This is the version history page for Zoom Player Home MAX. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 14.4 (Oct 12, 2018)
- Version 14.3 (Aug 15, 2018)
- Version 14.2 (Jul 13, 2018)
- Version 14.1 (Feb 3, 2018)
- Version 14.0 (Nov 30, 2017)
- Version 13.7.1 (Jul 23, 2017)
- Version 13.7 (Jul 7, 2017)
- Version 12.7 (Dec 1, 2016)
- Version 12.5 (Sep 23, 2016)
- Version 12.1 (Jul 14, 2016)
- Version 11.1 (Nov 26, 2015)
- Version 11 (Nov 16, 2015)
- Version 10.5 (Jul 10, 2015)
- Version 10.0 (Mar 6, 2015)
- Version 9.5.0 (Nov 7, 2014)
- Version 9.4.1 (Sep 30, 2014)
- Version 9.4.0 (Sep 22, 2014)
- Version 9.3.0 (Sep 2, 2014)
- Version 9.2 (Jul 31, 2014)
- Version 9.1 (Jul 2, 2014)
- Version 9.0.2 (Apr 30, 2014)
- Version 9.0.1 (Apr 20, 2014)
- Version 9.0 (Apr 13, 2014)
- Version 8.6.1 (Mar 15, 2013)
- Version 8.5.1 (Jan 2, 2013)
- Version 8.5 (Nov 1, 2012)
- Version 8.1.6 (Apr 20, 2012)
- Version 8.1.5 (Apr 18, 2012)
- Version 8.1.1 (Feb 14, 2012)
- Version 8.1 (Jan 6, 2012)
- Version 8.0 (Nov 14, 2011)
- Version 7.00 (Nov 18, 2009)
- Version 6.00 (Sep 3, 2008)
- Release Date: Oct 12, 2018
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.4:
* Initial support for the AV1 video compression format: AOMedia Video 1 (AV1), is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia), a consortium of firms from the semiconductor industry, video on demand providers, and web browser developers, founded in 2015. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV1
The AV1 codec should eventually provide a 20% superior image quality/bitrate compared to HEVC (H.265).
* New "Run Application" media library plugin that lets you run applications and scripts directly from a media library category thumbnail.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface), Station manager should stay on top of other application when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback), Load .URL files as streaming media (otherwise load as web page).
* New (Adv. Options / Playback) "On play complete" option to execute an application or script as soon as the playlist completes playing.
+ Media library meta-data scraping had issues with long file paths and URLs (over 200 characaters, depending on Zoom Player's installation path) due to an early design decision to make the cached entries easy to identify using their file names and URL addresses. However, to this day, windows does not support paths longer than 255 characters correctly. As a work-around, if a long file name or url is processed, the cache mechanism now uses a short hash instead of the full file name or url.
+ Enhanced support for RSS feed thumbnails. More thumbnails should show up when adding RSS feeds as media library categories (including more category thumbnail for feeds that support them).
+ If an RSS Feed has multiple entries with the same publish date, the entries will now be second-level sorted by URL.
+ The number of RSS entries cached by the media library plugin has been raised from 2000 to 5000.
+ Two Sonique visualization resolution settings have changed from an aspect ratio of 4:3 to 16:9 : 320x240 -> 320x180 640x480 -> 640x360
This change may not be reflected in the drop-down list if you are not using an updated language pack, but this is just cosmetic, the new resolutions are set according to the numbers above.
+ Enhanced the SHOUTcast station sorting.
+ When downloading playlists, Zoom Player now uses the windows temp folder instead of the 'my documents'.
+ When playing archive files (zip/rar), the archive is now extracted to the windows temp folder instead of 'my documents'.
+ Meta-data returned when playing streaming audio is now trimmed to remove superfluous spaces before/after the returned text.
- A race condition caused the scrape manager thread not to signal it is terminating correctly, causing Zoom Player to freeze on exit.
- The media library playlist plugin now supports playlist URLs longer than 255 characters long.
- RSS feeds containing a special unicode line-break character in the description would trigger a freeze when opening the RSS media library category a second time.
- Enabling the "Share Play History at a custom path" setting and not specifying a trailing "" in the folder name would cause the play history to be saved incorrectly.
- The "Continue to the next Playlist item when an invalid file is played" setting would skip tracks if the unplayable media was the last playlist entry.
- Opening a playlist from the file-open dialog would not always preserve the active playlist entry as specified in the playlist file.
- Some unicode characters did not show up correctly in the playlist editor and music OSD if the font did not support the characters. Now a different windows text-rendering function is used, one that takes unsupported character from a system-default font.
- When including an executable entry in the playlist, playback did not progress to the next track correctly and would cause the wrong title to appear in the playlist editor.
- Playing an audio file with visualization could cause the right click menu to show multiple "close navigator" entries when right-clicking on a fullscreen navigation interface.
- The SHOUTcast station browser would show duplicate entries after opening the dialog multiple times on different days.
- When playing SHOUTcast/ICEcast streams, playing the next track would cause the previously playing title to overwrite the new track's title in the playlist editor.
- Opening a streaming URL from clipboard (Alt+Ctrl+"U") failed to work if the URL was a playlist.
- Pressing the "Play (add to playlist)" button while a navigation interface was visible and the "Stop closes the navigation interfaces" setting was enabled prevented playback of the station from starting.
- Parsing ".CUE" files failed when the an entry contained the word "TRACK" in either the performer or title tags.
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2018
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
What's new in Zoom Player v14.3:
* You can now perform sorting (by Listeners, Name, BitRate & Format) in the SHOUTcast station browser dialog.
+ When the up/down arrow keys are assigned to next/previous chapter or track, the up/down keys were not set logically, now pressing down will go to the next track/chapter and pressing up will go to the previous track/chapter.
+ Opening a YouTube channel with no internet connection now shows a refresh option instead of a message that the category is empty.
+ Using the 'Open subtitle file' to add a subtitle to the currently playing media now initializes the file selection dialog to open in the playing media's folder.
+ The stream selection fullscreen navigation interface will no longer automatically close when switching between tracks.
+ You can now open the stream selection fullscreen navigation interface even if no media is currently playing.
- Due to a language file that was not updated in version 14.2, the titles on navigation interfaces showed the wrong title.
- Pressing the "Load More" button in media library categories with a plugin capable of showing multiple pages (e.g. YouTube) would cause the "refresh" option to disappear if there were no more media to list.
- The RSS feed media library plugin was not showing the correct publishing dates for some RSS feed (e.g. YouTube RSS).
- Trying to load a playlist through the Open URL (Shift+"U") dialog failed with an error message.
- The media library playlist plugin did not function properly under some conditions, reporting an empty category.
- The media library playlist plugin did not use a clean category name when a playlist URL was used instead of an actual file.
- Release Date: Jul 13, 2018
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.2:
* New "Favorites" fullscreen navigation interface. Any media can be added to the favorites list through the media library or file browsing navigational interfaces. Please note that this change required resetting the "Navigation interfaces on main navigator" feature to it's default value (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation).
* When using the "Open URL" function, a new "Clear playlist" checkbox is now available (previously the playlist was always cleared).
* With LAV Filters v0.71, a D3D11 hardware decoding mode has been added. You can instruct LAV to use this mode automatically by setting the option under "Adv. Options / Playback / Video".
+ The "Play History database may be corrupted" message will no longer appear unless the play history file is actually corrupted.
+ You can now set the "Retain Media Playback History for" value to 99999 days (~2738 years), up from the original 9999 days (~27 years), just in case one of you finds immortality and wished to use Zoom Player forever.
+ The torrents plugin should now shutdown a little faster if Zoom Player closes while the plugin was fetching an updated file list.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the previously active audio track from being restored when re-playing a video with multiple audio tracks.
- Opening a playlist from navigation interfaces loaded the playlist but did not automatically start playing it.
- The fullscreen navigation's text Anti-Aliasing setting was being reset after restarting the player.
- Bug Fixes.
- Release Date: Feb 3, 2018
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.1:
* Automatic support for native Windows 7-10 media library folder structure (previously only the more basic Windows XP-Vista library structure was supported).
* New setting (Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions" to instruct Zoom Player to process ".m3u8" playlists. This setting is disabled by default as it can cause conflicts with services that require DirectShow filters to process this type of playlist format.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker) to specify the download tracking plugins refresh rate.
This value only affects the media library and file browsing navigation interfaces, the download tracking navigation interface refreshes at a higher rate automatically. Please note that using a low number (under 10 seconds) may impact performance when tracking large file lists (over 10,000 entries).
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that do not actually exist on the disk drive. This setting is off by default but can increase performance when dealing with a large number of torrents that were only partially downloaded.
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that are marked as "do not download". This setting is off by default. Enabling this setting can reduce some computations and speed up the listing process but at the same time it prevents you from later changing the download priority on these files.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to enable Zoom Player's DSP filter only for visualizations.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to set an initial audio re-synchronization value for visualizations (Zoom Player's DSP filter is required for this setting to function).
* The last play position is now drawn over the thumbnail in TV Jukebox mode.
+ Windows 10 creators edition changed how fonts are rendered by enabling clear-type rendering at higher resolutions. Clear-type is a lot slower to draw and at resolutions above 1080p causes severe performance degradation in Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interfaces. Previously, to solve this issue, you could set Zoom Player to override windows' font rendering. From this version, the setting is enabled by default (you can still change it manually under "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization").
+ Zoom Player's default window size for the onyx skin was changed to present a default video size of 960x540 (up from the previous 604x340) and for the alba skin, the default video size was changed to 1280x720.
+ You can now press the escape key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action. Accidentally playing an entire drive could have caused Zoom Player to appear unresponsive.
+ You can now press any navigation key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action.
+ The download plugins synchronization has been completely rewritten, and should no longer cause any user interface slow-downs.
+ The torrents plugin has been greatly optimized, working much faster with large file lists.
+ The download fullscreen navigation interface should scroll much smoothly when dealing with a large number of files.
+ The YouTube (Channel/Search/Trending), Playlist and RSS Feed media library plugins have been optimized for greater performance.
+ Optimized core string handling routines, improving script parsing (e.g. Skin parsing) and other areas.
+ Media Library plugin result entries now display the media's title instead of the file name or URL in list mode (previously the title only showed in thumbnail mode).
+ A 'processing, please hold ...' message now appear when it takes Zoom Player longer to close due to background tasks (media scraping, download plugin sync) still being active.
+ Switching between fullscreen and windowed mode while the media library is opened should be cleaner and faster (less visual junk in the transition).
- Opening the media library, especially on 4K displays showed a low resolution image of the media library for a split second before displaying the full resolution version.
The double-draw event caused both the described visual glitch as well as a performance penality.
- Resizing the Zoom Player window while the media library was visible in thumbnail mode could cause the thumbnails to display in the wrong size.
- Selecting a custom Audio Renderer for audio visualizations did not work well (the wrong audio renderer was used at times).
- Loading a text file would not display the file name in the title area.
- Using the Stop function to close the playing media did not work if the playing media was a text file.
- Fixed a scraping bug where the ".nfo" file detection algorithm would fail with files/folders names containing unicode characters.
- Fixed a possible crash that would trigger sometimes on an initial run after a fresh install.
- Fixed a crash when playing a live video stream using MadVR as the video renderer and trying to use the pause button on the control bar.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for two seconds if the Torrents download plugin is enabled and qBittorrent isn't running.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for long periods if qBittorrent is seeding many torrents.
- The media library should no longer freeze for a few seconds when retrieving large file lists from qBittorrent using the Torrents plugin.
- The information dialog ("I" keyboard macro) did not show up when playing in fullscreen on a secondary monitor.
- The torrents download plugin was not recognizing a file's download priority correctly after the latest qBittorrent release.
- The torrents download plugin was listing files returned by qBittorrent but no longer existing on the disk drive in the root folder instead of their (no longer existing) path.
- The currently selected playlist editor entries would lose their selection if a playlist update was triggered after the listed media's duration has been scraped.
- Trying to play a streaming media URL that contained trailing spaces would fail. Trailing spaces are now trimmed (you can still use encoded space characters in the URL).
- The Lock-UI (user interface) feature used to prevent accidental clicks did not block some click and double-click actions.
- The Dolby Digital Plus audio format was not being displayed with an icon on the TV and Movie jukebox screens.
- The play position tool-tip was sometimes displayed in the wrong screen position on multi-monitor displays.
- MIDI audio playback should be more reliable.
- The media library's playlist plugin no longer shows an invalid duration value if the playlist entry has no duration.
- Release Date: Nov 30, 2017
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14:
* New Download & Tracking plugin API has been developed. The API specifies which file extensions or URL sub-string matches to pass to the Download & Tracking API instead of trying to play.
This information is specified under: Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions : Download The API can be used create a plugin that integrate with 3rd party download software or directly download the content itself.
The tracking portion of the API shows the currently download state and whether there's a good chance the download is currently playable. This information is displayed in the media library, file browsing and download tracking fullscreen navigation interfaces.
* The download tracking navigation interface has been enhanced with the ability to predict when you can begin playing a media file while it is still downloading.
When using the new Torrents plugin, the prediction is based on the number of torrent pieces that have successfully downloaded from the beginning and end of the media file.
