This is the version history page for GUI for dvdauthor. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Jul 24, 2008
- Bugfix: CPU dependency (crash on some CPUs) for mjpegtools (png2yuv, mplex...) removed (THX ssbssa)
- Bugfix: Error for mplex: "Need to split output but there appears to be no %d in the filename pattern" removed (THX ssbssa)
- Release Date: Jul 17, 2008
- Bugfix: Updated syntax for the new imgburn version (220.127.116.11)
- Bugfix: Install packages include the new mingw version of dvdauthor
- Release Date: Jul 10, 2008
- Bugfix: Better algorithm for the button autorouter in MuxMan mode
- Bugfix: Wrong warning for some (long) mpg/vob files: SCR moves backwards!
- Bugfix: Sometimes sup2png has created subs with 'negative duration'
- Bugfix: Frame type highlights were cropped from right and bottom side
- Bugfix: Loop for animated menus was reset (if deactivated in the Add menu dialog)
- Bugfix: Very short GOPs (i.e. if'frame accurate' cutting was done with cuttermaran) created jerking on the final DVD (dvdauthor only)
- Changed logik for Mainsubmenus in MuxMan mode: After the film is finished, the 'calling' Mainsubmenu (where the filmbutton was added)is loaded (in prior versions always the mainmenu)
- Transitions between menus can be created: Crossfade or fade in/fade out (or user edited avisynth script)
- Alingment and distribution tool for selected objects (similar functionality as in usual drawing programs)
- An additional own gifmask folder may be used (the folder location is ...
- Release Date: May 16, 2007
- Bug fix: The size indicator was disabled
- Release Date: May 10, 2007
- Bugfix: Clips (on animated menus) were not alway updated if the video was replaced
- Bugfix: Requantized video files were not deleted (in muxman mode only) if delete temp files was activ
- Bugfix: Check for overlapping buttons (in muxman mode only) not 'failsafe'
- Bugfix: ChapEditGFD now checks if a chapter is already defined
- Bugfix: If you double click on a chapter button, no option was selected -> Crash
- Bugfix: If only one chapter (not 00:00:00) was defined in ChapEditGFD, this was not transferred to GfD
- New text effect: Outline (with variable color)
- In dvdauthor mode VOB files may be used directly (no rename to mpg necessary)
- 4:3/16:9 Menu aspect ratio may be changed per titleset (Menu-background-dialog for a TitlesetXXMenu)
- 96KHz wav files can be used (Audiotitlesets with MuxMan only)
- In dvdauthor mode you may specify a 'stream offset' for subtitles (useful if the mpg/vob file already contains subtitle streams)
- Update of HCEnc (to version 0.21)
- Update of MuxMan (to version 0.15R)
- Release Date: Mar 23, 2007
- Bugfix: Some SA DVD Players had navigation problems (buttons doesn't work on menus created with MuxMan)
- UOPs may be set for titles and menus (MuxMan only)
- The menu type (audiomenu, subtitlemenu...) can be changed in the menu background dialog
- New timecode concept for NTSC: All timecodes in GfD (durations, chaptermarks...) are in 'real time' now
- If the timecodes in the mpeg video are NTSC non drop frame, these are converted to 'real time'
- Chapter marks should now fit better to the given timings (not perfect, i.e. for streams with pull down flags, but better...)
- No 'wrong' warning for NTSC non drop frame mpeg files (Inconsistent Timecodes! SCR<>GOP)
- Some improvements for ChapEditGFD
- The last frame set with the slider 'stays' if you release the mouse button
- The timecode shown as tooltip on the slider is 'real time'
- Chapter marks can be shown as icons below the slider for better 'visualization'
- New dvdauthor package (0.6.14)
- Update of HCEnc (to version 0.20)
- Changed the start policy for HC: The encoder is started as HCEnc.exe (independent from the version)
- If you use an own downloaded version of HC, copy it into the dvdauthor path and rename it to HCenc.exe
- Release Date: Feb 20, 2007
- Bugfix: Videos could not be inserted from the root directory of a drive:
- (The error: 'No sequence header found' was raised)
- Copy to clipboard function for normal menu preview (not for 'AVS preview):
- (Can be used to create 'transitions' with external programs
- Release Date: Feb 16, 2007
- MuxMan can be used as alternative 'authoring engine'
- Playlists for chapters (or titles of an Audiotitleset)
- PlayAll button
- Pre/post command editor
- Blur for menus and background of Audiotitlesets
- ImgBurn support
- Iso-image creation
- Block and shadow effects for free text
- New dvdauthor package (0.6.13-GfD-1)
- Includes these new patches: -w to supress some warnings; ensure vobunits have pts with at least 0.4 seconds
- Update of scripting for animated menus:
- (DGIndex 1.4.8, Avisynth 2.5.7, QuEnc 0.71, HCEnc 0.19)
- Release Date: Mar 11, 2006
- Settings may be changed without saving (IMPORTANT!)
- If you click on OK within the default settings dialog, the settings are used for the current project only (or until you close GFD respectively). Only if 'Save' is clicked, the settings are saved in the registry.
- Settings may also be saves as 'presets'. This enables you to change settings for different kinds of menus (main/chapter) quite fast. Only reasonable settings are saved/loaded (no permanent or general project)
- New help system (context sensitive)
- Hide button for hidden formatting of automatically added buttons (like back-buttons)
- Hidden formatted buttons are not created at all (neither in the png nor in the XML files)
- Fixed a bug for repositioning of buttons with underlying graphic
- Timeline is shown and fast forward/reverse possible for audio only titlesets
- Thanks to C. Patel who created a small program (insnav) to add the necessary navigation packs
- Insnav may also be used for still menus with audio => better 'behaviour' on some (but not all) SA players
- New size presets (better fit / less interlace artifacts)
- New setting: No menus (in response to many requests...)
- For single VTS no menus are created at all; for multi VTS empty (black) dummy mpegs are used (at least Nero rises an error otherwise), but these are never shown (jumped over)
- If 'no menus' is activated, advanced mode and animations are disabled and the start/end actions are automatically set to 'Play movie' and 'Next title'
- Bugfix for the bitrate setting for menu backgrounds
- Bugfix for file select dialogs (these were wrongly show empty at the first start)
- Moving of elements (Buttons/Images/Animations) with cursor-keys possible
- Use shift + cursor-keys to move elements with raster
- New checkbox: Loop with jump menu (fixes the shortening of loops for PowerDVD and some SA players)
- New checkbox (videofile dialog): Autostart subtitle - starts the movie with the first subtitlestream switched on
- ChapEdit uses white as standard color within the crop settings (usually you want to get rid of black borders... easier visible now)
- ChapEdit has a new checkbox: 'Create as 00:00:00.000'
- Only selectable with 'No chapters' also checked and automatically untagged after usage.
May be used to save a clip or image as videofile_00_00_00.000.bmp/vob to avoid the (often only black) start frame. Should be used AFTER automatic chapter methods, otherwise the 'special' videofile_00_00_00.000.bmp/vob is overwritten with the 'standard' one
- Bugfix for switched menus with more than 5 buttons
- The highlight type: 'Gifmask only' may be set as default within the settings
- You can save a 'global' log file to log all 'CreateDVD' runs (only project name, output folder, contained video files and status are written)
- New compiled dvdauthor package (0.6.12-alpha-2992-GfD-5) which fixes the 11000 seconds bug (prior version crashed with videos longer than 11000 seconds ~ 3 hours and 5 minutes)