An open source DirectShow AC3 decoder filter
AC3Filter - it is DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding to play .AVI
with AC3 audio tracks and MPEG2 (DVD). Distributed absolutely for
free (FREEWARE, OpenSource). Sorry if my English is bad, but I think it
is better to have something than nothing.
- Full AC3 standart compliance.
- S/P DIF passthrough support.
- Decode MPEG2 PES streams.
- Multichannel output support.
- LFE support.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) support.
- Overflow control and automatic gain control.
- Gain levels control.
- Bitstream information (channel format, bitrate, sample
rate, coupling freq and maximun freq).
- Input/output levels.
- Matrix mixer with direct control of mixing matrix.
- Stereo to multichannel mixing.
- DolbySurround/ProLogic/ProLogicII downmixing.
Other tools available from the same author:
- AC3Filter tools is a set of command-line tools for manipulating audio files. It includes AC3 encoder and decoder, SPDIF format converter, parametric filter, graphic equalizer and more.
- AC3File - AC3File is a DirectShow source filter. It is required to read any kind of AC3 or DTS files.
- Spdifer - Spdifer is a DirectShow filter that allows media players to passthrough multi-channel sound to the digital (SPDIF) output without any change, so an external receiver can decode it.
This software has the following sub editions:
Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Oct 1, 2009
- Fixed: Cannot read WAV files in some cases
- Fixed: Default bitrate at ac3enc
- Use WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE for multichannel WAV files