By default this is 2% from the beginning of the file and 1% from the end. The Torrents plugin requires qBittorrent version 4 or newer to work. qBittorrent is now available to download through the Install Center. A quick slideshow demonstrating how to use the Torrents plugin: https://www.facebook.com/zoomplayer/videos/1475689062513061/
We are building a library and possibly a seed-box to show case public- domain and creative commons videos. If you would like to expose your video to Zoom Player's user base, please contact us at: https://inmatrix.com/email/business.shtml
* Download tracking plugins can be enabled, disabled and configured through a new interface under "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker".
* New Playlist media library source plugin that lets you assign any playlist as a media library category.
* The media library fullscreen interface's settings page can now be used to select the Audio Rendering device (audio output), making it easy to switch between different output modes (switching audio between rooms, speaker setups, headphone output, etc).
* The media library fullscreen interface's settings page can now be used to select the Video Rendering device, making it easy to test out different rendering qualities or in cases where a particular video may not play correctly in your preferred video renderer.
* New "Facebook" smart play profile for playing facebook video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Vimeo" smart play profile for playing viemo video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Daily Motion" smart play profile for playing Daily Motion video URLs using the 3DYD directshow filter.
* New "Streaming Services" smart play profile supporting streaming videos from:
- bofunk.com - break.com - ebaumsworld.com - godtube.com - liveleak.com - tcmag.com - teamfourstar.com - veoh.com - vk.com - vkmag.com - yourepeat.com
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / History) to prevent files or URLs from being saved to the play history. All you need to do is specify a partial string, for example "some folder name" or "someurl.org".
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / History) to hide files or URLs from being displayed in the play history dialogs while still remember the last playback position, volume, subtitle track, etc. All you need to do is specify a partial string, for example "some folder name" or "someurl.org".
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) to disable seeking controls when playing files or URLs containing a specified path or text.
* New feature (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to override the audio renderer when playing with visualization. This allows you to use the "DC-Crossfading Audio Renderer" to support a volume fading effect on Start/End/Play/Stop/Seek only when playing with visualizations. This is similar to how WinAmp fades audio between tracks.
Download the DC-Crossfading Audio Renderer here: (http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=14)
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation) to display all navigation interfaces on a secondary monitor.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) that controls whether Zoom Player switches to the next/previous track when using next/previous chapter function on a media that does not contain chapters. This setting is enabled by default.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) that can force playback to delay for a specified number of milliseconds after finishing to play a track with audio visualizations.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) that specifies the visualization rendering frame rate, by default 30fps.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback) that reloads a live stream if the stream disconnects unexpectedly.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to automatically play the next media in the playlist after deleting the currently playing media. This setting is disabled by default.
* New "Scrape using media derived title (instead of file name)" media library category setting used to scrape online for content based on the media's title (instead of the file name).
* New "Do not display the media's position/duration on top of thumbnails" media library category setting to prevent the current play position and the media's duration from appearing on top of thumbnails.
* New "Do not display a media format (audio/video/picture) icon on top of thumbnails" media library category setting to prevent the drawing of a media format indicator icon from appearing on top of thumbnails.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / On Screen Display) that controls the OSD clock position.
* You can now create and save chapter points (bookmarks) for streaming URLs.
* When taking screenshots of the playing video (Alt+F keyboard macro), the current play position is now saved as part of the file name.
* The fullscreen information navigation interface now includes media format information extracted using the MediaInfo.dll plugin.
* New (optional) control bar button to open/hide the fullscreen stream selection navigation interface.
* New "exSetAudTrack" extended function that sets the current audio track.
* New "exSetSubTrack" extended function that sets the current subtitle track.
+ The media library "TheMovieDB" plugin's Movie/TV detection accuracy has increased by cropping out more undesired key-words from file/folder names, using a fuzzy search algorithm to better detect non-exact movie names matches and preferring a release year with a partial name match to an exact name match with a mismatched release date.
+ The internal image decoder (JPEG/GIF/PNG/BMP) is now capable of downloading and displaying images directly from web servers (e.g. a playlist full of image URLs).
+ Using the "open streaming link" or "open streaming link from keyboard" functions will now relay downloadable URLs to any matching download plugin (for example .torrent/magnet links) without affecting the current playback.
+ The media library 'RSS Feed' plugin now caps the maximum cached entries to 2000 and the description length to 3500 characters. Otherwise, over time the RSS plugin data would become too large and would stop displaying.
+ The playlist fullscreen navigation interface now draws a playing icon next to the currently playing track.
+ The YouTube Search and Trending media library plugins will now use a search/trending thumbnail when creating new categories. This change does not apply to previously created categories. The new images can be manually assigned using the category configuration dialog. By default the new images are located here using Windows 64bit: "c:Program Files (x86)Zoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Search.jpg" "c:Program Files (x86)Zoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Trending.jpg"
And here using Windows 32bit: "c:Program FilesZoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Search.jpg" "c:Program FilesZoom PlayerMediaNavPluginsYouTube_Trending.jpg"
+ The new version update notification will now include a condensed highlight list of what changed in the latest version (will only appear in the next version released after this one).
+ The "Scrape folder thumbnails by using the name of the first video file within the folder instead of the folder name" media library category setting now works better in TV Jukebox mode by scraping only for the show name, no longer scraping season/episode numbers from the file name.
+ Pruning the play history (using the button) no longer erases URL entries, only local files that were erased from the disk drive.
+ The thumbnail and meta-data cache folder is now cleared once a week instead of on every exit, improving the time it takes Zoom Player to close.
+ Many of the main navigation icons were polished to give the default navigation theme a more consistent look.
+ The "unknown" icon has been updated to better suit the UX design.
+ The media library plugin API can now accept local-file thumbnails when creating new categories.
- Fixed a major issue with random play that would cause it to stop working after the entire playlist has been finished playing one time.
- Installing an audio device or a custom audio renderer filter would change the selected audio renderer for DVDs and WMP ActiveX playback.
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a URL from the clipboard when the clipboard contained junk text.
- Using local settings files while running multiple Zoom Player instances from different folders prevented changed settings from being saved.
- Zoom Player didn't look for subtitles in the XySubFilter's paths definition, causing subtitles not to load when they were not in the same folder as the video.
- Playing a media from the windows explorer (or other 3rd party software) would show an "are you sure?" prompt by accident.
- Fixed a crash when trying to load a malformed play history cache file.
- The Zoom Player Install Center and Zoom Player itself were out of sync, triggering a new components update notification to appear within 2 weeks after running the Instal Center.
- Registry entries were not being saved/loaded properly when running Zoom Player in Windows Vista compatibility mode (and possibly other compatibility modes). This of course lead to instability.
- When enabling the "Seek to key-frames when using LAV Video decoder (faster, less accurate seeking)" setting, some file handles were not properly closed, preventing the playing media from being erased until Zoom Player was closed.
- The key-mapping editor's search feature did not work.
- Fixed a freeze triggered by the media library's 'RSS Feed' plugin on certain RSS feeds that used an ASCII #13 as a line break.
- When playing a SHOUTcast stream, the playlist editor cleared the selected entry every second.
- Smart Play's "Configure File Source" dialog did not set a default value for the "Use with" field when a non-english language pack was used.
- The "stay on top" setting would stop functioning when exiting fullscreen mode with the playlist editor visible.
- The Windows Picture Library and Music Library (system folders) may not have displayed with the correct thumbnail layout in the media library.
- The controlbar's volume pop-up slider did not appear in the correct position under some circumstances.
- Fixed a glitch where TAG display for a local file playback would show "???" instead of international characters.
- Fixed an issue where audio visualization wouldn't render in the correct resolution when changing the visualization display size.
- Wrong duration displayed in the playlist when using Windows Media Player's ActiveX control to play streaming media.
- Double-clicking a station list entry to begin playback while the media library was opened could trigger a playback of whatever was highlighted in the media library instead of the station list entry.
- Hiding the "Media Scanner" and "Remove Category Folder(s)" from the media library's category listing would break keyboard quick search from working on the last category listed.
- In some cases, when using the "Media Close Delay" feature, the delay would be twice as long as the specified value.
- Playback of ASX playlists did not work.
- With some language packs, the text for the station manager's left column would cut-off.
- Debug logs related to kinetic scrolling were being saved by the non-debug version.
- The Double-Click function did not work when clicking audio visualizations.
- The default value for the new "Navigation on Monitor" setting was accidentally set to as fullscreen on a the first monitor instead of the current monitor (within the window or fullscreen).
- Fixed a crash when trying to close the media library just as it was being opened.
- Fixed a bug in the smart play source filter "new profile" dialog which caused the "use with the following URLs" entries to be lost when pressing smart play's auto-configure button.
- The OSD clock is now closed when the options dialog is open as it caused other windowed opened through the options dialog to hide behind the options dialog window.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.
- Release Date: Jul 23, 2017
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v13.7.1:
+ Adding chapters using the chapter editor will now instantly show the chapter's position in the timeline (if timeline display is enabled).
- Fixed a bug in countries with a comma decimal symbol where the media library thumbnails text height and spacing got truncated. For example: A thumbnail's Text Height of "1.95%" resulted in an actual text height of "1%".
- Loading ".PLS/.XSPF" playlists where the first item in the playlist did not play (e.g. "server down") would trigger an infinite loop and Zoom Player froze.
- The inactive navigation txt-lines background was not being drawn.
- The "I" key will again close the information dialog if it is visible.
- The media library category sorting order and last folder position could get reset under some conditions due to insufficient registry memory allocation.
- Setting the control bar to appear with a fixed width while in fullscreen did not show the control bar in the right position (or at all) on secondary monitors.
- Setting the control bar to appear at the top or bottom of the screen did not show the control bar in the right position (or at all) on secondary monitors.
- The media library category editor did not show the currently enabled scraping mode, thumbnail aspect ratio and thumbnail columns when a language pack was installed.
- The playlist editor line-spacing did not work well with every font.
- Slight adjustment to the media library's thumbnail text drawing to better account for fonts with less-uniform character heights.
- It was possible for a new components/filters notification to trigger without new components being available. It was triggered due to a new version of Zoom Player being available on the install center. Since player updates has its own notification, this message is redundant.
- Release Date: Jul 7, 2017
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v13.7:
* The Media Library's settings page has been expanded to configure the layout of each category and the category list itself without ever exiting the fullscreen navigation interface. The following customization options are now available, Per-Category: 1. Aspect Ratio 2. Text-Box lines 3. Text height 4. Horizontal spacing 5. Vertical spacing Globally: 1. Categories columns 2. Categories Text-Box lines 3. Categories Text height 4. Text margins
* The default fullscreen navigation skin has been tweaked a bit and now includes a new variant with larger fonts for the visually impaired and small displays.
* Support for automatically scaling of un-skinned dialogs based on the monitor's DPI setting. This should help greatly on 4K or higher resolution screens (disabled by default, see "override scaling of un-skinned dialogs" below).
For 4K/8K skinned interfaces, there are several options at the Inmatrix.com shop.
* Support for high DPI scaling of Windows standard dialogs (Open/Save file, folder browser, font selector, color selector, etc).
* YouTube subtitles are now supported when playing using DirectShow.
* The YouTube plugin has been tweaked to include the channel name in a more prominent position.
* The bottom-meta data for regular media now includes a field for the format (file extension, e.g. MP4/MP3/etc).
* The equalizer full screen navigation interface has been polished to include translucent equalizer bars.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that specifies the number of columns drawn for the media library's category list thumbnails.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that specifies the text height used for drawing the media library's category list thumbnail text.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that specifies the number of text lines drawn for the media library's category list thumbnails.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that specifies the margin area around the media library's thumbnail text.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / System) to override scaling of un-skinned dialogs by using a custom value (Automatic/100%/125%/150%/200%/300%/400%). This manual control further enhances usability for the visually impaired, regardless of screen resolution.
* Support for qBitTorrent v3.3.13 new security enhancements. For older versions of Zoom Player, you must use qBitTorrent v3.3.12 to continue tracking your downloads.
* Media Titles are now properly extracted and displayed with M4V/MP4 files.
* Audio Visualization will now work for streaming audio stations if they are defined as "Radio" stations through the station manager.
* New Smart Play setting to control which DirectShow filter is used to stream SHOUTcast and ICEcast streams.
* New Smart Play profile setting that determines if Zoom Player should use a profile if the input is a file name, URL or both.
* New Smart Play "MP3 (streaming)" profile used to specify which filter should be used with streaming MP3 files (by default LAV Source).
* When playing live SHOUTcast/ICEcast streams, the on screen display now updates with the currently playing track name.
* The internal screen saver now displays the playing media's current play position.
* New "fnTitleToClipboard" function to copy the currently playing media's title to the clipboard.
* New "fnToggleSub" function to toggle subtitles on and off.
* New "fnMediaSrcToClipboard" function that copies the playing media file or URL directly from the playing DirectShow source filter to the Windows clipboard.
* New "fnWMPActiveX" function to enable/disable Windows media content streaming using Windows Media Player's ActiveX control.
* New "exWMPActiveX" extended function to directly set whether Windows media content streaming will use Windows Media Player's ActiveX control. 0 = Disabled 1 = Enabled
+ A cooperation with TheAudioDB.com resulted in an improved album-name identification algorithm (used for scraping Album meta-data and cover art within the Media Library).
+ The media library's thumbnail font size configuration was calculated in a poorly conceived manner that made it difficult to change a thumbnail's font size and line numbers while maintaining consistency across different thumbnail aspect ratios. This has led to a complete rewrite of the text rendering code and new defaults being applied which may affect your previous thumbnail layout settings.
