This is the version history page for Movie Library ++. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 5.2.1 (Aug 1, 2013)
- Version 5.1.1 (Apr 8, 2008)
- Version 4.4.0 (Feb 25, 2008)
- Version 4.3.0 (Feb 17, 2008)
- Version 4.1.1 (Jan 29, 2008)
- Version 4.1.0 (Jan 26, 2008)
- Version 4.0.2 (Jan 23, 2008)
- Version 4.0.1 (Jan 22, 2008)
- Version 4.0.0 (Jan 18, 2008)
- Version 3.2.1 (Nov 9, 2007)
- Version 3.2 (Oct 19, 2007)
- Version 3.1 Beta (Oct 13, 2007)
- Version 3.0 (Oct 6, 2007)
- Release Date: Aug 1, 2013
- *Added a PS3 compatible profile*
- Advanced Movie Library application which retrieves information for the Movies, TV Shows imported from the online database and fills in the information for you, you can save it to the meta data for mp4 files to be recognized by itunes, quicktime...or save it to the Movie Library only. Convert DVDs and almost any video to PSP, iPod, Xvid, H.264, Flash (for you website), 3GP (for you mobile phone) and hard encode subtitles to your videos for the DVD forced subtitles, and you can use the bitrate calculator, merge videos tool and audio amplifying tool to solve or help with small video tasks. Now in the new version, added functionalities (more options for sound...), customizable profiles for almost all video types. PSP H.264, iPod H.264, MJPEG, Windows Media (wmv) and Microsoft Zune profiles, output to DVD and soon Nintendo DS. Customizable batch conversion also now available.
- Release Date: Apr 8, 2008
- Added artwork (drag and drop picture files (jpg, gif, png) or pictures straight of webpages into the artwork square in multi selection or single selection editors. Artwork saved to the library as a png format and shown in a tool tip in the table (when you move your mouse over a video). The artwork can also be saved into the metadata of mp4 as part of the save mp4 metadata function.
- Improved H264 custom profile: more video codec options, better quality, faster encoding of first pass without any loss of quality.
- Made a quicktime compatible/incompatible option for those of us who don't care about quicktime as it is a rubbish video player anyway. If you don't restrain your video to be quicktime compatible you can have better settings for better quality. Not many players support more than 1 B-Frame and avi does not support it either so be careful when selecting your options. SMPlayer (MPlayer) supports multiple B-Frames, VLC seems to have problems with it.
- Fixed the option for adding multiple jobs while a video is beeing encoded.
- Fixed the delete all jobs option while a video is being encoded.
- Fixed delete checked items (IDs not reset properly, now ok).
- Tool tip over a video in the table shows the artwork.
- Multiple enable/disable converting jobs option. Select more than one job by holding "ctrl" or "shift".
- Started work on enabling Podcasts (including subscription, download...).
- Improved the artwork efficiency.
- Added a grid view mode (experimental, only for viewing at the moment).
- Added an integrated mplayer navigation panel for playing videos directly without wasting memory using another third party video player.
- Release Date: Feb 25, 2008
- Redesigned the library and table completely, for faster use, many bugs fixes and more options available such as multiple selection.
- Improved search algortithm for getting video info from the database.
- You can now hide and show columns, right click on header of the table.
- Improved library export format.
- Actors for series now available for import
- Edition of multiple files possible as well as deleting, updating and adding to convert for multiple files, simply tick the files you want to process and select the action.
- Fixed many bugs with the table and library not always in line when modifying file data when filters were used.
- Improved algortithm to search file names to get hints on TV shows info such as season number and episode number.
- Release Date: Feb 17, 2008
- More Major library fixes due to special characters, fixed problem with special characters in database queries and save to mp4 tag.
- Option to automatically organise the library is now working, so if you want the library to rename and move the files within your media folder automatically enable this option from the preferences menu.
- You can now obtain individual TV show information such as episode name, this is derived from the series name, season number and episode number. Only videos within the library which are tagged as "TV Show" can be updated.
- If no season number or episode number is set for the video, the library will try to derive them from the video file name. This will work with popular naming formats such as "S01E01", "1x01", "Season 1 Episode 1", "S1E1"....So if you want to get the episode info automatically try to keep this format when renaming. This is not case sensitive so you don't need to worry about that. To update the episodes info select an episode and go to "Edit", "TV Shows" then click on "update selected TV show info", or simply to update all the TV shows click on "update all..." from that same menu. On the right hand side panel when it pops up with the results make sure to choose the correct Series if more than one match was found.
