This is the version history page for VobBlanker. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: May 6, 2007
- Added: Control of minimum window size (in resizing windows)
- Added: Resizing grip indication (in the lower left corner)
- Added: Refuse to run if AnyDVD/DVD43 or DVDRegionFree are detected.
- Added: Split feature in MENUs. Up to 32 split points.
- Added: "Cut inside" splitting the cell in two parts in MENUs domain.
- Added: Check PTSs discontinuities when extending cells (replacing cells/titles).
- Added: Multiple splits pre cell. Up to 32 split points can be defined per cell in the same VobBlanker session.
- Added: GOP type and Cell elapsed time are shown in Preview
- Added: Absolute sector in preview
- Added: Check the maximum size of the output (menus and titles)
- Added: Automatically disable overlay if needed in VISTA.
- Improvement: Tooltips are visible when the controls are disabled.
- Improvement: Double click on a cell row in cell list now goes to split/still/replace or preview/cut dialogs, depending on the selected action
- Improvement: Message "Filename has to be *_1.VOB" removed if filesize < 1000MB
- Improvement?: GOP type detection now accepts first video pack in a non standard position
- Change: Defaults: Do not use overlay defaults to true, and NextPGC and PrevPGC pointers modification defaults to false
- Change: Return to file save dialog in case of error (extracting cells)
- Change: "Save project as" opens the file save dialog with the current project filename (if exists) instead of the default filename
- Change: Elapsed and duration times: hours are represented in one digit
- Change: Info in preview uses normal fonts. Deleted non-valid fields.
- Change: Errors compacted when loading a DVD with multiple errors in menus
- Change: 50% more space for ifos growing.
- Change: Menu VOB or last title VOB files in a VTS are allowed to be larger
- Change: Open GOP warning completely removed
- Change: Confusing message when ILV-ed cells are detected.
- BugFix: Not fixed, but workarounded. Disappearing dells dialog when hitting "split button"
- BugFix: Delete all title VOB files in output folder before processing the titles domain of a titleset
- BugFix: Bug in DVDPreview was crashing VobBlanker loading a PAL/NTSC mixed DVD than 1 GB (a warning is issued)
- BugFix: sizes of GB were reported as MB in dialogs
- BugFix: "Cut inside" splitting still was broken in some cases
- BugFix: In the case of 9 files in a VTS, the fixing packs procedure hanged
- BugFix: Only 98 VTS were supported
- BugFix: Negative (wrong) pointers in IFOs made VobBlanker crash
- BugFix: chapters table wrong when splitting cells
- BugFix: Settings in main dialog were lost opening more settings dialog
- BugFix: 32K smart GAP default was not always the same value
- BugFix: Changing Cell number in preview was not updating Time and GOP type
- BugFix: Special case where GOP type was not detected (was being marked as unknown)
- BugFix: PGC unit table was being created empty in smart GAPs
- BugFix: When removing unreferenced cells and renumbering, VOB pointers fixing phase was working with the list including the cells to be deleted, so some cells were adjusted twice.
- BugFix: Adding chapters when splitting cells could fail in some rare conditions
- BugFix: VobBlanker was not launching the fixing pointer phase when a cell number mismatch was detected replacing cells/pgcs
- Release Date: Jan 1, 2007
- Added: Added: Two MRU (Most Recent Files) menus added. One for DVDs and other for
- Added: Option to split the cell in two when "cutting inside" a cell
- Added: Buttons to go to cut points in preview
- Added: Smart GAPs: If configured, VobBlanker guarantees the gap creating (if needed) creates an empty menu of a calculated size that guarantees a different ECC block and 1/2 turn physical separation.The menu is made by one unreferenced blank cell and padding packs.This allows the user to burn with Nero using the smart gap trick
- Added: Warn the user if a substream is selected to be stripped and kept
- Added: One Sequence Title PGC checking
- Added: Splitting extracted file in 1 GB files in Cell extraction.
- Added: Default folders configuration (output, input and auto-save)
- Added: Registry keys to control (using regedit) HDD buffering and MRU
- Improvement: VobBlanker is now faster when input and output folders are in the same hard drive. (i.e checking "Use Input folder"). The improvement depends on the HDD and how it is configured. The difference could be minimum or more than two time faster depending on the HDD
- Improvement: TMAPTI is always created from scratch. Entries are created to all PGCs even the Non one-sequence-title-PGC ones, Only the ones shorter than one sec (usually dummies) will be empty.
- Improvement: The messages detecting pointers mismatch now show the detailed list of cells
- Improvement: TMAPTI entries accuracy improvement.
- Changed: VobBlanker automatically saves the log and project files if auto-save folder is configured.