+ Switching between categories should update the thumbnails a bit quicker (~300ms) if they were previously memory cached.
+ Adding a station to the station manager now automatically highlights the newly created station.
+ LAV Source is now used by default for SHOUTcast type streams.
+ When using LAV Source to stream SHOUTcast/ICEcast content, the playing track's now is now properly displayed in the title and timeline areas.
+ Opening a ".PLS" playlist containing URLs is now assumed to contain SHOUTcast streaming audio stations.
+ The Options dialog search window still appeared too small on very high resolution screens, will now show more result lines.
+ Slightly tweaked the SHOUTcast station browser dialog to increase space for translated texts.
- Fixed a crash when listing some RSS streams in the media library.
- Fixed a list index out of bounds error when starting in HTPC mode.
- The Windows media library categories are now properly presented with Zoom Player's default Audio/Video/Picture layouts.
- Fixed a "category is empty" message when trying to list RSS streams with very long descriptions.
- Playing ICEcast ".xspf" streams did not work with some servers.
- Deleting a media library category using the media library "remove category" feature left some cache files behind when clicking the trash can icon (pressing enter or double-clicking did not trigger this issue).
- An "new components update on the install center" notification was accidentally triggered by Install Center update entries for Zoom Player itself (which has a separate update notification), resulting in a double notification.
- The Mouse Wheel, Navigation Style, Information, Main, Stream Selection, Media Scanner and Play History were showing the wrong number of text lines which caused the list to appear slightly off-center.
- Pressing the "Auto-Scan System" button on the Audio Visualization Adv. Options dialog page would trigger a crash with some Sonique plugins preventing the scan from functioning. Now the crashing plugin is skipped.
- Adding too many audio visualization plugins would cause the plugin list to reset once Zoom Player was restarted.
- Disabling Smart Play by specifying a file extension to ignore would also break Smart Play for URLs or files that did not contain a file extension.
- Adding a station using either the Station Manager's SHOUTcast station browser or using the fullscreen station navigation interface did not work if a non-english language pack was in use.
- In the Station list fullscreen navigation interface, the "Previous Folder" function worked on the root level even though there was no folder above it, resulting in an empty screen display.
- In the Station list fullscreen navigation interface, navigating left from the functions page would go up a folder instead of returning to the station list.
- When setting the thumbnail text to appear above the thumbnail, the media library's category thumbnail display would improperly position the thumbnail under the text.
- The media library category cache did not function properly, leading to a slight performance hit when initially opening the media library.
- The Graph Information dialog did not display unicode text correctly.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with the background of the media library's category thumbnails which would appear with some skins or thumbnail configurations.
- Using the Windows Media Player ActiveX control to play an audio stream could have resulted in some UI functions not working correctly.
- Fixed a few crashes when zpresampler.dll was not found.
- Cosmetic fixes to various dialogs.
- Release Date: Dec 1, 2016
What's new in Zoom Player v12.7:
* New Zoom Player settings Export/Import feature that saves all of Zoom Player's settings, profiles and configuration files to a single ZIP archive and can later on restore Zoom Player's settings from within Zoom Player itself (making it compatible with the Windows Store version of Zoom Player). Both settings are accessible through Zoom Player's advanced options dialog by pressing the "Help / Export" button.
The following settings are supported by the export feature: 1. Activation Key file. 2. Options dialog settings. 3. Smart Play profiles. 5. Skin color tinting profiles. 6. Equalizer presets. 7. Media library categories. 8. Play history cache. 9. Playback scheduler schedule. 10. Streaming station manager entries. 11. Custom right-click context menu script file. 12. Custom Media/DVD background images. 13. Custom Media/DVD keyboard mapping files.
* The smart play source filter configuration dialog now allows you to specify a partial URL instead (or in combination) with file extensions, allowing you to setup custom filters based on the site's URL. This allows using such filters as the "3DYD YouTube Source" to stream youtube content directly (https://ys.3dyd.com/).
* Two new category types have been introduced "TV Shows" and "Movies". Zoom Player tries to automatically assign previous categories to these new types based on the 'scrape content mode' previously assigned to the category.
* The media library filter icons that appear under the category list are now accessible using the keyboard by pressing the up or down arrow keys on the first/last category entry. Once activated, you can use the left/right arrow keys to switch between the filtering modes.
* The playlist editor and the playlist fullscreen navigation interface now show the current play position next to the actively playing track.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to switch the category layout between list and thumbnail view modes.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) that controls how the thumbnail memory cache encodes the images. The default value is to store as JPEG images which uses the least amount of RAM. But for higher performance, especially on lower end CPUs, switching to RAW 24bit or 32bit will improve performance.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to control whether the Media Library's fullscreen navigation 'Media Scanner' is displayed.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to control whether the Media Library's fullscreen navigation 'Remove category folder(s)' is displayed.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to prevent Zoom Player from trying to parse ".PLS" files and instead lets directshow choose a filter to parse the files. This improves SHOUTcast streaming reliability. If you use .PLS files as SHOUTcast stations outside the station manager, you will need to enable this setting.
* New "/MediaFilter:[Number]" command line parameter to set the media library's filter mode.
Valid values are: 0 = ALL 1 = Movies 2 = TV Shows 3 = Videos 4 = Audio 5 = Pictures 6 = Executables
* The media library's filter mode is now saved/restored when re-opening Zoom Player.
* With the "Continue to the next Playlist item when an invalid file is played (otherwise show error)" setting enabled, you can now press the Stop button to stop from continuing to the next Playlist item.
* The station manager has been enhanced with an integrated search box.
* New "fnPlayingToClipboard" function that copies the currently playing media file/URL to the clipboard.
+ Zoom Player should start between 10%-300% faster, especially if there are many items in the play history.
+ Optimized the default fullscreen navigation skin to require less resize operations improving load/open time and taking up to 20% less RAM.
+ Optimized the file name hashing algorithm which should improve performance in several areas.
+ When fullscreen navigation 'Safe Mode' is enabled, the media library's 'Media Scanner' and 'Remove category folder(s)' are no longer displayed.
+ Disabling the "Show media content specific to the media library's category type" setting now shows all media files in a category (previously it would show the content based on the category filter).
+ The selected entry on the station manager is now restored when re-opening the interface.
+ The station manager now lets you specify a "SHOUTcast" station type. Any station set as SHOUTcast are now opened as SHOUTcast streams even if the "Assume audio streaming (SHOUTcast, ICEcast) if no file ext. is specified in the URL (link)" setting is disabled.
+ SHOUTcast stations added from station browser or the fullscreen navigation station list are now automatically marked as SHOUTcast.
+ The Station Browser dialog entries no longer resets each time the dialog is closed and reopened.
+ The Add station dialog (station manager) remembers the last station mode (TV/Radio/SHOUTcast) used.
+ The default media library folder scraping blacklist has been cleaned up.
+ The "Assume audio streaming (SHOUTcast, ICEcast) if no file ext. is specified in the URL (link)" advanced options setting is now disabled by default and reset to default on initial run. This setting may be removed entirely in future versions as it conflicts with streaming video and is no longer necessary when playing shoutcast streams through the station manager or fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The playing track on the fullscreen playlist navigation interface has changed from green to blue.
- Removing every entry from the "Scrapers folder name blacklist" or "Scrapers file name blacklist" would crash and freeze Zoom Player.
- Resizing the media library window could trigger a crash or show an improperly-sized thumbnail.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed a freeze when trying to open the media library before the scraping DLL finished initializing.
- Fixed several cases of "List index out of bounds" errors when trying to use the media library with no thumbnail selected.
- Switching media library filter mode would reset several values changed since opening the media library (e.g. sorting).
- Opening a new media file while the media information dialog was visible did not update to the new media's date and file size.
- Fixed a small memory leak when re-scraping modified media library folders.
- The mouse scroll wheel did not work within the media information window while in fullscreen mode.
- The integrated keyboard-mapping editor did not show the correct key-value for multimedia keys (play/stop/etc), which prevented assigning new functions to multimedia keys.
- Using the station manager's "Play (Add to Playlist)" button would not actually start playing the new station.
- In Windows 10 with the "Blank non-Playing Monitors while in Fullscreen / Zoom mode" enabled and Zoom Player set to start in fullscreen mode, Zoom Player appeared as a blank black box.
- The timeline thumbnail preview appeared in the wrong position on some multi-monitor setups.
- The windows task bar icon was not correctly updated with the specified task list after restarting Zoom Player.
- Fixed a crash when trying to close Zoom Player while Zoom Player was in the process of opening a media file or URL.
- Fixed a crash when trying to play over a 1000 non-existant files or non-responding URLs.
- Trying to switch stations through the station manager while the previous station did not complete loading could have triggered unforeseen issues.
- Trying to close Zoom Player while a track was loading could have caused instability in certain cases.
- When using the media library category filter and then loading a media file that's currently in a filtered-out category, Zoom Player will now switch the category filter to match the playing file and then show the file highlighted when opening the media library.
- If you enabled the video resolution display on the timeline, it should now display even when playing live streams.
- Error messages should no longer appear partially offscreen if the message's content is wider than the resolution of the screen.
- The play history no longer lists duplicate entries for URL streams.
- Zoom Player failed to identify "https://" and "rtmp://" URLs with no duration as live streams, which could trigger a freeze when trying to seek.
- Panning a Zoomed video with the mouse would trigger the mouse's click-event (by default play/pause) after letting go of the mouse button.
- The station manager dialog was showing character tags instead of the actual characters (e.g. "&" instead of "&").
- The station manager wasn't updating the station list display after editing a station.
- With "Show OSD filename when opening a new file" enabled, failing to play would show a blank OSD message.
- The error dialog wouldn't show "&" characters correctly.
- Release Date: Sep 23, 2016
--- What's new in Zoom Player v12.5:
* The media library's TV JukeBox mode is now fully functional.
With jukebox mode enabled in a TV video category, a new list view mode is used to display meta-data (overview, rating, duration, etc) and a thumbnail ("still image" from an online database or a screenshot extracted from the video itself) on the right side of the screen when entering a folder containing media files.
For best performance, use the proper TV JukeBox mode folder structure: Show NameSeason [Number]MediaFiles For example: Game of ThronesSeason 1Game.of.Thrones.S01E01.mp4 Game of ThronesSeason 1Game.of.Thrones.S01E02.mp4 etc...
* New Media Icons display in the media library information area at the bottom of the screen and in the Movie Jukebox presentation mode.
Media icons display the Format (AVI/Matroska/etc...), Video Codec (H.264/HECV/etc...), Video Resolution (1080p/UHD 4K/etc...), Audio Codec (DTS/AAC/etc...), Audio Channels (2.0/5.1/7.1/etc...).
Media icons are detected during the scraping process, to display the icons you must re-scrape the content of your media library. This is done the Media Library Category Editor (Shift+"M") or through the media library's function page's 'scraping' menu.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to display Media Icons in the media library information area and in movie jukebox presentation mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) that specifies whether thumbnail display should used a dynamically visible scroll bar (suitable for tablets and touch devices) or a fixed scroll bar (suitable for PC and Mouse input).
* The "Navigation Scrollbar Size" setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) has four new possible values: 1. Dynamic Smallest 2. Dynamic Small 3. Dynamic Large 4. Dynamic Max
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to force the navigation list or thumb view display to full width.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to override the skin-script's font effect (used in lists) that now include a "drop shadow" option (replacing the previous setting that only let you force an "outline" effect).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) to override the skin-script's font effect (used in thumbnails) that now include a "drop shadow" option (replacing the previous setting that only let you force an "outline" effect).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard) allowing you to assign keyboard functionality to the "Insert" key when fullscreen navigation is not in use.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area) to show thumbnail previews even if the playing media does not report key-frame. Note that allowing media with no key frame reporting to display thumbnails over the timeline can take much longer.
* New Setting (Media Library Category Editor / Configure) to re-scrape a folder's thumbnail if the folder's "modified" time-stamp changes.
* The advanced playlist control has become more powerful with integrated sorting that does not affect the main playlist until items are moved.
* The playing media information dialog ("I" keyboard shortcut) has been restructured and expanded to include the media's file size and date as well as full information on the file from MediaInfoLib (MediaInfo DLL).
* Zoom Player is now listed as a Windows "AutoPlay" option for Music, Videos and Pictures.
* The Mini color control fullscreen navigation interface will now display the name (brightness/saturation/etc...) and not only an icon.
* Scraped poster/backdrop/still images are now downloaded concurrently using multiple threads to speed up the online scraping process.
* The mouse's "back" and "forward" buttons now act as "back" and "enter" when used in the fullscreen navigation interfaces.
* New function and keyboard macro (Alt+Ctrl+"T") to toggle the TAG display when playing audio files.
* New "Copy to Clipboard" button on the playing media information dialog that copies the content of the "format" box into the clipboard.
* New skin-script parameter used to enable a drop-shadow effect on the fullscreen navigation list font.
* New skin-script parameter used to enable a drop-shadow effect on the fullscreen navigation thumbnail font.
+ For additional security, password protected media library categories no longer show path information on the category list screen.
+ The media library scrape icon and count now reflect the scrape queue and processing threads and not only the queue, giving a more accurate picture of the background scraping process.
+ The default keyboard mapping for the numbers pad has changed to make the same button functions trigger regardless of the num-lock state.
