This is the version history page for AsfBin, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Feb 1, 2012
- Added output file duration micro-corrections to make it more precise when joining multiple files together.
- All markers, scripts and attributes input files used to provide the list of data to embed in the resulting output file now can handle correctly UTF-8 text files allowing using any languages like Japanese or Arabic. Escape characters may be now used. IMPORTANT! To get '' into ASF file you need to escape it by doubling it ('\').
- AsfBin can fix files that were having incorrect entries in the metadata object preventing it from playing by major video players like VLC or Media Player Classic.
- Release Date: Aug 18, 2011
- Corrected issue with processing large files having script command stream. Asfbin was running out of memory in these cases (for files >2GB).
- Corrected codec initialization function when joining two segments and the first segment does not have samples in a stream for which we are initializing a codec.
- Release Date: Dec 21, 2010
- A bug connected with processing files containing script command stream corrected has been fixed. The total time spread of all samples gathered in a single packet could go beyond 65536 ms, what was against ASF specification.
- Fixed Asfbin issue of loosing last script command sample.
- Fixed issue of timing of script commands and markers stored in ASF header after cutting out fragments from an original file when actual start time differs from demanded time due to distand key frame location.
- FINALLY, thousands of tests was performed to find and correct any existing bugs.
- Release Date: Dec 2, 2010
- The way Markers and Script commands are stored where radically changed to sort out the continuous problems with them.
- Fixed markers dialog and script commands dialog. Now you can edit them and it works. You can delete existing markers, add new ones or change times or text of exisitng markers. It applies also to script commands.
- Attributes setting dialog was fixed.
- Pressing Enter was closing AsfBinWin. Now Enter acts as Space on buttons or confirmation action on other active elements.
- Fixed routine that was checking if we are not writing to one of the ibput files.
- Release Date: Nov 8, 2010
- Finally added preview window allowing you precisely selecttimes when editing should take place. The are multiple ways of selecting time: - keys (arrows, page up/down, home/end) - mouse - speed modifiers (hold Shift and/or Control keys to modify the behaviour) Preview allows you to select which video stream to view andcan snap time to an exact frame presentation time.
- All path inputs are equipped with AutoComplete feature speeding up the process of typing path (input/output paths). You can still use the Browse button to open the standard Open/Save dialog.
- Most of the crucial controls have Tooltips associated explaining how to use them.
- Range slider, allowing you to select time ranges within selected files nicely show you by using different colors where each file, constituting the virtually connected file, starts and ends.
- Ability to invert selected ranges by just one button click.
- Advanced setting dialog simplified.
- Logging capability added. You can select one of 3 availableverbosity levels when writing to the log file.
- You can load and save Script Command to and from external file.
- You can load and save Markers to and from external file.
- When precise recompression is not possible due to missing codeds warning signs are shown (with associated tool tips).
- Preview window position can be snapped to the main window edges.
- Release Date: Oct 27, 2009
- Corrected issue with processing over 4GB files.
- Corrected problem with scripts not beeing copied from the original file if copying range was not specified.
- Corrected the issue with the script samples distance limitation that was set to 65s. Now it can be unlimited.
- Release Date: May 13, 2008
- Totally rewritten sample packing algorithm so even multiaudio files with no video are packed optimally. This will also fix problems with files containing script commands and some issues with streaming ASF files via Windows Media Server.
- Finally added DMO support when recompressing video. By using one of two new switches -vcm and -dmo a desired technology can be selected. By default it is VCM.
- Added -infohdr switch to show all info from ASF header.
- Added -optps switch that calculates the optimal size of the packet to minimize data padding.
- Corrected timing of script commands and markers stored in the header after cutting out fragments from an original file when actual start time differs from demanded time due to distand key frame location.
- Removed size limitation of record data in metadata objects in header.
- Release Date: Apr 26, 2007
- The total file size info kept in the ASF header was not properly updated. This resulted in lack of seeking possibilities when streaming processed file via Windows Media Server.
- Bug connected with processing files containing script command stream corrected. The total time spread of all samples gathered in a single packet could go beyond 65536 ms, what was against ASF specification.
- Asfbin was losing last script command sample. This bug is corrected in this version.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2006
- New quality in cutting ASF files! AsfBin is capable to cut files at any position with the accuracy to one video frame regardless there is a key frame or not, while maintaining maximum fidelity to the original. To enable this feature use -rkf switch. This is not enabled by default because so far not all video formats are supported.
- To perform system configuration check in order to enable as many codecs as possible for AsfBin use -cfg switch. AsfBin performs this check anyway, but only once for given Windows configuration.
- Improved recovery of damaged ASF files.