MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2017
Version 17.12, 2017-12-21
+ MediaInfoOnline: https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline
+ Dolby Vision: detection of Dolby Vision and display of profile for MPEG-TS and MP4 files
+ MPEG-4: Support of external time code tracks (.qtc)
+ JPEG 2000: Support of IMF profiles
+ F523, BDMV: Support of UHD Blu-ray playlist
+ Endianness and Sign report for PCM Matroska tracks
+ MPEG-4: Resolume DXV display
+ MPEG-4: support of file names >64 chars long or non ASCII for referenced files
+ Slight binary size optimizations
+ colour_description: some changes in order to have more readable names (DCI P3, Display P3, sRGB)
x MP4: crash with some HEVC streams with Dolby Vision
x VC-3: frame rate should not be detected as wrong when there are several frames per block
x Matroska: wrong color range info
x Matroska: fix crash with some corrupted files
x MXF: better support of height when there is an incoherence between header and footer
x transfer_characteristics: fix BT.2020 difference between values 14 and 15
x Trace: fix freeze with some files
x Trace: invalid character encoding with some MOV files
x Some memory leak fixes