEqC 1.2 capable DVB-S/S2 devices. Additionally a (known) interface for directly changing the LNB voltage (without tuning) is required. If it is not available the DVBViewer Pro now performs the necessary voltage changes by dummy tuning. However, this method slows down channel switching and may exceed the Unicable timing constraints. It is not guaranteed to work in all cases (though it works quite well with an Inverto Unicable LNB and different devices).
In case of a device that does not allow to fulfill the EN 50494 specifications properly, the hardware options page displays a warning before opening the Unicable configuration dialog. Devices regarded as fully Unicable compliant are currently: Digital Devices (above all), FireDTV, TechnoTrend and DVBSky.
- Added: Unicable collision detection.
A Unicable collision occurs if two receivers try to send a ChannelChange DiSEqC command to the Unicable router at the same time. Frequency switching failure in the router results in no data arriving at all, or even worse, still data from the previous transponder (depending on the transponder parameters).
- Fix: Work-around for the "Initializing the device has failed" error under Windows 7, caused by a buggy Microsoft component that tries to create registry keys without sufficient access rights.
In "Use internal Network Provider filter off" mode (see hardware settings) the DVBViewer Pro now uses the new MS Universal Network Provider filter (introduced with Vista/Windows 7), that does not show this issue. Additionally "Use internal Network Provider filter on" has become the default setting for new installations, which avoids the error as well. However, it may still occur in "Use standard interface on" mode.
- Added: Pilot symbols auto-detection when receiving DVB-S2 channels resp. transponders with Hauppauge devices.
DVB-S2 tuning will now succeed with wrong Pilot Symbols settings (though it takes a bit longer).
- Added: DiSEqC 1.2 support for TechniSat SkyStar eXpress HD with WDM/Network driver.
- Enhanced: DiSEqC 1.2 support for TechniSat SkyStar eXpress HD and SkyStar USB HD with BDA driver. Now it also works under Windows XP.
Please note: Due to the design of the BDA DiSEqC interface for these TechniSat devices command sequences (consisting of more than one DiSEqC command) will not work. Please use the WDM/Network driver in this case.
- Changed: Handling of TBS DiSEqC interfaces (since the implementation in TBS/Prof drivers is quite confusing). The DVBViewer Pro first verifies that the interface specified in the hardware database exists. If not, the DVBViewer Pro tries to auto-detect the interface.
- Fix: ATSC Direct Tuning: The 1750 Hz offset is now taken into account.
- Fix: Using more than one KNC One device does now work correctly.
- Add: Detection of TerraTec H5 Rev. 3 devices.
- Add: Detection of TT-budget S2-4100 devices.
- Add: Detection of PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI 4000i (Stargate Tuner) devices.
- Add: Detection of several TBS devices.
- Add: Added DiSEqC 1.2 support for Omicom devices.
- Add: Added DiSEqC 1.2 support for Compro devices.
- Change: TBS CI Stack update
- Add: Support for CI modules from Jactec.
- Change: Detection of the Pinnacle PCTV DVB-S2 Stick 460e changed from VendorID 7 to VendorID 33, otherwise DiSEqC would not work in Vista/Win 7. Users of Win XP have to change this entry back to VendorID 7 manually in the hardware.xml.
- Updated: Hardware database.
- Tweaker Tool
- Add: The tweaker tool enables you to adjust the tweaks for the DVBViewer Pro with a quite comfortable UI. For all tweaks the tools has a check box or edit box and a short explanation. The changes can only be saved if the DVBViewer Pro is not running.
- DVB Server
- The DVBServer has been discontinued and will be no longer available.
- Release Date: Sep 16, 2011
- Only available to customers who have purchased the Pro version
- Add: TOT data generated by the system time
- Add: Audio play states are now handled by the MHEG engine
- Add: Video play states are now handled by the MHEG engine
- Add: partially support for online content like BBC iPlayer
- Fix: Volume control of the MHEG engine should work correctly
- Fix: Interactive language is now send to the MHEG application correctly
- Add: PVR Bookings are send/read to/from the VCR
- Video On Demand Filter
- Add: Youtube support (youtube://[youtubeid])
- Add: Vimeo support (vimeo://[vimeoid])
- Fix: Improved Playback and buffering of all kind of audio and video streams
- Add: Better Icecast/Shoutcast detection
- Removed: LastFM support
- Add: Playback Presets by Griga. Presets are used to offer a more flexible way to select codecs and splitters for specific file formats. Note: selecting a Videorenderer inside these preset files is NOT supported.
- Some example presets are in the [app-folder]\GraphPresets_Samples. You need to copy them into the [configuration folder]\GraphPresets\ folder and adjust the filter IDs and/or make sure you have the fitting filters/splitters installed.
