This is the version history page for VideoSpec. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 0.9.8 (Jan 18, 2014)
- Version 0.9.7 (Feb 4, 2013)
- Version 0.9.6 (Apr 24, 2012)
- Version 0.9.5 (Apr 22, 2012)
- Version 0.9.4 (Jan 26, 2012)
- Version 0.9.3 (Jan 7, 2012)
- Version 0.9.2 (Dec 3, 2011)
- Version 0.9.1 (Nov 3, 2011)
- Version 0.9.0 (Oct 25, 2011)
- Version 0.8.7a (Apr 2, 2011)
- Version 0.8.7 (Mar 30, 2011)
- Version 0.8.6 (Mar 16, 2011)
- Version 0.8.5 (Feb 20, 2011)
- Version 0.8.2 (Nov 24, 2009)
- Version 0.8.1 (Oct 15, 2009)
- Version 0.8.0 (Sep 28, 2009)
- Version 0.7.5 (Apr 7, 2009)
- Version 0.7.0 (Nov 27, 2008)
- Version 0.6.6 (Jul 30, 2008)
- Version 0.6.5a (Jun 28, 2008)
- Version 0.6.5 (Jun 22, 2008)
- Version 0.6.2 (May 13, 2008)
- Version 0.6.1 (Mar 23, 2008)
- Version 0.6.0 (Mar 6, 2008)
- Version 0.5.7 (Oct 26, 2007)
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2014
- Last update of VideoSpec. Its development is now definitively stopped! MediaInfo CLI (v0.7.66) and ffprobe (N-58857-ge8ac905) tools updated. Several bugs fixed. Bitrate Pro import removed (bug on Mavericks).
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2013
- Please put the preference file "com.houdini.VideoSpec.plist" located in ~/Library/Preferences to the trash (Alt + Go menu in Lion).
- New height and width calculators ("Height" and "Width" tabs in icon "Tools"). MediaInfo CLI (v0.7.60), ffprobe (git-N-47321-gdaede25) and mplayer (SVN-r35541) tools updated.
- Bug fixed in multiple analysis reports.
- Bug fixed for compatibility between DV formats and mplayer visualization.
- Images added in VideoSpec Help (icons).
- Bug fixed in audio stream analysis for some Bluray.
- Updated compatibility results with latest Apple hardware (iPad and AppleTV2 3-4, iPod Touch, iPod nano).
- Release Date: Apr 24, 2012
- Maintenance update. Bug when quitting through 'Quit VideoSpec' (Cmd+Q) fixed (Thanks to VoronoV for betatesting).
- Release Date: Apr 22, 2012
- New Aspect Ratio calculator (Tools icon). MediaInfo CLI (v0.7.5.4), ffprobe ffprobe (git-N-38484-gf83687b) and MPlayer (SVN-r34811-4.0.1) tools updated. Possibility to further reduce analysis window and columns width for small screens. Column widths stored in preferences ("Complete" and "Expert" display views). Value in timecode calculator selection menu stored at closing. Preference to disable compatibility analysis. New formats recognized by VLC 2.0.0 updated in compatibility panel. Bug in audio bitrate for mpeg ts files with AC-3 track fixed. Line truncation bug fixed in "Expert (MediaInfo)" presentation. Recognition of Flash Video files f4v fixed. Compatibility of Apple Motion JPEG-A files fixed.
- Release Date: Jan 26, 2012
- Please put the preference file "com.houdini.VideoSpec.plist" located in ~/Library/Preferences to the trash (Alt + Go menu in Leon). New "Expert" display view (MediaInfo CLI output). ffprobe (git-N-36822-g52889b5) and MPlayer (SVN-r34573-4.0.1) tools updated. Lines with undefined results are no more shown in multiple analysis display view.
- Release Date: Jan 7, 2012
- Happy New Year! New icon (thanks to Velichko Karakostov). ffprobe (git-N-35305 g77af267) used instead of ffmpeg. Update MediaInfo CLI (v0.7.52). Preference for automatic updates checking. DAR and PAR managed first by MediaInfo then ffprobe. G.722, GSM, Ogg audio, 1 audio QDesign Music, Nintendo DPG formats recognized. Better management of DV in MXF container. Fixed bugs in FourCC audio for multi-audio files. Additional "Fast Start" field in General category (streaming). Tool tips in simple display view.
- Release Date: Dec 3, 2011
- MediaInfo CLI updated (v0.7.51). Various bugs fixed in mpeg analysis. Recognition of Playstation Portable Media container. Fields with undefined results are no more shown in full display view (single analysis). VLC can be used instead of mplayer for media previewing (VLC must be installed). Detailed profiles for DTS. Italian localization (thanks to Alex Masolin!).
- Release Date: Nov 3, 2011
- Bugs fixed in warning windows. Values input in timecode calculator only through the GUI. Bug fixed when opening timecode calculator through Window menu or toolbar icon.
- Release Date: Oct 25, 2011
- Timecode Calculator/Converter.
- MediaInfo (v. 0.7.50), ffmpeg (v.N-32839-g9569a3c) and mplayer (SVN-r34129) tools updated.
- New icon thanks to Paul W.
- Report backup in XML format (single and complete).
- Sparkle used for future updates.
- Compatibility infos updated for Perian 1.2.2 (WebM and ffv1).
- Panasonic AVCCAM importer component added.
- Window "Tools" renamed "Compatibility".
- Bugs fixed for several captions in simple view and report.
- Various bugs fixed in simple view, additional audio parameters (thanks Peter), at startup without Internet connection (thanks Geoprof), in reports preferences storing, and in the correspondence between preferences (filter) and reports.
