This is the version history page for XenonMKV. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version Revision 39 (Mar 2, 2011)
- Version Revision 38 (Dec 17, 2010)
- Version Revision 37 (Nov 11, 2010)
- Version Revision 36 (Apr 1, 2009)
- Version Revision 35 (Nov 24, 2008)
- Version Revision 34 (Sep 28, 2008)
- Version Revision 33 (Aug 25, 2008)
- Version Revision 32 (Jul 22, 2008)
- Version Revision 31 (Jul 7, 2008)
- Version Revision 29 (Jun 30, 2008)
- Version Revision 28 (Jun 27, 2008)
- Version Revision 27 (Jun 22, 2008)
- Version Revision 26 (Jun 16, 2008)
- Version Revision 25 (May 25, 2008)
Version Revision 39
Version Revision 38
- Release Date: Mar 2, 2011
- [2011-03-01: REVISION 39 - "war59312"]
- [FIXED] mp4box now uses a Oct 18, 2010 development build by default, 0.4.6 rev2125. (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mp4box)
- NOTE: MP4Box v0.4.6 rev. 2698 dated 21 Feb 2011 and MP4Box v0.4.6 rev. 2485 dated 14 Dec 2010 have a bug that breaks x264
- [CHANGED] CopyRight Updated to 2011
- [UPDATED] MKVToolnix v4.5.0 dated 31 Jan 2011 (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/)
- [UPDATED] FFmpeg version SVN-r26400 dated Jan 17 2011 (Last Windows 32-bit static build from http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/)
- [UPDATED] MPlayer/MEncoder with FFmpeg MT svn rev 32848 - "Intel Pentium 4 or better Multi Core (core2/xeon/etc)" Build (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php)
Version Revision 37
- Release Date: Dec 17, 2010
- [2010-12-16: REVISION 38 - "war59312"]
- [FIXED] mkvinfo.exe was broken in build 37 (http://xenonmkv.ev98.net/forum/index.php/topic,1886.0.html)
- [UPDATED] MKVToolnix v4.4.0 dated 02 Nov 2010 (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/)
- [UPDATED] English Language File, Also Fixed A Typo In English.xml: "MP4Box_Start_20080403" should be "MP4Box_Start_20080413", That's April 13 instead of April 3rd.
- [UPDATED] mp4box now uses a December 14, 2010 development build by default, 0.4.6 rev2485. (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mp4box), Changed Tools > Options > Last Steps Text To: "Use 0.4.6: December 14, 2010 build (default)"
Version Revision 36
- Release Date: Nov 11, 2010
- [2010-10-16: REVISION 37 - "war59312"]
- [FIXED] another mp4box framerate issue. Mentioned here:
- [FIXED] mkvinfo framerate issue. Mentioned here:
- [CHANGED] "Log all tool output" is now enabled by default to help in debugging.
- [CHANGED] Win32 build built using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 x64, Also fixed compile time warning about unused variable and an error with mt.exe.
- [CHANGED] No longer need the Manifest file for UAC to work correctly since being buit with VS 2010, it creates its own Manifest file.
- [CHANGED] CopyRight Updated to 2010
- [CHANGED] Open About and Options windows centered screen instead of top left.
- [UPDATED] The first time the user runs XenonMKV it offers to automaticlly download and install the Nero AAC Encoder (neroaac.zip).
XenonMKV was downloading a very old build of Nero AAC Encoder version 22.214.171.124 dated Sep 17 2008.
XenonMKV now downlaods the latest version of Nero AAC Encoder build 126.96.36.199 dated Feb 18 2010.
- [UPDATED] MKVToolnix v4.3.0 dated 05 Sep 2010 (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/)
- [UPDATED] #ziplib version 0.86.0, built on 2010/05/25 (http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sharpziplib/Download.aspx)
- [UPDATED] mp4box now uses a Sep 30 2010 development build by default, 0.4.6-dev. (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mp4box)
- [UPDATED] MediaInfo v0.7.6.4 dated 2008-05-05 (note: latest useable build due to a bug that causes "Exception fired: attempted to divide by zero" in XenonMKV)
Downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/files/binary/mediainfo/0.7.06.4/
- [UPDATED] FFmpeg version SVN-r25478 dated Oct 15 2010 (Download latest Windows 32-bit static build at http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/)
- [UPDATED] AC3Filter tools 0.31b dated 10/01/2009 (http://ac3filter.net/projects/tools/releases)
- [UPDATED] MPlayer/MEncoder with FFmpeg MT svn rev 32492 - "Intel Pentium 4 or better Multi Core (core2/xeon/etc)" Build (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php)
- [ADDED] Use system tray icon for main exe icon
Version Revision 35
- Release Date: Apr 1, 2009
- [FIXED] mp4box framerate issues. Mentioned in this thread: http://xenonmkv.ev98.net/forum/index.php/topic,164.15.html
- [UPDATED] mp4box now uses a February 2009 development build by default, 0.4.6-dev
Version Revision 34
- Release Date: Nov 24, 2008
- [FIXED] Scratch folder location now more restrictive and resilient. If any problems come up, XenonMKV now takes the safe route.