- Add: Playback: Added CD and WAV playback via the DVBSource Filter.
- Change: Program: Saving of the windows positions is now handled a little better.
- Fix: Program: The position of dialog windows was sometimes incorrect.
- Add: Playback: Playback of ts/mp3/wav streams from a http source (Recording Service) via the DVBSource filter added. Use the "Open URL" dialog. Needs the current version of the Recording Service.
- Fix: Installation: A clean installation with no channel list as a Recording Service client could deactivate all timers in the Recording Service.
- Fix: Program Start: under certain circumstances a renderer error message could delay the program start up to 20 seconds.
- Fix: Recordings: If adjust PAT/PMT was activated and the SID of a channel was wrong, no Audio/Videodata was written. Now adjust PAT/PMT is deactivated if the SID doesn't match. careful this might cause problems with other hard/Software. Make sure the SID of a channel is always correct.
- Change: Rewritten and optimized the code for (debug)Logfile writing.
- Fix: Settings: Changes to Auto detect Audio/Video weren't saved anymore.
- Updated to current sqlite3 version.
- Updated the DVBViewer Filter.
- Several corrections and optimizations.
- Language files updated.
- Add: Skystar USB HD with WDM driver: Enabled Diseqc 1.2 for this device.
- Add: BDA: DiSEqC support for DVBSky devices added.
- Add: BDA: Detection of Digital Devices Cine CT V6 devices added.
- Add: BDA: Reworked the detection of Turbosight devices. You might have to do a manual hardware search in the options.
- Add: BDA: Cinergy HTC Stick detection added.
- Change: BDA: New option for EMPIA compatible devices in DVB-C mode in the hardware Options: "Force Auto Modulation". Changing this value might help if channel changes are very slow.
- Add: Support for Hauppauge PVR devices
- Release Date: Jun 3, 2011
- Fix: Stopped graph on radio playback
- Fix: Problem with ISO default language setting
- Fix: Time difference caused by summer time
- Fix: Audio 100% problem on BBC MHEG
- Fix: Problems with the videowindow while MHEG is active on Irish channels
- Add: Partially support for interactive channels (not finished yet)
- Change: EPG.dat: The PDC PIL (if present) for EPG entries is saved in the epg.dat.
- Change: BDA-Hardware: EyeTV devices with CI are now handled like Twinhan/Terratec devices , MMI should work now.
- Change: Adjust PAT/PMT: The ECM Descriptors are now removed from the PMT if "Adjust PAT/PMT" is activated.
- Change: TS-Recordings: TS recordings now start always with a PAT/PMT.
- Fix: EPG-Parser: Fix for polish EPG by Griga.
- Add: Arib Subtitles: Do work now for real.
- Fix: DVBViewer Recording Service: Connection to the local recording service now doesn't use the windows proxy settings anymore.
- Change: Wizard: Simplified the hardware selection in the wizard.
- Change: DirectX Options: Changed the selection of media file types the DVBSource Filter should be used for.
- Fix: Video playback without the DVBSource Filter: Griga fixed several problems with the IAMStreamSelect interface.
- Add: Teletext: Added Grigas improvements to the teletext parser.
- Fix: Video/Audio A/B: Fixed a bug in detecting the correct file extension.
- Add: Datamanager: Added #TV.Timeshift.relativepos a float value (0..1). 0 means timeshift is at the beginning of the timeshift file, 1 means timeshift is at the liveTV position.
- Fix: OSD-Teletext: On jumping to page 100 with the OSD-OK key the internal input buffer for the teletext page numbers is reset now.
- Add: BDA Devices: Added detection of several new TBS devices.
- Add: OSD Channel EPG Window: You can now programmatically select which channel EPG should be shown by setting #OSD.channelnumber to the wanted channel number.
- Attention: The caller is responsible to set the value to empty or -1 after use.
- Change: Playback: For mp3 playback with the DVBSource Filter the graph is not rebuild if the old one can be reused.
- Updated to current sqlite3 version.
- Update to Version 3.5.5 of the DVBViewer Filter.
- Several corrections and optimizations.
- Language files updated.
- Release Date: Apr 25, 2011
- Fix: Favourites: fixes problems with favourites.
- Fix: Timer: fixes all timers are shown red in the recording window if recorded locally.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2011
- Only available to customers who have purchased the Pro version
- Main feature: Adds MHEG-5 support
- For a list of completed changes, please refer to this forum thread: http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/45388-dvbviewer-pro-48/
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2011
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post: http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/44158-dvbviewer-pro-46/
Version 4.5 RC2
- Release Date: Oct 7, 2010
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/42593-dvbviewer-pro-45/
Version 4.5 RC1
- Release Date: Sep 30, 2010
- This version fixes smaller issues with the installer, the dvbserver and the DVBViewer.
