This is the version history page for HDPVR Capture. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.9.0 (Feb 3, 2018)
- Version 3.8.3 (Oct 19, 2016)
- Version 3.8.1 (Oct 12, 2016)
- Version 3.8.0 (Oct 8, 2016)
- Version 3.7.0 (Sep 30, 2015)
- Version 3.3.4 (May 27, 2013)
- Version 3.3.3 (May 8, 2013)
- Version 3.3.2 (May 2, 2013)
- Version 3.0.20 (Feb 21, 2013)
- Version 3.0.15 (Jan 3, 2013)
- Version 2.12.1 (Mar 11, 2012)
- Version 2.11.2 (Sep 13, 2011)
- Version 2.11.0 (Sep 12, 2011)
- Version 2.9.2 (Mar 8, 2011)
- Version 2.9.1 (Feb 28, 2011)
- Version 2.9.0 (Jan 13, 2011)
- Version 2.8.2 (Nov 8, 2010)
- Version 2.8.1 (Oct 15, 2010)
- Version 2.8.0 (Oct 10, 2010)
- Version 2.7.0 (May 1, 2010)
- Version 2.5.3 (Sep 13, 2009)
- Version 2.5.2 (Aug 2, 2009)
- Version 2.5.0 (Jun 21, 2009)
- Version 2.4.1 (Mar 16, 2009)
- Version 2.3.0 (Mar 7, 2009)
- Version 2.2.1 (Mar 1, 2009)
- Version 2.2.0 (Feb 25, 2009)
- Version 2.1.0 (Feb 23, 2009)
- Version 2.0.12 (Feb 20, 2009)
- Version 2.0.11 (Feb 11, 2009)
- Version 2.0.9 (Feb 1, 2009)
- Version 2.0.8 (Jan 22, 2009)
- Version 2.0.7-b1 (Jan 18, 2009)
- Version 2.0.6-b1 (Jan 14, 2009)
- Release Date: Feb 3, 2018
- Change: Display iCal scheduled recordings for 2018 onwards.
- Cleanup: OSX 10.10 related API cleanups.
- Release Date: Oct 19, 2016
- Bugfix: Don't throw a hard assert if the HDPVR2 performs a USB timeout.
- Release Date: Oct 12, 2016
- Bugfix: Corrupt video appears in some recordings.
- Release Date: Oct 8, 2016
Bugfix: On OSX 10.10, app would crash after downloading a license key.
Bugfix: On OSX 10.10, app would crash when clicking 'record' when no signal present.
Cleanup: Extended the iCal view into 2017.
Cleanup: Codesigning fixes related to xcode8.
- Release Date: Sep 30, 2015
- Feature: Additional OSX 10.11 El Capitan compatibility fixes.
- Feature: Upgraded the entire application from 32bit to 64bit.
- Feature: Added IR Blaster support for Cable-box Cisco-9865HDC.
- Feature: Added IR Blaster support for Cable-box Cisco-4742HDC.
- Feature: Changed the HDPVR2 157xxx user controls, slightly brighter.
- Cleanup: Upgraded to Spark Framework v1.12 for El Capitan Compatability.
- Cleanup: Resolved a GateKeeper related code-signing issue.
- Cleanup: Removed Colossus product support from the app.
- Cleanup: Ensure Spark doesn't download incompatible upgrades, min version is 10.8.
- Cleanup: Fixed a gatekeeper issue related to rpath and failing to load a dylib.
- Bugfix: 145210 models hang when attempting a recording on OSX 10.10.2 and higher.
- Bugfix: In custom mode, using insane, fix an issue where bitrate shifts from 14Mbps to 13Mbps.
- Bugfix: Files not overwritten when user explicitly enabled the preference.
- Bugfix: HDPVRCapture Narration playlist not being created, and tracks not added automatically.
- Bugfix: PS4 HDMI 1080p60 could alternative between signal locked and no signal.
- Bugfix: Rocket device could hang when attempting to stop recording.
- Bugfix: HDPVR Model 49xxx experiencing El Capitan signal lock related issues.
- Bugfix: HDPVR start/stop recording crash.
- Bugfix: Issue related to HDPVR2 device detection with OSX 10.11, El Capitan.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue related to genuine license keys being incorrectly processed.
- Bugfix: Rocket rapid start/stop results in instabilities.
- Thanks: Many thanks to GregN for finding / reporting recent HDPVR issues.
- Release Date: May 27, 2013
- Feature: HDPVR2 GE Plus - Auto detects HDMI PCM or Dolby 5.1, no user selection required.
