This is the version history page for SVCD2DVD. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 2.5.5030 (Jan 29, 2009)
- Version 2.5.5020 (Dec 18, 2008)
- Version 2.5.5010 (Dec 9, 2008)
- Version 2.5.5000 (Nov 30, 2008)
- Version 2.5.3600 (Dec 10, 2007)
- Version 2.5.3500 (Nov 17, 2007)
- Version 2.5.3300 (Sep 25, 2007)
- Version 2.5.3200 (Sep 18, 2007)
- Version 2.5.3100 (Aug 16, 2007)
- Version 2.5.3000 (Jul 19, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2850 (Jul 7, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2800 (Jul 4, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2738 (Jul 2, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2728 (Jun 22, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2725 (Jun 19, 2007)
- Version 2.5.2718 (Jun 12, 2007)
- Version 2.1.2474 (Oct 11, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2421 (Aug 19, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2308 (May 7, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2294 (Apr 14, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2284 (Apr 4, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2278 (Mar 28, 2006)
- Version 2.1.2272 (Mar 23, 2006)
- Release Date: Jan 29, 2009
- FIXED: Issue with loading certain mpegs
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2008
- FIXED: Issue with AviSynth/FFmpeg going incredibly slow and/or crashing
- FIXED: Issue with menu encoder and it's dependent MSCRT system dlls.
- Release Date: Dec 9, 2008
- FIXED: Issue with PAL to NTSC conversions not actually converting correctly
- FIXED: Issue with two pass encoding on multi core PCs
- UPDATED: ffmpeg updated
- Release Date: Nov 30, 2008
- ADDED: 100% utilisation of CPU cores (dual, quad, HT) with multi asset projects. Assets are processed in parallel – up to 50% speed increase depending on the project.
- ADDED: Improved Avisynth support. AVSWrapper automatically creates a Avisynth script for your assets.
- UPDATED: ffmpeg updated – improved performance, higher compatibility, higher quality!
- ADDED: Higher bitrate for menus – higher quality menus produced.
- ADDED: Menu button text now defaults to the file name of the first asset in a Titleset.
- FIXED: Shutdown function working as expected now.
- FIXED: Lots of other smaller internal fixes (to many to mention!).
- Release Date: Dec 10, 2007
- ADDED: Option to force the processing of mpegs (vobs) rather than leaving them as is. This allows for PAL/audio conversions etc.
- Release Date: Nov 17, 2007
- ADDED: Option to force the audio stream order (based on stream id) on dual audio assets.
- FIXED: Assets on network paths not working.
- FIXED: Deleting of assets is they contained NAV PACKs and "Delete _S2D files" option.
- Release Date: Sep 25, 2007
- ADDED: Re-encoding of non compliant mpegs to DVD specs - apart from SVCDs.
- FIXED: Missing Menu highlights with certain colour choices.
- FIXED: Missing outline to Image menu buttons.
- Release Date: Sep 18, 2007
- ADDED: Widescreen menu support. Note 16:9 menus reduce the maximum number of buttons from 36 to 18.
- ADDED: MS-DVR support.
- FIXED: Changing PAL/NTSC mid project wouldn't update the menu size.
- FIXED: MKV files producing over capacity DVDs due to failing to calculate the audio bitrate.
- FIXED: DVD Shrink automation issue on dual core PCs.
- Release Date: Aug 16, 2007
- FIXED: Display issue on menu screen.
- FIXED: AutoFit not accounting for second audio stream.
- Release Date: Jul 19, 2007
- Added: Ability to add static text to the menu.
- Added: ISO creation, without burning.
- FIXED: Minimize->Maximize Window persistance bug.
- FIXED: Invalid bitrate in second audio stream if present bug.
- Release Date: Jul 7, 2007
- FIXED: Bug with 2GB+ mpeg assets not producing chapter points.
- Added output folder name setting.
- Release Date: Jul 4, 2007
- FIXED: Bug with Vista and certain file paths
- Release Date: Jul 2, 2007
- Inplace PAL to NTSC pulldown (no need to demux/add pulldown/remux) - significant reduction of PAL->NTSC encode duration!
- FIX: Bug with Vista and certain file paths
- Improved "Large Font" support in the GUI.
- Release Date: Jun 22, 2007
- Inplace 3:2 pulldown (no need to demux/add pulldown/remux) - significant reduction of Film->NTSC encode duration!
- FIX: Faint vertical "lines" in some encodings.
- FIX: mpeg audio issues.
- Made AC3 the default and recommended audioencoding.
- Better DTS audio handling.
- Release Date: Jun 19, 2007
- Updated to latest ffmpeg.
- Improved Vista compatability (again!)
- More formats supported: AviSynth scripts (see http://forum.videohelp.com/topic331487.html)
- Resolved some threading issues with multi core systems.
- Removed internal DVD player for previews. Now uses default DVD player on PC.
- Release Date: Jun 12, 2007
- .Net 2 build
- Improved Vista compatability
- More formats supported: aac, mkv, h264/x264, dts
- Undo/Redo added to menu designer
- Improved encoding quality (no real need for 2 pass now)
- 30% Faster then v2.1
- Release Date: Oct 11, 2006
- Added more comprehensive ImgBurn command line switches.
- Max bitrate for encoding is now 9000kbs (was 7800kbs).
- Added setting for reducing max bitrate to 8000kbs.
- Fixed an issue with letterbox/pan & scan on 4:3 material on certain DVD players
- Release Date: Aug 19, 2006
- ImgBurn 2+ support. DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn 1 support replaced by ImgBurn 2 support and its ability to "build and burn". Now the recommended burning method due to its superior burning engine.
- PAL HDTV sources (50 fields per sec / 25 frames per sec) now supported. PAL or NTSC DVDs can be produced from such source material.
- "Force 16:9 DVD" override setting for AVI sources that have no aspect ratio info.
- Updated GUI.
- Release Date: May 7, 2006
- 1088 HDTV sources are cropped to 1080 - removing extra 8 pix encoded garbage.
- Release Date: Apr 14, 2006
- MAJOR FIX: DVDs from HDTV sources had wrong dimensions if using overscan.
- MAJOR FIX: Encoded AC3 audio no longer quieter than source audio.
- Added option to disable multiple threading (in "video encoding settings")
- Release Date: Apr 4, 2006
- Fixed positioning of the preview window.
- Improved Nero detection: quashes previous exceptions.
- Fixed bug regarding project names and saving
- Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
- Fixed two menu bugs. Including "buttons not working" in certain scenarios.
- Release Date: Mar 23, 2006
- New Settings pages (with tips & advice)
- NTSC/PAL menu nomaly fixed (affected a few DVD players)
- Displays encode bitrate on tooltip over DVD size
- Updated GUI controls
- "Save as" from projects
- Initial background folder setting
- CRT overscan setting
- Better integration with Nero via NeroBurner 2.0 (included in release).
- Lots of bugs have been fixed (too many to mention)
- Updated ffmpeg build
- improved ffmpeg configuration and options