This is the version history page for GOM Video Converter, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Jun 15, 2018)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Mar 20, 2018)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Mar 7, 2018)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Nov 1, 2017)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Jun 9, 2017)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (May 31, 2017)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Jun 19, 2015)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Dec 18, 2014)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Apr 22, 2014)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Dec 28, 2012)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Dec 22, 2012)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Oct 12, 2012)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Apr 24, 2012)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Dec 21, 2011)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Dec 16, 2011)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Jun 24, 2011)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Mar 10, 2011)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Nov 24, 2010)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Oct 8, 2010)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Sep 14, 2010)
- Release Date: Jun 15, 2018
- Integration of Global / Japan GOM Encoder license
- Change of product name to GOM Encoder
- Addition of function of selecting HEVC Encoder type
- Correction of Intel H.264 encoding errors
- Correction of multilingual phrases and other errors
- Release Date: Mar 20, 2018
- Fixed Quick Sync H.264 encoding error.
- Fixed Intel H264 encoding error.
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2018
- Provide new setup for 64bit OS
- Upgraded support Intel HEVC hardware accelrated encoding
- Fixed notification message
- Fixed merge video function
- Fixed minor issues for GOM Reader
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2017
- Release Date: Jun 9, 2017
- Fixed preset error
- Software stabilization
- Release Date: May 31, 2017
• New icons and design skins for UI improvement
• Enhance subtitle capabilities
• Support for Gom Player input formats
• Upgraded support for MKV output format
• Upgraded support for HEVC codecs for high-resolution video encoding
• Fixed video and audio synchronization
- Release Date: Jun 19, 2015
- Convert Function Improvement
- Fixed the problem of adding some of the 3ivX codec videos.
- Fixed the problem of converting some of the VOB files.
- Fixed “when converting some of the VOB files, the conversion speed becomes
- Fixed the conversion problem when setting a lower video frame for outputs than
the original VOB files.
- Fixed “when converting the Korean SRT subtitle with the 184.108.40.206 version,
the previous converted Korean subtitle file will be used for output” problem.
- Disable Filters
- Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and improvements
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2014
1.ASS/SSA subtitles support
Added support for internal ASS/SSA subtitles in .mkv files
2.Optimization of all current presets and new presets added
Current Sony, Apple, Android presets fixed and the integration of duplicate and similar presets.
Added GALAXY Note3 High Quality/AVC, GALAXY S High Quality/AVC, GALAXY Note Series/ AVC, Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus One High Quality/AVC, Xperia X 10 Normal, Xperia X 10/HTC Magic/AVC(CBR), iPad (After G3) [Full HD(1080p)], iPad mini/iPad Air [AVC], iPhone6/iPhone 6 Plus, WALKMAN All series [Normal], WALKMAN All series [High], WALKMAN S/A [High] presets.
3.Converted files focus feature
When a conversion is done, select “Destination” to open the folder with Windows Explorer, you’ll see the file(s) you just converted is (are) highlighted.
4.Improvement of conversion performance
Built-in source filter and codec performance improved. Please refer to below improvements:
・Fixed the “when converting some of the VOB files in version 220.127.116.11 and version 18.104.22.168 of GOM Video Converter, it finishes converting right after it starts” problem.
・Fixed the problem of converting files with AMR audio in version 22.214.171.124 and version 126.96.36.199 of GOM Video Converter.
・Fixed the problem of inputting files only with FLAC audio in version 188.8.131.52 of GOM Video Converter.
5.Added Source Filter Control
Added Source Filter Control in the configurations: using external filters (codecs) instead of GOM’s built-in filters for conversion. If you uncheck the box next to the extensions, those extensions files will not use GOM’s internal filters, but will use the external filters installed in your PC to convert files.