This means the configured functionality for the arrows and insert keys will function even if the num-lock key is enabled.
+ The advanced options dialog's 'Keyboard' page has been restructured for enhanced clarity and the addition of more features.
+ Optimized media library disk access by improving meta-data caching.
+ Changed the default text background color in audio playback (when a folder image is not used) to a much darker gray.
+ The fullscreen navigation clock text is no longer affected by the text effect/outline setting.
- The virtual keyboard did not accept physical keyboard input if the "Use keyboard input to quickly search and enter data through navigation interfaces" setting was disabled.
- It was impossible to use the GoTo fullscreen navigation interface without a mouse. Now a new "Apply" button makes the interface usable again.
- Media files or folder flagged never to be scraped were scraped again under some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the media duration to disappear from a media library thumbnail.
- Selecting several files and choosing to flag them for re-scraping would not clear the selected file count at the top-right section of the media library interface.
- The fullscreen navigation scroll acceleration (when holding or fast clicking the up/down buttons) now resets itself as the list loops, preventing a crazy level of acceleration that may make the list appear to freeze.
- The thumbnail view's "drag to scroll" was triggered after 1 pixel of movement, making selecting a thumbnail with a single click fail if the mouse cursor moved a bit during the click.
- Clicking a media or folder in the media library's thumb view mode and then trying to click the close or back buttons would not work on the first click (requiring a second click).
- The text labels on the virtual keyboard keys is now more uniform in size.
- Clicking a media library thumbnail and then trying to click the "back" or "close" icons would fail on the first click (and work on the second).
- In the FREE version, the screen saver would over-tax the CPU (the streamers were always used and it was impossible to turn off).
- The Advanced playlist control, Chapter editor, Scheduler, Scene-Cut, Skin selector and Play history dialogs would not save their last window size and position if you closed the player without first closing the dialog.
- Clear the search box text of the advanced playlist control using the "DEL" key would also remove any selected entries from the playlist.
- The "Hide all control bar buttons" setting stopped saving in v12.1.
- Switching directly to the Play History fullscreen navigation interface using a keyboard or other macro from another fullscreen navigation interface would not update the title area.
- The internal screen saver would still activate even after calling functions when using the TCP/IP command & control API.
- Folders marked not to be scraped were still being scraped if no online database scrapers were specified for the media library category.
- Setting the left mouse button to open the context menu didn't work.
- ".CUE" chapter files indexing a single audio file longer than 99.9 minutes would have failed to load.
- Release Date: Jul 14, 2016
--- What's new in Zoom Player v12.1:
* Kinetic scrolling has been rewritten from scratch, it should now be a lot more responsive and accurate, especially when used on lower-end PCs and Tablets.
The kinetic acceleration/deceleration speed settings have also been tweaked and are now more reasonable.
* Zoom Player FREE now provides a trial period for using most of Zoom Player MAX's features (e.g. fullscreen navigation interfaces, play history, audio visualizations, playback scheduler and more!).
* You can now assign custom functions to XInput (e.g. XBOX controller) left and right thumb stick clicks. By default the left and right thumb clicks do nothing.
* The two left media library mini-menu entries are now fully customizable.
* Three new functions added to the media library mini-menu: 1. Add to playlist 2. Open the function menu 3. Play / Enter
* Changing some of the setting on the media library category editor's "Category Configuration" dialog now prompts you to flag the content of the category for re-scraping.
* New media library category setting to completely disable the category from scraping for metadata.
* The "Re-scraping" media library function page has been renamed "Scraping" and contains a new setting to flag selected files and folders not to be scraped.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / System), allowing you to choose the Zoom Player task bar icon (either current, version 11 or old school icon).
Note: This setting will have no effect if the windows taskbar is set to combine buttons.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to automatically show the playlist editor when exiting fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Control Bar) to disable seeking when using the mouse wheel over the control bar (and use the default mouse-wheel functionality instead).
* Three new extended functions: exSeekAheadPercent : Seek Ahead (percent of duration) exSeekBackPercent : Seek Back (percent of duration) exSeekToPercent : Seek To (percent of duration)
* The fullscreen navigation scrollbar source image can now be any resolution, adding skinning support for sharp 4K resolution scroll bars.
* The control bar's fixed position close and volume slider buttons have received mouse-hover visual cues.
+ The notification to upgrade an old license is no longer shown every time Zoom Player is launched. It will show up every few days instead.
+ When notified of a new version release, a special message will now show up to notify you that your current license may be too old to use with the new version.
+ Clicking/Touching an unselected thumbnail in the media library now selects the thumbnail and displays any related meta-data instead of automatically starting playback.
+ You can now use the mouse wheel to scroll through the entirety of the media library's fullscreen navigation mini-menu.
+ Mouse wheel scrolling in the media library now scrolls the list instead of scrolling by changing the active thumbnail.
+ The playlist editor and equalizer dialogs now restore automatically after exiting fullscreen exclusive mode when MadVR is used as the video renderer.
+ The media scraping error list is now auto-saved more often to prevent system failures from losing information.
+ Content images used in Zoom Player FREE now come in full 1080p HD resolution (Zoom Player MAX already included the higher resolution images).
+ Some sections of the options dialog now more clearly turn to a "disabled" state when a parent setting that enables the functionality is turned off.
+ The XInput advanced options dialog section has been restructured.
- Pressing Smart Play's "Auto Configure" button on the basic options dialog would trigger a crash under some conditions.
- Fixed a "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error when pressing enter on an entry in the playlist fullscreen navigation interface.
- Fixed a "List index out of bounds" error that triggered by bad audio visualization configuration.
- Clicking the media library's thumb area did not always play the clicked thumbnail (it would play the media in the thumbnail above it).
- Under some conditions, opening the media library would use a thumbnail aspect ratio from a different category.
- Dragging to scroll the media library's thumbnail area did not work in the entire thumbnail area.
- Clicking the left mouse button on a media library thumbnail and holding for a few seconds to activate the mini-menu caused the next mouse click to be ignored in some areas of the screen (like going back to the category menu).
- Fixed a small cosmetic issue with the ring tone generator dialog.
- People who have purchased the Zoom Player lifetime license were accidentally shown an upgrade notice in some cases.
- The media library bottom category-type filtering icons were accessible using the mouse even when they were not visible.
- Fixed a possible rare freeze in cases where the media library navigation dialog was opened at the exact same time one of the file tracker threads (emule/utorrent/qbittorrent) was trying to synchronize.
- Using the mouse wheel in combination with kinetic scrolling in the media library fullscreen interface would result in chaos.
- When the media library's thumb view left/right bump actions were disabled, thus allowing you to use the left/right keys to scroll through thumb rows, the scroll bar did not appear when the active thumb jumped up/down a row.
- Zoom Player should close much faster now.
- Opening the media library's function menu would wipe clean the meta-data display area.
- Release Date: Nov 26, 2015
--- What's new in Zoom Player v11.1:
* New Direct3D Pixel Shader image processing script support when using MadVR as the Video Renderer (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Pixel Shaders).
Pixel shaders are script text files with the ".HLSL" file extension that can be compiled in real-time by the GPU (display card) to perform various image processing effects. The options page allows you to specify pixel shader presets, the first 8 of which can be activated directly by using a keyboard/remote control macro (by default Alt+Shift+"F1..F8"). The current pre-image resize pixel shader scripts can be toggled by pressing Alt+Shift+"F9".
The current post-image resize pixel shader scripts can be toggled by pressing Alt+Shift+"F10".
Both Pre and Post-image resize pixel shader scripts can be toggled at once by pressing Alt+Shift+"F11".
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to treat the "Play" function as if it was "Open Media" or a click on Enter when a fullscreen navigation interface is visible (bypassing the mini-menu in the media library's thumbview mode). Enabled by default.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to use the "Stop" function to close any currently visible fullscreen navigation interface. Enabled by default.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that controls whether folders are marked as seen if they contain a previously played media file. By default, this setting is disabled.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) to create additional thumbnail scraping threads when current threads time out while parsing a video. This can happen with partially downloaded media files.
The upside is that scraping will not pause when problematic files are encountered.
The downside is that by creating additional threads, CPU usage may rise during the scraping operation and slow down screen updates, making the user interface a bit more sluggish.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Paths & Files) to disable the multi-part file loader when opening or adding multiple files. This setting is enabled by default.
* New "Previous Navigation" option for the "Start player in:" setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Position & Size) that opens Zoom Player fullscreen and directly in the previously used navigation interface.
* New "/LASTNAV" command line parameter to open Zoom Player fullscreen and directly in the previously used navigation interface.
* The WTV format is now associable with Zoom Player. You may need to click the "Default" button in the advanced options dialog under "File Format Association / File Extensions -> Video. Once clicked, WTV format files will start listing within the media library and other video-format specific features.
* You can now use the "Time" seek box in the chapter editor ("g" keyboard macro) to seek to a percentage of the video, for example, specifying a value of "8%" seeks to 8 percent from the start of the video.
* Added support for WMV files with the GoToMeeting codec.
+ The video rotate feature (Shift+"R") now uses a new MadVR feature that no longer crops part of the image while rotating. The latest version of MadVR is now required to perform video rotation.
+ Optimized Zoom Player's load time by about 10-30%.
+ The fullscreen navigation interface's on-screen clock should now respect the 24h/12h AM/PM system setting.
+ Some of the options dialog elements have been spread out to enhance clarity of use.
+ The configuration wizard allowing you to select between PC, HTPC and Tablet modes now sets Zoom Player to open in the previously used fullscreen navigation interface instead of the main navigation interface.
+ You can now set a value of "0" to OSD Visibility (Adv. Options / Interface / On Screen Display / Actions).
+ Code optimization should improve skin loading time and other code elements.
+ You can now dismiss the internal screen saver by clicking with the mouse "left/right/X" buttons or using the mouse wheel.
+ The "/LastNAV", "/MainNAV" command line parameters and the "Start Player in" setting when set to "Previous Navigation" or "Main Navigation" no longer open the last navigation interface when a file name is passed in the command line, instead only switching to fullscreen mode.
- Scrolling with the mouse wheel no longer generates a double action when used in Windows 10 or earlier versions of windows with a custom mouse utility that sends scroll events to inactive windows.
- When a language pack is in use, the media library category editor's 'configure category' button would cause an access violation.
- Disabling the "Show File Extensions (playlist, file and media library navigators)" setting would corrupt the play history when opening the play history fullscreen navigation interface.
- When a language pack is in use, the media library category editor would not automatically show the 'video' category by default.
- Pressing enter on the playlist editor to play the selected file maintains the keyboard focus on the playlist (previously, the keyboard focus would move to the main window, preventing using the keyboard again to play the next file).
- When using MadVR as the video renderer with the "Auto-Size User Interface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio (when resizing)" setting enabled caused the player window to resize and screen-center when opening certain media formats (MOV, WebP and other formats may have been affected). This fix requires the latest version of MadVR, otherwise support for black-bar crop detection by MadVR will cease working.
- The Media Library fullscreen navigation interface did not respect the "Show File Extensions" setting in thumbnail view mode.
- The "Remove folder(s) from categories" section of the media library fullscreen navigation interface was not clearing the background between screen updates, causing the path area to become unreadable and the current scroll position to become unclear.
- The "Remove folder(s) from categories" section of the media library fullscreen navigation interface did not use the current font size.
- Folders containing previously viewed media were highlighted even if the "Highlight previously viewed files" setting was disabled.
- The options dialog's search feature did not find searches for radio group listed elements (lists with bullet-point selection).
- Pressing the TAG display script's "Default" button when using a language pack could show a corrupt script (??? characters appearing instead of the script text).
- The "Center user interface on initial load" setting did not work as intended when opening the player by double clicking on a media file in an external program (e.g. explorer) while the "Auto-Size User Interface to fit Source Video Resolution (on load)" setting enabled.
- The "DVD Settings" advanced options dialog page was not searchable through the options dialog's search feature.
- Using Alt+PgDn and Alt+PgUp to move items in the playlist up or down the list did not work if the keyboard focus was on the playlist window.
- The internal screen saver would still display even when moving the mouse cursor over the timeline or control bar areas.
- The multi-part file loader did not detect the last file in a series if the file names were comprised completely of numbers, for example: 01.mp3 02.mp3 03.mp3 04.mp3 <- would not add automatically.
- The qBittorrent file tracker did not show the download progress of some torrents with nested folders.
- Pressing Alt+"V" to fetch the playlist media entries duration would not work the first time (had to press twice).
- Re-ordering playlist entries in the playlist editor using the Alt+"PgUp/PgDn" keyboard macros or by dragging using the mouse cursor caused the moved entry to auto-select when playback started.
- The internal screen saver would not always appear on secondary monitors.
- Release Date: Nov 16, 2015
--- What's new in Zoom Player v11:
* New thumbnail based view mode for the Media Library fullscreen navigation interface with kinetic scrolling!
You can specify which media library category should display in thumb view mode using the Media Library category editor or through the "functions / settings" page in the fullscreen media library navigation interface.
Thumb view mode automatically uses background threads to scrape for information (thumbnails and other meta-data) from media files within the media library.
Bumping on the left/right sides using a keyboard or remote control brings up custom functionality such as "Go to first entry", "Go up a folder" or "Switch sorting mode".
Bumping the first or last thumb rows using a keyboard or remote control shows a momentary glow effect to signify navigation has reached the start or end of the thumbnail display. Pressing up or down once again using the keyboard or remote control scrolls to the other end of the thumbnail display.
