MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Jun 2, 2017
Version 0.7.96, 2017-06-01
+ MPEG-4: display of recorded date from DV substream
x I505, AC-3: crash with some potentially malformed frames
x I477, AVC: fix hang when open .mpls from some 3D BD
x MPEG-4: does not show "1904" year is raw value is 0 (Mac/Linux)
x Dedicated read thread disabled by default (rare dead locks)
x #B1027, MPEG-TS: some files where detected as MPEG-TS or BDAV but they aren't
x Sequence of files : frame count was wrong with sequence of MPEG-TS files (was count of files)
x MXF: detection of more 608/708 with parsing of few frames in the middle of the file was broken