6.Improvements of file information recognition and display
The following issues have been solved:
・ Some .mts files’ PCM codec (audio) showing “Unknown”
・ Nellymoser codec (audio) showing “Unknown”
・ FLAC audio files’ codecs showing “Unknown”
・ Speex codec (audio) showing “Unknown”
・Dxtory codec (video) showing “Unknown”
・Some files’ frame rates cannot be detected correctly, thus if converting files without changing their frame rates, the outputs sometimes end with low bit rates.
7.Improvement of installation program
Fixed the “Even meets the minimum spec but due to the system environment, installation cannot be carried out correctly” issue.
8.Added more disable filters
Conversion issue that are frequent reported such as “DivX H.264 Decoder”, “TOSHIBA Audio Decoder DVD”, “Monogram AAC Decoder”, “Roxio MPEG2 Demuxer” filters are disabled as default.
- Release Date: Apr 22, 2014
- Please refer to this page: http://converter.gomlab.com/eng/notice/view.gom?intseq=284 for a full list of changes
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2012
- Corrections to the 12/21/2012 (184.108.40.206) Update:
The following issues present in version 220.127.116.11 update have been corrected.
- A Korean language pop-up would appear when launching GOM Picker and Internet Explorer.
- The Trial Version 10 minute output limit was not removed after successfully registering the Full Version via the [Config.] window.
- When attempting to use the Set Segment function together with the Merge function on the Trial Version, the Merge function could not be used if the input video was over 10 minutes long, even if the total time of the output video was set to under 10 minutes.
- If additional conversions were performed after completing a conversion using the iPhone Ringtone preset, a 30 second time limit
was applied, even if another preset or different output settings were applied.
- iTunes 11 Support:
Corrected an issue where iPhone Ringtones created with the GOM Video Converter preset could not be added to iTunes after updating to iTunes 11.
- Changes related to video size settings on the Output Settings window:
In previous versions of the software, users could adjust the "Resize Filter" settings on the "Video" tab of the Output Settings window, even if the "Size" setting was set to [(No Change)]. Because Resize Filter settings are only applied when the size of video is changed, Resize Filter settings can no longer be adjusted when [(No Change)] is selected.
- Other miscellaneous changes and minor corrections.
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2012
- Corrected a security issue related to buffer overflows.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the software to crash when cancelling a conversion that was using the x264 codec and the Merge feature.
- Fixed an error with 2Pass encoding when using the x264 codec.
- Added additional filters to the default block list.
- RTL Subtitle support is now enabled by default
- Corrected an issue related to playback in the preview window when setting segments.
- Fixed an error with manual input of segment start times.
- Implemented a 10 minute limit for output videos when using the free version of the software.
- The "Split" feature is now only available in the full version of the software.
- Added presets for Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, and iPad Mini.
- Added additional filename rules for output videos that include the conversion date.
- Various other miscellaneous corrections and minor fixes.
- Release Date: Oct 12, 2012
- Users can now select the H.264 Codec profile and level when doing AVC / H.264 conversions.
- Added an alert sound feature for when conversion processes are completed (feature is OFF by default).
- Added the ability to pause / resume / cancel individual conversions during multi-conversion processes by right-clicking the conversion tab.
- Added a feature that gives users the option to re-apply the previous conversion settings after a conversion fails.
- Added a device Preset for iPhone 5.
- Added support for RTL subtitles (BETA version, must be enabled from the Config window).
- Corrected an issue where registration was not possible during the installation process under certain circumstances.
- Changed the default MPEG source filter to "Gretech MPEG Source Filter 2".
- Added Taiwanese, Chinese, and Russian descriptions for device presets.
- Updated the X264 Encoder.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Release Date: Apr 24, 2012
- Greatly improved the Preview / Set Segment window and it's functionality
- Can now control preview playback volume and toggle mute on/off
- Added the screencap feature to the preview window
- Can now set / preview up to 5 segments simultaneously
- Can now make adjustment in 0.01 second intervals
- Can now jump forward and backward in the video preview by using the left and right arrow keys
- Can adjust the preview time jump interval with the up and down arrow keys
- Altered the way video size adjustment are made, and added additional ratio adjustment options when altering the video size.