Holding down on a thumbnail (with the mouse button or by touch) or Pressing Enter with a keyboard or remote control brings up a mini-menu with options to "play the media file", "erase the media file", "open the full function menu" and "go back to the category list". The mini-menu automatically times out after 3 seconds or you can close it manually by pressing left on the left side. The two functions on the right side of the mini-menu ("erase media file" and "go back to the category list") are customizable through the advanced options dialog.
To return to the category list using a keyboard or remote control, you can press "Left" on the first entry. By default, bumping left will go to the first entry, so a few left clicks will quickly show the category list.
* New thumb view section in the advanced options dialog featuring all the settings available to control Zoom Player's thumb view user experience.
* The media library category editor has gained a new category configuration dialog used to enable thumbnail view mode, control the thumbnail layout for the category and lock the category with a password.
* The media library fullscreen navigation interface's "Settings" page can now be used to switch between list view and thumbnail view as well as control whether thumbs are scaled or cropped to fit within the thumbnail area.
* The default Onyx skin and the bundled AlbaHD skins have been enhanced with clean mouse-hover animation effects for all buttons on the main user interface, the playlist editor and the equalizer window.
* The 'Navigation Style' fullscreen navigation interface can now be used to switch between background patterns on skins that allow you to set a custom background pattern.
* You can now password protect a media library category to prevent children from accessing prohibited content directly from the media library fullscreen navigation interface.
* Features that highlight a portion of the timeline (AB-Repeat, creating ring tones, etc) now show position markers for the start and end points as well as the duration of the highlighted range.
* New 4K resolution version of the Alba skin control bar, now accessible through the skin selection dialog (press "N" or access through the right-click menu).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that controls whether the media library lists content that matches a category type or shows the content based on the media library filter.
The new default is to only show content based on the media library category type. To restore the previous default, uncheck this setting.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to Automatically select the last viewed file/folder when entering a folder.
This setting requires play history's "save last play time" setting enabled to function.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area) that determine if timeline markers are shown with features that highlight a portion of the timeline
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Playlist editor to remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Equalizer to remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to invert the text view's colors. The new text file viewing default is Black background with white text.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / On Screen Display / Tags) to use the folder/embedded image as a stretched and darkened background for the image itself. Enabled by default.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that enables using the navigation "Enter" key action on a media library category list to open the category at the root folder. This was the previous default behavior, which have now been disabled. Pressing enter with this setting disabled, opens the category in its previous position.
* Volume widgets now show the volume percentage as a hint when hovering over with the mouse cursor.
* Zoom Player now supports MadVR's automatic black-bar video detection and window size changes when the "Auto-Size User Interface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio (when resizing)" setting is enabled.
* The Multi-Part file loader's "Automatic Match" setting can now detect and add into the playlist GoPro series of media files. Thanks Dimitar Pankov.
* The "Options / About" page will now specify if your copy of Zoom Player is a life time (free upgrades for life) license.
* The internal image decoder now supports GIF decoding (only still images, does not support animating GIF files).
* New "fnThumbViewMiniMenu" function that Shows/Hides the media library's ThumbView mode's Mini-Menu.
* New "unchecked" icon used throughout several fullscreen navigation interfaces to clarify usage experience.
+ All media library categories have been automatically converted to thumbnail view mode. You can restore each category to list view mode using the media library category editor (Shift+"M") or through the settings page on the media library fullscreen navigation interface. Dependant on the content type (Audio/Video/Picture/Executable), a default thumbnail aspect ratio and column count is applied.
+ Modified how Zoom Player loads, shaving about 900ms off the load time, which on the development system accounts for a 36% faster load time.
+ Zoom Player file tracker is now compatible with qBitTorrent v3.2.
+ The backspace key can now be used with all fullscreen navigation interfaces to quickly go up to a previous folder or all the way back to the main fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The backspace key no longer clears the playlist on the playlist fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The "Media Scanner" and "Remove folder(s) from categories" entries in the fullscreen media library's category list, now display a message indicating these interfaces are not available when navigation "safe mode" is enabled.
+ The media library fullscreen navigation interface's "Filter List" page has been renamed to a now more expanded "Settings" page.
+ The checkboxes on the Media Library's fullscreen navigation "Sort" and "Settings" pages are now clickable with the mouse or touch input.
+ The checkboxes on the File Browsers's fullscreen navigation "Sort" and "Filter List" pages are now clickable with the mouse or touch input.
+ Zoom Player used the term 'Directory' and 'Folder' interchangeably, to prevent confusion, all references should now appear as 'Folder'.
- When viewing the main fullscreen navigation interface in grid mode, the description could appear as "???" when using a non-english language pack.
- The media library fullscreen navigation interface did not highlight previously seen image files when the setting to 'Highlight previously viewed files' was enabled.
- Navigation scroll acceleration (when holding down or quickly tapping a keyboard or remote control button) didn't reset the acceleration when using a different navigation key. For example, pressing the down arrow quickly would scroll real fast down a list, but then pressing the UP key would scroll back up by more than one item.
- The keyboard macro list and right-click context menu file were not updated to the latest version in the original v10.0.0 release.
- Maximizing and then Minimizing the main player window lost the maximized window state and non-maximized window size.
- Playing a new video with MadVR set as the video renderer while the player window was in a maximized state lost the maximized window state and non-maximized window size.
- Using functions that shows a file open/save dialog and keeping the dialog window open until the internal screen saver started, caused the user interface to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.
- With the "Nav-Left goes up a directory before entering the Drive/Category list" setting enabled, clicking the "<" icon in the media library triggered a "folder up" action instead of returning to the category list.
- Fixed a crash when trying to close the player with certain fullscreen navigation interfaces open and uTorrent/qBittorrent/eMule file tracking was enabled.
- The "Screen-Center Playlist when switching to Fullscreen / Zoom mode" setting did not actually screen-center the playlist editor.
- Trying to set file association with UAC enabled under Windows 7 would erroneously show a 'this feature is not supported by the FREE/PRO version' dialog.
- Pressing the "5" key on the keypad with num-lock disabled would interfere with fullscreen navigation's 'quick search' functionality and regular keyboard navigation until ESC was pressed.
- Fixed a few possible crashes when closing Zoom Player.
- Release Date: Jul 10, 2015
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v10.5:
* New thumbnail based view mode for the Media Library fullscreen
navigation interface with kinetic scrolling!
You can specify which media library category should display in thumb
view mode using the Media Library category editor.
Thumb view mode automatically uses background threads to scrape for
information (thumbnails and other meta-data) from media files within
the media library.
Bumping on the left/right sides using a keyboard or remote control
brings up custom functionality such as "Go to first entry",
"Go up a folder" or "Switch sorting mode".
To access the function menu, long click or touch the thumbnail until
the function icon appears and then let go of the mouse button or
screen before the icon disappears.
Using the keyboard, pressing Enter brings up a mini-menu with options
to play the media file, erase the media file, open the full function
menu and go up a folder. This mini-menu automatically times out
after 3 seconds or you can close it manually by pressing left with the
top-left icon highlighted.
To return to the category list using a keyboard or remote control,
press "Left" on the first entry. By default, bumping left will
go to the first entry, so a few left clicks will quickly show
the category list.
* New thumb view section in the advanced options dialog featuring all
the settings available to control Zoom Player's thumb view layout
and user experience.
* The 'Navigation Style' fullscreen navigation interface can now be used
to switch between background patterns on skins that allow you to set
a custom background pattern.
* Features that highlight a portion of the timeline (AB-Repeat, creating
ring tones, etc) now show position markers for the start and end points
as well as the duration of the highlighted range.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings)
that controls whether the media library lists content that matches
a category type or shows the content based on the media library filter.
The new default is to only show content based on the media library
category type. To restore the previous default, uncheck this setting.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area) that
determine if timeline markers are shown with features that highlight a
portion of the timeline
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Playlist editor to
remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Equalizer to
remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / On Screen Display / Tags) to
use the folder/embedded image as a stretched and darkened background for
the image itself. Enabled by default.
* Volume widgets now show the volume percentage as a hint when hovering
over with the mouse cursor.
* The Multi-Part file loader's "Automatic Match" setting can now detect
and add into the playlist GoPro series of media files.
Thanks Dimitar Pankov.
* The "Options / About" page will now specify if your copy of Zoom Player
is a life time (free upgrades for life) license.
* The internal image decoder now supports GIF decoding (only still images,
does not support animating GIF files).
* New "fnThumbViewMiniMenu" function that Shows/Hides the media library's
ThumbView mode's Mini-Menu.
* New "unchecked" icon used throughout several fullscreen navigation
interfaces to clarify usage experience.
+ Zoom Player file tracker is now compatible with qBitTorrent v3.2.
+ The backspace key can now be used with all fullscreen navigation interfaces
to quickly go up to a previous folder or all the way back to the main
fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The backspace key no longer clears the playlist on the playlist fullscreen
+ Zoom Player used the term 'Directory' and 'Folder' interchangeably,
to prevent confusion, all references should now appear as 'Folder'.
- When viewing the main fullscreen navigation interface in grid mode,
the description could appear as "???" when using a non-english
- The media library fullscreen navigation interface did not highlight
previously seen image files when the setting to 'Highlight previously
viewed files' was enabled.
- Navigation scroll acceleration (when holding down or quickly tapping
a keyboard or remote control button) didn't reset the acceleration
when using a different navigation key.
For example, pressing the down arrow quickly would scroll real fast
down a list, but then pressing the UP key would scroll back up by
more than one item.
- The keyboard macro list and right-click context menu file were not
updated to the latest version in the original v10.0.0 release.
- Maximizing and then Minimizing the main player window lost the
maximized window state and non-maximized window size.
- Playing a new video with MadVR set as the video renderer while the
player window was in a maximized state lost the maximized window
state and non-maximized window size.
- Using a functions that shows a file open/save dialog and keeping the
dialog window open until the internal screen saver started, caused the
user interface to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a small memory leak.
- Fixed a crash when trying to close the player with certain fullscreen
navigation interfaces open and uTorrent/qBittorrent/eMule file tracking
- The "Screen-Center Playlist when switching to Fullscreen / Zoom mode"
setting did not actually screen-center the playlist editor.
- Trying to set file association with UAC enabled under Windows 7 would
erroneously show a 'this feature is not supported by the FREE/PRO
- Release Date: Mar 6, 2015
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v10:
* New pre-configuration wizard! The wizard opens automatically on a fresh installation or can be manually triggered by using the Alt+Shift+F12 keyboard macro. The wizard lets you automatically configure Zoom Player based on the playback PC device profile: 1. PC This is the default configuration used in previous versions of Zoom Player.
2. HTPC (Home Theater PC) When choosing the HTPC profile, the following settings are adjusted: A. Buttons added to the Control Bar: * Subtitle Cycling. * Open the Media Library fullscreen navigation interface. * Maximize video to fullscreen. B. Buttons removed from the Control Bar: * Fullscreen on/off toggle. C. The mouse left button-click is assigned to 'Mouse Gestures'. D. The open file function is assigned to open the file browsing fullscreen navigation interface, affecting the control bar button and the 'Open file' right-click menu entry. E. Zoom Player automatically starts in fullscreen mode with the main fullscreen navigation interface open. 3. Tablet When choosing the Tablet profile, the following settings are adjusted: A. Buttons added to the Control Bar: * Seeking controls * Lock user interface function * Maximize video to fullscreen. B. Buttons removed from the Control Bar: * Fullscreen on/off toggle. * Open File C. The mouse left button-click is assigned to 'Mouse Gestures' with the static mouse click set to toggle the Control Bar on/off. D. The open file function is assigned to open the file browsing fullscreen navigation interface, affecting the control bar button and the 'Open file' right-click menu entry. E. Zoom Player automatically starts in fullscreen mode with the main fullscreen navigation interface open. F. Zoom Player prompts for the tablet screen's physical size. Zoom Player uses the screen size information to adjust the following settings to ensure they work well with touch input: * Fullscreen navigation scroll bar size. * Control Bar size. * Hot-Corner click-region size. * Color Control UI size. G. The control bar auto-hides after 15 seconds instead of 3. H. The number of lines displayed in the fullscreen navigation interfaces is reduced, making line selection easier. I. Do not show timeline position when hovering with the mouse over the timeline since tablets do not use mouse as input device by default. J. Disable quick searching using the keyboard. K. Set LAV Video hardware acceleration to DXVA2 Native L. Hide button hints (no mouse to hover with).
* New "Media Scanner" fullscreen navigation interface (Ctrl+Shift+"M"). The Media Scanner scans the PC's drives, searching for media content (audio/video/images) and presenting a clear list featuring the content of each folder identified to contain media. Each media folder can be browsed, added to existing media library categories or used as a base for a new media library category. With the new Media Scanner, you no longer have to leave the fullscreen navigation interface to setup the media library.
* New "Stream Selection" fullscreen navigation interface (Shift+"E"). The stream selection navigation interface allows you to easy select which of the playing media's Audio and Subtitle streams to enable.
* New "Mini Color Control" fullscreen navigation interface that by default replaces the old color control fullscreen navigation interface. The new minified version uses as little screen-space as possible to ensure color changes are clearly seen as they are being applied.
