This is the version history page for Variable Framerate Rx, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 220.127.116.113 (May 24, 2009)
- Version 18.104.22.1680 (May 21, 2009)
- Version 22.214.171.1246 (Mar 27, 2009)
- Version 126.96.36.1999 (Mar 9, 2009)
- Version 188.8.131.525 (Mar 6, 2009)
- Version 184.108.40.2063 (Mar 5, 2009)
- Version 220.127.116.111 (Mar 3, 2009)
- Version 1.9.2008.1210 (Dec 11, 2008)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Nov 20, 2008)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Sep 8, 2008)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Aug 21, 2008)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Aug 17, 2008)
- Version 1.2.08.0809 (Aug 9, 2008)
- Version 1.2.08.0808 (Aug 9, 2008)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Aug 6, 2008)
- Release Date: May 24, 2009
- Added a 'Reset Filter' utility because of the ongoing random issues with all codecs where blocky and blurry areas
appear in the rendered output. Deblocking commands were useless. A possible cause is the framecount attribute
in DirectShowSource which seems to trigger the problem. The new utility runs a sample render job to reset the filter
used by DirectShowSource. It is usually successful but must be used again if blocky output occurs.
- Release Date: May 21, 2009
- Fixed intermittant refusal to run for jobs with a short duration.
- Added job wait for file system to update before proceeding - required on faster systems.
- Added job wait for AviSynth and DirectShowSource to startup before proceeding. If they do not start, the job aborts.
- Added a commented out 'DeBlock' command to all AviSynth scripts. This seems to fix the blocks and blurs that randomly occurred with all MPEG-2 decoders. It does require a plugin download for AviSynth - the url is in the script.
- Added shutdown dialog which allows 30 seconds for the user to cancel the shutdown.
- Release Date: Mar 27, 2009
- Fixed bug that caused finish time to be displayed at the start of a run. Cleared out job finish time property before run.
- Fixed frame count calculation bug that prevented proper conversion of videos to CFR.
- Added entry of video and audio duration to ensure correct frame count. Updated serialization of jobs - old jobs will not import correctly.
- Increased DirectShowSource timeout value to 60000 ms.
- UI fixes.
- Release Date: Mar 9, 2009
- Fixed Preferences menu item which was disabled at startup.
- Added caption to BrowseFolderDialog when selecting the Avidemux folder.
- Changed caption of JobDialog group to 'Select Avidemux Script'.
- Fixed JobDialog exit bug that caused OK to exit with invalid values, and cancel to not exit.
- Fixed bug that prevented job start and end times from being updated after a run and loading at startup.
- Updated methods so that any changes are auto-saved to the config file.
- Release Date: Mar 6, 2009
- Release Date: Mar 5, 2009
- Commented out App.Exit in generated Avidemux script that caused jobs to hang.
- Fixed ShutdownAfterRun indicator on main form so that it displays the actual option state.
- Release Date: Mar 3, 2009
- Added detection of video framerate. The displayed video duration from 'Auto Detect' is adjusted to match the user selected framerate because Avidemux defaults to 29.970 if it cannot detect the framerate.
- Set job default framerate to 23.976 when a new job object is created.
- Fixed bug that prevented saving as a Matroska container. Matroska is now the default ouput container selection.
- Added Preview to Avisynth script edit dialog which will run the script.
- Added media player field for previewing video served by Avisynth.
- Added Preferences dialog.
- Moved path settings to File > Preferences menu.
- Added save of config data after adding or editing a job.
- Added check for avidemux and media player files at startup.
- Changed to New BSD license.
- Release Date: Dec 11, 2008
- Fixed AutoDetect video duration bug that caused infinite hang.
- Fixed Audio duration bug that prevented addition of jobs.
- Added Pal Deinterlace option to basic filters.
- Added right-click context menu for jobs.
- Release Date: Nov 20, 2008
- Renamed X264 codec preset options to 'Best', 'Quality', and 'Archival'.
- Added 'Improve Output Quality' to x264 Dialog and its' config xml and methods. This enables higher quality encoding but is somewhat slower.
- Recoded filters dialog resize presets, so that width is calculated from the selection instead of using hardcoded values.
- Added AutoDetect to Video Duration section of JobDialog. This optional feature runs Avidemux to index the video file and return the duration. NOTE this may take several minutes depending on the size of the video. Fortunately, this only needs to be performed once, so the user has the option of doing it here or during batch processing.
- Changed Deinterlace video filter serialization values and UI selection control. Saved jobs should be executed before upgrading to this version.
- Updated video file types in OpenFileDialog.
- Release Date: Sep 8, 2008
- Updated OpenDialog file filters so that only AVI and MPEG files ("*.m*", "*.vob") appear.
- Added menu shortcuts.
- Added wait until script files exist before proceeding to next processing step.
- Added 'Failed' to job status enums.
- When a job run has output file size less than 512 bytes per frame, its' status will be 'Failed'.
- Added SD and HD presets for X.264 Ratefactor.
- Added 'Blend' option to basic filters > deinterlace. Updated config serialization to support the change.
- Updated FormatVideoFilters method to support Deinterlace Blend option.
- Changed text for basic filters > deinterlace > 'Source is from NTSC DVD' option to 'NTSC DVD Source'.
- Added verify avidemux path at startup and every time that DoJob() is called.
- Seperated GUI from internal methods.
- Release Date: Aug 21, 2008
- Updated filters dialog to clarify that a source dvd is an NTSC dvd.
- Added statusbar which indicates when 'Shutdown After Run' is enabled.
- Fixed a bug that enabled job buttons when an empty row in the jobs list was clicked.
- After adding a job, it is the selected job on the main form.
- Enhanced resizing logic of main form when jobs columns are resized.
- Release Date: Aug 17, 2008
- Switched Avidemux processing from command line to scripting, allowing many new options.
- Changed the list of available codecs, filters, and containers.
- Improved configuration options and new dialogs for filters and codecs.
- Added check for Avidemux app when setting folder location.
- Added editing of AviSynth script.
- Added override of filters with custom Avidemux scripting.
- Status of job now shown in UI. Ability to cancel during job run added.
- Added additional helper classes and updated some existing filed names and form labels.
- Release Date: Aug 9, 2008
- Fixed critical bug that prevented Avidemux from running some jobs. Fixed tab order for controls on Job dialog.
- Release Date: Aug 9, 2008
- Added batch capability. Added support for a few Crop, Resize, and Deinterlace filters. Bug fixes.
- Release Date: Aug 6, 2008