This is the version history page for VidToDisc. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
Version 1.2 Hotfix
- Release Date: Jan 23, 2010
- UPDATE: 2010/01/22 I FOUND A BUG WITH THE FILE CAPTURE!
- Release Date: Jan 22, 2010
- improving and correcting the capture and the process workflows (non modal capture, final audio synchro, file merging speed, conversion tools improvements...)
- adding a new software video deshaking feature! To summarize, it will give a near pro look to your hand-held videos!
- ensuring Windows Seven compatibility (tested on a 64 bits version).
Version 1.0 (20090116)
- Release Date: Jun 26, 2009
- the software gets now a new "camera files capture" capability. Its first goal is to allow the input of video files from digital cameras.
- the software gets an help boxes mechanism, with preview, for all filters (Replace, Effect, and Transition). This is a "plugins" system ; for instance, if the plugin library (dll) for a given Effect filter is present, you will get an help box when double-clicking in a the "Arguments" column cell in the Effects grid for a clip. I think it greatly helps the filters use and may encourage their development (see the article How to develop a filter help box).
Version 1.0 (20081228)
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2009
- + Edit grid: adding the missing Effect column tooltip.
- - Effect column: a text without a trailing comma (effect with no argument) issued an exception. Corrected.
- - Replace, Effect and Transition boxes: the unknown filters were discarded and replaced by a default one. Corrected: the filter is added to the list.
- - Transition box: Erasing the current filter, will now default to "Dissolve" filter, like expected.
- - Boxes with grid(s): Last edited row was discarded when clicking on the "OK" button. The line is now correctly saved.
- - The filters list available in filters boxes were cleaned and completed.
- - Effect function VID_Pixellate: correction of a bug when tile size value leads to a bad resize.
- - Effect functions VID_BlackAndWhite and VID_Sepia: correction with a color matrix problem.
- + Effect function VID_SteadyNightSky: new filter that freezes crawling dots when the gain is high.
- + Effect function VID_CorrectColors: new filter that corrects a wrong white balance.
- - Vid2Disc: its "Setting" box now closes with an "OK" button (instead of "Quit").
- - The french title of the edit group box has a missing acute accent (!)
- Release Date: Dec 29, 2008
- Problem after installation with VirtualDub (allow to see clips when hitting the "Play" button): the default executable name was wrong (I left there "VirtualDubMod.exe" as default, a VirtualDub fork I previously used). It is now "VirtualDub.exe" as expected. I also tested installation at a non-default directory and it worked well.
- Misleading "Quit" button labels: on various boxes the "Quit" button is changed into "OK", otherwise the user could think he is closing the application using the button.
- Application crash corrected when Playing/Viewing script on the "empty" clip row (before any capture occured).
- Release Date: Dec 20, 2008