MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Sep 12, 2019
+ AC-4: basic detection, raw, in MP4 or TS
+ AC-3/E-AC-3: display time code of the first frame
+ Don't show anymore by default "encoded" bit rates and stream sizes
+ MOV: Decode more language codes
x MXF: some metadata were missing
x AC-3: AC-3 actually has no bit depth, removing the default 16 value
x AC-3/E-AC-3: fix bitrate info (so duration) with streams having a time code
x AC-3: parse more frames also when in MP4, in order to better detect JOC (Atmos)
x MP4: do not show audio bit depth if it is the "default" 16 (value is not trustable enough)
x ProRes RAW: we know only width and height
x SubRip: bad handling of files having a quote character