* New "Control Bar" button on the skin selection dialog, introducing a new class of skinning specifically for the control bar, allowing you to pick custom control bar designs, regardless of the currently used skin. By default, Zoom Player ships with 5 custom control bars: 1. Onyx Very Small 2. Onyx Small 3. Onyx Medium 4. Onyx Large 5. Onyx Very Large
* Zoom Player is now "Large Address Aware". This means that Zoom Player and filters in use by Zoom Player can now allocate more than 2GB of RAM. Large Address Aware is required when playing 4K video content through MadVR using a very large frame buffer.
* New "Media Scanner" entry on the media library fullscreen navigation category list giving easy access the new media scanner fullscreen navigation interface.
* New "Remove folder(s) from categories" function on the media library fullscreen navigation category list enabling easy removal of folders from existing media library categories.
* New "Hot Corner" feature (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse / Settings) that triggers customizable functions when the mouse (or finger with touch input devices) clicks on one of the screen's corners while in fullscreen mode. By default the functions are: Top-Left corner : Main fullscreen navigation interface Top-Right corner : Playlist fullscreen navigation interface Bottom-Left corner : File browsing fullscreen navigation interface Bottom-Right corner : Media library fullscreen navigation interface
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse / Settings) to limit "Hot Corner" feature to fullscreen mode (enabled by default).
* New settings (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse) to set which function is triggered when using the 4th (Forward) and 5th (Backward) buttons on the mouse. By default the forward and backward buttons are set to perform a medium distance seek, but any Zoom Player function can be assigned to the buttons using the 'Custom' option.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video) to control LAV Video Decoder's hardware acceleration. By default, Zoom Player now sets the hardware acceleration to DXVA2 Copyback (which falls back to software mode if it is not supported by the hardware/drivers) in tablet mode and "Use LAV's setting" on PCs and HTPCs.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that controls whether clicking the right/left screen edges navigates to the left/right. This behavior was previously enabled and hard coded, it is now optional and disabled by default.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation) that switches between the old color control navigation style and the new mini-color control navigation style. The current navigation skin must support the mini-color control navigation mode for the setting to have an affect.
* A few great looking background patterns for the customizable dark/light fullscreen navigation interfaces are now included with the installer. The browse button next to the "Override navigation background image" setting now opens the new patterns folder by default.
* The advanced playlist control can now be searched with either an "OR" or an "AND" type Boolean search when using multiple words.
* New "Lock user interface" control bar button. When enabled, the mouse and keyboard interfaces are disabled until the top-left corner of the screen is quickly clicked 3 times or the space bar is quickly pressed 3 times.
* New "/MainNav" command line parameter that starts the player with the main navigation interface visible and fullscreen.
* New "Main Navigator" setting for the "Start Player in" feature (Adv. Options / Interface / Position & Size).
* New Text Viewer font size settings for both ASCII and ANSI (used to display art in NFO files) under "Adv. Options / Interface / On Screen Display".
* New "exLAVHWAccel" extended function that specifies the type of video hardware acceleration used by the LAV Video Decoder filter. Values: 0 = Use LAV's setting 1 = None (software decoding) 2 = NVIDIA CUVID 3 = Intel½ QuickSync 4 = DXVA2 (copy-back) 5 = DXVA2 (native)
Extended functions can be mapped to keyboard events to make switching between different hardware acceleration modes more accessible.
* New smart play profile to support decoding of Apple's ProRes format.
* Media can now be played directly from the fullscreen download manager navigation interface.
* New API message #1935 to add a file to the playlist and automatically start playing it.
+ Zoom Player should load faster, especially on a fresh install or when upgrading to a new version.
+ Rewrote the entire fullscreen navigation mouse click/touch code to prevent clicking and double clicking outside list boundaries selecting the first/last list entry.
+ The Image Adjust, Image Blanking, Equalizer and Color Control navigation interfaces are now much more reactive when quickly clicking the mouse or touch input devices.
+ The GoTo Time fullscreen navigation interface is now much more touch-intuitive with +/- icons under the Hours/Minutes/Seconds fields to quickly change the values without having to use the more cumbersome directional arrows interface.
+ The file browsing fullscreen navigation interface no longer displays the volume label of network drives as it caused massive slow downs if the network drive was disconnected.
+ The fullscreen navigation interfaces' close button now only reacts when the mouse button is released or when the finger is moved off the touch surface. The change makes the interface more intuitive when used with touch interfaces.
+ Double clicking on the fullscreen media library category or file browsing drive list now opens the last position instead of the first item in the list.
+ When hovering with the mouse over the main fullscreen navigation interface's grid, the active entry is now set to the item selected instead of just highlighted, making use of a keyboard+mouse setup more intuitive.
+ The order of the navigation interfaces has been changed along with the default navigation interfaces listed in the main navigation interface. You can still choose which navigation interfaces to list through the advanced options dialog.
+ The on-screen clock is now hidden when a fullscreen navigation interface is visible.
+ The default value for "Navigation Scroll Mode" is now set to "Middle Centered".
+ The icon in the path area was removed from several fullscreen navigation interfaces.
+ The path text was changed to be more subtle in several fullscreen navigation interfaces.
+ Played items in the media library and file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces are made easier to spot by changing played media's icon to 25% transparency (compared to 50% in previous versions).
+ Several actions, (for example trying to open a category in the media library that contained no files) would not show any visual cue to indicate why no action took place.
These action will now Pop-up an OSD message to indicate the cause.
+ When opening the options dialog for the very first time, it will now open centered within the active monitor (previously it would open centered on the main UI window).
- Due to a bug, the scheduler interface became impossible to enable even when using the MAX version.
- The "Check for updates" setting was broken and may have notified of new components on the install center even though they may have not been any.
- Closing a fullscreen navigation interface by clicking/touching the "X" area located at the top-right corner of the screen could accidentally trigger a "right" navigation function, which by default is to seek forward 20 seconds.
- Long-presses on buttons now work when used with a touch screen (instead of the default windows behavior of a long-press being used to right-click).
- Double-click action will not trigger accidentally when trying to quickly select/unselect entries in the Playlist, Media Library and File Browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces.
- The selected file(s) attribute in the Media Library, Playlist and File Browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces would not clear after performing several actions (Cut, Paste, Add to Playlist, Remove from Playlist and Clear Playlist).
- Fixed a memory leak when using the main navigation interface in grid mode.
- Certain mouse actions and features did not perform well when the text viewer was used.
- When playing a file using the file browsing fullscreen navigation interface, opening the interface will now mark the file as seen without requiring you to exit and re-enter the folder.
- Scrolling quickly through the "image adjust" and "image blanking" fullscreen navigation interfaces could cause values to change using a multiplier instead of accurately one at a time.
- In the FREE and PRO versions, the chapter points on the timeline could not be disabled.
- Pressing Backspace before typing anything else in a fullscreen navigation interface that had QuickSearch enabled could cause the dialog to appear frozen until other characters were entered.
- Using the "End" key to go to the end of the line when using the fullscreen keyboard navigation interface would go one character after the line's end.
- If the "Auto-Show the Control Bar on Mouse Movement" setting was enabled and the "Limit Control Bar Auto-Show to Fullscreen / Zoom mode" was disabled, it took two clicks to close the control bar.
- Using the CommAPI #1930 message to add files to the playlist now automatically translates "/" characters to "" if the path is local, fixing cosmetic issues in the playlist.
- Release Date: Nov 7, 2014
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.5.0:
* The main fullscreen navigation interface index is now drawn
using an icon grid array instead of a list, making it much more
* There is now a dedicated close button for all fullscreen navigation
interfaces, making them more suitable for usage with touch devices.
* New text-file viewer, opening any of the following text extensions
uses the new viewer: csv, css, ini, json, log, nfo, txt, xml, yaml.
Files with the 'nfo' extension will open using the Terminal font
at a fixed size of "9" to preserve the ASCII art.
While the text-file viewer is in use, the UP/DOWN navigation keys
and the mouse scroll wheel are used to scroll through the file
instead of their usually assigned function.
* You can now rename files directly from the playlist fullscreen
navigation interface's function menu.
* The GoTo time fullscreen navigation interface is now more usable
with a mouse or touch input :
1. You can now click to select the Hour/Minute/Seconds fields.
2. Clicking the current position pastes the current position
to the Hour/Minute/Seconds entry fields
3. The arrow controls are larger and more accessible.
* A clickable "Trash" icon is now displayed next to the erase entry
on fullscreen navigation interfaces' function menu.
* New setting "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation /
Customization) to override a skin's icon grid array viewing mode
for the main fullscreen navigation interface index.
* New setting "Adv. Options / Interface" that overrides the mouse
scroll wheel and UP/DOWN navigation keys functions when the HTML
or Text file viewers are in use. Instead of the assigned functions
the mouse wheel and UP/DOWN keys are used to scroll through the
* New setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles" that
determines whether the XySubFilter high resolution subtitle renderer
is used (MadVR set as the video renderer is also a requirement
for XySubFilter to work).
* New setting "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation /
Settings" that determines if text files are listed in the media
library and file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces.
This setting can also be accessed through the media library and
file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces' function menu.
* New setting "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation /
Customization" specifying that the selected custom background
image should be treated as a pattern and tiled instead of stretched.
* New setting "Adv. Options / Playback" that determines whether text
files are added to the playlist when opening an entire drive or folder.
* You can now select "Text & HTML" from the open dialog's drop-down
* New control bar buttons that opens the 'Main' and 'Media Library'
fullscreen navigation interface.
* New button on the Install Center's options dialog to open the
cache folder in explorer.
* You can now click an arrow icon on the media library, file browsing
and playlist fullscreen navigation interfaces' quick search function
to reach the selected entry with one click.
* New skin-script code to better position the 'GoTo Time' fullscreen
navigation interface's "current" and "seek-to" position texts.
* New Smart Play profile for opening local ".NSV" media files.
Improved NSV streaming should appear in a future version.
+ The default configuration has been improved to better account for new
and updated features.
+ The 'Navigation Scrollbar Size' setting can now be set to
"Dynamic Mode" which changes the scrollbar's size dynamically
based on the interface's width, restoring the previous default
+ "Dynamic mode" is the new default 'Navigation Scrollbar Size',
restoring the scrollbar size to v9.3 values.
+ When the HTML viewer is in use, the UP/DOWN navigation keys and
the mouse scroll wheel are now used to scroll through the web page
instead of their usually assigned function.
+ The icon next to the 'Play all files in this Directory' and
'Randomly Play all files in this Directory' has been changed from
a checkbox to a play icon.
+ The notification about bad sub-types in a smart play profile will
no longer appear by default. These messages will now only appear
if the 'Show Smart Play graph creation errors' setting is enabled.
+ The default panning rate when using an XInput (XBOX 360/ONE)
controller has been slowed a bit.
+ A few of the fullscreen navigation icons were tweaked for clarity
and enhanced visuals.
+ Some of the icons on the bundled Customizable Background fullscreen
navigation skin have been made semi-translucent in sections to better
integrate with the background image.
+ The GoTo time fullscreen navigation dialog now always opens on the
"Seconds" field (previously it would on the "Hours" field).
+ Improved keyboard time to seek input when using the GoTo time
fullscreen navigation interface.
+ Added more space between some buttons in fullscreen navigation
interfaces (Equalizer, Image Adjust, Color Control, Image Blanking).
+ The Image Adjust fullscreen navigation interface layout has been
optimized for additional clarity.
+ The Mouse wheel function fullscreen navigation interface has been
optimized for additional clarity and enhanced touch input.
- Disabled the "Press & Hold" windows touch-input feature on the
fullscreen navigation interfaces. The "Press & Hold" feature
adds a delayed response to touch events, which interfered with
smooth operation on tablet devices.
- Enabling a file tracker feature while the download manager
fullscreen navigation interface was already visible could
cause a crash.
- Trying to play streaming audio without the DC-Bass component
installed would trigger a crash.
- Trying to play a station listed under the favorites section
would trigger a crash.
- Adding a station to the favorite station list would not save
the new favorite item after restarting the player.
- Long Path text in the media library and file browsing fullscreen
interfaces would cause the text to overlay the selected item count
- Renaming a file in the media library or file browsing fullscreen
navigation interfaces would cause the some of the playlist navigation
interface icons to appear in the wrong size.
- Renaming a file using one of the fullscreen navigation interfaces
would not rename the playlist entry for that file.
- Clicking in an empty space under or above a file entry's icon in
the playlist, media library and file browsing fullscreen navigation
interfaces no longer selects the last entry in the list.
- Clicking in an empty space under or above an entry in all
fullscreen navigation interface would wrongly interpret the
click as if it was on the first or last entry in the list,
leading to accidental actions.
- Switching to fullscreen with the Zoom Player window in a maximized
state would lose the window's maximized state upon exiting fullscreen
- Hovering with the mouse cursor over a timeline area containing
a chapter/bookmark would cause the hint window containing the
bookmark name and position to flicker if the hint window would
appear on the edge of the active screen.
- Setting the mouse's middle-click (mouse wheel click) to reset
DirectShow Zooming, instead of resetting, the maximum zoom
value was applied.
- Opening a folder through several means (drag & drop for example)
would not always respect the "Opening a drive or directory includes
opening image files" setting.
- Rotating the screen/tablet now hides the date & time display from
the navigation interfaces (previously they would overlap due to
the lack of space).
- Category names would overlap the right-side icons in the fullscreen
media library navigation interface.
