This is the version history page for DVB Dream, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.7.1 (Mar 15, 2019)
- Version 3.7 (Mar 11, 2019)
- Version 3.6 (Oct 30, 2018)
- Version 3.5 (Mar 22, 2018)
- Version 3.4 (Nov 13, 2017)
- Version 3.3 (Feb 28, 2017)
- Version 3.2.1 (Feb 3, 2017)
- Version 3.2 (Dec 30, 2016)
- Version 3.1 (Sep 22, 2016)
- Version 3.0 (Aug 15, 2016)
- Version 2.8.1 (Jan 19, 2016)
- Version 2.8 (Dec 27, 2015)
- Version 2.7.4 (Nov 1, 2015)
- Version 2.6a (Sep 24, 2014)
- Version 2.6 (Jun 1, 2014)
- Version 2.5a (Mar 15, 2014)
- Version 2.5 (Dec 28, 2013)
- Version 2.4b (Jun 30, 2013)
- Version 2.4a (Jun 20, 2013)
- Version 2.4 (Jun 17, 2013)
- Release Date: Mar 15, 2019
- Added support for Unicable II JESS (up to 32 LNBs)
- * Fix for initialization error 5 on some devices
- Release Date: Mar 11, 2019
- Added support for Unicable II JESS (up to 32 LNBs)
- Release Date: Oct 30, 2018
- Added suport for TBS 6903x, TBS 5590, TBS 6909x, TBS6904x, TBS 6504
- Fixed VLC streaming issue
- Fixed a serious deadlock problem which used to happen on some Windows versions.
- LAV codecs updated to the latest (0.73.1)
- * Default streming buffer size is now reduced to 1316 bytes for LAN streaming.
- Release Date: Mar 22, 2018
- LAV codecs v0.71 added (There are some nice improvements on HEVC hardware decoding and DVB-AAC audio, although Windows XP is no longer supported)
- PIP decoding through hardware modules (CAMs) on TBS devices (Experimental)
- Some EPG related problems fixed
- Minor fixes
- Release Date: Nov 13, 2017
- Support for TBS HDMI/ASI capture cards (6301,6304, ASI capture, ...)
- LAV filters are updated to latest version (v0.70.1, improvements on H264 & HEVC & LATM AAC) Try to select LAV codecs in DVB Dream video settings window (CTRL + G) for all media types, can be helpful if you cannot watch some streams with other codecs. Recommended for Windows 10 users.
- TBS-CI module fixed (CAM should work fine now)
- Several bug fixes
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2017
- Channel scan improvements
- Several fixes (BISS, BlindScan, StreamReader interface)
- Release Date: Feb 3, 2017
- Several minor improvements in device handling & also in Stream Reader interface
- Now BISS/Fixed CW keys can be entered through Channel Properties for each channel (new "Keys" tab in Channel Properties window)
- LAV codecs updated to the latest version
- Release Date: Dec 30, 2016
- BISS and Fixed CW keys are now stored/remembered for each channel
- LCN setting is remembered
- H264 video information is reported correctly now for 4:2:2
- Fixed a crash problem happened while scanning channels
- Reverted back to old Windows Scheduler API because of stability problems.
- Several bug fixes
- Release Date: Sep 22, 2016
- Added new genpix device interface for SkyWalker-3 (gp_sw3_1.0.4.dev) with blind scan support.
- Added loop mode and both polarisations scan to blindscan (feature wanted by feed hunters)
- You can now set BS scan-range on chart with help of left/right click
- Added support for new devices TBS 6528 DVB CI, TBS 6590, TBS 6590, TBS 6209 8 tuner, TBS 5927 USB DVB-S2
- It looks like StreamReader.DLL causes problems in TSWriter2 module. We include StreamRecorder module as an alternative if you want to record whole TS. Or you can delete streamreader.dll and use DD's standard BDA interface.
