This is the version history page for Subtitle Editor. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Jun 26, 2015
- Fix bug #23508 : Make the preference dialog a bit wider. Remove deprecated widgets
- Fix bug #23508 : Make the preference dialog a bit wider, wrap text
- Fix bug #23502 : Allow display of subtitles elsewhere but at the bottom
- Fix bug #22657 : Please install the supplied AppData file
- Fix bug #20214 : Checking CPS is named "Display time" (Patch by Tomáš Hnyk)
- Fix bug #23470 : Style editor does not permit margins to go over 100 and other problems
- Fix bug #23521 : Videos, waveform and keyframe files drag'n'dropped do not show up in recently opened
- Fix bug #23569 : Cursor cannot be moved with mouse when editing subtitles
- Fix bug #23622 : Make autosave setting in preferences work and other improvements. (Patch by Tomáš Hnyk)
- Fix bug #23529 : Impossible to change styles of several subtitles at once
- Fix bug #23588 : Name Subtitle Editor project files something else but name.xml
- Fix bug #23656 : String "wavefrom" (inted of "waveform") in some locations
- Fix bug #23660 : Keyboard shortcuts window is to small by default. (Patch by Tomáš Hnyk)
- Fix bug #23470 : Style editor does not permit margins to go over 100 and other problems. (Patch by Tomáš Hnyk)
- Release Date: Apr 19, 2015
- Fix bug #23148 : Default to video file name when saving new subtitles
- Fix bug #23148 : Create new untilted name with extension
- Fix bug #20672 : Automatically put the extension when saving a project file
- Fix bug #22476 : Remember video and waveform window size
- Fix bug #23476 : Allow configuring the delay for external player, add #time and #mseconds
- Fix bug #23476 : Add preference close button
- Fix bug #20170 : "Video"/"Timing from player" with an offset
- Fix bug #23486 : Remember window size
- Fix bug #23486 : Remember window size, work with gtkmm 3.10 and 3.12
- Fix bug #20170 : "Video"/"Timing from player" with an offset - only if playing
- Fix bug #23317 : Character & messes up subtitle preview
- Fix bug #23471 : Problems when saving into ASS - rename Actor with Name
- Fix bug #23471 : Problems when saving into ASS - Save PlayResX/Y from screen resolution
- Fix missing comboboxtextcolumns.h file
- Release Date: Apr 12, 2015
- Port to gtk3 (gtkmm-3.0 >= 3.0)
- Port to gstreamer 1.0 (gstreamermm-1.0 >= 1.0)
- Introduce new subtitle format Avid DS. Patch by Tomas Partl .
- Introduce appdata file from Ankur Sinha (Fedora Maintainer).
- Fix typo. Patch by Pete Beardmore.
- Re-enable focus on entries. Patch by Pete Beardmore.
- Extend regex remplacement using submatches. Patch by Pete Beardmore.
- Fix segfault when we delete subtitle using find and replace (Original patch by Pete Beardmore)
- Fix bug #22009 : Split subtitle file.
- Fix bug #22406 : Bugs with GTk3 port (seeking by single frame).
- Fix bug #22406 : Bugs with GTk3 port (Generating waveform does not work).
- Fix bug #20557 : When working with subtitleeditor project, external player does not load it
- Fix bug #22472 : Recent keyfroms files.
- Fix bug #22471 : Drag and drop of keyframe and waveform files.
- Fix bug #22490 : GTK3: view manager is useless.
- Fix bug #22494 : Find and replace sohuld focus the "Pattern" filed when launche.
- Fix bug #22857 : bug #23018 patch from Philip Rinn and oi_wtf.
- Fix bug #22550 : Default saving mode defaults to plain text after importing a .txt script
- Fix bug #22508 : Use (at least optionaly) relative paths in subtitle editor xml files (and optionally ass and ssa?).
- Fix bug #22492 : Crash when trying to open external player preferences.
- Fix bug #22488 : Regression in spellchecker.
- Fix bug #22493 : Move subtitles disallows moves by not multiplies of 0,100s.
- Fix bug #22482 : Another regression of gtk3 port (waveform issue).
- Fix bug #23151 : Using best fit subtitles on zero-length subtitles crashes subtitleeditor
- Fix bug #22489 : Text correction does not remember which corrections to apply.
- Fix bug #22489 : Text correction - ability to double click to swith enable status.
- Fix bug #22489 : Text correction - save the config, on close, save and cancel.
- Fix bug #23160 : Configure keyboard shortcuts does not fit hte window well.
- Fix bug #23456 : GTK3 regression: add or remove encoding dialog is broken.
- Update es.po translation by Bas basiliscoazu
- Release Date: Aug 4, 2013
- Fix bug #19700 : Add "select none" to Selection menu.