- Changed: When stripping, if the same substream is selected to be kept and stripped (in different tracks) VobBlanker will not remove the stream from the VOB
- Changed: Numbering of subs and audio tracks from 0 to n-1 instead of 1 to n.
- Changed: Default when splitting cells: add program/chapter
- Changed: CFileDialog management changed internally. (No more assertion failures in Debug mode)
- BugFix: VobBlanker backup folder was not deleted if the process was aborted.
- BugFix: Replacing/blanking reused cells sometimes did not work fine.
- BugFix: VobBlanker was not creating VTSM_C_ADT if it was cleared
- BugFix: Sometimes, cutting Cells an extra Nav Pack was written.
- BugFix: TMAPTI end byte was not always the last byte of last entry
- BugFix: Deleting ADT & ADMAP menus tables in menus (when deleting all the cells) IFO was not compressed, and ADT & ADMAP title tables were not moved to previous sectors
- BugFix: Menu stream Attributes were not cleared when deleting a zero bytes menu.
- BugFix: VTS substreams list was wrong in the case of more than 8 subs
- BugFix: The warning if a cut was going to create orphan subs was not always issued.
- Note: The full changelog is included in the zip file
- Release Date: May 18, 2006
- Added: Multiple Cut. Cutting at cell level is now supported, so up to one cut per cell can be done per process session.
- Added: Cut cells capability in MENU domain.
- Added: Added some shortcuts in Main dialog Menu
- Menu Still all PGCs with audio
- Menu Still all PGCs w/o audio
- Menu Delete all no buttons PGCs
- Added: Re-run is now allowed without reload the project if "Use input folder" was not checked
- Added: Error checking in writting process (if disk full, i.e.). Also added a check on the available/required disk space before start processing.
- Added: I'm done audio alarm using two wav files: DoneOK.wav and DoneKO.wav.
- Improvement: Detection of ILV-ed Cells in KEEP mode with automatic activation of Fix VOB internal pointers phase. Very useful when stripping angles.
- Improvement: Detection of angles reading the PGCs in the IFO, instead of trust VIDEO_TS.IFO Titles table. Number of angles modified to one in all PGCs of a processed VTSs.
- Changed: Blank auto now keeps the PGCs with duration longer than 85% of the longest one. Useful for episodic DVDs
- Changed: Using last version of DVDPreview
- Changed: Disabled loading a PGC in Tiny in the case of multiple selection
- Changed: Statically linked mfc42. Seems wine did not work with shared dll
- Changed: Default of Autostart Tiny changed to False.
- BugFix: TMAPTI Overwrites next sector in some cases of wrong input IFOs
- BugFix: Loading "Process Titles" setting from project file was broken in 2.1.0.
- BugFix: Setting to default values in main dialog were the old ones (not updated)
- BugFix: Combinations of Reusing Language Units and deleting/blanking the reused LUs did not work well
- BugFix: Copying Audio Attributes when replacing did not work in some cases
- BugFix: Abort button in cells dialog did not move when resizing
- BugFix: All PGCs were always shown as non-ILVed.
- BugFix: Decoding the subs (to get their duration) failed in some cases, and an additional bug decoding wrong sub commands caused VobBlanker to hang in an infinite loop
- BugFix: Audio and subs attributes were not updated in VMG_VTS_ATRT of VIDEO_TS.IFO when copying the attributes from a replacing PGC. Now, VobBlanker always copies all the attributes (audio/video/subs) from the processed VTSs in menus and titles domain to this table of VMGR.
- BugFix: Copying audio/subs attributes when replacing a PGC did not copy all of the attributes
- Release Date: Jan 9, 2006
- Added: Title PGCs and Menu Tiny preview in main dialog. Note: New settings to configure tiny preview including one to disable it have been added (Disable Tiny can be useful in slow PCs).
- Added: Ability to fix SRI and SYNCI pointers in Menu domains.
- Added: Split-Cell ability in Titles domain. Splits a Cell and can add a new Program and a Chapter. Multiple splits (in different cells) are allowed ion the same process session
- Added: VID/CID renumbering ability. Selected as default instead of filling the VID/CID sequence with blank cells.
- Added: Motion2still accepts external I-Frames, from a VOB or bmp. bmps are converted using MuxMan.
- Added: Drag and Drop in preview pane (used in motion2still)
- Added: Tools menu to select external tools and Temporal folder
- Added: html links in Main Menu to homepage and guides
- Added: Registry key with the Version
- Added: Detection of ini/end cell pointers out of range.
- Added: VOB files FullScan: used to get the right cell ini/end pointers
- Added: Detection of cells in PGCs not listed in C_ADT tables
- Added: Detection of pointer mismatches between C_ADT and PGC tables.
- Added: Detection of possible orphan subs in cell split and title cut.
- Added: Check if any offset is out of IFO range (C_ADT, M_C_ADT, C_ADMAP...). If yes, issue a warning and change it to zero.
