This is the version history page for MKVtools, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.7.1 (May 23, 2018)
- Version 3.7.0 (Mar 22, 2018)
- Version 3.6.6 (Oct 2, 2017)
- Version 3.6.5 (May 24, 2017)
- Version 3.6.4 (Nov 22, 2016)
- Version 3.6.3 (Oct 23, 2016)
- Version 3.6.0 (Jul 12, 2016)
- Version 3.5.3 (Dec 7, 2015)
- Version 3.5.1 (Oct 25, 2015)
- Version 3.5.0 (Oct 20, 2015)
- Version 3.4.4 (Jun 24, 2014)
- Version 3.4.3 (Jun 1, 2014)
- Version 3.4.2 (Apr 25, 2014)
- Version 3.4.1 (Mar 3, 2014)
- Version 3.4 (Feb 23, 2014)
- Version 3.3.1 (Aug 10, 2013)
- Version 3.3.0 (Jul 29, 2013)
- Version 3.2.4 (Jan 31, 2013)
- Version 3.2.3 (Jan 15, 2013)
- Version 3.2.2 (Jan 5, 2013)
- Release Date: May 23, 2018
- Updated the ffpmeg related binaries to 3.4.2
- Fixed a bug that prevented the app from playing some movies with subtitles
- Fixed a bug that made the app appear to freeze on the 2nd pass of 2-pass encoding
- Release Date: Mar 22, 2018
- Code updated to Swift 3
- Numerous High Sierra related bug fixes.
- Release Date: Oct 2, 2017
- Updated the ffmpeg binary to the latest version.
- The default audio option is set to pass thru if none is selected
- Release Date: May 24, 2017
- Updated/Improved the transfer of subtitles to SUBtools
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when trying to mux in a subtitle file
- In the Settings Presets, the "Add 2-Ch. Track" now correctly uses the "If Stereo" bitrate
- Fixed a bug where log files were created for some processes regardless of preference settings
- Release Date: Nov 22, 2016
- Fixed a bug that prevented files from opening for some users.
- Release Date: Oct 23, 2016
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when a large number of files were edited
- Some minor GUI changes with the Edit Files tab functionality
- Added a Debug Mode option in preferences to turn on logging to the console app
- Release Date: Jul 12, 2016
- Updated to Swift 2
- High potential for random bugs
- Added a "Send Bug Report" option in the help menu
- Turned off compiler optimizations that would cause random crashing
- Added a pseudo store window to streamline the registration process
- Can now double click in the jobs queue to go to the output file
- Made various bug fixes with the "Q" popup
- Fixed various bugs with adding multiple files to the jobs queue
- Release Date: Dec 7, 2015
- Deleted a stray button matrix in the subtitle filter popup.
- Fixed a bug that could change the username when updating on systems with macports installed.
- Restored creation of default track titles.
- Release Date: Oct 25, 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused crashing on start up for some users.
- Release Date: Oct 20, 2015
- The preferences has changed so you will need to re-enter your registration code and other preferences.
- Most of the code updated to Swift
- Preference panel reorganized
- Fixed and improved handling of files with problem tracks
- Can now open eye tv packages
- Developer ID signing added to make gatekeeper happy
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2014
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2014
- Really fixed 2-pass encoding this time
- Fixed a bug that could freeze processes as "Queued" on systems earlier than 10.9.x
- Release Date: Apr 25, 2014
- Fixed bug that could cause some 2-pass conversions to fail
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash during track extractions
- Fixed a bug that could prevent conversions from working properly after track extraction jobs
- Release Date: Mar 3, 2014
- Fixed a bug that could make the convert button be ignored after a group of files had been added to the job queue
- Fixed a bug that disabled the "Play" button
- Fixed a Watch Mode bug that would prevent some files from being added to the queue
- Release Date: Feb 23, 2014
- Can now send subtitles to SUBtools (must be v1.0.b6 or higher) and back for quick editing and formatting fixes
- Added a "Q" button to allow the user to view and manipulate individual files when a group of files are opened
- Users can now specify in preferences whether or not to use Dolby Pro Logic II when surround sound is down mixed to 2-channels
- Fixed a bug that made the app appear to lock up while the fontconfig cache was being initialized
- Improved handling of .ts files
- Multiple bug fixes to track identification which should reduce issues when opening files
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused audio bitrates to being ignored.
- Fixed bug that prevented the "add 2-ch. track" from being applied
- Add the option to "keep" originals in presets
- Fixed bug that ignored times for splitting
- Threading related bug fixes that could cause freezes.
- Numerous Mavericks bug fixes
- Release Date: Aug 10, 2013
- Fixed a preventing the preferences panel from opening in OS X 10.6
- Release Date: Jul 29, 2013
- The bulk of the processing code has been updated to match the improvements in MP4tools
- A number of improvements to burning subtitles (e.g., internal pgs should now be supported)
- Code for identifying tracks has been updated to reduce some "MP4tools could not identify ..." messages.
- Added code to produce error log files for occurrences of "MP4tools could not identify ..." messages.
- Improved handling of M2TS/MTS/TS videos
- The Edit Tracks Tab has been removed. Most of it's functionality was redundant (Extract Tracks is now in the MP4 tab).
- Fixed a bug that could cause 2-pass encoding to fail
- Various bug fixes
- Release Date: Jan 31, 2013
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Split" button from being enabled in Snow Leopard
- Fixed some permission issues that could effect users on computers with mulitple accounts
- Release Date: Jan 15, 2013
- Fixed a bug that sometimes occurred when multiple audio tracks were selected
- Fixed a bug that could cause MKVtools to crash during the muxing step
- Release Date: Jan 5, 2013
- Numerous watch mode fixes