- Scheduler now allows user select both old and new Windows Scheduler APIs. (You can try both APIs if scheduler doesn't work on your system)
- * Descriptions on how to use Blind Scan & its fine parameters by Genpix http://genpix-electronics.com/blindscan-in-dd.html
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2016
- Added Blind Scan tool (for genpix & streamreader interfaces, Main Menu->Tools->Blind Scan)
- Fixed motor-positioner crash problem, positioner should work finely now
- Added support for TBS 6290Se DVBT/T2, TBS 6290Se DVBT/T2, TBS 652X DVB CI, TBS 652X DVB CI, TBS 6522, TBS 6522, TBS 65XX, TBS 65XX
- TBSCI updated (Better CAM support on TBS)
- Scheduler updated for recent Windows versions, please make sure you run DVB Dream elevated if you want to use Scheduler (Right click DVB Dream icon and run as administrator)
- * If your device doesn't work with DVB Dream (with its standard BDA interface), you can try streamreader.dll interfaces written by manufacturers or 3rd party versions like CrazyCat's. Just go to main menu->Options->Device and select "StreamReader"
- * Genpix is still working on new device interface, we will patch this version as soon as genpix DVB Dream interface is ready, so you need to wait for Genpix BlindScan.
- * You can use BlindScan tool to update transponder *.ini files or to find feeds. It works nicely and can help by listing the frequencies that are not available in the current ini file.
- * Registered users should update DVB Dream by using registered users area & their login ID/pass. Otherwise they will have trial limitations
- Release Date: Jan 19, 2016
- VC runtime problem on older Windows versions fixed
- Occasional startup file I/O eurekalog message fixed
- Release Date: Dec 27, 2015
- Added support for TBS 6910 DVB-S/S2, TBS 6909 DVB-S/S2, TBS 5520, TBS 6204 DVB-T/T2, TBS 6902 DVB-S/S2, TBS 6522 DVB-C DVB-S/S2 DVB-T ISDB-T,TBS 6903 DVB-S/S2, TBS 6514 DTMB, TBS 6522
- PLP support for Astrometa DVB-T2 (experimental)
- Added "Exit EPG on channel change" option in EPGPlus settings
- EPG Cache now automatically deletes EPG events older than a few hours
- * If you cannot run DVB Dream on Windows Server systems (2012-2016), try installing the following BDA patch (win2008_bda.zip, submitted by azimli)
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2015
- Many ATSC related fixes
- ATSC channel names are correctly detected now
- Korean translation added
- LAN Streaming buffer size now can be defined in bytes instead of kilobytes
- Several fixes
- * Waiting for ATSC tests from United States, Canada, Mexico, Korea, El Salvador, Honduras.
- * ATSC frequencies in DVB Dream are center frequencies and converted to video carrier frequencies before sending to driver. If your hardware doesnt work with ATSC, please try "Use center frequencies instead of video carrier" option under main menu->options->device options)
- * All ATSC frequencies are defined inside terrestrial.ini (under United States, Canada, Mexico, Korea, El Salvador, Honduras titles)
- Release Date: Sep 24, 2014
- Max. Symbol Rate limit is now higher
- Now DD doesnt cache EPG while recording, to prevent record problems & some crashes
- Bug fixes
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2014
- Ultra HD (UHD) / 4K / HEVC / H265 channels are supported now
- Several bug fixes
- Added support for new TBS cards 6221 dvbc, 6285 dvbc, 5810 isdb-t, 5820 isdb-t, 6983 dvb-s2
- Added UHD/4K channel list filter option (to easily find/see UHD channels after a scan. Just press CTRL+L keys for filter options)
- * Most of HEVC/H.265 codecs are not mature enough, since this is a new format. LAV & Cyberlink codecs seem to work fine on DVB Dream if you have a robust CPU/GPU power. (Try to enable LAV filter hardware acceleration)
- * LAV filters/codecs download URL: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
- * CyberLink powerdvd14 Combo Decoder v.2.0.1660 download URL: http://www.skystar.org/redirect.php? dlid=6501&ENGINEsessID=5eb29e0e548c56ca1c17527b269dc0b5
- * Please check the following link for the list of available 4K / Ultra high definition channels and about the H.265 / HEVC codecs http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4167
- Release Date: Mar 15, 2014
- PLS codes and sub stream IDs can be stored in INI files now, please check readme.txt in transponders folder (added known 13e , 5w and 45e values)
- TS Record can now record NIT, SDT/BAT, RST, TDT/TOT (need to enable in record options)
- Added "Arrange in mosaic" feature in PIP menu (click on the PIP button at the bottom of DVB Dream window, then "click on Open All", then "click on Arrange in mosaic -> Small" in the PIP button's menu)
- Fixed bug with TBS cards which cause crash while closing app.
