MediaCodeSpeedEdit allows you to change the write speed for your media and to add new media codes to your firmware by renaming an already available media code. The new media code name can be entered manually or can be imported from the DVD Identifier media code output to be sure that no special characters are lost. This kind of media code renaming will remove the original media code name from the patched firmware, so it is no longer supported by the firmware.
Real adding of additional media code names would mean to shift and extend all internal media code tables or patching all media code scanner for all supported firmwares, which would be a quite complex task.
MCSE allows strategy swapping to increase the write speed by double clicking the media code and selecting an alternative write strategy from a list. Depending on the firmware this swapping is lossless, which means the media code of the choosen, usually faster write strategy is not changed. On some firmwares this swapping is done by renaming the media codes, so the choosen media code can not be used anymore.
The official change log for version 188.8.131.52 is as follows:
- added 10x write speed display for -R9 disks
- added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112x 1.22 firmware and flasher
- added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-212x 1.22 firmware and flasher
Thanks to PumaUK for the tests.
- added write support for TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S203 firmwares
Thanks to pinto2 for the tests.
- added write support for TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S202 firmwares
Thanks to alan1476 for the tests.
- fixed +-R9 write speed display for TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S202 firmwares
- fixed bug introduced in 184.108.40.206 that removed LG GSA-H42 crossflashfeature.
You may download this updated version here