BurnAware Free Edition is a lightweight, extremely powerful and easy to use burning application for burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media, which is suitable for both beginners and power users.
BurnAware Free Edition supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.
- Absolutely FREE. No spyware, no adware, no banners
- Writes to all CD/DVD media types including Blu-Ray (BD-R/BD-RE) Creates disc images
- Supports all current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA)
- On-the-fly writing for all image types (no staging to hard drive first)
- Writes Multi-Session to all supported media formats
- Auto-verification of written files
- Supports unicode for multi-byte languages
- Clean, flexible, easy to use interface
- Supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista Operating Systems (64 and 32 Bit)
The official change log for version 1.2.6 is as follows
- Now you can add files from Windows Explorer context menu.
- Modified DVD+R DL media detection method.
- Added the new installer.
- Fixed writing of Multi-session data to DVD-RAM.
- Fixed the problem with HP laptops.
- Fixed the problem with autierase feature.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
You may download this updated version here