This is the version history page for WM Capture. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 8.8.5 (Dec 29, 2017)
- Version 8.8.3 (Mar 29, 2017)
- Version 8.8.2 (Jan 24, 2017)
- Version 8.6.2 (Jul 9, 2016)
- Version 8.6.1 (Jul 6, 2016)
- Version 8.5.3 (Jun 2, 2016)
- Version 8.6 (May 14, 2016)
- Version 8.4.2 (Feb 12, 2016)
- Version 8.4.1 (Feb 6, 2016)
- Version 8.4 (Jan 21, 2016)
- Version 8.3.2 (Nov 12, 2015)
- Version 8.3 (Nov 4, 2015)
- Version 8.2.1 (Oct 14, 2015)
- Version 8.2 (Oct 1, 2015)
- Version 7.4 (Jun 22, 2014)
- Version 7.2 (Dec 4, 2013)
- Version 6.2.2 (Jun 18, 2013)
- Version 6.2 (May 25, 2013)
- Version 6.1 (Jan 9, 2013)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Oct 12, 2012)
- Version 6.0.4 (May 3, 2012)
- Version 6.0.3 (Apr 11, 2012)
- Version 6.0.2 (Mar 18, 2012)
- Version 6.0.1 (Mar 6, 2012)
- Version 5.4.1 (Sep 27, 2011)
- Version 5.0 (Mar 17, 2011)
- Version 4.0 (May 25, 2009)
- Version 3.0 (Aug 7, 2008)
- Version 2.0 (Jun 21, 2008)
- Release Date: Dec 29, 2017
- Added 2 to 1 conversion
- Bug fix when creating editable h264 file
- Release Date: Mar 29, 2017
- Fixes a problem when using the “Show Cursor” option.
- Release Date: Jan 24, 2017
- Significantly lower CPU loading in Preview mode
- Improved audio volume boost for recordings
- Improved monitor scaling
- Use different stop recording times for normal and scheduled recordings
- Fixed a bug preventing installation on non-administrator Windows accounts
- Fixed scheduler crash in File-View window
- Fixed recording multiple scheduled recordings in background mode
- Fixed browser selection for background mode
- Fixed bug when selecting default media player for recordings
- Release Date: Jul 9, 2016
- Fixed “Cannot register DirectShow files” error message on XP computers
- Fixed registration error when Thumb mode is used
- Release Date: Jul 6, 2016
- Bug fix – Windows basic theme not set on Windows 7 when second monitor is selected
- Added backup registration
- Release Date: Jun 2, 2016
- Temporary downgrade due to install issues
- Release Date: May 14, 2016
- Release Date: Feb 12, 2016
- Fixes automatic conversion to H264 (MP4).
- Release Date: Feb 6, 2016
- Monitor scaling for Windows 7
- Monitor resolution detection and auto rescaling
- Schedule multiple recordings
- Open scheduler at startup
- MP4 recording bitrates
- Auto UI rescaling at startup
- Release Date: Jan 21, 2016
- Added real time preview and picture in picture
- Added automatic scaling for secondary monitors
- Added option to stop UI rescaling at startup
- Bugs fixed: schedule multiple recordings, minimized UI, few other minor bugs
- Release Date: Nov 12, 2015
- Fixed scheduling bug
- Other minor bug fixes
- Release Date: Nov 4, 2015
- Added UI scaling necessary for high resolution displays.
- Bug fixes.
- Release Date: Oct 14, 2015
- Added version detection.
- Fixed a problem with Windows Media 9 screen not able to record higher frame rates on 1080 screens.
- Added tooltips to buttons in UI.
- Release Date: Oct 1, 2015
- Game recording: This update adds features that makes recording games in top quality easier than ever using hot keys and borderless window recording (see below).
- Hot keys: These handy shortcuts are now enabled at all times. Use Alt+A to start/stop recording, Alt+S to pause/restart, Alt+D to mute/unmute the microphone.
- Borderless window recording: This useful when recording games that do not provide a borderless window. Just the game contents are recorded without annoying borders or caption bars.
- Super high frame rates: Capture all the action detail with frame rates as high as 100 fps.
- Smaller webinar recordings: Our new Windows Media Screen codec makes smaller recordings, with bit rates as low as 2 MB per minute.
- Improved webinar audio: The new Dual Audio recording feature avoids disturbing echo feedback between speakers and the microphone. A mute/unmute hot key and button are included.
