MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Dec 2, 2016
Version 0.7.91, 2016-11-30
+ Add TIFF extension to Windows shell extension
x Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16.10+: Remove unneeded dependency
+ IMF and PTX: more languages detected from file names (but the full list of common languages tags still need to be added)
+ IMF and PTX: support of non-standard but common "LAS" = "Spanish (Latin America)" language code
+ MXF: Support of color primaries, transfer characteristic, coding equations defined in SMPTE ST 2067-21:2016 e.g. xvYCC or BT.2020
+ Minor performance optimizations and cleanup (Thanks to Pavel Pimenov)
+ MediaTrace optimization for Matroska
x Fixed parsing of FFV1 v0/v1
x PTX: fix crash due to bad parsing of some file names while looking for track language
x Bug correction
#number is the identifier of bug report (B), requested feature (F) or patch (P)
Bug reports and feature request are here :