This is the version history page for Submerge, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.6 (Oct 16, 2019)
- Version 3.5.3 (Aug 30, 2019)
- Version 3.5.2 (Feb 22, 2019)
- Version 3.4.6 (Oct 14, 2017)
- Version 3.4.5 (Oct 7, 2017)
- Version 3.4.4 (Apr 2, 2017)
- Version 2.2.3 (Oct 9, 2014)
- Version 2.2.2 (May 28, 2014)
- Version 2.2.1 (May 8, 2014)
- Version 2.2 (Jan 31, 2014)
- Version 2.1.5 (Dec 5, 2013)
- Version 2.1.4 (Nov 19, 2013)
- Version 2.1.3 (Nov 15, 2013)
- Version 2.1 (Apr 27, 2013)
- Version 2.0.1 (Oct 28, 2012)
- Version 2.0 (Aug 23, 2012)
- Version 1.9.6 (Feb 4, 2011)
- Version 1.9.5 (Feb 3, 2011)
- Version 1.9.4 (Dec 5, 2010)
- Version 1.9.3 (Apr 21, 2010)
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2019
- Fixed a bug that could clip automatically wrapped subtitle lines.
- Release Date: Feb 22, 2019
- - Touch Bar support
- Release Date: Oct 14, 2017
- Release Date: Oct 7, 2017
- Support for HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding or H.265) export compatible with iOS 11, tvOS 11 and macOS High Sierra.
- FFmpeg updated to the 3.3.3 "Hilbert" release.
- The exported file now has the subtitle language code as part of it's file extension. Like mymovie.eng.mov.
- Now supports WebVTT time codes in the 00.00.000 form.
- Various bug fixes and tweaks.
- Release Date: Apr 2, 2017
- ProRes now supports 4K output up to 4096x2160 pixels.
- ProRes will now always pass through audio without conversion.
- Adjusting volume for mp4 and mov files now works again.
- Various bug fixes and tweaks.
- Release Date: Jan 31, 2014
- Various user interface updates.
- Fixed the annoying bug where the last subtitle would stay on screen until the end of the movie.
- Now using AVFoundation for export instead of QuickTime whenever possible.
- Can now find and render subtitle files outside the sandbox using security scoped bookmarks.
- Better support for text formatting in .srt subtitle files.
- Localized in Simplified Chinese by Dr. Lee.
- Release Date: Dec 5, 2013
- Includes an optimized FFMPEG version for all you Mavericks users out there. Huge speed boost!
- The drop shadow for subtitles rendered without a plate is back.
- The text color attribute is now working again.
- Better rendering of sample subtitles in the Preferences window.
- Release Date: Nov 19, 2013
- Fixed a bug that could cause subtitle rendering to halt for malformed html formatting.
- Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
- Added support for rendering bold, italic and underline style tags in .srt files, (whole-line formatting).
- Using a negative Time Offset to sync subtitles now works as expected.
- Now correctly handles srt subtitle lines with an index of 0 (zero).
- Fixed a bug that caused Custom export to fail.
- Fixed a bug that would fail to render the last subtitle in a .srt file.
- Various fixes for 10.9 Mavericks.
- Release Date: Apr 27, 2013
- FFMPEG encoding for super-fast exports.
- Now defaults to FFMPEG encoding. Change in Preferences... if you still want QuickTime.
- PS3 1080p preset.
- Removed the Save to .mov functionality since it didn't actually hard-code the subtitles.
- [BUGFIX] Average fps information for completed exports now more accurate.
- Release Date: Oct 28, 2012
- Retina graphics.
- Subtitle rendering almost twice as fast.
- Toggle the inspector window with cmd+i.
- Support for Mountain Lion Notification center.
- Localization fixes.
- Experimental AVFoundation export. Turn it on in Preferences to try it out.
- Read/Write access to the Movies folder for automatic subtitle inclusion and export (Mac App Store version).
- [BUGFIX] No more "Export failed: You do no have sufficient permissions for this operation" (Mac App Store version).
- Release Date: Aug 23, 2012
- New icon.
- New toolbar.
- New movie inspector.
- New built-in subtitle search feature.
- Now using Universal Detectors to better guess subtitle file encoding.
- Export a movie without subtitles.
- Support for ssa/ass files in the Choose subtitles dialog.
- Now properly shows if a font can be rendered in bold and/or italic.
- Checks if Perian is installed and informs if not.
- Checks if the movie is DRM-protected.
- Support for resuming window states in OS X 10.7 Lion and greater.
- Signed with Developer ID for OS X 10.8 Gatekeeper.
- Localized in Polish by Robert Dyro.
- [BUGFIX] Temporary files are now properly removed when closing a file.
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2011
- Subtitles are now rendering correctly on export.
- Release Date: Feb 3, 2011
- Danish localization by Elias Krause.
- [BUGFIX] Now properly removes temporary rendering files.
- Release Date: Dec 5, 2010
- Added a workaround for the QuickTime bug (rdar://8722256) that would fail to export a file if using the iPhone, iPod, iPad or Apple TV preset running Submerge in Deutsch, Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
- Added a function to wrap lines that would overflow the width of the movie.
- Added a check for corrupted files with zero data size.
- Disabled the avi export component since it doesn't work with subtitle tracks.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2010
- iPad export preset.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a bug that could cause Submerge to crash when exporting to some devices.