- Clicking the left/right edges of a fullscreen navigation interface
to navigate left/right now works again.
- Release Date: Sep 30, 2014
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.4.1:
* Clicking the selected item count checkbox in the playlist, file browsing and media library fullscreen navigation interfaces now acts as a shortcut to the extended file selection page.
* New scenecut editor "Pause Playback" entry type.
* Introduced stricter sub-type format checking to prevent errors.
+ Auto-Showing the control bar when the mouse cursor is moved to the top or bottom of the screen (selectable in the options) now triggers when the mouse cursor is up to 4 pixels away from the top/bottom instead of the just the top/bottom pixel.
- Trying to play all files in a directory did not ignore unknown file extensions, adding them to the playlist instead.
- With the "Auto-Size User Interface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio" setting enabled, triggering an action OSD (like "Pause") would cause the window to auto-resize.
- A bad sub-type in the H.264 video decoder smart play profile could have caused issues under certain conditions.
- Selecting "all matching multi-part files" from fullscreen navigation interfaces could select non-file entries such as "Previous Directory" and others.
- Release Date: Sep 22, 2014
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.4:
* New feature to load DirectShow filters directly from a DLL even if the filter is not registered/installed on the system (Adv. Options / Playback / Smart Play / Info & DLL Paths).
The external DLL paths are searched when Zoom Player tries to create a filter that is not registered with the operating system. Note: + All paths are relative to Zoom Player's EXE's folder. + Some filters may require registry entries to work.
* New "<" icon next to a fullscreen navigation interface's icon/title to provide a clear visual indicator that clicking the location navigates to the previous navigation page.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to set the scrollbar's width.
* New clickable icons for "Play all files in this directory" and "Randomly Play all files in this directory".
* New "Play" icon next to playable entries in multiple fullscreen navigation interfaces (media library, file browser, etc).
* You can now select MadVR as the Windows Media DRM playback video renderer.
+ Large playlist load time has been optimized by up to 200%.
+ You can now single-click previous directory icon to go to the previous directory.
+ New "Unknown" icon now used with unknown file types in file listing fullscreen navigation interfaces (media library, file browser, etc).
+ When loading a playlist comprised of multiple playlists, each with a sort method specified in the playlist, the playlists will now be individually sorted and appended instead of the final playlist being sorted.
+ The fullscreen navigation scrollbar width is no longer dependant on the width of the dialog as that didn't make sense rotating displays (such as tablets). The scroll bar width is now fixed size.
+ The icon used to access the fullscreen navigation interface's functions page has been modified to more clearly indicate the action taken by clicking the icon.
+ On the fullscreen navigation function pages of the media library and file browsing interfaces, on the "Add to Playlist" entry, the icon has been changed from a right arrow to a playlist icon to better indicate that clicking the icon opens the playlist navigation interface.
+ The playlist icon has been replaced with a new, polished design.
- The "Create Contact Sheet" feature got completely broken in v9.3.
- The fullscreen navigation interfaces did not resize when rotating the screen orientation.
- When playing a media with external audio track files, the used filters may not have been released properly from memory, causing all sorts of possible issues (for example, MadVR would not release it's overlay, covering the video area when playing audio files afterwards).
- The fullscreen playlist navigation interface's font did not adjust in size to match the "Navigation Line Count" setting and was not perfectly centered within each line.
- The Alt+"S" keyboard macro that opens the subtitle configuration page did not work if the "XySubFilter" subtitle renderer filter was used.
- When using a detached control bar on the primary screen to display preview thumbnails from a video playing on a secondary screen, the thumbnails would always appear below the timeline, even when there was space above it.
- When using a detached control bar on the primary screen to display preview thumbnails from a video playing on a secondary screen, the thumbnails would initially appear on the secondary until the mouse was moved at least 1 pixel over the timeline.
- The previous fullscreen navigation customization settings were not restored if the options dialog was closed using the "Cancel" button.
- Resizing the fullscreen station navigation interface width could cause the station name to overlap the station format and bitrate text fields.
- The Install Center would list an update as available even if a newer version was already installed if the update's build number was higher than the currently installed version's build number, for example: v18.104.22.168 would appear newer than v22.214.171.124
- The "DefaultSettings.exe" file did not reset the Steam Edition's settings.
- Release Date: Sep 2, 2014
* Support for registering the GXF, MXF media exchange formats file extensions.
* New Smart Play profiles for GFX, MXF, Motion JPEG2000 and DVCPro formats.
* Clicking on the fullscreen navigation interfaces title area now navigates to the previous interface (like using the navigate "left" function).
* The current navigation icon is now drawn next to the fullscreen navigation interface's title.
* Clicking the "Main" fullscreen navigation interface now toggles back and forth between the function page and the navigation interface selection index.
* The playlist, file browsing and media library fullscreen navigation interfaces display item and selected item counts on the right-side of the path section.
* New "Main" entry on the main fullscreen navigation interface functions page that returns to the main navigation interface selection index.
* The fullscreen virtual-keyboard navigation interface's text box can now be clicked to move the text-caret to the clicked position in the text.
* The fullscreen navigation skinning code has been enhanced to control whether navigation arrows are displayed on each navigator interface.
* The fullscreen navigation skinning code has been enhanced to allow specifying a specific file for each navigation icon. Navigation icon sizes are no longer fixed at 160x160 pixels (source resolution).
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to pre-load navigation graphics, improving load time at the cost of additional memory usage.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to prevent the navigation icon from being displayed next to the title text.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to prevent the navigation title from being displayed.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker) that tracks and displays download progress in the media library and file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces when using the qBittorrent BitTorrent download client: http://www.qbittorrent.org/
* New skin-script code specifying the fullscreen navigation interfaces' icon position and scale next to the title text.
+ Several fullscreen navigation customization features have been moved from other pages to the new customization page on the advanced options dialog.
+ Several fullscreen navigation widget have been polished to better fit the navigation style.
+ Multiple fullscreen navigation skin files can now reside in the same folder, allowing graphical element re-use for a smaller distribution.
+ All settings on the fullscreen navigation customization options dialog page are now updated in real time, making it much simpler to customize the fullscreen navigation interfaces.
+ Using the fullscreen navigation's navigation skin selection interface now updates the navigation skin as soon as you highlight a skin entry.
+ Detaching the control bar now overrides all other control bar positional settings.
+ Adding files/folders to the playlist using the media library or file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces now reports the number of files actually added to the playlist.
+ The Advanced playlist control now works 200% faster by pre-allocating some RAM (10mb ram for a playlist with 40,000 entries).
- Image rotation was completely broken (did nothing) in v9.2.
- Fixed a vulnerability when loading specially crafted ".BMP" files.
- The information dialog ("I" keyboard macro) will no longer appear partially off-screen when the playback window is positioned at a screen corner.
- When applying file extension association, the confirmation dialog appeared in the wrong screen position.
- Adding a streaming URL using the playlist editor would clear the entire playlist instead of appending the URL to the end of the playlist.
- Hardened the language-pack parsing code to better handle several types of translation errors.
- The "DefaultSettings.exe" application that resets Zoom Player's settings to their default values did not work with the Steam Edition of Zoom Player.
- Fixed several issues related to conflicts between assigned double-click and single-click mouse functions, like the inability to exit fullscreen mode when double-click is set to switch to "Fullscreen on/off" and single click set to "Move Video / Window".
- The "ESC" key no longer closes the keyboard editor's key mapping dialog, allowing the "ESC" key to be mapped.
- Loading playlists with embedded media-duration information skips the media-duration scanner's background operation from trying to get the media's duration from the media file itself.
- The advanced playlist control dialog would take twice as long to open if the 'Search' was set to "Starting with...". Only noticable on massive playlists.
- Release Date: Jul 31, 2014
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.2.0:
* XBOX controller sticks can now be used to Pan & Scan directshow
* New "Speed" parameter assignable to XBOX controller stick and trigger
functions specifies the number of operations per second to perform,
customizing motion accuracy for each function.
* The mouse left-click button can now be assigned to Pan & Scan directshow
* When the mouse left-click button is set to "Mouse Gestures", a new
function can be assigned to a static click, by default the function
* The DirectShow Zooming & Panning features now apply to the internal image
viewer (JPEG/PNG/BMP) as well.
* The internal image viewer (JPEG/PNG/BMP) now supports image rotation by 90
degree increments using the Shift+"R" keyboard macro.
* Video streaming over http is now supported when using the
"Open->Streaming link" feature from the right-click context menu.
* New virtual meta-data editing accessible through the playlist editor's
right-click context menu or for the currently playing media using the
Ctrl+Shift+"T" keyboard macro.
The virtual editor saves the meta-data in Zoom Player's ZPL playlist
format without modifying the meta-data within media files themselves.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Smart Play / Settings) that
specifies whether http media streaming builds a video or audio graph
when the specified URL does not contain a file extension (for example
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to auto-sort playlists
on load (excluding the default playlist used when restarting the player).
* The right-arrow appearing on multiple fullscreen navigation interfaces
is now clickable and equivalent of using the right arrow key keyboard
* New button and right-click context menu entry on the playlist editor to
add streaming URLs (e.g. "http://www.somesite.org/folder/channel1.ts").
+ The chapter-points graphical elements in the bundled Onyx and Alba skins
is now better color-coded to make it easier to see behind text.
+ The auto-part loader now ignores space characters when trying to decide
if the next file in the directory should be automatically inserted
into the playlist.
+ Added a warning to reload the playing media when enabling "Show time
seek position over Timeline" setting with "Show position preview
thumbnail" previously enabled.
+ Added a warning to reload the playing media when enabling the "Display
OSD through MadVR's OSD API (preserves fullscreen exclusive mode)"
+ The options dialog is now slightly wider to better account for the width
required to display the entire settings tree.
+ When playing a live stream, pausing now stops the graph instead of being
+ The multi-part file loader will no longer try to find multiple parts when
the file loaded is a playlist.
+ The play history fullscreen navigation interface now has a small arrow
on the active line signifying access to additional functionality.
- The ZPL playlist parsing code ignored meta-data such as the title if the
playlist entry was a URL (link).
- Fixed multiple issues with M3U playlist parsing, including parsing of
UTF8 encoding and meta-data parsing of titles for streaming links.
- Mouse gestures could conflict with the mouse left-click combined with
holding the Alt or Ctrl key functions.
- With the "Auto-Save Media Chapter files (".ZPCHP" files)" setting enabled,
chapter files were not being saved automatically under some circumstances.
- A few JPEG orientation modes were not displaying in the correct
- Setting the "Screen-Align the Control Bar to" setting to "Top" or "Bottom"
caused MadVR to drop out of fullscreen exclusive mode every time the
control bar was shown.
- With the "Screen-Align the Control Bar to" setting set to "Top" or
"Bottom", the control bar would align within the video in fullscreen
mode instead of the top/bottom positions.
- With EVR set as the video renderer, the first time a media was loaded
caused a momentary glitch in the skin (black box appearing behind the
- The PreAmp equalizer slider would get reset when the audio was muted
if the "Link volume up/down functions to PreAmp volume..." setting
- Adding a web page to the playlist and then saving and loading the playlist
or just restarting the player would cause the playlist entry to be
played as a media file (and failing) instead of opening as a web page.
- The extended fullscreen navigation interface would show "???" instead of
displaying unicode language-specific texts.
- Fixed a typo in one of the function descriptions.
- Release Date: Jul 2, 2014
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.1.0:
* The left mouse click can now be set to "Mouse Gestures".
* You can now assign 4 mouse gestures (up/down/left/right) when gesturing
with the mouse cursor while holding down the left mouse button or by
swiping a finger on touch displays a forth of the way across the screen.
By default the assigned functions are:
Left : Medium seek backward
Right : Medium seek forward
Up : Previous Track
Down : Next Track
All gestures can be assigned a custom function in the MAX version.
* xySubFilter support for full resolution subtitle rendering when playing
lower resolution video content.
MadVR must be used as the video renderer for xySubFilter to function.
Please note that the current version of xySubFilter may break ffdshow
subtitle rendering if the xySubFilter filter is registered.
* The XInput (XBOX360 and compatible controllers) interface can now assign
Zoom-in and Zoom-out functions to the left and right Trigger buttons.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area)
that displays chapter points on the timeline. When the mouse hovers over
a chapter point, a pop-up shows the chapter name.
This feature requires a skin that includes additional chapter-point
graphical elements. The Onyx and Alba skins include this support.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / System / Screen Saver) to always disable the
windows screen saver and monitor powerdown while Zoom Player is running.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse) that enables the
Mouse's middle click (wheel click) to reset DirectShow Zooming.
* New Settings (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse) that enable the
Mouse's left click combined with holding either the Alt or Ctrl keys
to pan the DirectShow Zoomed video (panning is currently limited to
the EVR video renderer).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse Wheel) that allows the
DirectShow Zoom In/Out functions to be assigned to the mouse wheel.
* New extended "exDirectShowZoom" function used to specify a zoom-in
factor when using a DirectShow video renderer. Unlike standard
Zoom-in, DirectShow based zooming works even in windowed mode.
* New "fnDSZoomIn" and "fnDSZoomOut" functions that Zoom into and out
of the video area when using a DirectShow video renderer. Unlike
standard Zoom-in, DirectShow based zooming works even in windowed
* New Comm API message #1705 notifying of a subtitle stream change.
