From the Official Site :
ImgBurn can write most types of CD / DVD images and it supports all the latest writers (including booktype / bitsetting on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, NEC, Plextor, Sony). You can even use ImgBurn to erase / format your rewritable media!
ImgBurn will try its very best to burn your DVD-Video double layer images using the layer break you've specified in the IFO files, but it can also calculate the best place for you, to save you the trouble.
Advanced functionality can be found in context menus that appear when you right click on various bits of the user interface. Can you find them all??!!
Below is the official change log for version 184.108.40.206:
- Added: 'Reset Settings' feature to the 'Options' tab in 'Build' mode.
- Added: 'Read' support for discs (DVDRAM etc) formatted with the FAT16/32 file system.
- Changed: Optimized the file system parsing code.
- Changed: Set default write buffer size to 40MB for people with 1GB of RAM or more (actually set at 980MB rather than 1GB this time).
- Changed: Set default path for IBG files to [APPDATA]\ImgBurn\IBG Files.
- Changed: Set default path for LOG files to [APPDATA]\ImgBurn\Log Files.
- Changed: The little 'DVDInfoPro' icon to the latest one - as taken from the program's exe.
- Changed: Upgraded to NSIS v2.25.
- Changed: Some internal workings of the 'Check For Program Updates' code.
- Fixed: Access Violation error when doing an 'on the fly' DL burn in Build mode.
- Fixed: DVDRAM discs formatted with FAT32 were always seen as 'empty' and so no 'overwrite' prompt was displayed if you tried to write to them.
- Fixed: Old drives that don't report the track mode correctly in the TOC could then read normal Mode1/2048 discs to a Mode1/2352 image.
- Fixed: Problem using numeric keypad to enter a custom number for 'sectors' in Discovery mode.
- Fixed: The layer break preview application wasn't working correctly under win 9x (Problems in the CreateProcess/ShellExecute wrappers).
- Fixed: The stars in the 'Select/Create Layer Break Position' window's list showed some odd graphics corruption under Win9x.
- Fixed: UDF file system parsing code could get stuck in a loop.
There was a new version released for ImgBurn shorty after this article was released. Below is the official change log for version 220.127.116.11:
- Added: Support for Lite-On drives to the 'Auto Change Book Type' feature.
- Added: Loading an IBB via CLI no longer requires a path. It'll use the current working directory if one isn't specified, making it a bit more portable.
- Added: '/OUTPUT' as an alternative to '/BUILDMODE' for a command line argument.
- Added/Changed: If Build mode detects the file 'I386\NTLDR', it will automatically enable the ISO9660/disable the Joliet options of adding versions numbers to file names.
- Changed: None of the build mode 'text' options will be changed if an IBB doesn't actually specify a value for that field.
- Changed/Fixed: Disabled 'Auto Calculate' whilst adding files / folders to the source list from an IBB file specifed via the CLI.
- Fixed: Incorrect signature matching (due to new FAT16/FAT32 file system detection code) on some images made them look odd sizes and have weird sector modes/sizes.
- Fixed: Drag + Drop of a folder containing an .ISO and a .MDS file (of the same name*) should have been filtering out the ISO and just adding the MDS.
- Fixed: The 'Remove All' button in the 'Write Queue' window wasn't being enabled when it should have been.
You may download this updated version here