- One fix is quite important: we found a problem in the miniEPG handling, which caused a very high CPU peak for several seconds after switching channels.
- Release Date: Sep 16, 2010
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post:
Version 4.2 Beta
- Release Date: Jul 26, 2009
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post: http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=35263
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2009
- Fix: EPG HTML Export: Fixed several problems and bugs.
- Change: EPG Processing: Fixup for Anxie, RTL and SuperRTL EPG. The viewer tries to map some info from the description to the subtitle.
- Change: Wiki links: Depending on the selected language the german or english wiki link is shown in the help menu.
- Add: New graphics for the Wizard made by rago.
- Fix: The brightness setting was reset if started with -c parameter.
- Fix: Blu-ray was not started correctly from OSD Videos
- Fix: Popup channel list did not focus the correct channel sometimes.
- Update: Some German language file updated.
- Fix: Several fixes in the translation code to avoid problems on faulty language files.
- Fix: The Popup channellist closes if you leave the window to the right side.
- Fix: Some fixes for Unicable support.
- Fix: Recordings without EPG were not written to the database.
- Fix: Fixes for Skystar 2 Diseqc WDM.
- Fix: OSD-Slideshow: The pictures should now keep their aspect ratio.
- Removed: OSD-Teletext mouse support removed.
- Change: OSD-Teletext: Now always in 4:3 ratio.
- Fix: OSD-Teletext: Several small fixes and changes.
- Change: MiniEPG preview: OSD-Up/Down browses the channels, left right the time, OSD-OK switches to the channel.
Ch+/ch- and Fav+/Fav- does switch the channel at once now. You can revert back to the old behavior in the options.
- Add: TV + Radio options: Added a option to enable/disable the new MiniEPG behavior.
- Change: The OSD Image dialogue keeps the aspect ratio of the image.
- Fix: ATSC channel scan: fixed the problem of missing channel names for ATSC channels.
- Change: VCR: You can activate auto splitting of a recording if the PMT data changes while it is running.
- Add: Recording options: Added an option to enable auto split on PMT data change.
- Change: Channel auto update: change the auto update method to the one used for auto splitting recordings.
- Fix: Plugins: Fixed a problem on channel change with additional graph rebuild.
- Change: If the selected/default recording folder is not found the DVBViewer tries all folders in the recording folder list and takes the first one, which can be used. If no folder was found the default user/public video folder is used.
- Change: Data transfer from the service (timer, recordings, EPG lists) can be compressed now, if the service supports it.
- Fix: OSD: for channels with mono audio the wrong audio format image was shown.
- Change: Channel list: The channel names are now shown with a charset based on the user locales. Thanks @ter9999.
- Change: Chinese EPG should show now correctly everywhere (OSD/EPG window). Big Thanks @ter9999 for testing. These changes should also affect other non latin based languages.
- Change: CAM support for Twinhan and KNC1 based cards (EXPERIMENTAL!). Some broadcasters send contradicting CA_Info descriptors on program and ES level, which some CAMs do not handle very well (Hotbird the polish TVN channels as example). Now the CA_PMT ignores the descriptors on the ES level if program level descriptors are present. This is not according to the specs, but seems to work. Please report if you have one of the mentioned cards and experience problems with this new handling.
- Fix: ATSC AC3 detection. Some broadcaster use a wrong formated registration descriptor for the AC3 Audio ES causing the DVBViewer not to recognize it as an audio stream.
- Release Date: May 5, 2009
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2008
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post
- Release Date: May 30, 2008
- For a list of what's changed, please refer to this forum post
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2008
- Fix: The Wizard ignored the recording folders if using an existing configuration.
- Fix: DVD Playpack without video.
- Fix: Channellist: If the favourite filter was set, changes in the favouriteseditor did not show up in the channellist until disabling, enabling the favourite filter.
- Fix: SFI: removed non displaying chars.
- Fix: OSD-Recording window: the command.ini got the wrong filesnames.
- Fix: PIP: moving with the mouse did not work with vista correctly.
- Fix: Small Videowindow: moving with the mouse did not work with vista correctly.
- Fix: Favouriteeditor: folder could be placed in folder and triggered an exception.
- Fix: AC3/AAC fixes from Griga integrated. Fixes Problem no AC3 recording on certain channel in mpeg format.
- Fix: CC-Subtitel ATSC reworked.
- Fix: Wizard sometimes messed up with network devices.
- Fix: thumbnail folder were not create if usermode=0.
- Fix: OSDSkin: several problems corrected if a skin ignores some standards.