- Bugfix: HDPVR2 GE Plus - Fixed occasional issue with noise during HDMI recordings.
- Bugfix: Occasional exception during start of HDPVR 1212 recording.
- Bugfix: PCR related issue with the HDPVR 1212.
- Bugfix: UI duplicate errors if the hardware became unstable during startup.
- Cleanup: Minor improvements to the default HDPVR2 default video levels.
- Cleanup: Renamed the audio input names when using the HDPVR2 GE Plus.
- Cleanup: Removed unused functions and various if0 code.
- Release Date: May 8, 2013
- Feature: Added support for capturing HDPVR2 SPDIF PCM Audio.
- Feature: Auto detect SPDIF PCM vs Bitsream audio modes during capture.
- Bugfix: HDPVR 1212 Bling ring did not illuminate.
- Bugfix: Application can crash during the iTunes CreatePlaylist.
- Bugfix: Occasional crash when adding a voice recording to iTunes.
- Bugfix: V2 license key warning message shown when v2 and v3 license keys are installed.
- Bugfix: A/V sync issues or missing audio after conversion.
- Cleanup: Changes to the HDPVR2 HDMI Hotplug handling.
- Release Date: May 2, 2013
- Bugfix: GE Model 145xxx YPRPB showed lock when green sync missing.
- Bugfix: GE Model 145xxx YPRBR 1080i50/60 fluctuates between lock and unlock.
- Bugfix: Captures bytes UI indicate could report larger than expect values briefly.
- Bugfix: HDPVR2 could hang during recording in a busy system.
- Bugfix: AC3 5.1 Channel remapping output filename related fix.
- Bugfix: HDPVR2 Aspect Ratio support for SD recordings.
- Bugfix: HDPVR2 Random crashes during recording.
- Bugfix: Rare (potential) crash related to signal lock check when recordings start.
- Bugfix: Recordings were interrupted unnecessarily by the main UI controls.
- Bugfix: HDPVR2 GE Noisy audio during recording.
- Bugfix: Conversion window popup menu didn't appear for multiple jobs.
- Bugfix: A/V sync issue during job conversion resolved.
- Bugfix: HDPVRCapture application crash when recording from the HDPVR 1212.
- Bugfix: HDPVR 1212 PAL/Secam related fix.
- Bugfix: Colossus video glitches intermittently during recording.
- Cleanup: Presents a 'hardware failed' message if the HDPVR2 hardware stops responding.
- Cleanup: Removed various debugging messages.
- Cleanup: Added various sanity checks on HDPVR2 buffer handling.
- Cleanup: Upgraded HDPVR2 firmware to March 2013 release.
- Cleanup: Upgraded ffmpeg conversion tool.
- Release Date: Feb 21, 2013
- Feature: Adding support for the HDPVR2 1512 PVR Edition. (No blasting or SPDIF support yet)
- Feature: Adding support for the newer HDPVR2 GE (productid 0xe524).
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE HDMI 1080p50/60, 640x480p support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE HDMI 1080i50/60 support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE HDMI 720p50/60 support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE HDMI 640x480p xbox support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE HDMI 480i/576i support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE YPRPB 1080p50/60 support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE YPRPB 1080i50/60 support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE YPRPB 720p50/60 support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE YPRPB 480i/576i support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE YPRPB 720x480p support.
- Feature: Adding newer HDPVR2 GE Composite 480i/576i support.
- Feature: Automatically download the license key and activate when a new device is detected.
- Feature: In demo mode, upload anonymous statistics for product improvement purposes on startup.
- Bugfix: Signal Monitoring was not disabled after a device was removed.
- Bugfix: Crash related to PARAM_AUDIO_BOOST.
- Bugfix: Rare app hang when stopping a Colossus recording.
- Bugfix: Cable disconnect and format detection related bugfix for HDPVR2.
- Bugfix: Record button created 0 length file when no device attached.
- Cleanup: Moved the AC3 5.1 track remapping 32bit code into it's own process.
- Cleanup: Cleanups related to removing the HDPVR from the running application.
- Cleanup: Cleanups related to internal device detection.
- Cleanup: Added support for the original HDPVR 1212 IRBlaster.
- Release Date: Jan 3, 2013
- Bugfix: Rare crash when the device is disconnected.
- Release Date: Mar 11, 2012
- Added: A generic log viewer instead of presenting logfiles in TextEdit.
- Added: A specific help button to the main application window.
- Added: Storing the firmware date inside the recording stats packets.