* New Comm API message #1605 notifying of an audio stream change.
* New "TimelineChapters" and "TimelineCBarChapters" skin scripting
functions used to specify coordinates for the timeline chapter marks.
+ Comm API message #1702 (get subtitle stream names), only worked
in DVD mode. It now works for media mode subtitle steams as well.
+ The 'Current Position' is now horizontally centered in the chapter editor.
+ The font size used when creating contact sheets was too small, making the
text unreadable when creating lower resolution contract sheet images.
+ Restored subtitle compatibility with the latest version of ffdshow.
Using the ffdshow subtitle rendering option should now work.
- Playing media files with both embedded and external subtitle tracks
with the embedded subtitle tracks set as both not-default and not-forced,
the next subtitle track function would require several tries to properly
show the correct subtitle track and at times, the OSD pop-up may have shown
the wrong active subtitle track name.
- Adding a chapter point to a media file would list the new chapter
in the wrong order within the chapter editor.
- Removing chapters using the chapter editor did not prompt to
erase the chapter files when all chapters were removed, causing
the chapters to re-appear after re-loading the media.
- Using the next/previous chapter buttons would pop an action OSD
containing character encoding instead of the actual character.
For example "&comma" instead of ",".
- The 'Show OSD filename when opening a new file' setting stopped working.
- Detaching the Control Bar when using MadVR as the video renderer
would cause the control bar to appear twice under certain circumstances.
- Setting the control bar to appear at the top/bottom of the screen
instead of the video area would not work when using MadVR as the
- Disabling the "Auto Play" setting broke the "Automatically restore the
last media position on replay" feature.
- With "Auto-Size User Interface to fit Source Video Resolution (on load)"
and "Limit Auto-Size to User Interface Height" settings enabled, playing
a video while fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen would have resulted
in a window the same size as the source video's full resolution instead of
only adjusting the height to compensate for the aspect ratio.
- Searching for some buttons using the options dialog's search feature
would prevent the searched buttons from being clicked until the search
dialog was closed first.
- Enabling the 'Always start with media subtitles hidden' setting would
cause a 'Play' OSD to pop-up when playing a media file containing
- The current time and date did not appear on any fullscreen navigation
interface based on the virtual keyboard (Rename, New Folder, etc).
- Release Date: Apr 30, 2014
- + Pressing Alt+"A" to open the Audio decoder configuration page when no media is loaded, now tries to show the LAV Audio decoder instead of ffdshow's audio decoder. If LAV Filters are not installed the ffdshow audio decoder will open instead.
- - Fixed a small cosmetic glitch when maximizing the audio skin.
- Release Date: Apr 20, 2014
- * When maximizing the Video or Playlist windows, the curved window corners are now transformed into a solid frame, preventing accidental clicks on background applications. This applies to both the Onyx (default) and AlbaHD skins.
- * New Skin API command block "ifmaximized" and "endmaximized" used to draw an additional skinning layer when the playlist or video windows are maximized.
- + The keyboard macro list (F1 to show) is now cleaner and easier to read.
- Release Date: Apr 13, 2014
- Release Date: Mar 15, 2013
- Please refer to this forum post http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=13980 for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Jan 2, 2013
- * New Smart Play profile for the FRAPS raw video capture format.
- * The ".TSP" file extension was missing under the 'video' section in file browsing interfaces. You need to press the "Default" button in the options dialog (Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions).
- - An exploit that could cause arbitrary code execution when loading a specially crafted JPEG file has been fixed.
We would like to thank security researcher 'Debasish Mandal' for notifying us of the exploit.
- - The FREE version was not supposed to support Audio Visualizations, but a bug allowed you to enable support which resulted in a 'list index out of bounds' error.
- - Audio files with ID3v2.4 tags encoded as UTF8 did not display TAG info.
- - The Audio Visualization feature did not work correctly with some Sonique visualization plugins.
- - The "DefaultSettings.exe" application was not able reset Zoom Player to it's default settings under some circumstances.
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2012
- Please refer to this forum post http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=13721 for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Apr 20, 2012
- fixes an erroneous 'your trial period is over' message in the free version
- Release Date: Apr 18, 2012
- Release Date: Feb 14, 2012
- * The Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface usage framework
has changed. The new design is simpler and easier than ever:
Simply scroll up/down to reach a setting you would like to modify.
Notice the Plus/Minus icons on the right hand side.
The active icon is opaque and the inactive icon is transparent.
Moving right/left switches the active state between addition and
subtraction whilst Enter performs the action.
New reset and enabled/disabled icons are displayed next to their
corresponding action for additional clarity.
- * The fusion skin's control bar now supports brightness, contrast and
- * New Setting "Adv. Options / Interface" that controls whether the
player's user interface is restored when loading new content while
the player is minimized.
- * New Setting "Adv. Options / Interface" that controls whether the
player interface is brought on top of all other windows when
switching to fullscreen.
In previous versions, this feature was always enabled, but since it
can cause conflicts with MadVR and there's no real benefit keeping
this feature enabled for everyone. It is now disabled by default.
- * New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Smart Play" that when enabled,
all graph creation error messages are saved to a log file.
- * New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Control" that specifies that the
Frame Advance code uses an alternative method of seeking.
The default method is using DirectShow's "IVideoFrameStep" interface,
The alternative method is by guesstimating the frame and performing
a direct seek (the same method always used by the previous frame function).
- * New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Video" that controls whether
The Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) should permit dyanmic aspect ratio
changes (usually triggered by clips captures from live TV where the
content can switch from 4:3 to 16:9 dynamically).
In v8.0, the default value was disabled (Dynmaic AR changes disabled).
In v8.1, the default value was enabled (Dynmaic AR changes enabled).
- * The last play position is now saved automatically when the internal
screen saver becomes active.
- + The navigation icons are now scaled "on-demand" and the result is cached
to improve performance. Some of the fullscreen navigation interfaces may
open a bit faster thanks to this enhancement.
- + The right-click "Stream Selection sub-menu now lists audio tracks even
if there is only one track available.
- + The information dialog's ("I" keyboard macro) format section now clearly
labels the source, splitter, audio and video decoders used.
- + Scene-cut files saved for read-only media now use both the file name and
date in order to distinguish between two media files of the same name, an
increasing issue when playing blu-ray disc images.
- - The update message notifying you of a new Zoom Player version or new
updates on the install center could appear behind the user interface if
the user interface was set to 'Stay On Top'.
- - Saving scene-cut files for read-only media other than DVDs was broken.
- - External subtitle files with unicode file names were not listed with
their proper name (either an empty line would be listed or '????'
would appear instead of the actual subtitle file name.
- - When using FFDShow as the subtitle renderer and playing a media file
with external audio track, the external audio tracks would get listed
as subtitle track by ffdshow, breaking the 'cycle subtitle track'
- - Closing the navigation interfaces automatically after a specified
number of seconds would cause the navigation interfaces to close even
if remote control commands were received.
- - When the "Playing new content moves the player window to the top" setting
was enabled with MadVR as the video renderer, pressing play/pause caused
MadVR to lose exclusive mode for a split second.
- - Switching to Audio Mode now hides the clock display.
- - Changing the volume level through the Equalizer fullscreen navigation
interface did not always update the skin volume widget.
- - Changing the volume level through the player user interface while the
Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface was visible did not update
the equalizer navigation volume values.
- - Drag & Scroll was broken in the Equalizer preset list.
- - Fixed a crash when trying to close Zoom Player if the clock display and
screen saver were active at the same time.
- - The information dialog's ("I" keyboard macro) format section did not
include the splitter used for the playing media.
- - Running the Install Center with no internet connection would show
three error messages instead of one.
- - Message dialogs could appear with the mouse cursor hidden, making it
more difficult to dismiss them.
- - When using a language file, the default LIRC function type
- - Cosmetical glitches in the options dialog search function.
- Release Date: Jan 6, 2012
- New :
- The default Onyx skin has been enhanced: 1. Contrast, Brightness and Saturation are now adjustable through the expandable toolbar. 2. The expandable toolbar is now accessible through a button on the user interface instead of pressing F5 or F9 using the keyboard. 3. The volume, balance, play rate and equalizer bars have been redesigned. 4. Less framing around buttons.
- The F4-F9 skin modes used by the Default Onyx skin have changed, the new modes are: F4 : Default mode. F5 : Smaller user interface. F6 : Minimal user interface. F7 : No user interface. F8 : Show/Hide Top Bar. F9 : Show/Hide Bottom Bar.
- The Audio and Subtitle stream selection interface has been rewritten. The new 'Stream Selection' right-click sub-menu groups all streams into clearly labeled 'Audio' and 'Subtitle' groups.
- The back-end for the Audio track cycle function (Ctrl+"A") used to switch between multiple audio tracks has been rewritten. Audio tracks from internal and external sources are now switched seamlessly.
- The back-end for the Subtitle stream cycle function (Ctrl+"B") used to switch between multiple subtitle steams has been rewritten. Subtitle streams from embedded and external sources are now switched seamlessly.
- Zoom Player now has integrated LIRC support. LIRC transmits and receives remote control signals. This allows computer control using almost any remote control.
See: http://winlirc.sf.net for the Windows port by Jim Paris & Ian Curtis. http://www.lirc.org for the original project.
Using the LIRC section of the options dialog, you can directly assign remote control buttons to Zoom Player Standard, Extended and Navigation functions.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface), that controls how to display the right-click "Stream Selection" sub-menu. With "Show all filters in Stream Selection sub-menu" enabled, all filters exposing a stream select interface are displayed in a sub-menu, cleaning up the dialog. With this setting disabled, only detected Subtitle, Audio and Video streams from known sources are listed.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar), that prevents the Control Bar and Timeline context menu from opening. Useful if you have kids and you don't want a control bar setting changed by accident.
- Two new "On Playlist Complete" modes (Adv. Options / Playback) : 1. Random play a media file from the playing directory. 2. Random play a file with the same extension from the playing directory.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that resets the Subtitle Renderer's filter subtitle synchronization value, ensuring that the default value is restored when opening a new media after manually adjusting subtitle synchronization. Enabled by default.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that forces automatic stream selection to work only with external subtitle files.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that specifies whether to enable the first embedded or external subtitle stream if no automatic stream selection match is found (or if the auto stream selection is disabled).
- New "/CONNECTTCP:[address or IP]:[port]" command line parameter.
By default, The TCP/IP interface works as a server by waiting for 3rd party applications to connect to Zoom Player.
With the "/CONNECTTCP" parameter, Zoom Player initiates the connection itself with a local or remote server right as it launches. A server must be listening on the specified address and port for a connection from Zoom Player.
Example: "c:\program files\zplayer\zplayer.exe" /CONNECTTCP:127.0.0.1:4770
- New extended function "exSkinMode", which activates the F4-F9 skin modes.
- Five new functions "fnResetBright", "fnResetContrast", "fnResetGamma", "fnResetHue" and "fnResetSatur" that reset the Brightness, Contrast, Gamma Hue and Saturation to their default values.
- The skin script code has been extended with "StartAndGroup" and "EndAndGroup" blocks that allow skin script authors to limit sections of the script to specific combination of active groups.
- When connecting to the TCP/IP control interface, Zoom Player automatically issues a "3000" notification message if an error dialog was visible prior to establishing the TCP/IP connection.
- Zoom Player now notifies you of known buggy filters when running a new version of Zoom Player for the first time.
- New Smart Play profile for embedded Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC).
- New Comm API message #1090, used to get the current timeline text, including the current position and any other value specified in the options dialog under "Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area".
- Changes :
- The F4-F9 keys no longer modify skin groups, but rather activate Skin modes which are programmable directly from the skin script, providing greater flexibility and control to skin designers.
- When using the default onyx skin in F6 or F7 mode, a smaller control bar is now used.
- The Zoom Player Install Center now notifies to close any active media playback software.
- Fixes :
- Dynamic aspect ratio changes are now supported when using EVR as the video renderer.
- Running on Windows 7 with the windows shell set to an application other than "explorer.exe" would cause Zoom Player to crash.
- With "Aggressively Hide Mouse Cursor" (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse / Settings) enabled, the mouse cursor no longer re-appears when opening a fullscreen navigation interface.
- The "/SKINDVD" command line parameter used to set the DVD skin actually set the audio mode skin by accident.
- The Video icon was being shown for Blu-Ray movie index files instead of the Blu-Ray icon.
- ID3v2 unicode tags are now supported automatically without specifying a country code.
- Fixed ID3v2 URL tags that are marked as Unicode but in actuality are ASCII.
- Auto-Save media chapters (".ZPCHP" files) was automatically creating chapter files when playing media files with embedded chapters (such as matroska ".MKV" files). Now, the chapter files are created only if you edit the chapters.
- The option to disable natural language sorting is fixed.
- Maintaining fast-play between playlist items is fixed.
- Fixed a few small cosmetic glitches.
- Pop-up OSD messages are now truncated to fit the video display area.
- Pressing F11 to reset color control values while the color control fullscreen navigation interface was visible, did not update the color control navigation interface.
- Selecting the Microsoft image source no longer notifies you that the filter is unregistered. Note that the microsoft image source filter is limited to 2000x2000 resolution, so it's not recommended for anything other than animated GIF files.
- Release Date: Nov 14, 2011
- Please refer to this forum post http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=13310 for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Nov 18, 2009
- Release Date: Sep 3, 2008
- Please refer to this page for a complete list of changes