and similar threads
- [ADDED] Option to output file names in all uppercase for LaCie drives:
- [ADDED] Options button now more prominent in main window:
- [ADDED] Remember window size and position when exiting application:
Limitation: Position saving may not work as expected on leftmost or topmost monitors from primary in multi-monitor setups.
When set to a negative top or left position in pixels, the window will snap back to default settings.
No workaround possible at this time. Requires further testing.
- [ADDED] Detection of file compatibility/reference frames before video is split.
Limitation: if the file has multiple video tracks of different sizes, this may falsely flag a video.
The initial detection takes the first track that contains a width/height parameter in the original MKV.
Workaround: Disable reference frame/Xbox 360 compatibility check.
- [FIXED] Custom split timeline and text box now synchronized.
- [ADDED] Better error logging if the tool requested for a launch does not exist.
- [ADDED] Command line support for scripting. Parameters are:
XenonMKV.exe -inputfile X:\path\to\input.mkv -outputfolder X:\output\
XenonMKV.exe -inputfolder X:\path\mkvs\ -outputfolder X:\output\
Limitation: Support for this hasn't been tested too heavily. Console output isn't quite there yet.
It will probably brick itself if you try anything too fancy or use these commands out of order.
Track ordering: track 2 video, track 1 audio needs further investigation
Version Revision 33
- Release Date: Sep 28, 2008
- [FIXED] Changed Nero AAC encoder extraction routine to work properly with new encoder.
Thanks to everyone on the forums who helped with this, especially DWells55 in this post:
- [CHANGED] Removed SSE encoder options since the AAC encoder automatically detects this condition.
- [CHANGED] Enforced a “temp” directory if a user selects the root of a drive for a scratch folder.
Thanks to RadioHowie from the forums for this report.
- [CHANGED] Convert Folder UI now properly enables the Start button once a valid folder is selected.
Thanks to Dangelus and RadioHowie from the forums for investigating.
Version Revision 32
- Release Date: Aug 25, 2008
- [2008-08-24: REVISION 33 - "Delicious Cake"]
- [FIXED] Conversions from strings to doubles should now be more appropriate. Bug 2071837.
- [FIXED] Changed UI control text in XML file to ‘log all tool output’.
- [ADDED] More information displayed when the video pixel aspect ratio (PAR) is rounded up or down.
- [ADDED] Custom display aspect ratio selector for files. Feature req 2072032.
- [FIXED] Fixed pixel aspect ratio rounding code to be more effective and less likely to round inappropriately.
- [FIXED] Manual track selection is much improved and should now always pick the correct codec string. Bug 2072083.
- [ADDED] A_MS/ACM untagged audio is now recognized as MP3, which appears to be the most common format for this type. Feature req 2072095.
- [FIXED] Audio and video tracks set to -1 will not display a message if an operation is cancelled.
- [ADDED] Video dimensions now logged for troubleshooting purposes.
- [FIXED] Clarified display aspect ratio versus frame size/video aspect ratio. (Read this post for details: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic174200.html)
- [FIXED] Allow Network Path now set as default setting and box appears checked on application reload if set.
- [FIXED] Updated Web URL and 404 error support in Help > Check for Update.
- [FIXED] Some string updates to english.xml.
Version Revision 31
- Release Date: Jul 22, 2008
- [2008-07-22: REVISION 32 - "The Arrow"]
- [ADDED] Additional logging for each process that is threaded off.
- [FIXED] mp4box version 0.4.5/April build now displays a proper launch message.
- [ADDED] A_MPEG/L3 file support added with an ".mp3" file extension.
- [ADDED] Error handling for aspect ratio parsing process ("divide by zero" error.)
- [FIXED] Added default FPS insertion in the event the FPS could not be parsed.
- [FIXED] Changed handling of track identifiers. Tracks are now globally managed.