- Added: New post processing task to split M2TS files into 4GB chunks.
- Added: Experimental post processing task to 'transcode to iPod' (640x480) task if VLC is installed.
- Added: New post processing task to remove the DAC3 atom from MP4 files.
- Bugfix: Related to launching tasks which could later crash.
- Bugfix: Showing logs on 10.7 would generate sandbox errors and fail.
- Changed: Redirect the Menu / Help item to www.hdpvrcapture.com
- Changed: Bumped the software upgrade tool to query www.hdpvrcapture.com instead of steventoth.net
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2011
- bugfix: Fixed a 10.5 specific crash on startup.
- Release Date: Sep 12, 2011
- Release 2.11.0
- Enable video preview when streaming to the network.
- Restart VLC for video preview every time the Preview button is pressed.
- Removed a compiler define for FILTER_TAB, no longer required.
- Update the user preferences (default and custom) with good sensible video defaults.
- Enable the video controls for support with the July 27th 2011 firmware.
- Code cleanup to the usb handler, globals and some common functions.
- Various mutex cleanups, make sure we take the mutex during device removal.
- Re-instate mutex locking on device structure.
- Support VLC in /Applications or on the users desktop.
- bugfix: 10.7 Replaced /tmp tmp files with ~/Documents.
- bugfix: 10.7 bug where writing to /tmp is prohibited.
- bugfix: custom video control values were not being restored correctly.
- bugfix: record recording LED remained on with July 27th Firmware.
- Added a single click defaults button to restore video controls easily.
- Disabled the warning if Perian is not installed.
- bugfix: Preferences windows would often not appear when selected.
- cleanup: Only allow a single VLC instance to run concurrently.
- cleanup: Stop the associated VLC instance when encoding stops.
- Release 2.10.1
- Feature: Simplified all-in-one menu in the conversion tab.
- Feature: More flexible timing control over manually scheduled iCal recordings.
- Feature: Add support for Tivo Channel Changing via the network remote interface.
- Feature: Improvements enabling app to by used by Accessibility controls.
- Bugfix: Custom Audio Boost setting was lost when the user selected a different audio input.
- Cleanup: Fixed a small handful of memory leaks.
- Cleanup: Switched the project compiler from gcc to lvm gcc 4.2 and xcode 4.0.2
- Cleanup: Removed bare-bones Applescript support.
- Cleanup: Removed spurious console message.
- Release Date: Mar 8, 2011
- Bugfix: Recordings would occasionally abort during conversion to MP4.
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2011
- Feature: Broadcast system wide channel change notifications.
- Feature: Support for the Firewire 'Channel Changer' app by rti-zone.org.
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky-Plus Amstrad
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky-Plus Pace BSKYB3100
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky Pace 2500B
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky Pace DS445NB
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Cable Box Cisco Explorer 4642HD
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Cable Box BT Vision
- Feature: Minor face lift to the UI, improvements to image rendering.
- Feature: Remember the previous time duration after restart.
- Bugfix: Selecting 1, 2 or 3 digit IR blasting could result in a crash.
- Bugfix: IR blaster often sent additional leading zero digits.
- Release Date: Jan 13, 2011
- Feature: Allow the network address / ip to persist when custom settings enabled.
- Feature: New preferences - Move files to Trashcan after mp4 conversion (def disabled).
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash related to the IR blasting keycodes
- Bugfix: iCal scheduling generated popup errors and failed to record.
- Bugfix: TitanTV tvpi files failing to load into HDPVRCapture.
- Bugfix: Higher than necessary CPU load when HDPVRCapture is idle.
- Bugfix: Fixed a small memory leak related to USB handling.
- Bugfix: Avoid signal detection handling during recordings, leading to intermittent stalls.
- Cleanup: Remove small amounts of redundant code.
- Cleanup: Truncate the displayed filename if it overflows the dialog.
- Cleanup: Encoder stop improvements, minor performance improvement.
- Cleanup: Replaced a deprecated function.
- Cleanup: Adjusted the threshold that triggers the 'no audio or video' message for low bitrate streams.
- Cleanup: HDPVRCapture now needs to be running for scheduled recordings to trigger correctly.
- Release Date: Nov 8, 2010
- Feature: Enable Return/Enter key to start/stop capture.
- Feature: Added support for infinite recording time.
- Feature: Added support for recording to be split into file chunks based on time.
- Bugfix: HDPVR had to be power cycle during startup else not detected.
- Bugfix: Fixes related to file conversions that abort.