- Fixed the progress bar window which would keep poping up and stop you from switching windows now you can let it run in the background without bothering you.
- Release Date: Jan 29, 2008
- Audio only conversion (e.g. DVD audio to mp3, mp2, ac3, wav) with the FFMPEG profile.
- Improved the language packs.
- Option to force audio synchronisation with the FFMPEG profile (useful for corrupted videos such as satelite TV with corrupted frames).
- Deletion of obsolete conversion jobs on program startup.
- Resizable panels improved.
- Release Date: Jan 26, 2008
- Editor navigation inline with the table row order.
- Fixed deleting problem when removing a video that has just been added to the library by the encoder
- FFMPEG/Mencoder PCM signed 16 bit little endian tested and working with avi.
- The FFMPEG profile with MJPEG and PCM signed 16 bit little endian (in avi file) has been tested and works on the Targa H3010 mp3 player.
- Loading of language packs is not available. So far only english and french language packs, but you can create your own by copying one of them (from the languages folder) and calling it the language it is in (e.g. espanol.xml) and open it and replace the text between the and tags with the correct translated sentence. Then all you have to do is select it from the languages menu.
- If you have created a language pack and want to share it with other users get in touch with me so that i can include it in future releases.
- Release Date: Jan 23, 2008
- Sorting and renaming of converting jobs on program startup.
- Possibility to cancel the multiple video (All videos) info update and cancel multiple files import or import and find info
- Up/Down keys navigation with autoscroll and auto focus on the main library table and all the filters.
- Added elapsed and remaining time estimates on multiple video info update and import.
- Removed always on top property of progress window
- Fixed (disabled) multi-threading problem with FFMPEG with some of the profiles (e.g. 3gp/PSP mpeg4/iPod mpeg4).
- Fixed audio codec problem for Zune, Windows Media and MJPEG profiles (codec name corrected inline with this libavformat version).
- More code cleaning up...
- Release Date: Jan 22, 2008
- Auto shutdown/restart on encoding completion.
- Reverted menus back to SWING.
- Muxing to mp4 speed improvements, (multitasking).
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2008
- Added skip seconds and number of frames to encode to run small test encodings.
Audio amplification option added.
General MJPEG profile with audio choice of )mp3, wma7, wma8, pcm).
Fixed framerate bug in batch conversion.
Added force aspect ration option.
Fixed import bug when files with no extensions are found.
Added de-interlacing for PSP and iPod (mpeg4) profiles.
Removed redundant profiles.
Added option to choose encoder for the MJPEG profile.
Added an Mencoder and FFMPEG general profile to be able to use almost all the codecs and formats available from the FFMPEG codec library.
(Too many codecs and formats combinations available, so not many have been tested, but if you keep the defaults of no multi threading and one pass encoding, almost all should work).
Slight GUI improvements.
Option to clear all the jobs from the list.
Jobs are now backed up to disk so that you don't lose your jobs when closing the program. They are imported on program startup.
Added function to get info automatically from the imdb.com database therefore huge amount of info now available.
Added a pack of windows codecs for Mplayer.
Improved some of the data structures.
Updated "mandeldev.co.uk" (self updating) much quicker than searching "imdb.com" but not as complete, but search this one first.
Improved the filters algorithm as with huge libraries filtering would be very slow, now tested on a library of over 800 videos and no problem found.
Added update version checker.
Added ability to store, save and filter on many actors.
Added ability to type the genre of movies, clips... instead of (previously) choosing from a preset list.
- Release Date: Nov 9, 2007
- Added choice of subtitle Font size.
Version 3.1 Beta
- Release Date: Oct 19, 2007
- Output to DVD (VOB files), minor bugs fixed for a few of the profiles.
Customizable conversion batch list, enable/disable jobs, add jobs of different type...
- Release Date: Oct 13, 2007
- Same as 3.0 with added profiles for PSP AVC (H.264), iPod AVC (H.264) subtitles can be added on these two profiles. MJPEG (Packard Bell portable media players), Microsoft Zune, Windows Media (wmv) plus customizable versions of each profile.
A few bugs fixed on H.264 two pass encoding.
Upgrading to this version onwards will not make you lose your current library information or configurations.
- Release Date: Oct 6, 2007
- This version encodes videos to Xvid, H.264, PSP, iPod, Flash and hardcodes selected subtitles to the video (apart for PSP and iPod for now) Batch conversion available, and limited online Movie info database for now