- Added the LAV Audio Decoder, LAV Video Decoder, and LAV Splitter to the default disabled filter list due to compatibility issues.
- Added a Gretech Video Filter Single Thread option to correct an audio/video sync issue that occurred with certain conversions.
- Added Internet Explorer 10 and HTML5 WebM format support to GOM Picker
- Improved the Gretech MP4 Source Filter
- Added a conversion preset for the new 2012 iPad
- Added general upload presets for converting files to upload to the web.
- Added a registration screen the the software installation, allowing users to input their registration information during installation.
- Added a registration tab to the Configuration window, allowing users to input their registration information without restarting the software.
- Corrected an error where rotation settings were not saved when creating a custom preset.
- Corrected an issue where GOM Reader was not properly recognizing certain file information.
- Corrected an issue where users displays would not automatically go to sleep if the software was mid-conversion.
- Updated the GOM Video Converter and GOM Picker EULA
- Release Date: Dec 21, 2011
- Each audio track will now be selectable for output when converting MP4 files with more than one audio track.
- Added two conversion presets for PlayStation Vita
- Release Date: Dec 16, 2011
- Intel Quick Sync Video Support Added:
GOM Video Converter now supports Intel Quick Sync Video technology to improve conversion speeds. This option can be turned on via the Configurations window (“Codec” tab), and is only available on PCs that support Intel Quick Sync Video.
- Improved the “Gretech MPEG Source Filter 2”:
This source filter has been improved to better support conversions of TS format video files.
- Wii Presets Added:
Added 2 conversion presets designed for use with Nintendo Wii.
- WMV Default Conversion Settings Updated:
Changed the default WMV conversion settings to use the Windows Media Audio 10 Professional codec (previously used the lower-quality Windows Media Audio Voice 9 codec).
- Additional Multi-Conversion options:
Added 6-core and 8-core processor support to the Multi-Conversion function.
- Updated the software EULA
- GOM Picker:
- Fixed a bug where IE would force quit when visiting a specific page.
- Fixed a bug where GOM Picker settings would be reset after restart.
- GOM Report:
The “GOM Report” application is no longer included with GOM Video Converter.
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2011
- Motion JPEG Output Support Added:
You can now use the Motion JPEG codec when converting files into AVI format.
iPad 2 Support Added:
- The existing iPad presets have been updated, and new iPad 2 presents have been added.
- Xbox 360 Support Added:
Three Xbox 360 presets have been added.
- GOM PICKER Released:
GOM’s streaming video download utility, GOM PICKER, is now included with GOM Encoder.
GOM PICKER allows you to instantly download almost any streaming video you’re watching in your web browser.
Currently GOM PICKER is restricted to Internet Explorer, and videos that include any type of DRMs can not be downloaded. Downloading of live streams is also not supported at this time.
- Ability to select Resize Filter added:
If you’re changing the screen size of a video during conversion, you can now choose from “Image Resampling”, “Bilinear”, “Bicubic”, and “Lanczos” resize filters. Each filter emphasizes conversion speed and picture quality differently.
- Improved Audio and Subtitle Synchronization Functions:
You can now set Audio and Subtitle sync settings to + - 32000 msec from the “Preview/Set Segment” window (previously limited to + - 10000 msec)
- Improved MKV File Conversion:
Previously there were instances where not all subtitles present on an input MKV file would be displayed on the output file. This issue has been corrected.
An issue where an error message would be displayed and a conversion would fail in the middle of converting an MKV file using CBR 2PASS conversion has been corrected.
Various other phrasing and minor conversion problems have also been corrected.
- Release Date: Mar 10, 2011
- 90 degree clockwise rotation added.
A function has been added that allows you to rotate videos 90, 180, and 270 degrees clockwise. This function can not be used simultaneously with the horizontal (mirror) and vertical flip functions.