- [FIXED] Video codec is now detected properly when track selection dialog box appears.
- [ADDED] Check for update option in Help > Check for Update.
Version Revision 29
- Release Date: Jul 7, 2008
- [2008-07-06: REVISION 31 - "Jump to Conclusions"]
- [CHANGED] "Show all tool output" option now logs output, causing the
UI to remain responsive even during chatty tool sessions.
- [FIXED] mp4box 0.4.4 fallback now should not cause an infinite loop
- [ADDED] mp4box output method: can output to scratch folder, then move;
or output directly to destination folder.
- [ADDED] mkvmerge now supports safe synchronization option to correct
for potential audio/video desynchronization.
- [2008-07-02: REVISION 30 - "Boiler Room"]
- [ADDED] More logging details for mp4box to assist in debugging.
mp4box progress is now logged to log_output.txt.
- [FIXED] Some code in the Options dialog that would cause settings
to be saved that were inaccurate.
- [ADDED] Fallback mode to mp4box version 0.4.4 upon failure.
Version Revision 28
- Release Date: Jun 30, 2008
- [2008-06-29: REVISION 29 - "Hot Beans"]
- [FIXED] 4/3 aspect ratio bug - 4:3 files are now processed with an aspect ratio of 1.333.
- [ADDED] Option to round up pixel aspect ratios to 1:1 if within 98% tolerance. This should provide better compatibility for videos with a 2.35 aspect ratio. This setting is on by default.
- [FIXED] mp4box now directly outputs files to the final directory. This eliminates the need for the file move process and should provide a workaround for anyone experiencing a FileNotFoundException. As a result, the Move Output File option has been disabled from view since it no longer has any effect.
Version Revision 27
- Release Date: Jun 27, 2008
- [2008-06-27: REVISION 28 - "Infinite Limit"]
- [FIXED] Exception occurring preventing conversion of files with AC3 audio.
This version should actually work for most people. Apologies to all who
slit their wrists, took some pills, drowned themselves in bathtubs…
or gave up all hope and listened to My Chemical Romance because of this.
- [ADDED] Even more debugging information. All builds now display global
Exception messages, which should help in tracking down any remaining
- [ADDED] Option to directly read files or folders on UNC network paths.
Scratch folders must still be local to the current system. Keep in
mind that the entire file will be read off the network, so this will
be a much slower process if you’re not on a Gigabit setup. This is
more of a convenience thing for testing and smaller (<1GB) files.
Version Revision 26
- Release Date: Jun 22, 2008
- [2008-06-21: REVISION 27 - "Big Kahuna"]
- [ADDED] Azid normalization options now present for AC3 downmixing.
- [ADDED] Option to avoid moving output file from the temporary folder. This should temporarily solve people’s issues with FileNotFoundException messages - just uncheck the “Move Output File” box from the Tools menu.
This probably won’t be too useful with split files, but be aware that I’m still looking into this.
- [ADDED] MKV compatibility checker. Will determine if your file is
definitely out of specification for the Xbox 360 and alert you that it may not play properly. These types of files require re-encoding.
- [ADDED] Additional debugging capabilities for people experiencing
FileNotFoundException messages. This should help me track down this pesky bug. I suspect it has something to do with scratch folders but need more reports in order to take care of it.
Version Revision 25
- Release Date: Jun 16, 2008
- [2008-06-15: REVISION 26 - "Fancy Feast"]
- [FIXED] mp4box updated build download option now functional.
- [FIXED] Various fixes by BillRob458 from the forums. Bill is now an official developer on this project and has fixed a “hanging” issue reported in this thread: http://mkv.jakebillo.com/forum/index.php/topic,76.0.html
- [CHANGED] Some more UI changes around tooltips.
- Release Date: May 25, 2008
- [FIXED] Major glitch in which file move operations failed. I'm
honestly ashamed that this wasn't tracked down sooner, but it's
fairly critical and has since been resolved.
- [FIXED] Nero AAC Encoder download now properly handles the case where
Nero's FTP site is inaccessible.
- [CHANGED] Moved mp4box build option to Tools tab.
- [REMOVED] Debug tab from Options dialog.
- [CHANGED] Moved "Delete Temporary Files" option from Debug menu to
- [REMOVED] Debug menu no longer required.
- [ADDED] Added mediainfo component to application.
- [ADDED] Support for aspect ratio detection and correction. A new
message in the logfile will appear with this information.
- [FIXED] Some log messages now display the proper icon (wait, complete.)