- New User Interface. And choose between smaller or larger UI.
- Added Windows Media Screen codec for recording low motion screens like webinars and documents.
- Dual audio can now be used with any format.
- Background mode improved. Can now be enabled/disabled from the main window. No longer requires a restart.
- Check recording (perform multiple recording test for settings up frame rates, bitrate, window size, etc without recording multiple files).
- And more!
- Release Date: Jun 22, 2014
- Added Virtual-Audio driver as a supplement to the Sound-Capture
- Added WM Browser for Background mode
- Added a warning message for BCK mode
- Reload.exe does not pop-up automatically on errors
- Now elevated (as administrator) only on administrator accounts. It runs without elevation on regular user accounts (does not require admin. password)
- Removed (discontinued) the Universal Driver which only worked on XP.
- Misc bug fixes
- Release Date: Dec 4, 2013
- Added "thumb mode". Allows operation from a flash drive
- Now includes WM Converter Lite
- Release Date: Jun 18, 2013
- Fixes compatibility issue with latest WM Converter
- Release Date: May 25, 2013
- Improved operation on Windows 8 (desktop mode)
- Compatible with Windows 8 tablets (Surface Pro)
- Improved Background mode
- Improved recording for high definition videos
- Improved automatic video detection
- Bug fixes
- Release Date: Jan 9, 2013
- Updated installer for Windows 8 store compatibility. No changes to features or program files.
- Release Date: Oct 12, 2012
- New background recording mode
- Release Date: May 3, 2012
- Minor user interface change
- Release Date: Apr 11, 2012
- Fixed audio sync for large recordings
- High Definition videos can now be recorded in HD
- WM Capture can be installed and operated entirely from external drives
- Keep Alive feature prevents the computer from sleeping while recording is in process
- Fixed frame rate setup to 1 frame / secon
- Release Date: Mar 18, 2012
- Fixed a bug when using a second monitor
- Release Date: Mar 6, 2012
- Automatic video window detection
- Improved motion fluency and audio lip sync
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Windows Media recordings from being paused
- Introduced ability to automatically change the Windows theme to basic for better performance. The user’s theme is restored when WM Capture closes.
- Introduced “keep alive” feature to prevent the computer from sleeping or hibernating while recording.
- New window area marking methods.
- Fixed Scheduler corrupted files
- fixed Universal Audio Driver issues
- Other various bug fixes.
- Release Date: Sep 27, 2011
- Fixed seek bar on MPEG-2 recordings
- Release Date: Mar 17, 2011
- Record from a second monitor. WM Capture now support dual monitor setups.
- Image capture. The new camera button takes a snapshot of a video frame
- DVD ready videos. You can now record videos in DVD format ready to be burned on disc. This eliminates hours of conversion or transcoding.
- Scheduled recordings. Video recordings can now be scheduled. WM Capture remembers your screen coordinates along with the start/end times of recording.
- Dual audio recording. Two audio sources can be simultaneously recorded. For example, you can record your voice over a video with audio track.
- Improved video quality. The new "Best Performance" option allows video frames rates up to 50 frames per second. This is particularly important when recording in DVD format.
- More video codecs and video formats. MPEG-4 and DVD codecs can now be used as default video formats along with MPEG-2 and Windows Media. AVI files can now be created besides the MPG and WMV. WM Capture can also use other video codecs already installed in your computer (ffdshow, DivX, Xvid, h264, FLV). The recorded video format is AVI.
- Pause is now available for all video formats.
- File sizes larger than 4 GB are displayed correctly
- Use of program on non-administrative acc
- Release Date: May 25, 2009
- Added check of surround/quadraphonic/sample rates above 48000 for Vista only.
- Added Universal Audio Driver audio recording mode on Vista (was available on XP only). Works better now and can be used on many web sites.
- Added option to open Internet Explorer in Settings. This helps Universal Audio Driver to initialize the audio capture.
- Improved "Top Window" feature (windows larger than 1/2 the screen area are not topped).
- Eliminated the need to set administrator rights or disable User Account Control in Windows.
- Release Date: Aug 7, 2008
- Added Vista Audio Recording audio option.
- Improved Universal Audio Driver, including manual synchronzation options.
- Removed "Pause" mode when Windows Media Player format is used. Pause is only available for MPEG.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Release Date: Jun 21, 2008