- Fix: Hardwareoptions: sharelnb was not hidden on tunertype change.
- Change: Timeshift: In Timeshift mode pressing stop the first time stopps the timeshift recording, pressing stop a second time stopps timeshift completely.
- Change: Options: All decoder selection boxes display system default in red.
- Workaround: Cyberlink resets colorcontrol on renderer state change in overlay.
- Add: Hardware: Terratec s2 dection integrated.
- Fix: aac audio only recordings now have the extention ".aac".
- Fix: DVBsubtitle reworked.
- Fix: DiseqC 1.2: Westposition were ignored.
- Release Date: Dec 1, 2007
- Fix: Adding music extentions works again.
- Fix: Split after options now works as exspected. Please check if your values are still ok in the option.
- Fix: Resume of DVD fixed.
- Reworked: Shoutcast support (scast://channel name).
- Fix: Channel scan with KNC-One with CI works.
- Fix: German EPG now without "Š".
- Fix: Last position of Video when closing DVBViewer on playback now is remembered correctly.
- Fix BDA Device: Terratec XE and XE MKII now work
- Fix: radioskin: not able to close dvbviewer.
- Fix: radioskin: disabled maximizing
- Reverted: Subtitle options: Delay is back.
- Fix: Zoomsettings were not saved if the zoomwindow was open on channelchange.
- Change: Zoomsettings are saved now for all aspectratio not only for automatic.
- Fix: ch+/ch- were swapped.
- Fix: The -c[name]:SID commandline did not work with audiosubchannels.
- Change: H264 now works with PIP. Think twice before using HDTV H264 in both (Main and PIP).
- Add: Channellist: Added AAC audioformat.
- Prepared: AAC support. Just waiting for working audiocodecs.
- OSD: Crash on changing language files if fullscreen OSD-page was opened.
- OSD: OSD Recording window - context menu: added database submenu.
- OSD: OSD timeline window - next/previos file action generates a page up/down.
- OSD: OSD Listview and thumbnailview: next/previos file action generates a page up/down.
- OSD: OSD Timer/EPG/EPG Now/EPG search/recordings: left/right generates a page up/down.
- OSD: OSD Channellist window: the textoffsets of the epg list now work.
- OSD: OSD several windows: if a EPG entry is selected you can send it to the PVR by pressing the record button on the remote.
- OSD: Fix for 120dpi font problems. All fontsizes will be translated to 96 dpi dimensions. If you use a skin especially for 120dpi you can influence it in the font.xml file of the OSD-skin (see default OSD-skin 120)
- Actions.ini: Added commands for recording database administration.
- Language files: german language file heavely reworked (thanks @Tjod and members of the forum). english up to date, suomi up to date (thanks @SF100)
- Experimental support for EVR with Vista. Don't use it with other windows versions. No guaranties.
- Release Date: Oct 4, 2007
- What's New forum post
- Release Date: Aug 6, 2007
- What's New forum post
- Release Date: Dec 31, 2006
- Add: Added recordingservice.
- Fix: EPG-Window: Fixed "&" was replaced by "_" in Timeline.
- Add: Recorderwindow: Added play running recording to contextmenu.
- Add: Recorderwindow: Added doubleclick on running recording switches to the channel the timer is recording.
- Fix: COM-Events: Fixed several glitches.
- Fix: Siehfern: Fixed endless loop in receiving due to too small buffers.
- Add: Channels/EPG: Added selection for EPG-Source in chaneleditor.
Default is: allow all sources.
- DVB EPG: EIT, ATSC and Premiere Portal EPG.
- Internal EPG: SiehFernInfo, MHW(+)
- External EPG (for EPG-Importers)
- Change: OSD: When changing to subpages the selection in the EPG and channelwindows now is remembered.
- Fix: OSD: fixed pagecounter of lists.
- Fix: CAM: Fixed missing first entry in MMI menu on some CAMs. General improvement of CAM/CI support.
- Fix: EIT-EPG: Fixed loosing of entries in Kabel1/Pro7/Sat1 austria.
- Fix: Vista support: Fixed several issues with vista.
- Change: Signaldisplay: changed signal display for some pinnacle and terratec devices.
- Fix: Vista support: Fixed several issues with vista.
- Change: Added a splitter to some windows so the Headerpanel can be hidden by mouse.
- Change: OSD-Properties: added some properties regarding picture handling of epg entries.
- Fix: Radiomode: fixed a bug when starting viewer in radio mode.
- Change: Signaldisplay: changed signal display for some pinnacle and terratec devices.
- Update: Language: updated several language files.
- Change: Signaldisplay: changed signal display for some pinnacle and terratec devices.