MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Mar 3, 2017
Version 0.7.93, 2017-02-28
+ Matroska: detection of native FFV1 CodecID ("V_FFV1")
+ AC-3/E-AC-3: detection of Atmos inside core streams
+ AC-3/E-AC-3: slight reorganization of metadata display for dual mono and surround
+ AC-3/E-AC-3: "complete main" and similar info moved to "Service kind" dedicated line
+ AC-3/E-AC-3: more precision about how is built a stream (e.g. "E-AC-3+Atmos / E-AC-3" or "TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD / AC-3")
+ WTV: basic detection
+ MPEG-TS: Detection of Opus
+ URL: "URLEncode" option for saying if the input should be URL encoded or not (default is guess = no change except if it contains spaces)
x MediaTrace: for bitstreams (not bytestreams), bit offset was wrong
x HLS: duration was sometimes wrong, reading only the first TS file duration. Now full duration is displayed
x MPEG-TS: if stream is encrypted or invalid, level was sometimes not the expected one for AVC (e.g. "BaseLine@3.0" instead of "Baseline@3")
x Matroska: FFV1 stream width/height was not initialized when Matroska track header width/height is after CodecID
x FFV1: fix potential crash with some buggy slice headers
x Matroska: crash in case of big attachment and CRC32 present
x Bug correction
#number is the identifier of bug report (B), requested feature (F) or patch (P)
Bug reports and feature request are here :