MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
What can I do with it?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalisation: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
Main Categories: AVI (DivX, Xvid ...)
, High Definition (Blu-ray, HD DVD, HDTV)
, MPEG-4 (ASF/WMV, QuickTime, Real, VC-1, H.264 ...)
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, Blu-ray, DivX, DTS, DVD, FLV, HD DVD, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG/OGM, RAM, RM/RMVB, VOB, WAV, WMV, Xvid
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Linux/Unix
View complete revision history
- Release Date: May 10, 2018
Version 18.05, 2018-05-09
+ PBCore 2.1 export update, sponsored by WGBH as part of the NEH-funded PBCore Development and Preservation Project
+ TIFF: more IFDs are supported (density, software...)
+ NISO Z39.87 output
x Mastering Display Color Primaries: was always showing BT.709 instead of real value, when present
x Attachments: do not provide anymore attachments content in XML by default, fixes