- Open state of secondary windows and preferences tabs stored.
- Toolbar is no longer editable (bug in Snow Leopard).
- Spinning wheel moved in the lower right and only visible during analysis.
- Release Date: Apr 2, 2011
- bug fixed in BitratePro import menu.
- Release Date: Mar 30, 2011
- Report backup in csv format (multiple analysis only).Default report setting in Preferences. Chroma subsampling parameter provided by MediaInfo. MediaInfo CLI tool updated (v0.7.43). Better management of XDCAM EX. Discrete Cosine and AVC-Intra (MCF 7) components added.
- Release Date: Mar 16, 2011
- Independent "Tools" and "Bitrate Pro" windows to fix resizing problem on 13" screen and smaller. Bug fixed in complete display view preferences. Preference added for system of units (binary or decimal). MediaInfo (v. 0.7.41), ffmpeg (git-52b3cc6) and mplayer (SVN-r32973) tools updated. Bugs fixed in display view switching.
- Release Date: Feb 20, 2011
- Mac Intel version only! Simplified display view added. New redesigned preferences window. MediaInfo (v. 0.7.38), ffmpeg (SVN-r25689) and mplayer (SVN-r32598) tools updated. Multimedia file size and duration provided by MediaInfo. All audio tracks displayed (full presentation). Bugs fixed in Tools menu for compatibility with Matroska files. QuickTime 7.6 modules completed and detailed (Calibrated, CineForm, AJA, Phantom Cine). Detailed response for alternative viewers. Complete review of QuickTime 7.6 compatibility and alternatives viewers. Hardware compatibility simplified based only on Apple specifications.
- Release Date: Nov 24, 2009
- MediaInfo (v. 0.7.24), ffmpeg (SVN-r20440) and mplayer (SVN-r29815) tools updated. Bugs fixed for compatibility with Snow Leopard. Contextual menu added in Finder ("Open with" command). New file formats of Final Cut Pro 6 added. Detailed Ogg Vorbis formats. Report backup in html format added. Compatibility with iPod/iPhone/AppleTV devices in case of direct copy. Bugs fixed in display and data rate selection menu of Bitrate Pro.
- Release Date: Oct 15, 2009
- Bugs fixed in audio preferences and (Thanks Treadman!). Additional audio paramaters added for AAC and Ogg Vorbis formats
- Release Date: Sep 28, 2009
- Leopard-compatible version and probably Tiger (untested).
- Interface reorganisation (single analysis in one column, sidebar
- MediaInfo (v. 0.7.21), ffmpeg (SVN-r18770) and
mplayer (SVN-r29275) tools updated.
- Use of AtomicParsley to evaluate
compatibility with iPod/iPhone/AppleTV.
- Update of Bitrate Pro (v.
- Up to five audio tracks taking into account for single file
- File compatibility information with iPod/iPhone/AppleTV.
- Preferences taking into account in case of single analysis.
position of main window saved.
- Units changed (KiB, MiB...).
- New ProRes
codec in Final Cut Pro added.
- Bug fixed in language (audio track).
- Modified shortcuts to avoid conflicts with Spaces.
- Release Date: Apr 7, 2009
- This version is only compatible with Leopard (Mac OS 10.5). Bitrate Pro integration in VideoSpec. Apple style toolbar ;-). Better handling of window switching. "Save Report" command in File menu simplified. Update of MediaInfo CLI (v. 0.7.12). Preview bug fixed. Minimum and maximum frame rate added in case of variable frame rate.
- Release Date: Nov 27, 2008
- Multiple analysis of files in a dedicated window. Update of analysis tools (MediaInfo CLI, ffmepg and mplayer). Better handling of On2 and 3GPP containers. Possible resizing of main window. Warning: printing is no more available.
- Release Date: Jul 30, 2008
- Update of MediaInfo CLI (v. 0.7.7.3) tool. "Copy" shortcut in "Edit" menu allowing to copy directly field infos. More precise handling of DV; HDV; DVCPRO (DVCPRO50 and DVCPRO HD). Handling of .mod files corrected. Additional QuickTime components handling (Calibrated MXF, 3ivx MPEG-4 5.0.2). Bugs correction in report analysis windows.
- Release Date: Jun 28, 2008
- Specific version completely fonctional on G3 PowerPC (UB version partially fonctional on G3 because of no taking into account the absence of Altivec in analysis tools compilation).
- Release Date: Jun 22, 2008
- New tabview "Miscellaneous" gathering subtitle(s) and metadata infos (ID3 tags). Several QuickTime components added (SheerVideo, Gluetools DPX/Cineon...). Preference window added for fields printing choice. Keyboard shortcuts in the Window menu. Installation status of displayed QT component.
- Release Date: May 13, 2008
- AppleScript code rewriting.
- Update of analysis tools.
- Bugs correction in subtitles handling. DVB subtitles indication.
- New field additions (Video and Audio stream sizes; Audio and Video encoding libraries). Bits/(Pixel*Frame) ratio indication in video additional parameters.
- Release Date: Mar 23, 2008
- Bugs correction during analysis report backup.
- Analysis report printing.
- Detailed AVID files management and addition of corresponding AVID QuickTime plugins.
- Release Date: Mar 6, 2008
- Update of analysis tools. mpgtx is no more used.
- Two files comparison and analysis report backup in a text file for further use.
New fields added (encoding library; video and audio encoding profiles; pixel aspect ratio; video additional parameters ; audio channel(s) position).
- Improvement of the QuickTime plugin database.
- Release Date: Oct 26, 2007
- a new compiled version of mplayer is used owing to a (big) bug on intel Mac linked to a dependency problem.
- Video track resolution added.