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2013
- Some channel scan bugs fixed
- Fixed the problem with DVB-S2 channels not tuning on TBS cards
- Fixed a freezing problem with deleting channels (affected Windows 8 users mostly)
- Fixed EPGParser bug which causes freezings time to time(i.e. on Eutelsat 9A, 12034 V)
- TBS remote control fix
- Bug fixes for several TBS DVB-S2 models
- Supports new TBS cards
- Estonian language have been added
- * New theme: Yusuke Kamiyamane & Redeemer
- * If you use Windows 8 or if you have no video or video problems on Windows 7/XP, then please make sure you install codecs since Windows 8 doesn't include required codecs. You can find most of codecs by a simple google sarch, search and download "dvbdream codecs" on google or just click here. After installing new codecs, you should restart DVB Dream and select them (Main Menu->Options->Video or simply press CTRL+G). Some of the codecs will work better than others, depending on your system configuration.
- Release Date: Jun 30, 2013
- Fix for a minor streaming bug
- MIS substreams are listed automatically in manual scan dialog (tested on TBS 6925)
- * To test MIS in Europe, 13E Hotbird 11432 V 27500 is recommended, transponder seems to have PLS root code 8 with sub stream IDs 1 and 2
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
- Fixed DVB-T/C problem
- Fix for eurekalog problem
- Added option to "Disable/Ignore des.dll error" , in preferences, general tab
- Release Date: Jun 17, 2013
- Support for new modulation technologies, MIS with VCM/ACM , PLP and PLS (works only on TBS devices for now)
- E-AC3 support (This fixes no audio problem for some channels, tested with DVB-T France streams)
- An important HD record problem fixed
- New preferences option "Prevent Monitor Power Off (Override Windows power options)"
- Added experimental support for MadVR (a 3rd party video renderer claiming higher video quality) (MadVR info/download)
- Now possible to stream all channels / whole TS of a tranponder onto local network
- Streaming was not working on some channels (when PCR is different than Video) fixed!
- One-channel streaming provides all audio pids now
- Attempting to run the DD again now brings it to front instead of displaying a warning
- Option to collect EPG for other satellites too. (in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide) Only recommended for North American users
- Fixed the problem with EPG Cache optimization setting "Within X hours", now default EPG filter option will cache/display EPG events that are "within 5 hours", You can change this behaviour in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide).
- Option to start VLC from current record in renderless (in Tools menu, waits for 15 secs to have enough data. This option is meant to be used an alternative to timeshift, make sure you increased max file size in record options)
- * Channel list file format changed. DD takes a backup of old CHL and upgrades it to new format itself. New format won't be backward compatible
- * E-AC3 has been tested using LAV and MPC audio decoder. (MPC Standalone Filters, LAV Filters)
- * You can stream all channels from the same frequency. Just set UDP TS Client IP address to the client PC's address, then check "Active" and "Send all channels". DD might need a restart after this. Now you can start VLC on client PC and VLC's Main menu->Media->Open Network Stream, type this as URL "udp://@:1234", click on "Play". You can switch between channels using Main Menu->Playback->Program. DD will stream channels as decoded as a whole TS. Make sure you disable streaming when you don't use, otherwise it can cause problems while watching TV.
- * SIMOSD module has been removed, since it directly accesses to channel list file, it needs update from its author.
- * Use EPG cache optimization if you have video problems because of EPG cache / high EPG data rate (especially in North America