- Release Date: Oct 15, 2010
- Bugfix: Ensure appropriate message is shown when HDPVR Firmware fails to start.
- Bugfix: Ensure HDPVRCapture correctly handles removal of HDPVR.
- Release Date: Oct 10, 2010
- Feature: Added support for a new revision of the Hauppauge HDPVR hardware
- Feature: Added a real-time stream to network capability
- Feature: Added the ability to disable recording data to disk
- Feature: Show on screen error during capture if audio/video signal is bad
- Feature: Show error if video signal disappears
- Feature: Added Tivo IR support
- Changed: Make Rear RCA jacks the default audio input method
- Changed: Make AAC 2 channel audio the default codec when recording analog audio
- Cleanup: Disable video preview if ONLY streaming captured video to network
- Cleanup: Disable post processing if ONLY streaming captured video to network
- Cleanup: If EyeTV is installed then inform user another app is using the HDPVR.
- Cleanup: Warn user if the output directory does not exist.
- Bugfix: Avoid crash when recording and HDPVR is disconnected
- Bugfix: Crash related to miss-handling of preference data with 2.7.1 beta#1
- Bugfix: Don't disable the Ui controls until the hardware has begin streaming.
- Bugfix: iCal scheduled recordings lost the notes field and show information.
- Release Date: May 1, 2010
- Bugfix: iCal errors when application starts
- Bugfix: iCal errors when TVPI is opened.
- Bugfix: HDPVRCapture creates iCal events with incorrect dates and/or times.
- Feature: Alterations to the iCal view for faster display of your iCal schedules
- Feature: Alterations to the 'Schedule Entry' dialog to improve performance with large lists of schedules.
- Cleanup: Removed support for 10.4
- Cleanup: Removed support for the iCal Applescript interfaces
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2009
- Cleanup: Removed the long-term disabled IR blaster test controls.
- Bugfix: Avoid a crash (hopefully) when HDPVRCapture co-exists with EyeTV.
- Release Date: Aug 2, 2009
- Bugfix: Glitches in video recordings at high bitrates under some circumstances.
- Release Date: Jun 21, 2009
- Bugfix: iCal view hangs after multiple calendar entries are removed.
- Bugfix: Repeating schedules had incorrect launch dates/times.
- Bugfix: Odd task related bug when post processing related to translating ~, possibly new in 10.5.7.
- Bugfix: Automatic conversion of 5.1 after recording did not have 5.1 passthrough enabled.
- Bugfix: Multiple AC3 5.1 conversion tasks running concurrently hung the app. (Quicktime hang)
- Cleanup: Functional change, limit AC3 5.1 task conversion to a single concurrent instance, to avoid a Quicktime hang.
- Feature: Rewrote the internal scheduler to specifically allow any number of AAC or AC3 2.0 conversions concurrently.
- Feature: Warn the user if Perian is not install.
- Feature: Added support for external channel changing, see prefs. Scripts called with args -c -d -f
- Known Issues: Zap2it schedule entries can be wrong by 12 hours, you need to verify the time at entry time.
- Known Issues: PPC post processing can be buggy.
- Known Issues: .mp4 files don't play on the PS3 (Workaround: play the native .m2ts instead)
- Bugfix: Crash/hang during blasting if no 'Enter key codeset' for the selected STB
- Bugfix: No video captured if we're blasting and not using Component, first time around.
- Bugfix: Buffering related fixes when video is lost, to preserve the packet alignment.
- Bugfix: Buffering related fixes if the encoder has to be restarted.
- Bugfix: Related to high CPU load with the new buffering scheme.
- Bugfix: Related to out of order buffers being written to the recording, causing corruption.
- Bugfix: Mutex deadlock between threads on los of signal.
- Cleanup: Removed spurious debug messages.
- Regression: Added Video Control view (Brightness/Contrast controls) (Not working).
- Feature: Updates to the IR database - Added support for the UK BSKYB Thomson STB.
- Increases the number of allowable outstanding USB buffers to compensate for bursty storage drives.
- Improve performance of Stop Recording function.
- Added Ability to split file into 50MB chunks to help with diagnostics.
- Automatically maps the correct AC3 channesl during conversation, when using Quicktime 7.6 and higher.
- Preparation code to re-enable network streaming (not functional yet)
- Bugfix: Removed Video Control view (Brightness/Contrast controls), these don't work with recent HDPVR firmwares.
- Bugfix: Motorola 6412 IR selected selected the incorrect codeset, results in IR blaster failure.