- Added: CLI options to run minimized (-min) and to run a fullscan (-scan). If scan is selected in CLI the related errors loading IFOs are skipped.
- Added: Menu option "Save project" added ("Save project as" was already there).
- Improvement: Window titles in Menus/Preview and Cell dialogs show the VTS and other useful info.
- Improvement: Playing a PGC in the preview automatically changes the Cell at the end of the current one
- Improvement: Some improvements opening the preview window to show the previous (if any) selected frame
- Improvement: Motion2still: Some improvements, mainly in motion2still w/o audio (I hope I didn't break anything). Now the output is much more similar (probably identical in motion2still w/o audio) to menushrink one.
- Improvement: Motion2still: Changed Highlight status to 1 in nav still. Thie value should be there, but in some rare cases could not be set in the original.
- Changed: Registry keys and project keys re-organized in sections in a more clear way. VobBlanker automatically deletes the old keys, but a manual deletion of all registry keys is recommended. Can be easily done with the reg files included in exe zip.
- Changed: Default values changed to yes in "blank cells w/o buttons" in motion2still and "Clear audio/subs status when blanking" in menus domain.
- BugFix: Playback tables cell flags and still times are now modified depending on how the cell has been processed, instead of how the PGC has been processed.This should be the same for non reused cells, but in the case of reused cells the previous method did not work at all.
- BugFix: Video Attributes (resolution) were not correctly mapped.
- BugFix: Replacing reused cells failed
- BugFix: Some minor problems in menu final size estimations
- BugFix: Subs SYNCI pointers: In the case of two subs in the VOBU, was pointing to the second one instead to the first one.
- BugFix: Audio SYNCI pointers: Sometimes VobBlanker was pointing to the audio pack before the right one.
- BugFix: Motion2Still: Fixed the case when the subs appear two VOBUs before the buttons (Star Wars I japanese version).
- BugFix: Two bugs in Motion2Still in titles domain.
- BugFix: Extract cell button was disabled if more than one cell were selected. Also, as an improvement, added an abort button...
- BugFix: Disappearing buttons issue: Not found the root cause, but coded a walkaround (little dirty, BTW).
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2005
- Added: Subpictures stripping ability. Includes VOBs scan to calculate subs size.
- Added: Global option to fix VOB internal pointers in any case.
- Added: Option to fix VOB internal pointers in replacing titles.
- Added: In preview dlg, added an option to save frame as BMP
- Added: Added code to detect out of memory exceptions in Writepack method.
- Added: Added option to autoplay when opening preview dialog.
- Added: Option to copy color palette when replacing PGC.
- Added: Options to copy Audio/subs tables and status when replacing PGC.
- Added: Show # of buttons (BOVs) in Titles (Cells and PGCs). VOB scan is required
- Added: Option to check/update STC discontinuity flags in PGC Playback tables, based
on written VOB
- Improvement: Subpictures stream control updates in the case of an AR change due replacing PGCs
- Improvement: Use the number of audio packs scanned to re-calculate the audio size
- Improvement: Subs SYNCI pointers are now calculated from scratch, decoding the subs.(*)
- Improvement: Option to delete unreferenced cells if they are last ones of a VOBID instead
of blank it. Up to now VB was only deleting the last ones of the whole VOB
- Improvement: Linked with new 2.0 DVDpreview version (Thanks, jeanl)
- Improvement: Multiline tooltips
- Improvement: Main window coordinates automatically saved/loaded
- Changed: New exe, smaller, linked with MFC42 as shared dll. This seems to fix
the missing buttons problem in some computers. As a drawback, Linux
users (using wine) will need to put the library mfc42.dll in the same
folder than VobBlanker.
- Changed: New icons courtesy of M7S
- Changed: Main dialog size reduced. Now it can be used with 800x600 resolution.
- Changed: Show the main dialog before load the DVD to allow the progress bar
to be visible when opening a DVD from shell with "open with.."
- BugFix: Strip Titles failed if the first pack of a VOB file (except the first one)
was a nav one.
- BugFix: TMAPTI was filled wrong when blanking cells (splitting a DVD9 to 2xDVD5 i.e.)
- BugFix: Fonts in Log window under Linux were too big.
- BugFix: Resizing main dialog bug (in Getinitialcoordinates).
- BugFix: Preview not always show a still when opening.
- BugFix: Main dialog resizing bug
- BugFix: A couple of bugs in preview fixed by jeanl
- (*) Useful in the case of IFOEDIT authored VOBs, because seems these pointers are not
correctly filled by IFOEDIT authoring engine. Note that IFOEDIT mock strip does not fix the
problem, because it does not re-calculate these pointers, "only" discounts the number
of deleted packs of the original values (zero in a mock strip).