- Fix bug #19629 : Requirements have changed. gstreamermm >= 0.10.6.
- Fix bug #20529 : No way to close a waveform.
- Fix bug #19590 : Allow drag and drop of video files.
- Fix bug #20074 : Scene cut based keyframe detection. Patch by Martin Doucha.
- Fix bug #19709 : In glib-2.32, glib/gregex.h cannot be included directly. Patch by Andre Reinke <andre.reinke>
- Fix bug #19610 : CPS column too wide, translation column too narrow. Patch by Tomáš Hnyk.
- Fix bug #20532 : Make find and replace dialog big enough by default. Patch by Tomáš Hnyk.
- Fix bug #20441 : Spelling errors in manpage. Patch by Philip Rinn.
- Patch by Tomas Partl <eltomito>:
- Introduce new plugin clipboard. The 3 pillars of modern civilization.
- Introduce new plugin bestfit.
- Introduce new plugin minimizeduration.
- Introduce new plugin stacksubtitles.
- Automatic highlighting for all timing errors.
- Reverse command for extendlength, minimizeduration, moveafterprecedingsubtitle, stacksubtitles.
- Add seek to the selection end.
- Add the ability to define the prefix of dialoguize plugin.
- Add the ability to use blank line during import/export text.
- Adds functions to move subtitle start and end by 1 frame.
- Fix bug #19728 : Preferences window cannot be resized and decription of plugins do not fit in it.
- Fix bug #20154 : CPS checking inconsistencyt
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2012
- Add Video and Waveform recent files
- Add the default ASS/SSA style in the config file
- Introduce new subtitleformat 'dcsubtitle' - DLP Cinema Subtitle
- Add the ability to seek tiny. Pach by Sebastián Ventura
- Add the ability to skip frame by frame. (Lilian request)
- Fix bug #18905 : Clic molette. Button2 only move the cursor, play with Shift
- Fix bug #19268 : File Open: display uppercase extensions in file open dialog
- Fix bug #19023 : Assenseur / ligne active. Center in the view the current selection
- Fix bug #14663 : Feature Request: Cut Line
- Fix bug #18903 : Durée du sous-titre incorrecte
- Fix bug #18904 : Change framerate
- Fix bug #18697 : Cannot parse 'font' tags in sami subtitles. Patch by Dongsu Park
- Fix bug #18381 : Fails to open srt file with co-ordinates in the first subtitle
- Fix bug #18449 : Encoding key is deprecated in share/subtitleeditor.desktop.in
- Fix bug #18448 : Subtitleeditor should not handle MIME-Type "text/plain"
- Fix bug #646371 (Debian) : broken handling of 'br/' tags
- Fix Failed to compile documentsnavigation.cc
- Fix Failed to compile sami.cc. No need ptr for Subtitle
- Fix untranslated text
Version 0.30 alpha
- Release Date: Nov 30, 2008
- Each function work around extension system (enable/disable/configure)
- Add 'Generate Wavefrom From Video'
- Add line break policy option: soft, hard, intelligent (ASS/SSA)
- Add 'Wavefrom & Media' filter in the wavefrom dialog
- Add build option ccache
- Fix: Subtitle saving with no UTF-8 system (locale)
- Fix: Move subtitles added after the last original subtitle (Join Document)
- Fix: Alpha channel support for ASS (#12566)
- Fix: Allow opacity selection for Secondary, Outline and Shadow for ASS (#12569)
- Fix: Don't reload the player if the file is the same
- Fix: Catch enchant exception (spellchecking)
- Fix: Missing m4/intltool.m4 (#12626)
- Translations update
- Cleanup (code & autohell)
- Release Date: Nov 11, 2008
- he architecture of subtitleeditor works around a extension system, but in previous versions it was hard-coded. It was not possible to enable or disable extension, add extensions without recompiling subtitleeditor... That is the goal set by the new branch (0.30) In this alpha there is not really new functions, a few bug fixes, but more important is the extension system. Each function is an extension that can be turned on or not. Go see in the preferences. That release is simply a snapshot of svn to test the installation, packaging and use of SE to detect problems as soon as possible. If the lib "libsubtitleeditor.so" is not found launch "ldconfig" as root.
- Release Date: Nov 5, 2008
- Remove dependance of pcre, pcrecpp (packager)
- Replace pcre by Glib::Regex
- Fix: AdobeEncoreDVD multiple line reader
- Fix: MicroDVD to SE tags
- Add a default style if the document doesn't at least one when the file is saved (ASS/SSA)
- ASS/SSA newline (patch by Robert Ramiega)
- #12542 (https://gna.org/bugs/?12542)