This is the version history page for Aud-X 5.1 Surround Codec, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Aug 22, 2007
- MP3 48 kHz problems fixed
- PseudoSurround artifacts for noisy signals eliminated
- Release Date: Jun 16, 2006
- Memory leakage problems of the Virtual Surround (VS) module fixed
- AC3 5.1 decoding and conversion to the VS stereo problems fixed
- Code optimizations of the VS module
- DolbyProLogicII decoder module separation filter quality adjustments
- Code optimizations of the PseudoSurround module
- Release Date: Jun 2, 2006
- Sound quality improvements of the DolbyProLogicII decoder
- New Virtual Surround (VS) DSP algorithm which allows for recreating surround panorama on stereo headphones. The algorithm is based on modified HRTF (Head Related Transform Function) filters with linear error correction adjustements. In addition, it consists of DSP routines emulating acoustic wave propagation in a midium size room (20 square meters) equipped with 5.1 speakers set. The VS algorithm can be configured to emulate surround panorama based on Aud-X sounds, but also on AC3 5.1, or can be applied to any other 5.1 source when the DirectShow filter is configured as a postprocessing unit.
- Release Date: Apr 5, 2006
- Compatibility bugs related to Windows Media Player Classic fixed.
- Compatibility bugs related to Nero Recode fixed.
- Compatibility bugs related too Ogg Vorbis DirectShow filter fixed.
- Other minor DirectShow related problems fixed.
- Release Date: Mar 13, 2006
- DolbyProLogicII DSP decoder. This is the only free and truly working DolbyProLogicII decoding algorithm (with proper front vs. rear channels separation).
- New set of DirectShow configuration options, which allow for easy disabling/enabling of the Aud-X DShow filter, without the need of reinstallation.
- Direct AC3 to Aud-X transcoding via the executable front-end.
- Memory leakage problems fixed.
- Release Date: Jan 25, 2006
- Aud-X DShow decoder does not block access to FFDShow Audio any more. Standard mp3 tracks are now decoded with orginally installed mp3 decoder (eg. FFDShow Audio) and next the sound is passed to Aud-X for pseudosurround or just playback. This way users do not loose access to their favorite configuration pannels provided by their previous mp3 decoders.
- Aud-X DShow decoder does not block access to AC3 Decoder. Now both work together smoothly and you can access features in AC3 Decorer and Aud-X at the same time.
- Aud-X Decoder is used alone only for Aud-X encoded surround tracks.
- Release Date: Jan 12, 2006