- Release Date: Mar 16, 2009
- Bug: Scheduling via zap2it was broken after a recent zap2it website update. (It's better now but not perfect yet).
- Feature: Added option to query the files metadata and produce a report.
- Feature: Starting with Option key depressed enables two debugging / customer support features to analyze files.
- Feature: Ensured Menu / Help launches browser and navigates to online FAQ.
- Feature: Major speed improvements to to post processing capabilities, a 3GB 2 Hour movie now takes 40 seconds to convert on a MacPro, instead of 10-15 minutes.
- Feature: Major resolution changes to the post processing mechanism, all supported resolutions (1080i/720p/480i) and audio codec types (AAC 2.0, AC3 2.0 and AC3 5.1) can now be converted correctly into .mp4
- Feature: Converted files (1080i/720p/480i with AAC or AC3 2.0 or 5.1) are now compatible with the following applications:
- Compatible with: iMovie '09
- Compatible with: MPEG StreamClip v1.9.2
- Compatible with: FrontRow (Tested 10.5.6)
- Compatible with: Final Cut Pro v6.0.5
- Compatible with: QuickTime Player / QuickTime Pro v7.6
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2009
- Feature: Added support for scheduling in using zap2it.com for Canadian customers.
- Cleanup: Compensate if the video glitches to avoid stability issues with Roxio Toast.
- Release Date: Mar 1, 2009
- Bugfix: Recordings do not show the correct duration when viewed on the PS3
- Release Date: Feb 25, 2009
- Feature: Allow manual recordings to be accurate to the minute.
- Release Date: Feb 23, 2009
- Bugfix: Video signal wasn't detected correctly on cold boot.
- Feature: Lowered the Video Signal check interval to improve performance on low end CPUs
- Feature: New Preferences / Misc option to disable signal detection, lowering CPU overhead.
- Feature: Added time controls to make manual recordings easier.
- Feature: Abort recording if the HDPVR is connected to a low speed USB port.
- Feature: New Preferences / Misc option to override and allow recording on low speed USB ports.
- Cleanup: Minor updates to the tooltips on the Preferences panels.
- Cleanup: Reduced the default recording time from Infinite to 1 hr 30 mins.
- Cleanup: Removed small sections of unused internal code from the early betas.
- Cleanup: Track USB device speed and monitoring options internally for future debugging.
- Cleanup: Track statistics for USB1.1 recordings that exceed 8Mbps and risk stalling.
- Release Date: Feb 20, 2009
- Bugfix: Conversion panel task menu did not default correctly in all cases.
- Bugfix: PPC systems would abort during post processing conversion.
- Release Date: Feb 11, 2009
- The v2.0.11 demo is out of beta and available for download here. The application is fully function except that recordings are limited to a maximum time of 2 minutes, note that the IR Blaster is not enabled in demo mode. Release notes are here
- Release Date: Feb 1, 2009
- Bugfix: Post processing conversion #4, with missing audio, is now working.
- Bugfix: Added internal logging to help diagnose video signal issues for one customer.
- Bugfix: A space in the bundle name caused post processing to abort.
- Bugfix: Fixed a default menu selection bug after a drag and drop operation.
- Known Issues:
- The test controls on the Preferences / IRBlaster page do not work, and have been disabled in this release.
- Release Date: Jan 22, 2009
- Bugfix: Video signal reports errors and encoder stalled during recording.
- Bugfix: Removed some spurious debug messages.
- Bugfix: Minor cleanup of tooltip messages.
- Post processing AC3 into .MOV files is buggy, often resulting in missing audio.
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2009
- Bugfix: Applescript error causing a hang during iCal schedule creation.
- Bugfix: Odd popup error if iCal scheduled a recording but no event existed.
- Bugfix: Ensure the Monitor via VLC option is only enabled if VLC is installed.
- Feature: Changes the preferences panel tabs to resize dynamically.
- Feature: Automatically lookup the channel name if the user enters a channel number.
- Feature: Added the preservation of the IR Blaster setting in custom mode.
- Cleanup: Removed the unused Status column form the iCal view.
- Known Issues:
- Post processing AC3 into .MOV files is buggy, often resulting in missing audio.
- Release Date: Jan 14, 2009
- Bugfix: Running on PPC no video would be detected or captured.
- Bugfix: Fixed a rare kernel panic case on PPC.
- Bugfix: The application started in the incorrect tab.
- Bugfix: When no hardware is connected, Video Signal Detection how shows an appropriate message.
- Known Issues:
- Post processing AC3 into .MOV files is buggy, often resulting in missing audio.