This is the version history page for AutoQMatEnc. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Aug 12, 2006
- Corrected OPV, it was not working properly when Q=1 (Thank you Danpos for finding it)
- Improved OPV quality, should be better but slower!!!!
- Added new parameters for QMatOp tweakings (Requested by Archeo)
- qmat_min_intra=### , Minimum value for intra values (default 8)
- qmat_max_intra=###, Maximum value for intra values (default 255)
- qmat_min_inter=###, Minimum value for inter values (default 16)
- qmat_max_inter=###, Maximum value for inter values (default 255)
- dctune_prec=##, Precision percentage (integer value from 1-100)for DCTune (default 5)
- Tweaked QMatOp (A bit slower but better) : The default speed is a bit lower
- MPEG2 CBR implemented....
- FPS displayed (Requested by Fox Ace)
- Fine tuned QMatOp for Ultra Low Bitrates
- Totally rewrote the rate control for high bitrates. (3 passes highly recommended for a good sizing)
- Constraints are respected now : No more spikes above the Max bitrate
- Sizing as good as good as "normal" bitrates with 3 passes (1 Vaf + 2 VBR)
- Tuned QMatOp on very hard to encode scenes. (Ex: Pitch Black "crash down" scene)
- Added a pulldown function (very experimental) :
- pulldown_detect=#(1: 23.976->29.97, 2:24.000->29.97, 3:25.000->29.97)
- It's applied once the movie is encoded, so for a PAL->NTSC conversion, select a PAL encode, then pulldown_detect=3
- AutoBias : If vbr_bias>=0 , automatic else for a manual bias just set it as a negative value.
- Added a special mode correction when in high bitrates if the movie is oversized, a new faster method is called to correct it.
- Added some timed log functions. Now everything is timestamped in the log file.
- OPV Mode : It should simulate a little bit more the CCE behaviour :
- Range is now 0-300 like CCE
- The curve is a 1/x^2 kind of function.....a bit like CCE
- Tweaked the rate control for the embedded Pulldown application
- Improved quality at high bitrates.(Macroblock at scene changes bug)
- Worked on the Rate Control without QMatOp, a new function was implemented in order to work as if QMatOp is on.
- Corrections of minor bugs.
- Average FPS written to the log
- "Animation" mode implemented (Depending on some specific conditions some vids are detected as being animation kind and then the behaviour of the rate control is different)
- Added a feature in the animation mode : Scene Change Threshold is adjusted if too low.
- AQE is fully compatible in a multi instance mode now : AQE^n (from Darksoul71) for example
- Added an auto max QMatOp intra/inter value feature, it seems to correct some macro blocking in some cases (I will call it the Appleseed bug! :) Thanks to swiftninja for finding this one! )
- Release Date: Feb 16, 2006
- Faster/Better QMatOp - Thank you OXA for your help on this
- Corrected some bugs in OPV
- Improved the First pass analyzer....3 passes should be enough 99% of the time
- No more blocking artefacts. (when the bitrate allows it)
- Corrected a bug for very big videos (Found by Fantoman) : I had to change some parts of the code from 32 bits to 64 bits
- Improved again the first pass analyzer for the min Q values, it improves again the RC.
- Corrected some minor display bugs.
- Display version info in the log
- Create New VAF parameter taken into account now
- Multithread enabled version (Highly experimental) - Posix Threads used.
- Parameter : threads=## , ## being the number of threads.
- Total time info displayed and added in the log
- Auto Multithreading : if threads=1 or not mentioned => Automatic, if threads = # manual number of threads, if threads = 0 Multithreading disabled
- Multithreaded QMatOp phase (Windows threads for this part)
- Smaller logs, only really pertinent info is kept now.
- Smaller displays
- Corrected a bug in the display of the size of the very big files (Multipass)
- Corrected the RC for OPV.
- Corrected the Multipass RC, Sizing at high bitrates should be improved.
- (Thank you to Fox Ace for his tests)
- Added the MPEG1 encoding feature :
- MPEG1 = 1 means MPEG1 will be encoded
- cbr_rate : Bitrate for MPEG1 (which is always CBR)
- Chapters insertions (multipass only)
- Same than CCE SP : chapter= ## , ## being the frame number. Only constraint for now, they must be ordered. Example:
- Improved QMatOp with some new extended restrictions but still MPEG2 compliant.