MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Nov 3, 2017
Version 17.10, 2017-11-02
+ We need your support! Visit https://mediaarea.net/SupportUs
+ Version scheme is now YY.MM (year dot month, 2 digits each)
+ New MediaInfo XML output, with XSD, more suitable for automatic parsing. Use Option("Inform", "OLDXML") for keeping previous behavior
+ New "Info_OutputFormats" option for listing supported output formats
+ Universal Ad ID: refactored display, better display of value and registry, XML name slightly modified
+ MOV: support of HDR metadata (MasteringDisplayColorVolume, MaxCLL, MaxFALL)
+ BWF: display of UMID and loudness info
+ AAC: show program_config_element in trace
+ MPEG Audio: frame rate info
+ PCM in WAV and Matroska: Support of ValidBitsPerSample
+ I197, EBUCore: 1.8 output uses now final version of XSD and final XSD location
+ Matroska: tweaking frame rate empirical detection for some corner cases
x I1070, LAME 3.100 info tag was incorrectly parsed
x B1068, MPEG Audio: Incoherent duration between General and Audio parts, Audio part duration fixed
x Matroska: showing "A_MS/ACM" Matroska CodecID
x MXF: Fix crash with some buggy files
x MXF: was not well supporting MXF referencing only 1 file
x PCM in WAV: 8-bit content is unsigned and without endianess
x PCM in WAV and Matroska: More coherency between Wave info and ExtensibleWave Info (bitdepth, sign)
x WAV: GUID display was with first 8 bytes in wrong order
x Several crash fixes