- Corrected a problem where aspect ratios were being misrepresented.
An issue where aspect ratios were being misrepresented when converting MPEG-2 files (VOB, TS, etc) has been corrected. Converted files of this type with no alteration in screen size will now display a proper aspect ratio.
(We have observed an issue where converted files of this type don’t work properly if the screen size was altered from the original. We are currently working on correcting this issue and will implement the fix in a future update.)
- Galaxy Tab support
Added two preset settings for use with Galaxy Tab devices.
- Corrected the 30 second limit option for audio output.
An issue with the 30 second limit option when selecting [AUDIO] in AAC (M4A), or when using an iPhone ringtone preset, has been corrected. If the "Conversion completes automatically when the output file becomes 30 seconds long" option was used for one conversion, then the option was unselected and the conversion performed again, the 30 second limit would still be applied. This error no longer occurs.
- Added a built-in MPEG source filter
The "Gretech MPEG Source Filter 2" has been added, and can now be selected via a pop menu in the event there is a problem converting with the original "Gretech MPEG Source Filter 1". By using the Gretech MPEG Source Filter 2, some of the MPEG-2 videos that previously had conversion problems can now be converted normally.
- Added Output Information to the Conversion Log
The conversion log will now display all information about an output file, such has flip / rotation, applied video effects, and changes to color settings.
- Status display on the notifications bar added
If you select "Minimize to try" from the "Converting" window that pops up after a conversion has started and then minimize GOM Encoder, and icon will be displayed at the notifications area of the taskbar. If you mouse-over this icon, various information about the progress of your conversion will be displayed.
- Release Date: Nov 24, 2010
- Altered iPad Presets
Previously there were 3 preset settings available for iPad (Normal, High, and Ultra). The original “Normal” preset has been removed, “High” has been changed to [iPad Normal /AVC], and “Ultra” has been changed to [iPad High Qaulity/AVC].
- Combined MP3 and M4A output settings into a single interface, “Audio”.
There have been no technical changes to the way in which audio files are converted. You can convert files to MP3 when using the free version, however bitrate, quality, and other MP3 conversion settings are locked until the full version is purchased.
- Combined the Screencap and Snapshot functions into a single interface, “Image Output”
When right-clicking on a video file you’ve added to the conversion list, selecting either the “Screencap Tool” or “Create Snapshot Preview” options will take you to the same “Image Output” window.
- Fixed a problem with the Normalizer.
There was an issue where, when using the nomalizer along with the “Merge Videos” function, audio levels would jump erradically at the point where two videos were joined. This error has been corrected.
- Preset List Alterations
"Some changes have been made to the order in which presets appear in the “Manage Presets” window. In the event that certain presets aren’t displayed when clicking on the [^] button next to preset settings, please double-check which preset groups are checked in the “Manage Presets” window.
- Added support for Logos in the PNG format
Previously, only files saved in JPEG and BMP format could be used with the Logo function (Output Settings > Logo). PNG files are now supported as well.
- Release Date: Oct 8, 2010
- Fixed an error relating to thumbnail creation when using output presets
- GOM Reader now properly displays information for multiple files
- Added a progress bar overlay to the taskbar icon (Windows 7 only)
- Added output presets for Sony Walkman
- Revised EULA
- Release Date: Sep 14, 2010
- Added a Screencap function
- Added a Snapshot Preview function
- Added a Subtitle Sync function (Preview / Set Segment)
- Added input boxes to “Image Settings” (Output Settings > Video) to allow for the direct input of values.
- Fixed the output preset settings for iPad
- Fixed a problem with Multi-Conversion where, in the event a user had a CPU with more than 4 cores, an error message would be displayed, and only a number of files equal to the number of cores recognized by GOM Encoder would be converted.
- Fixed an error where Intel Pentium D processors were erroneously recognized as having a single Core.
- Fixed conversion problems with certain types of MKV files.