This is the version history page for winLAME. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
Version 2017 beta 3
- Release Date: Dec 23, 2017
Today I released the version winLAME 2017 release. This is the final winLAME 2017 version. The following changes were made since the beta 3 version:
removed feedback buttons for release
fixed formatting errors from encoder following the encoding description
Version 2010 beta 2
- Release Date: Oct 23, 2017
- Reverted back to libsndfile 1.0.27 from 1.0.28, as the newer version crashes when encoding to FLAC format
- Fixed crashes in ID3 tag library; reported in CVE-2008-2109, CVE-2017-11550 and CVE-2017-11551, details at http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2017/Jul/85
- Fixed a crash when opening Ogg based input files, e.g. Ogg Vorbis, Speex and Opus
- Fixed a crash in Classic UI mode starting a new encoding batch after returning from a first encoding batch
- The following improvements were made:
- Updated LAME to the latest version 3.100, compiled by John33 from RareWares
- The "Encoding finish action" now actually does something (closing winLAME or standby the PC)
- Number of CPU cores used in Modern UI can now be configured in "General Settings"
- Added a more detailed "Task Details" lower pane to show all encoding infos for a task
- Added CD Auto-Play handler to start winLAME when a new CD is inserted into the disc drive
- When formatting CD track number using %track%, add leading zeros when there are more than 9 tracks
- When writing a playlist file and the option "use input folder as output location" is used, use the folder common to all files to store the playlist
- AAC quality range can now be set from 10 to 500, same as faac.exe Version 1.28
- Settings are now stored immediately when leaving a wizard page, not when the application exits
- In Classic mode, the user is also warned about overwriting input files, as in Modern UI mode
- Speex input file length is now shown properly
- Fixed bug where page title disappeared when minimizing and restoring winLAME window
- Setup: Added checkbox to start winLAME after setup completes
- Setup: Registry keys are now properly cleaned up when uninstalling, but are kept when upgrading to a newer version
- Setup: winLAME shortcut is now placed in the program menu directly, so it shows in the Windows 10 start menu list directly
- Portable: Added vcredist.exe in order to install the Visual C++ Runtime components when missing
Version 2010 beta 1
- Release Date: Jun 29, 2010
- Fixed renaming output files from temporary file to final file.
- Fixed lockup when writing an output file is skipped, and the next file is about to be written.
- Fixed version check for libFLAC.dll; only version up to 1.1.2 are supported currently (porting winLAME to the API changes would be welcomed!)
Version 2009 beta 2
- Release Date: Jan 13, 2010
- Fixed bug where encoding a file contained in a path containing non-ASCII characters would give an error.
- Upgraded LAME to 3.89.2, compiled with Intels ICL compiler
- Other small bug fixes
Version 2009 beta 1
- Release Date: Nov 3, 2009
- The about page showed a blank page.
- When a playlist was written, the playlist file only contained the last encoded file.
- When converting to Wave format, the comboboxes showed no drop-down list.
- Fixed a crash when reading an mp3 file that contained invalid ID3v2 tags
- Fixed crash when a freedb query for a CD returned multiple entries
- Fixed transferring genre field to encoded files
- Fixed reading and writing tags for WMA.
- Fixed installer that didn't install correct msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll
- Fixed bug where track numbers was always set to the same value and genre field was always set to "Blues"
- Fixed bug where the ID3v2 tag always contained a large length value
- Added a patch from Adam Kropelin that provides reading FLAC metadata when converting from FLAC files.
- Updated BASS and libsndfile libraries to latest versions
- Release Date: Apr 18, 2009
- * Updated encoding/decoding libraries: LAME 3.98.2, libsndfile-1.0.19 (fixes security
vulnerability, see Secunia advisory SA33980), libvorbis 1.2.0
* Support for reading/writing ID3v2 tags from/to .mp3 files
* Translatable user interface (english and german, at the moment)
* Full Unicode support for filenames
* Numerous bug fixes (see the winLAME bugtracker)