A tool that records screen activity from your Windows Desktop into standard AVI movie
From the Author :
CamStudio records screen activity from your Windows Desktop into standard AVI movie files. It is an ideal tool for developing videos to demonstrate features of a new software or any other task that requires the capture of desktop activity.
The program is easy to use, and you can select an area or full desktop for recording. You can adjust the video quality settings to reduce file size, use custom cursors and add a soundtrack through your microphone or speakers.
Furthermore, you can add screen captions to your desktop while recording. These captions are anti-aliased, high quality images that support text display in multiple languages.
With the Video Annotation feature, you can also personalize your movie by including a webcam movie of yourself into the AVI.
Output Files: AVI
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Nov 28, 2019
- Fixed issue that moved Camtasia Editor to the wrong location when restoring the window
- Added ability to move playhead to a location where no media has been added
- Fixed a crash that could happen when previewing a transition after previewing a media in the Media Bin
- Fixed issue to allow sharing to Video Review from outside the United States
- Added ability to export a zipped project for filenames longer than 260 characters
- Fixed issue where a duplicate cursor would display after a stitching media
- Fixed problems with variable-bit-rate MP3 files that could cause skips or glitches
- Fixed intermittent crash while scrubbing the timeline
- Fixed crash when extending the beginning of an MP4
- Added an error message when importing a corrupt .trec file
- Fixed crash when exporting to MP3
- Tool menus no longer persist when switching between tools using keyboard shorcuts
- Fixed issue that caused canvas to resize when dragging media into the Camtasia Editor
- Fixed issue issue for incorrect display of location to drag media
- Fixed issue exporting images to the JPEG format
- Fixed issue that caused animations to shift when unstitching media
- Fixed issue with location of the canvas when it has been detached
- Fixed crash while editing annotations set to extremely large scales